Even ANTS Won't Touch This Stuff.....Yet Humans Give It To Kids Daily- To Be Healthy!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
In my wanderings about the internet, stumbled upon this little blog article, and was amazed by the photos, but not surprised.

Using Aspartame For Ant/Roach Bait

(Stephanie Relfe - Health,Wealth & Happiness) I had heard of a woman who made up ant poison from aspartame, and since we in Florida were being invaded by ants, I decided to make up some ant poison of my own. I decided the best way to get them to eat it was by mixing it with raw honey. I mixed roughly 3 or 4 parts raw honey to 1 part aspartame and put it out in a toy baby saucer for them.
Sure enough, pretty soon, the saucer was FULL of dead ants.

The article then goes onto to describe the lady laying a pile of aspartame dir4ectly on the floor, and the ants covered the pile of aspartame with debris and such as a WARNING to other ants the stuff is deadly!

The article further goes on to state this is normal behavior for ants, to cover up dangerous substances as a warning to other ants to steer clear.

I found this to be a very interesting article, it is the first time I have heard of using aspartame as a pest killer. She states it made her cockroaches so lethargic she could just scoop and flush them!!

Yet in America, we have mothers giving little Sally Diet Soda all day long, so she loses weight!!

Now, in the article the lady claimed her cock roaches were so lethargic she could scoop and flush and them.

Are we making our kids scoop-n-flushable, too?

And, for whom?

Has anyone else heard of this method of extermination?

Does anyone else see a deadly parrallel with in our own species, except for one sad deviation, with the ants?

At least the ant mothers are smart enough to try and hide the poison from their babies.

edit on 1-11-2010 by hotbakedtater because: to add a rhetorical question

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

If you search aspartame on ATS you will find it is BAD stuff.

from memory, it used to be a waste product until they rebadged it to make $$

having an ex-monsanto ceo running the fda help them

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Snopes, however, claims the notion that using asparame for ant killer is patently FALSE.

SNOPES SAYS FALSE

They conducted their own experiment and claimed the ants Thrived on the aspartame.

Hmm.

I googled why does aspartame kill ants, and the reults are mixed. Several blogs claim aspartame does kill ants, and us too, while other articles claim the opposite.

I just wanted to add a counter view to the debate.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Very nice article.
But one begs to ask...
Does it matter to a nation obsessed with food?
Does anyone realize that food is our number one production?
After decades of bad nutrition, do you think kids will choose healthfood?
Will this nation actually do something about Aspartame?
No.
Want to know why?
Because it's the only remedy, or I should say quick-fix, to an overweight nation.
Can't find sugar free or fat free junk food?
Yes you can...but it has Aspartame in it.

What's sad is that people still blame the food for their weight problems.
Yet healthfood costs about 35% more to an already broke nation.
The cheapest foods have the worst things in them.

I say, use it for ant killer or pest killer and try not to ingest it.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

I have always been suspicious of it, because I had read that Donald Rumsfeld is associated with the product, and that alone makes it something to be leery of thre, right there. I have read it causes your brain to bleed. I had never run across anyone claiming to do their own experiement like this, but when I googled, of course this is not new news.

What I had not connected before, was the cockroach story, where she said it made her cock roaches lethargic. Then juxtapose that with fat kids sipping diet drinks, and I got a nasty feeling in my stomach for a second. That sounds....familiar....the connection between the lethargic roaches and our children just...came to me. Sadly.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

If you want some safe fun to keep the ants out .. cinnamon
Natural Pest Control: Ants

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I would just like to point out what Wikipedia has to say: "The safety of aspartame has been the subject of several political and medical controversies, Congressional hearings and internet hoaxes since its initial approval for use in food products by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1974." Sure, its Wikipedia, dis-info agents could easily have written whatever they want, but, whats your source? I think its probably a hoax of some sort, however, I never thought artificial sweeteners were good for us, I think they can be very bad for your health, however, perhaps do some research before claiming anything. Also, some foods are actually poisonous to animals, while being completely ok with humans, while some things are poisonous for humans, while animals happily eat them.

Also, the Wikipedia article is backed up by this: informahealthcare.com...
edit on 1-11-2010 by iamaperson because: Just adding a more reliable source.
edit on 11.1.10 by iamaperson because: To bold the most important bit, although the other stuff is important for this discussion too.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
In the first pic, the dead ants are all embedded in the honey. Whether or not the aspartame had anything to do with it is questionable.

In the second pic, there are chunks of debris in there that are even too big for an ant to carry. It looks as if someone dumped some glue on the floor and swept trash over it. I highly doubt ants would use a plastic broomstraw to cover anything.

I avoid aspartame and saccharin in any form, even refusing toothpaste/mouthwash that contains it.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision
In the first pic, the dead ants are all embedded in the honey. Whether or not the aspartame had anything to do with it is questionable.

In the second pic, there are chunks of debris in there that are even too big for an ant to carry. It looks as if someone dumped some glue on the floor and swept trash over it. I highly doubt ants would use a plastic broomstraw to cover anything.

I avoid aspartame and saccharin in any form, even refusing toothpaste/mouthwash that contains it.

