It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Trolls / Prophets / Liars / Attention Seekers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip

Originally posted by Myendica
im not assuming. you just registered. you prob dont have an old account, that was you trying to seem like a oldie. your just a typical lazy apathetic brit, whos angry, and trying to get attention for being salty.

your atitude towards this site os based on your emotions, not content. people can talk about what they want. you dont have to read it or visit.

You are a completely ignorant piece of #. Die please.

wait... i thought i was having a heart attack for a second there. nevermind. sorry, i tried to die

btw, you want some pepper with all this salt?
edit on 1-11-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

edit on 1-11-2010 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo

Now that's not a nice thing to say is it this is the sort fo talk i would expect from other sites not ATS kind of childish.
He should have took the break and he would have still been here.
Edit to remove quote

Thanks

edit on 123030p://2010-11-01T12:23:40-05:000111 by mars1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This has to be the most awesome thread ever!

The guy creates a post about people ranting on ATS and I see two full pages of violations... presumably he was ranting.

Irony is funny.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
your atitude towards this site os based on your emotions, not content. people can talk about what they want. you dont have to read it or visit.

^
Exactly correct!

This is a quite simple solution that is completely ignore because, as you have said, people want to appear "salty" and get that cheap ego rush of crushing another person for having eccentric beliefs. It has nothing to do with truth.

Outright hoaxes aside, yes some of the threads around this place are a bit weird, even if the member is honest in their intentions, but why hang out in the "Gray Area" or "Aliens and UFOs" if you are going to get absolutely pissed that someone is discussing the topic?

Even if the video is easily explainable to some people (I've called hoax on quite a few), the way they approach the subject is by condescendingly telling everyone they are just stupid for the discussion itself, and that ATS has gone off a cliff.

Some of these members have only been around for a month...how would they even know?

I think the MODs do a great job with the trolls and liars, but professed prophets and yes even those seeking attention, whether they know they are or not, are going to be around this place for quite some time given the sites objective.

If they aren't here making claims, then people will be posting threads to discuss those predictions anyway.

I say, just relax, don't go into a forum to read threads you simply cannot stand (*ahem 9/11 for me *ahem) and stop acting like the world just ended because some guy mistook a bug on a camera lens for the ghost of Sun-Ra.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EnactedEgoTrip

well said my friend...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I was once a lying prophet troll who was seeking attention.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Calm it down!

This feels like some sort of ownership issue.

I imagine the OP like an old regular who frequents the same pub every night and has the same drink and sits in the same spot...

'' who are all these young folk coming into my pub with your fancy telephones and your crazy ideas?''

The pub, sorry, ATS, sorry, the Internet, is not yours. Just because you're part of the furniture doesn't mean that tomorrow the brewery won't have closed down the place and skipped your beloved chair by the window.

What these sort of discussion boards allow and possibly encourage, is for someone to say whatever's on their mind without any sort of suitable environment or audience to play with. Basically, if you started to say something like this in the pub then you would have to deal with the responding reactions e.g. body language, rolling eyes, tuts etc.

The interment is good for some things, sure, but when it comes to personal or subjective issues, it's crap.

When you talk about things around people you share, or at least invite them to engage on a conscious or sub-conscious level, but without people around you, the Internet is not company.

Some of you must have fallen out with a loved one over ' that text message' . I'm drifting here, bear with me, but my point is that nothing can replace the communication involved with an actual presence.

Electronics and/or satellite dose not make a good fiend with emotion, and without emotion, I may as well be spam.

The Internet is for information. If information is not what you need right now then turn off your computer and spend some time with somebody.

If you need some sort of E-hug, then come here you silly sausage...(if only, but you get my point)

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The internet will attract loons as it is anonymous, especially forums dealing with "Conpiracies" or "Occult" matter. I distinctly remember a person that used to post pages-long "rants" about god, satan, and society. He suddenly stopped posting after a small while. A few years later, he appeared in the news, he had stabbed a vicar to death outside his home. Do not let the psychotic, schitzophrenics, whatever, use these forums as a mean to propagate their illnesses and amplify it for themselves, or they will most likely escalate into self-harm or harming others.

The guy called himself Blade by the way, news.bbc.co.uk... ,

<< 1  2    4 >>

join