It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even ANTS Won't Touch This Stuff.....Yet Humans Give It To Kids Daily- To Be Healthy!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Whether the ant story is false or not, aspartame is still bad for you. I have actually gotten headaches from it and have read several articles from doctors urging pregnant women not to ingest it. I won't touch any artificial sweeteners or give it to my kids. It tastes gross anyway.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The evidence is overwhelming that aspartame is harmful and is in fact a neurotoxin which contributes to neurological diseases, metabolic syndrome, cancer and other health effects like obesity and diabetes. If people don’t want to believe it effects humans negatively as it does animals, then they are pulling the wool over their own eyes to their own detriment.

One study that was done fed animals aspartame throughout their lives until they die a “natural” death. They found statistically significant and dramatic increases in the related cancers of lymphoma and leukemia, along with several other types of lymphomas. The study also found that if you take these same animals and expose them to formaldehyde in the same doses, they developed the same leukemias and lymphomas.

Another study found that when they radio-labeled aspartame, they could actually see formaldehyde binding to DNA, and it produced single and double strand DNA breakage. It is known that when formaldehyde binds to DNA, it's very difficult to remove it, meaning the damage ends up being cumulative over time as more is consumed. Eventually, the necessary pattern of DNA damage to initiate cancer will occur and once developed the aspartic acid component of aspartame will make the cancer grow very rapidly. So not only is it able to cause cancer, it is making the cancer move very rapidly.

People need to avoid these products entirely.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

What a disgusting chemical!!!!

How anyone can touch it again after that visual is beyond me Hottie,
That will be a cure for sure.

Somewhere on down the line quite a long time ago, I don't know maybe in the fifties...
we made a grievous error by allowing profit generating corporations and food engineers to
essentially make the call and dictate to the American public
what passes for "consumables" and "food."

Just because you can get it down your throat without flopping over dead,

is no reason to say "it's ok."

We all know how foodstuffs are approved for human consumption here in the United States ...you forge trial studies, buy a politician and pay off someone in the FDA so they don't look too closely.

We are sort of, a whole country of guinea pigs...but hey, don't go knocking capitalism.
Some people couldn't afford the fake bread on the table without our free (read, fast and loose) enterprise.

Yes, I think our FDA should all be hauled out and shot.... like they do in China.

edit on 1-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I heard from reliable sources Donald Rumsfeld is/was on the board of the company that manufactures Sweet and Low.
Sweet and Low is associated with a whole host of medical problems for which the cure most often prescribed is PROZAC.
Coincidentally, Donald Rumsfeld is on the board for the company that manufactures PROZAC too!

Associated with both the disease and the cure.
Like cigarette manufacturers making money off Nicorette!

Scruples and ethics seem like antiquated concepts that went out with high buckle boots.

Today we thrive on making money, no matter what the cost in human life..... conscience be damned.

edit on 1-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

If I lived in Florida and had bug problems I would get me a bunch of geckos to eat them.

So then
what do we use to get rid of the geckos,
Offer them a job at Geico?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
the only way to truly find out is to do the experiment yourself. all you need are ants and aspartame. i noticed this too at a cottage but with wasps. they were hovering around the regular coke, but didn't go near the coke zero.
edit on 1-11-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
here are the top 92 diseases from aspertame
Eye
blindness in one or both eyes
decreased vision and/or other eye problems such as: blurring, bright flashes, squiggly lines, tunnel vision, decreased night vision
pain in one or both eyes
decreased tears
trouble with contact lenses
bulging eyes

Ear
tinnitus - ringing or buzzing sound
severe intolerance of noise
marked hearing impairment

Neurologic
epileptic seizures
headaches, migraines and (some severe)
dizziness, unsteadiness, both
confusion, memory loss, both
severe drowsiness and sleepiness
paresthesia or numbness of the limbs
severe slurring of speech
severe hyperactivity and restless legs
atypical facial pain
severe tremors

Psychological/Psychiatric
severe depression
irritability
aggression
anxiety
personality changes
insomnia
phobias

