It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even ANTS Won't Touch This Stuff.....Yet Humans Give It To Kids Daily- To Be Healthy!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
I don't think they put aspertame into diet drinks anymore as the OP states.

They DO, however, add it to almost EVERY SINGLE BRAND of chewing/bubble gum. I imagine because the lingering sweetness of it tricks the consumer into thinking it's got "long-lasting flavor". I guess it could also be because not all kids like "diet" food but I haven't met one yet that doesn't like gum

Not all bubble gum contains Aspartame (Hubba Bubba in the UK doesn't, neither does Bubblicious or Dubble Bubble original) However, _ALL_ the rest does. It's annoying since I like bubble gum but I won't touch anything with aspartame or acesulfame k in it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Interesting enough george noory had an expert on this subject last night on coast to coast am Dr. Betty Martini
www.coasttocoastam.com...

If i was to listen to ANYBODY on this subject it would be this lady..

I am not for aspartame but it should be a choice to eat or not but atleast let us know the harmful effects it COULD have on the body in a diet regime... The only TIME aspartame should be used is in severe obesity where all other options don't work for cutting out real sugar... You have to weigh the good and the bad....

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OG_SWAGGA_KING

and your breathing the waste of plants..... ewww and their breathing your waste ewwwwwwwww......

You cant see the forest through the trees. Even milk is toxic to some people, its all those evil farmers. What the hell are you expecting to happen without aspertame? Do you think everyone will be super intelligent body builders? Will the absense of ANY artificial substances in our food suddenly cause people to be educated about nutrition?
Uhhh NO.

You could take every damn artificial sweetner out of every drink and people will still be driving without a seatbelt. Maybe its because you dont understand that ALL things are harmfull to someone. What you need is moderation and education.... and the rest will solve itself.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Alots of great points here in this one.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Im responding to the headline, why do you use the word "human" why not people, are you not a human. Get some sunlight people when you say it like that it gives people the impression that you have that far-out unrealistic am an alien mentality.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by maximiliian
Im responding to the headline, why do you use the word "human" why not people, are you not a human. Get some sunlight people when you say it like that it gives people the impression that you have that far-out unrealistic am an alien mentality.
Ah ya caught me Ahma aliuhn.

It ws to differentiate between human and ant, thats all.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

There is always the choice to stop. Period. In that sense and IMO then, yes - a person chooses his addiction and whether to continue or not.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
its amazing that the subject of aspartame is still "controversial", i mean, first of all, those who don't consume it regularly probably find that it tastes like crap.
that being said, its even more amazing why it's so widely used.
though the information is readily available for anyone who has the time to find it.
of course finding it is the easy part, most people just choose not to believe it, or they just don't have the time or patience to sit down and read for more than 5 minutes.
aspartame is a slow killing, sweet tasting poison. it's been found to contribute to the rising statistics of brain tumors and other health problems. this my friends, is fact. it's also a fact that mainstream media is the main reason why most of america is completely misinformed about most of what's happening in the world today.

aspartic acid(aspartate)40% of aspartame: this is a lot like msg, a neurotoxin or excitotoxin, too much can can cause the killing of certain brain cells by over-stimulating them which can eventually lead to many degenerative diseases like parkinson's.
i think it's also worth mentioning that msg actually has no taste at all, the only reason it makes things taste better is because of this effect(this could explain how some chinese people can actually eat carp)

phenylalanine50%: for those that don't have PKU it's still a danger. this amino acid is found in proteins(foods like eggs, milk, bananas and meat) and is normally present in the brain. too much is also neurotoxic and will excite the neurons to death. when you ingest aspartame, you are ingesting much more than the normal amount, remember that in nature, it is a very small part of your food. for people that have pku or carry the pku gene, it can cause brain damage or even death. in fact we've only really become more aware of PKU in the last 20 years because of the use of aspartame. it can also be harmful to diabetics, and some say it contributes to add/adhd and even emotional imbalances. another interesting fact about phenylalanine is that in the 1976 Groliers encyclopedia, it states that cancer cannot live without phenylalanine.

methanol10%: methanol is VERY toxic. there is no debate about that. possibly the most worrisome part of aspartame. methanol alone, even at very low levels, can cause a lot of problems. without the presence of ethanol(like in alcohol), methanol will convert to highly toxic formaldehyde. that might be bad enough for most sadists, but the presence of excitotoxins will enhance the toxicity of formaldehyde.

so anyway, i'm tired of this so i'll just give a couple good links to help people out,
just remember that reading up on crap is the one way you can find things out for yourself,
or you could just stop ingesting poisons(like aspartame and msg) for 2 or 3 weeks and see what difference it really makes, that would be the real proof for all you non-believers out there.

www.holisticmed.com...
www.mac-archive.com...
www.dorway.com...
www.bio.net...
www.rense.com...
www.holisticmed.com...
www.aspartamekills.com...

and for those of you who mentioned the idea of us people being lab rats for the corporate(or government) experiments, here's a link to a good documentary...
www.personalgrowthcourses.net...

peace dudes...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Found the original source of the story the blog retold.

www.relfe.com...

It has a July 2010 original date, so this is old news.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by T0XiK

i really hate these kinds of threads, are you saying humans are comparable to ants? that's like those known to cause cancer in laboratory animals labels, are you a laboratory animal?

Ants also eat other ants, so by your logic should we be eating each other?

Hate them enough to participate them, and expect to be relpied to in a serious fashion, I see.

No I did not say ants are comparable to humans, but possibly their behavior could be watched and studied, and similar done with humans, to see if indeed a correlation exists.

Are we lab rats?