Indeed, I agree with Sykickvision. I thought that the pieces were not put on by ants. And I suppose ants would die if the UFO contained only honey too.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I am not an ant. I am a human. I wonder how many times bigger I am than an ant?

Virtually everything that passes your lips today is tainted in some way or other. The only way to combat this is try to eat a little as possible.

2 choices. Eat the food or get off the planet.

If you are doing ok healthwise just be grateful. So many people in this planet are hungry everyday. Try it on yourself for a while. It will change the way you think.

Why do so many people on this planet think it is necessary to have 3 meals a day. Not to mention all the crap in between meals.

Then we have the cheek to give out about all the food we fill our houses with and whats wrong with it.

p.s. Leave the ants alone would yis.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

instead of leaving the planet, she could grow her own things. Meat, veggies, some fruit, everything.. But is it worth it, totally, is it healthy, totally. But do you got energi or even WANT to, that I dont think. So keep eating the junk, like me, and you.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
So, if we continue on with the hypothesis of this thread, even though the facts are false, that all living things on Earth have exactly the same reaction to 'toxic' substances, that must mean chocolate, which is toxic to felines & canines, is also toxic to humans. Is it? There are many other human safe foods that are also toxic to cats & dogs (Link to article.).

Please people, deny ignorance. Threads like this, especially when based on false information to push an agenda, can only hurt ATS.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Yes, Rumsfeld was instrumental in having the FDA declare Aspartame safe - the same guy that abandoned his duty post on 9/11. 2 good reasons he should have been sent to prison. I almost forgot he OK'd torture too! Whadda guy, huh?

I have used cider vinegar to stop ants from coming in my house, they won't cross a line of it for some reason.
For roaches use Roachpruf, toxic but the stuff really works.

If I lived in Florida and had bug problems I would get me a bunch of geckos to eat them.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'm going to go along with Snopes on this one.

I am no friend of sweetener (except Stevia) and I believe they only serve to make the populous fatter and more unhealthy, but I don't believe the premise of the original story here.

I think the more important issue is that people are feeding their kids so much sweet stuff that messes with their insulin levels ALL day long. It's horrible!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I don't think they put aspertame into diet drinks anymore as the OP states.

They DO, however, add it to almost EVERY SINGLE BRAND of chewing/bubble gum. I imagine because the lingering sweetness of it tricks the consumer into thinking it's got "long-lasting flavor". I guess it could also be because not all kids like "diet" food but I haven't met one yet that doesn't like gum

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Exactly!

Chocolate kills dogs (actually it can kill humans too but the fatal dose is something like 22pounds) , a rabbit will die if you feed it too much lettuce, Tomatoes can cause seizures in dogs and grapes can cause kidney failure.

Different species have different biology and are effected by chemicals in foods differently.
edit on 1-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

If you want some safe fun to keep the ants out .. cinnamon
Natural Pest Control: Ants

This works perfectly everytime!

I have used cinnamon many times to reroute or deflect ants from my doors or windows. I try not to kill any "domestic" ants, because they are a great deterrent for the "imported fire ants" that are so dam addressive!

As for aspartame, I haven't read up on any of the links yet, but it would make sense to me if ants didn't recognize it. It is a chemical, it is not a naturally occuring sugar. Of course an ant's biology would be designed to recognize sucrose and fructose, and other starches, because those occur naturally in an ant's environment. Aspartame or Splenda or Saccharin are not naturally occuring and therefore I doubt an ant would have a way to recognize and/or process them. People use them for that very reason. Our own bodies do not have a way to recognize and/or process these chemicals. Therefore it does not contribute calories to our body and we pass it right through. It tastes sweet, but it provides no nutritional value, and that is exactly the point!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
I don't think they put aspertame into diet drinks anymore as the OP states.

They DO, however, add it to almost EVERY SINGLE BRAND of chewing/bubble gum. I imagine because the lingering sweetness of it tricks the consumer into thinking it's got "long-lasting flavor". I guess it could also be because not all kids like "diet" food but I haven't met one yet that doesn't like gum

They still use it, although Splenda and phenylketuronics are the new favorites. All of these things are just chemicals that taste sweet but are worthless or possibly even harmful to the body.

Think about this........do you ever see skinny people drinking diet drinks? Me neither. Obviously diet drinks don't work. You always see fat people drinking diet drinks, if they worked, then all those fat people would eventually turn into skinny people, but that doesn't happen.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thats an interesting take on it, maybe the ants are eating it thinking it's sugar and starving to death because it doesn't contain any calories.
I hadn't thought of it like that

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have a question. Do you all consider sweetness to be a flavour?

Reason I ask is - I've been telling off his nibs for buying my daughter cartons of juice recently, because of the plastics inside the container and the rumours that it knocks the hormones around a bit.
What I noticed is that the carton says, 'no artificial colours or flavours'. Then I read the ingredients and aspartame is there. I'd have thought sweet was a flavour. Yes? No? So, is the labelling is wrong, or deliberately designed to be misleading?

I've also noticed these past few years that most juices, diet or not, contain artificial sweeteners.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join