Chest
palpitations, tachycardia
shortness of breath
recent high blood pressure

Gastrointestinal
nausea
diarrhea, sometimes with blood in stools
abdominal pain
pain when swallowing

Skin and Allergies
itching without a rash
lip and mouth reactions
hives
aggravated respiratory allergies such as asthma

Endocrine and Metabolic
loss of control of diabetes
menstrual changes
marked thinning or loss of hair
marked weight loss
gradual weight gain
aggravated low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
severe PMS

Other
frequency of voiding and burning during urination
excessive thirst, fluid retention, leg swelling, and bloating
increased susceptibility to infection

Additional Symptoms of Aspartame Toxicity include the most critical symptoms of all
death
irreversible brain damage
birth defects, including mental retardation
peptic ulcers
aspartame addiction and increased craving for sweets
hyperactivity in children
severe depression
aggressive behavior
suicidal tendencies

Aspartame may trigger, mimic, or cause the following illnesses:
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Epstein-Barr
Post-Polio Syndrome
Lyme Disease
Grave’s Disease
Meniere’s Disease
Alzheimer’s Disease
ALS
Epilepsy
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
EMS
Hypothyroidism
Mercury sensitivity from Amalgam fillings
Fibromyalgia
Lupus
non-Hodgkins
Lymphoma
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

These are not allergies or sensitivities, but diseases and disease syndromes. Aspartame poisoning is commonly misdiagnosed because aspartame symptoms mock textbook ‘disease’ symptoms, such as Grave’s Disease.

You can thank Donald Rumsfeld for this drug

courtesy of www.sweetpoison.com...

At a temperature of 78 degrees Aspertame turns to Formaldehyde in the human body
edit on 1-11-2010 by boroboy because: more information

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by crichton13

Do you need a lollipop?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
i left some frito's bean dip out on the porch for two days last week... completely untouched by ants...infact my grandfather had the nerve to taste it...tasted fine he said....deeeeescusting

also "stupid bloody american hick" is not the proper nomenclature dude, we prefer to leave "bloody" out of it

edit on 1-11-2010 by dowhatyoufear3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

There is only one diet drink that I can find, Orange Crush, that does NOT have aspartame. I would love to find more, but they are nowhere to be found. Coke, Pepsi, Fresca, Root Beer, all these diet drinks, have aspartame. And I am addicted.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

You are only addicted because you choose to be.

If it were important enough to your health, you would choose otherwise, I presume.

Goes back to my first post, the point I made regarding who makes the choices regarding what we eat and why.

It comes down to you and only you...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm done with aspartame!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The Wikipedia article at this link en.wikipedia.org... discusses Aspartame in detail and contains many research reference links. This additive doesn't look to be so bad. I'm more concerned about how unhealthy people look who eat at McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, etc.. That food contains something hideous..though I have no idea what it is.
-CWM

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
go to www.pubmed.gov

and type in the following key words:
aspartame and human and adverse effects

(that way you eliminate all the studies they did in vitro and on animals.