I certainly do not possess the answer to that one. Under the belief of God systems, ar4e we all not just some huge experiment of the Creator, in essence, lab rats?

Ooops, I accidentally went ahead and tried to answer that.

Should we eat other humans? Why should we not eat the flesh of our enemy? That is for another thread, unfortunately.

as alot of people have pointed out we eat alot of things that are poisons, the thing is we eat them in moderation, its a fact that aspartame is healthier then high fructose corn syrup, the problem comes not with eating these things but with making them your exclusive diet, like always drinking diet coke instead of water.

this has nothing to do with the ingredient but with the person, we need to take personal responsibility for our eating habits instead of blaming others because we want to feed our kids soda 24/7.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by T0XiK

Unless you grow all the food you consume, you do not know 100 percent WHAT you are eating, period.

Even then, according to geography, some soil may already be contaminated by the lax law allowing toxic dumping and of course illegal dumping.

And even then, that water we are watering our garden with, if unfiltred and even filtering sometimes misses some, is full of drugs.....

To some of us, even taking responsibility seems like a lose lose, when you look at the cards stacked against us humans.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

it seems as if you have just given up all hope, the whole world is not against you. sure even if you cook your self there might be a few contaminants on the vegetables and fruits, but your exposure will be minimal compared if you eat frozen foods and fast foods everyday, the human body is not as fragile as you think, but yes if all you're doing is bombarding it with high doses of chemicals its a lost fight.

the world is not perfect, commercial food is not perfect, all you can do is educate your kids on a healthy diet, and eat as right as you can, the day we cant cook our own foods and all we have is government approved pre-cooked pre-packaged foods i'll agree with you.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by T0XiK

Unless you grow all the food you consume, you do not know 100 percent WHAT you are eating, period.

I just have a problem with that stance. Entirely.

And unless you make your own clothes...you don't know who made them.

And unless you purified your own water...you don't know what's in it.

And unless you made your own make-up...you don't now what's in it.

What you DO know about foods are their general micro/macro nutrient composition, the parts that ACTUALLY matter. The parts, carbs/fat/protein, that ACTUALLY have the largest effect on our health.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have heard recent reports that aspartame is not very safe. They are reviewing the FDA certification for aspartame so I don't know if I would be using it for ant control. For ants, I really like pyganic dust. It works really good at controlling large populations of ants and it is still really safe. I just use a bellows duster to apply it into different cracks and crevices around my house and where I see ant trails. As the ants crawl in it they get in on their legs and body and during grooming it is ingested. I got the tips from a video at Natural Pest Control and I found it to be really helpful. Once I watched the video I was able to dust my house and keep ants at bay! I think you could use any pyrethrum dust if you couldnt find pyganic dust. I read a few labels, and decided pyganic was the most safe version and since I have 3 kids safety was my number one goal.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Very nice article.
But one begs to ask...
Does it matter to a nation obsessed with food?
Does anyone realize that food is our number one production?
After decades of bad nutrition, do you think kids will choose healthfood?
Will this nation actually do something about Aspartame?
No.
Want to know why?
Because it's the only remedy, or I should say quick-fix, to an overweight nation.
Can't find sugar free or fat free junk food?
Yes you can...but it has Aspartame in it.

What's sad is that people still blame the food for their weight problems.
Yet healthfood costs about 35% more to an already broke nation.
The cheapest foods have the worst things in them.

I say, use it for ant killer or pest killer and try not to ingest it.

What nation is this guy talking about? There are at least 50 nations in the world with people that have english as first language and it seems to becoming the universal language of the internet, so I have no way to know what nation he is referring to.

Aspartame, however, is not an ant killer. That is a myth, it should be ok to be used as artificial sweetener like canderel but it should not be put into processed food unless it is clearly marked and there should be health risk warnings on products like that like on tobacco products and alcohol!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You shouldnt drink soda daily anyway. Once in a while when you eat out, but if you are thirsty, down some water.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Thanks for this,s+f.Aspartame seems to be in SO many things deemed fit for human consumption these days.The other day the hubby(who dont read labels) brought home some sparkling pineapple-flavored mineral water.More fool me-should have checked first.I did after 2 glasses,i thought this stuff is Heavenly,lemme see what goes in here-and Yes,too late,i saw it-Aspartame.May as well have had a regular Coke rather,it would propably have been the healthier option.
So,sadly that lovely brand of mineral wateris off limits too.Well unless its the ultimate SHTF,and we're going to die of thirst if we dont drink Something,i guess.
Too much regular sugar is not good to consume in vast quantities either,but at least in 100% fruit juice,there IS health in there,along with the natural sugar.People should rather buy kids mineral water without additives,if they're gonna spend money on a drink,imo.
Another thing,when i was a kid,more than 30years ago,their just were'nt that many overweight kids around! We were all so active then,riding our bikes,climbing trees and roofs,running around,playing-i was at Olympic level fitness when i was a kid,most of us were superfit and Very healthy.
Its very easy to notice the difference if one's been arounf for a few years-inactivity and unhealthy eating habits as a child,makes for an adult more prone to health issues and overweight.
Of course in those days,food was healthier in general i guess.We were fortunate to get practically everything that went into our mouths,fresh off the farm then,organic.Getting the same now would cost a fortune,if one was rabidly determined and could afford it at all.
Here's a big part of the problem as ive noticed it in my own country-a packet of crisps and a 2l Coke costs HALF the price of a 2l 100%fruit juice+a container of salad/box of grapes,etc.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It wouldn't be the first thing that is relatively safe for humans but not some animals. Acetaminophen is deadly to snakes...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join