It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm here because of my "dead" uncle.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Well the OP did address that and said he opened them in photoshop to get a better look at the pics. Is that plausible? I think I can give him that because I open alot of photos in various image editors for such reasons myself.

Yes, it's plausible I guess that one may feel inclined to open it in photoshop. But then to save it in photoshop? Eh ok. I think it's a little strange though that once we asked for the exif data, he didn't know what we were asking (supposedly)....but then quite soon after states that he did open it in photoshop...and that he doesn't know if it was faked or not. He's covering his butt in case he's found out.

edit on 1-11-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
For those not familiar with the lense flare tool in photoshop, well, its what the OP used in the image.

Fake guys.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Deltacom seems to be a big communications firm so sending E-mails from the moon MAYBE....but i'm sticking with duped either way.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm not from earth but even I can't email back there!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthKix

Actually the address does exist.

this link is on the street not the house Street

and here

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

Yeps i know i said it "does exist" did not say it doesnt...

either way - inspirational first post by OP or have they just shot themselves in the foot and destroyed all credibility from now on.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It seems to me like you are being played with by someone who knows about the experiment, and somehow got a hold of your uncle's old email addy ...
It is best if you stay skeptical when it comes to this email, and unless he can use the net from where ever he is on that cloud, there is no way that your uncle could have taken those pics and sent them to you, via the internet.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is a real hoax in my view. I do not believe it at all.

The email message is full of movie cliche.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

Recently the decoded Cassini did "look" like a phones digital transmission, is it possible across space?
Or was it just decoded wrong?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth
I would think that the NASA letter, at least, is not a hoax simply because of how quickly he posted it after being questioned for it. The pics, I don't know...

A very interesting idea, having read from the start. But now that the NASA letter has been submited for viewing, I also think that the gramma and terminology used within the letter does not really add up to what would have been sent out to any family member in this particular situation. If it is from NASA then they are leaving themselves right open as a professional organisation............think we are being taken for a long walk up a short alley on this one.........but interested to see what progress may possibly arise from this.....

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If I was one of the powerful people in government, I would be in hysterics reading this thread. Here is the plot :

Guy posts distorted photo of moon purporting to come from his uncle who worked for NASA and disappeared mysteriously. Debate and discussion moves on to the question of "How did he manage to send it across space?" Explanations are offered as to how this could be done.

I would be in hysterics because it would make me think that anything I say people will believe, no matter how absurd.

Actually the one laughing most must be the OP . Sorry but I am not convinced.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FrodoBaggins

dude r u for real this # is crazy did u tell nasa mabye they can be of some servise or to find out if the email is real lookup how to find the IP adress with email or some thing (ive done it its pretty simple) and use a IP lookup thing (again simple to find just search it) and see if the tracker can find it

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I need to address something to the OP that no one has brought up.

You said Nasa EMAILED you this letter? You received the original letter in 2006 in an email? Or the postal mail?

I have received letters from NASA before and they mail letters. They would never in a million years email you a letter like this. I'll scan my NASA letter if need be to help clarify some things.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I need to address something to the OP that no one has brought up.

You said Nasa EMAILED you this letter? You received the original letter in 2006 in an email? Or the postal mail?

I have received letters from NASA before and they mail letters. They would never in a million years email you a letter like this. I'll scan my NASA letter if need be to help clarify some things.

I think he's saying the letter was mailed by NASA and the email in the op was from the uncle. Two different things.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

My bad. I could of sworn i had read somewhere that he got it over an email- the way he worded it. I know is uncle emailed him. I was mistaken.

OP is the 2006 Nasa letter signed with a real pen or computer ink?

edit on 1-11-2010 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Funny how this is the hottest thread on the board right now..

But i am still on the fence 'til the OP gets back in here to answer more questions...

we'll see.....

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FrodoBaggins

Man, I had to create an account just to reply to this post.

On my Linux workstation I did a simple "strings" against the image file, which will "print the strings of printable characters in files". Unfortunately, the following was found.....
so does look to be shopped.

ns.adobe.com...

uuid:1BB4EF4ED9E5DF118CC192F8FA7026EE
uuid:1EB4EF4ED9E5DF118CC192F8FA7026EE

2010-08-29T22:13:23-04:00
2010-11-01T12:59:38-04:00
2010-11-01T12:59:38-04:00
Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows

image/jpeg

720000/10000
720000/10000
256,257,258,259,262,274,277,284,530,531,282,283,296,301,318,319,529,532,306,270,271,272,305,315,33432;9C16E9C904679213619E54DFF98BC7CD

36864,40960,40961,37121,37122,40962,40963,37510,40964,36867,36868,33434,33437,34850,34852,34855,34856,37377,37378,37379,37380,37381,37382,37383,37384, 37385,37386,37396,41483,41484,41486,41487,41488,41492,41493,41495,41728,41729,41730,41985,41986,41987,41988,41989,41990,41991,41992,41993,41994,41995, 41996,42016,0,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,30;FFE30D1DCC86B1E6AF38C7A93A0EA5A9

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
As a professional writer, I can assure you that this so called letter from NASA is a joke. I'll give the OP a little credit for trying (it wasn't blatantly bad) but the wording and word choices are way off.