The results are there in plain site. Pretty scary. One study even had to be terminated early because of the adverse effects the patients were experiencing.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
How about we try the great MARGARINE effect. Lets not forget ITS not butter and ITS used as a butter substitute. What bugs eat butter? Give me a name i'll round them up and spray margine on them and see if they die. Aspertame is the new margine people get use to it. We are very familar with alternatives sometimes the alternative is better then the ternative but sometimes the ternative is better then the alternative...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I have a theory that the one thing keeping us alive (food) is also killing us. A lot like Iron Man 2, where Tony Stark needs palladium to power his chest implanted mini-arc reactor (which keeps shrapnel from entering his heart and killing him), but is also rapidly dying due to palladium poisoning. I think it's possible that although food (from meat to plants, naturally hunted to store-bought) nourishes us and gives us the energy and resources necessary for our cells to perform mitosis, therefore enabling us to live, it could also theoretically be responsible for longterm cell decay and organ failure, resulting in mortal death. I hypothesize that no matter what you eat, you're going to die. Unless we learn to photosynthesize our nourishment from the sun (plus hydrate ourselves with clean water of course), we are going to remain mortal beings. The reason I believe this is not because I think food is poisonous, but rather there are far too many ingredients in anything you can possibly imagine eating that the body just doesn't need. Obviously, the benefits (a long 70+ year life) outweigh the downfall (dying of starvation). However, I think that if a human learned how to nourish his/her body without the need for foreign consumption, that human would live indefinitely. Just a theory that I think is semi-relevant to the topic about aspartame.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yes, the ants die from eating it and if you have done any research at all you know how deadly Aspartame is and how it causes brain lesions, tumors and many other bad things. This is how criminal our government is. They knew this stuff was bad and actually failed it from getting an FDA approval TWICE before the Donald Rumsfield got it approved. OUr fake media has hidden this story also. Our bogus medical establishment does nothing to get the word out either about it because they are all frauds too. The only way you hear this truth about this deadly substance is with the alternative media.

Thanks for posting this, you might save some lives.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I just got back from purchasing my usual nightly cup of coffee at the gas station. I looked at the various little packets of sugar and their ingredients. Thankfully, I've used the yellow packets of Splenda sweetner over the past 7 years or so. I was relieved to see that its main ingredient is Sucralose. In fact, it was the only one that didn't have Aspartame.

To be honest, just living in this modern day society bombards us to so many poisons, that one more, or one less, may make little difference in the end.

edit on 1-11-2010 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
dresden james(both quotes)

aspartame.mercola.com...

anybody who does research about things they want to know about will eventually dig up the truth. there may be a lot of lies and propaganda to dig through, but you can find it. those who know the truth will stay away from things like aspartame, msg, and gmo's.
there is a difference between what you believe and what you know for a fact. i think the important question that the knowledgeable need to ask is how do we inform the one's who don't know? those who don't want to know? surely these people care about their own health. i think that with people who choose to believe rather than to know are only burying their heads in the sand.
i guess we could just let the fools kill themselves off, but how does that do anybody any good? you don't have to care about the people who choose to live in ignorance, but their children have to live with it. and these poisons are doubly effective on children's still developing bodies and brains.
though you may care about your neighbor or your coworker's enough to discuss these things with them, do they want to discuss them with you? if they do, is it acceptable in your workplace to discuss anything that happens to be in a package with the "alternative crowd"? is it acceptable to discuss anything that is "controversial"? is the truth controversial?no. the truth would still be the truth even if there was nobody who knew it.

in such a time as this, when our corporations seem to own our government, all it takes is us people to communicate with one another, to discuss, to learn, to know, not to believe. believing will get us nowhere fast, and serves only to divert our energies elsewhere. i'm sure we've all heard the saying "together we stand, divided we fall", the obvious truth can be understood in so many different and complex ways.
we live in a state of dissolution, why would any enemy of america need to attack us? we truly are our own worst enemy.
one who will not listen to you because you are of a different race or religion is obviously confused, but in america, the reasons for which we don't listen to one another are far more petty than that. it could be simply because you belong to a different social crowd, or listen to different kinds of music, or eat different kind of food, dive a certain type of car, have a certain type of job.
the assumptions we make about each other every day are so subtle that most of them just slip into the dark little place in each of our minds reserved for the taboo.
so what i'm trying to say is, don't write-off what you hear so easily just because of your personal differences, this is not the way to find the truth so well camouflaged within the lies and half-truths.

"The way of the great integrity is like stringing a bow, pulling down the high, lifting up the low-
Shortening the long, lengthening the short to take from the excessive and give insufficiency support.
How opposite to our social norms which increasingly impoverish the poor to further enrich the rich who do not need any more.
How can we gather the world’s wealth to create abundance for all in need?
Through rediscovering the great integrity, by acting without praising the deed."
lao tzu (tao te ching)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join