It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm here because of my "dead" uncle.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
oK ... so I probally did this link thing wrong... and no disrespect to the OP. but i do believe you yourself wanted to make sure you were not being hoaxed yourself - so for some reason something about the logo on that letter.. is just bothering me.
Based on what I have read at the below posted link (i hope .. hehe) I would have to say the letter (and the way it is worded) is not legit :/ IMHO

"NASA INSIGNIA / LOGO]"

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TonyClifton

It seems they swaped back and forth on the logos after 1975 - so now im just back to being lost :/

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ya know, there is no way anything can not be a hoax on this thread. (sorry for the double negative)

I've realized that people will

a) not believe you because you released info too quickly

b) not believe you because you didn't release info (even if it would obviously be a breach of security/safety)

c) not believe you because you waited too long and "drip-dropped" the story

I've seen evidence of all 3 of these, so I am convinced that when it comes to personal stories concerning conspiracy and ATS, they just don't mix well... very weird.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nekbet

And why do you think it's not legit?

Based on the link you provided, it looks like his letter is legit. The insignia says "1992-present" that matches up with the letter.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I tend to want to believe the poster here. For one reason we all know they do crazy experiments we will never hear about and another is falsified letter with a signature. So if it is in fact a hoax it can now be handled legally by Nasa.

Or am I wrong in this thinking?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

Scroll back to my last post you will see that I am back to being confused after reading more into the logo / insignia ... sorry no cute face for BLUSHING

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, I would really like to believe the OP is sincere and that he really needs our help. Most of us here, on the other hand, can't help but to be suspicious for many obvious and varied reasons.

The "story" or clues to the backstory are obvious enough: A strange Philadelphia-type Experiment and cryptic, but not too cryptic references to an unusual disappearance, the name Michael D Griffin whose background and appointments include some sure-to-catch-a-conspiracy theorists eye info like this from Wikipedia "In the years following his first tour with NASA, Griffin was president and chief operating officer of In-Q-Tel, a private, non-profit enterprise funded by the Central Intelligence Agency to identify and invest in companies developing cutting-edge technologies that serve national security interests." Add to that Griffin's belief and agenda through the years that man could & would colonize the far reaches of space!

Then the very cool but somewhat suspicious pics. So, a great story with some intriguing background clues does have some of the feel of a made-to-order hoax and/or viral what-not.

However, as I proffered on page 2, if the OP and family have truly experienced these happenings as stated, then the suspicious qualities of the evidence would seem to suggest the Uncle faking his own disappearance.

edit on 1-11-2010 by The GUT because: clarification

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If anyone would like to compare, here is an actual, 100% real letter from Michael D. Griffin, dated October 27, 2006, via the official NASA website.

.pdf Source

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I don't think NASA would inform a nephew of the death of an uncle. This sort of thing is usually to the next of kin. which would be spouse, and I doubt if it would be done by letter. i also don't think they would refer to someone's death as a "misfortunate incident".

This whole thing is just wrong.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

THe signatures look alike. All I got.

To the people questioning the wording of the letter. It is lame, but if the cicumstances were true, something top secret that made someone just disappear, then who's to say that other parts to this would not be weird also.
Always keeping an open mind.
Sunny

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Sorry, I accidentally posted this, and I don't know how to delete it.
edit on 1-11-2010 by FrodoBaggins because: I had an accident.

edit on 1-11-2010 by FrodoBaggins because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Okay, I don't have time to make a big post. I'm about to go have dinner with my aunt, where I hope I can get more info on my uncle.

Some have said that these pictures I posted in OP were photoshopped.

If it makes a difference, I did open them in photoshop. I was trying to see if I could get a clearer picture of that planet/moon in the background, which I know suspect is earth.

I'll try to spend some more time on here later.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
DeltaCom? You mean EarthLink wants to take over the world?

I guess I could see how that might happen...I hope it doesn't involve dial-up.

*dusts off the 2400 baud*
edit on 1-11-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I agree with you. Everything I've been reading says that NASA/NSSC will contact the "next of kin" or "survior/beneficiary" by letter and phone. Unless his uncle made him this person, he would have had to get the information from his aunt (which I thought he said is still alive).

The death benefits would also go to this person, if he in fact died/is "lost". Then "death benefits" have been/are being paid. If this is the case we could rule out the "uncle" is hoaxing his family. Without this proof I am leaning towards a complete hoax or the uncle is trying to hoax his family.

answers.nssc.nasa.gov...

Also, the above writing styles are clearly different from the letter he posted.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
even for a believer like me,the letter seems written by a teen,and they usualy write to the spouse. so...shame on you
shame on you

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
this whole thing could just be made by a kid in need of attention...this is my honest guess....

there are 2 things that bother me:

why would NASA inform the nephew of an employee that disappeared?

the email that the uncle wrote is way tooo strange. that's not something a person that was thought to be dead would write...and why would he write his nephew at all? do you have any special bond with your uncle?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FrodoBaggins

Yeah, opening the pics in Photoshop would automatically tag it, so that doesn't necessarily mean that they are "Shopped."

Michael D. Griffin is the NASA administrator whose signature is on the letter informing you of your Uncle's disappearance.

Did your Uncle have any work related to Redstone Arsenal or the Space & Rocket center in Huntsville, Al btw?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TonyClifton
reply to post by Pauligirl

I agree with you. Everything I've been reading says that NASA/NSSC will contact the "next of kin" or "survior/beneficiary" by letter and phone. Unless his uncle made him this person, he would have had to get the information from his aunt (which I thought he said is still alive).

The death benefits would also go to this person, if he in fact died/is "lost". Then "death benefits" have been/are being paid. If this is the case we could rule out the "uncle" is hoaxing his family. Without this proof I am leaning towards a complete hoax or the uncle is trying to hoax his family.

answers.nssc.nasa.gov...

Also, the above writing styles are clearly different from the letter he posted.

Read his last post..

he is going to have dinner with his aunt...

hopefully he will find out a bit more....

Still on the fence here......

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

Hmmm...Earthlink--Scientology--DeltaCom. Does the plot thicken?

A quote from Michael D. Griffin given during a William Giles Lectureship speech at Mississippi State University in 2005:

"The technology development necessary to execute and implement our long-range exploration program will accelerate advances in robotics, autonomous and fault tolerant systems, human-machine interfaces, materials, life support systems and novel applications of microdevices, to name a few."

"Human-machine interfaces," caught my eye.

edit on 1-11-2010 by The GUT because: sp

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
reply to post by FrodoBaggins

Yeah, opening the pics in Photoshop would automatically tag it, so that doesn't necessarily mean that they are "Shopped."

Michael D. Griffin is the NASA administrator whose signature is on the letter informing you of your Uncle's disappearance.

Did your Uncle have any work related to Redstone Arsenal or the Space & Rocket center in Huntsville, Al btw?

Well, I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure this just might flush any credibility the photos *may* have had right down the toilet.

edit on 1-11-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join