And since when does any governmental agency notify an entire family that someone has passed away? Why would they they notify the deceased's wife and then write the nephew, too, as an afterthought? Who does that?

Look, NASA isn't going to write anyone and say that someone has "gone missing" during a secret experiment. That's not how it would go down in the real world. They might send someone to the deceased's house to explain things as best as they could---and yes, it is possible they would cop out and send a "Dear John" letter. But to explain the possible death and certain disapperance of one of their own in those terms? No way.

No way.

No way.

And those pictures?

Those pictures are almost funny.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I just got back from dinner.

I have a lot of news.

But first, I think I need to clear some stuff up.

Firstly, my relationship with my uncle: When I was about ten, my parents got in a wreck. My mom and dad were both in the hospital for several weeks, and I stayed with my aunt and uncle until they recovered. Only, my dad never did recover. He had brain damage, and died about two years later.

My uncle basically adopted me. He pretty much became my father. We went to alot of places together, and he taught me alot. I remember going outside on clear nights, and he showed me how to navigate by the stars, how to find constellations, planets, and how to use a telescope. I also remember visiting the planetarium and the museum. Even as I write this, I'm holding back tears. He was a great man, and I wouldn't be who I am today if it weren't for him.

It was a big blow to me when I found out he was dead. And now, I'm finding out that he might not be dead.

Secondly, I'm not saying the letter is real. It never crossed my mind that it could be fake before now, but you guys are giving me second thoughts. If it is fake, I did not fake it. Please realize that.

Third, I'm also not saying the space photos are real. I'm not saying anything is real! I'm just as in the dark as any of you. That's why I'm coming here for help!

Fourth, I scratched out my info for a reason. If you do feel it necessary to examinine it further, please don't go sharing my information.

Now anyways, the talk with my aunt was very interesting. In regards to NASA sending a letter to me (if indeed it was Nasa), she suggests that my Uncle specifically mentioned me as someone to be notified if something happened, but that's all we said about the letter, because she had some more interesting stuff to bring up when I told her about the email.

She remembered the name "DeltaCom", so I asked her about it. DeltaCom was apparently trying to sell some technology to NASA. Uncle apparently had a long name for it. Pulsed Electromagnetic something or other. Anyways, they marketed it as a way to control machines with the mind, but my uncle didn't trust them for some reason. He was always suspicious about people and companies and government and technology, like you guys. My Aunt thought he was just paranoid.

That's pretty much all I learned. My Aunt didn't want to talk about him very much, but what I did learn intruiged me.

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by The GUT

Well the OP did address that and said he opened them in photoshop to get a better look at the pics. Is that plausible? I think I can give him that because I open alot of photos in various image editors for such reasons myself.

Yes, it's plausible I guess that one may feel inclined to open it in photoshop. But then to save it in photoshop? Eh ok. I think it's a little strange though that once we asked for the exif data, he didn't know what we were asking (supposedly)....but then quite soon after states that he did open it in photoshop...and that he doesn't know if it was faked or not. He's covering his butt in case he's found out.

edit on 1-11-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Until today, I did not even know what "exif data" was, so I did what any normal person would do - I googled it, and so now I know.

Originally posted by glitch88
1. You have to save the file through photoshop for the exif data to be tagged. Want to "prove" it wasn't in photoshop, re-download the pictures and post those, not ones you put through photoshop.

If it helps, okay. Again, I'm not saying they're real. I kinda hope they are, but again, I'm open to anything.

As you can see, they look pretty much the same as the one's I originally posted. I reverted all my changes when I saved them, because I thought it would be important for everyone to see how they originally looked.

Now, I just have to say this: I get why you guys don't believe me, and are calling this all a fake, but I have to once again asure you, I am not opposed to the idea that the letter, email, and pictures are all fake. Or, just some of them.

This is as much a mystery to me as it is to you, and I came here to solve it. You are not helping me by automatically assuming I'm the one who faked it, which I assure you is not the case. If you think they were faked, then good theory. Now I have to find out who faked them, and why. And, if the letter is fake, then why is my uncle really gone? And that's assuming they really are fake.

I'm open to any theories.
edit on 1-11-2010 by FrodoBaggins because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2010 by FrodoBaggins because: Added info about pictures

edit on 1-11-2010 by FrodoBaggins because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2010 by FrodoBaggins because: Added info about pictures

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
As a professional writer, I can assure you that this so called letter from NASA is a joke. I'll give the OP a little credit for trying (it wasn't blatantly bad) but the wording and word choices are way off.

And since when does any governmental agency notify an entire family that someone has passed away? Why would they they notify the deceased's wife and then write the nephew, too, as an afterthought? Who does that?

Look, NASA isn't going to write anyone and say that someone has "gone missing" during a secret experiment. That's not how it would go down in the real world. They might send someone to the deceased's house to explain things as best as they could---and yes, it is possible they would cop out and send a "Dear John" letter. But to explain the possible death and certain disapperance of one of their own in those terms? No way.

No way.

No way.

And those pictures?

Those pictures are almost funny.

The military which is a government notifies families with letters and in person if the family inst home the military then sends the letter, i dont see how you dont believe how a government agency cant send notices if someone is died or has dead.

Oh and please dont call yourself a professional writer on these boards,trust me your better off not to use two words in line, we had so many members calcimining they were professional but haven't shown it.
edit on 1-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join