It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rally to Restore Sanity/Fear Live Feed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

nice pictures but i didnt see any pictures of people picking up trash

second line didnt see any either

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Sheesh on a stick neo, is there any party you won't poop on?

We got there round 12:30 and left round 1:30, folks were still streaming in as we were leaving.
So I can neither confirm nor deny the trash situation.
I can however confirm that time was waisted by all.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Anyway, I hope everyone had fun. It was about what again?

That regardless of political leaning, race or religion we are on the same team and to not let the instant and overpowering news pundits, with agenda's, sway you of common sense and civility

Pretty radical, eh?

ETA.....oh yeah....also pick your trash and leave a place cleaner then when you arrived

edit on 30-10-2010 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

nah man just joshin you was looking at your thread just now

glad you made it and all is well glad i could look at a non partisan real acccouting of the situation

you stayed 1 hour? wow that was a bit of a waste

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

second line didnt see any either

The money raised at the rally was for a charity to make things clean and pretty there.
The opening speech was a plea from Stewart for people to not only NOT LITTER, but to leave the place nicer than they found it. Seems like people are just really looking for anything to criticize.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Looking for a skyview pic.

Not really a 'sky-view' but I found these:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/543d930014b1.jpg[/atsimg]
www.rawstory.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9bbf6b6328a.jpg[/atsimg]
www.idahostatesman.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I cannot see how far back the crowd goes. I would definitely say they are filling the requisite people per sq/ft to use the parks estimation map. Maybe even tighter. The last large concert I went to had approximately 200k, and I would say this meets that size easily. If a better higher view is given, I could give a better estimate.

I am still thinking the estimate for the Beck rally, that I wrote up, was the best I have come across. The only estimate given by a supposed crowd estimator would not return my emails and they would not give me anyone to talk to when I called. That was the company that CBS supposedly quoted. I say supposedly because they would not even confirm they gave them an estimate. They quoted 97k which was a crock.

Here is the parks map.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0b0980cb575.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the interactive map link-www.usatoday.com...
edit on 30-10-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: to add link

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

2 more crowd pics
www.cbsnews.com...

215.000 according to airphotoslive.com
(They estimated the inauguration at 800.000 and Glenns Honor thingy at 87.000)

But really: I've seen the light. Does it really matter if Glenn or Stewart have the bigger one?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Found a breakdown at PajamaMedia and some photos. Excellent article by the way.

Here-pajamasmedia.com...

So, I created a make up of the mall map.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec7b98eb2980.jpg[/atsimg]

This one is from the Restore Honor Rally

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ef9497e3f04.jpg[/atsimg]

On my computer I placed them in photoshop. I estimated about 6 to 7/10 the size of the Beck Rally when I cut and pasted to fill the other up.

According to the author over at PajamasMedia, he came up with 6/10.

So, if I use my earlier estimate then this is the numbers for this rally. 400-450k. One hell of a concert with great music and two professional comedians.

I liked this part from the article-

There was a big proscenium stage, with a lovely setup framing the Capitol — as a sometimes theater guy, I really admired it, it was gorgeous — and a large controlled area behind the stage for performers and technical people. Professional sound set ups, with big name acts flying in for a few numbers.

Big name acts, extensive crowd control, rules against video or audio taping even with your cell phone, boring political speeches … this wasn’t a rally, this was a U2 concert!

And that tells us the real story: they held a rock/comedy concert, with pro acts including two of the hottest TV comedians around, and professional production, with free admission and with Arianna Huffington paying for bus rides — and no matter what you think a “dense” crowd is, it was still only about six-tenths of Beck’s open-air church service.

But the bearded guy really wasn’t a bad imitation of Cat Stevens. Not like the real thing, of course. I wonder if he’s thought of going pro?

edit on 31-10-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

Does it really hurt you so much that Colbert and Stewart drew as much as the Glenda

Not at all Debunk. The young people eat up the Comedians. I think it's great they attend and learn more about politics. I just don't want you to be confused with the fact the young are less likely to vote. Even more so in a mid-term.

Sure they came out for BO for president, but they will make little to no difference in this pivotal election.

Don't be fooled, this is all the Dems could come up with to make a list ditch effort for the mids. The candidates for the dems certainly can't campaign on their involment in the last 2 years of disastrous governing.

Overall I am happy for anyone with the incentive to be involved in the process. I just think those analyzing from the sidelines should not get too excited over a giant party.

Becker

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

MY guy is more popular and better than YOURS! Real productive

Now South you know better than that. I was merely pointing out some crowd numbers based on MSM reports. Today is a new day and the numbers are higher than the early projections. Good for you and your clan. I'm happy for you.

Perhaps we could chat on Wednesday and see if the rest of the country hasn't been playing a little "My guy's better than your guy"

We will begin productivity in January of 2011.

Becker

top topics

<< 1   >>

join