It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Trolls / Prophets / Liars / Attention Seekers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip

I agree, but this is adding to the problem. There is so much evil going on in this world, people come to sites like these looking for answers and there are people who are wilfully and deliberately posting up misinformation, people who are intentionally preying on vulnerable people by pushing their buttons and feeding them lies for their own amusement.
edit on 1-11-2010 by EnactedEgoTrip because: (no reason given)

So how do you know that all the answers here are what they say they are? Any for that matter. If someone is wrong on facts, point it out. You could be helping them understand their missconception.

No matter how far out some things may seem, to some, these are very real events. If you say it's fake, pick it apart, but constructively for the sake of bashing. That original post could have been directed at anyone.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
anyways the op is banned but lets keep it going! hahhhhhhh

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Great...

What can we talk about? I know....Cornbread! I like cornbread!
I'm pretty sure that trolls/prophets/liars like cornbread too.

and tortillas....I like the corn ones. The flour one are ok but corn's my favorite. Quesadillas mmmm

I wonder what was said to actually bring down the ban hammer. Probably profanity or cussin.

edit on 1-11-2010 by whaaa because: slfjpore

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
All I have been doing for the past few days is going around to some of these easily researched thread topics ( What causes evolution? How were the pyramids built? How do I breathe? My head hurts... ) and nicely pointing out that we have this thing called science, and while some topics on this website are completely off the grid of science ( And I love those topics also! ) if a topic has been fully researched for decades, chances are aliens are not to blame for how humans look nowadays.

My working theory right now is that some people just don't want to think. Some people are so used to researching and finding the answer to a topic through Reasonable means that we forget that it does take an effort to stay "on track" with a topic. If we are reading about Egypt, it is easy to lose ourselves in the mythical ideology that permeates Egyptian art and history. Something in us misses that play of humanity, the stylish almost otherworldly dress, the magic that weaved into everyday lifestyle. Could be that some of these posters are trying, unconscionably, to retain that feeling of grandeur in their life.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ScarletNyx

Excellent analogy, I too have thought that many people cling to previously widely-held beliefs in search for a meaning of things, for comfort or a need to be awed by something perceivably unknown.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Don't let the get to you.
Too many of those folks actually believe what they are posting.
Nothing a little lithium or thorazine couldn't help.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

BEANS AND CORN BREAD!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Of course, we should just accept abuse from other posters. I clearly was the only person who snapped. I commented as I saw the WHOLE thread, before OP's first few posts were removed. I will live by the rules in the forum but i won't be insulted either.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

Sorry i never got to see what he posted just a full page blanked but it still was not a good move by you in that reply
And no we should to have to endure abuse just alert the mods to posts like that lets face it he started this thread because he got told off in another thread i did say to him to take a break from ATS but he decided to continue to rant and said something he should not have.
See we have some of the best mods they sorted this fast think before you wright in anger its not worth losing your membership over.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
i always say a small 'hmmm' to myself when someone starts a thread with "is it just me or have standards dropped...not like old days...if i had my way...we should have tighter controls..." etc.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Awww well thank ya! It comes from years of paranoid over thinking and watching fellow humans
Hades, I've felt the same way a few times too - I get sick of wearing jeans and t-shirts, and not having some sort of flair to my everyday life sometimes bores me. So I can only imagine how some other people feel day to day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join