It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Use Herbs and Supplements, You've Been Betrayed by Lawmakers. A HIGHLY URGENT Message...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I posted this on my facebook account a few days ago.

I remember watching a video a few years ago about COdex Alementarus(or something close to that).

I thought BULLSH.... However, this recent news is both shocking and hard to comprehend, this is seeming like it's true.

I have had no response on my facebook post, NO-ONE CARES!!!

They don't realise the magnitude of this scenario, I am really starting to worry about all this.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
These are not laws, they are statutes with the force of law upon mutual consent. Big difference. Just be non compliant with the fed, remind them that they are SERVANTS and you are the one in control. Be a freeman not a slave, release your mental chains. Quit calling these legislators, lawmakers; you can call semantics all you want, but when it comes down to it, all they can do is enact legislation and it has no lawful standing provided you do not give mutual consent and do not create joinder in anyway.

Become John of the Doe family

not

JOHN DOE - mm/dd/YYYY - ADDRESS - SOCIAL ID# 000000000

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
My friends of ATS,

In less than a year, virtually all medicinal herbs will be illegal in the European Union. In their take-no-prisoners strategy to wipe out every penny of competition and gain complete control of the health of the people, Big Pharma and Agribusiness have scored a major win in Europe. Similar, potentially devastating battles are also underway in the U.S.

This is just rediculas, it seems Big Pharma have got there wicked way.

The secret weapon used by drug companies is trade law. According to Gaia Health: "Rather than treating food and traditional medicines as human rights issues, they have been treated as trade issues. That makes the desires of large corporations the focus of food and herbal law, rather than the needs and desires of people. It's this twisting that has resulted in the FDA's making outrageously absurd statements, such as claiming that Cheerios and walnuts quite literally become drugs simply because of health claims made for them."

And its NOT to do with our help, which is never EVER taken into consideration. Its trade, ALWAYS trade for them, always wanting more and more money.

Im sick of this

Scource

Oh but there's more madness,

Big Pharma Scores Big Win: Medicinal Herbs Will Disappear in EU

It's almost a done deal. We are about to see herbal preparations disappear, and the ability of herbalists to prescribe them will also be lost.

Will they REALLY get there own way? Do we even have a say anymore?

Big Pharma has almost reached the finish line of its decades-long battle to wipe out all competition. As of 1 April 2011—less than eight months from now—virtually all medicinal herbs will become illegal in the European Union. The approach in the United States is a bit different, but it's having the same devastating effect. The people have become nothing more than sinks for whatever swill Big Pharma and Agribusiness choose to send our way, and we have no option but to pay whatever rates they want.

Scource

Well my friends, it seems we have lost this battle. First the EU will be effected and then the US.

Shame, flame, and downright discusting behavour on humanity.

I grow some of my own herbs but not all. I think its time to grow a few more.

Thoughts?

Are we done for ATS?

Be safe be well

Spiro

edit on 29-10-2010 by Spiro because: spelling

I love it... the confidence these lawmakers have... this bureaucratic bs is funny lol.... they think they can stop the people... that the people are sleeping.... rope to hang themselves means we are just gonna dig a deeper ditch.... IDGAF.... we will see in the end what it is to rule the world... no group of "idealists" will last through corruption.... they are few the people are many.... dont worry , everything will work out

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Firstly, I don't use herbal supplements, but I am OUTRAGED by this.
Secondly, please read through my entire post before jumping to conclusions about what I have to say.

However, the fact that this is happening is something I feel we are, in some way, partially responsible for. Too many in the medical industry, herbal supplements are often not taken seriously - and we are to blame for this. It’s not too late though, and we CAN do something about this, but to do so, we have to change how we approach natural supplements and discuss them to the rest of the world at large.

As many of you on ATS are probably aware, opinions, beliefs, and passions are unbelievably powerful in determining what any given person is willing to believe. There is nothing wrong with that, however, passion does not win court cases or judges over without strong evidence to support claims. Being too passionate can even work against groups, because they are unable to see beyond their beliefs and properly counter the opposition's arguments. To effectively fight this threat, it is necessary to set aside emotional ties and opinions in order to protect what you care about.

To fight this, we have to show the government and courts that we are, as a people, able to safely and responsibly handle herbs like we would with prescription medications without the government having to step in. We need to show that we are intelligent enough to discern false products from the real thing, and are able to purchase herbs from respectable, safe businesses.

As an individual deeply involved in consumer medicine, I am confident that how we approach herbal medicine is part of the problem. While I understand many strong supporters of herbal medicine may disagree with what I’m about to say, bear with me here and try to see things from this perspective for herbalism’s sake.

Herbal supplements ARE drugs, they ARE medications, and they ARE no different from taking prescription medications. Just because they are naturally occurring does NOT mean they are gentler on your body, more natural, healthier, or good for you. Herbal supplements have possible side effects, and can hurt or help any individual depending on the person. Herbs can be dangerous, and can kill people if too much is taken – just like with prescription medications.

I have talked with many doctors about herbal supplements and how it affects their work, and the most common thing I hear is that their patients don’t include herbal remedies in their list of medicines they are taking. This is a huge problem for doctors, whose license is endangered by their patients not understanding the seriousness of taking herbal remedies. This problem is so widespread that the health industry has been pushing for stronger regulation and control of herbs and natural supplements for a while now – supporting power gains in the FDA to make their job easier. This is exactly what pharmaceutical companies want.

To keep our rights to alternative medicines, we need to give doctors and law enforcement proof that we can be intelligent consumers, and don’t need the FDA and similar agencies to hand-feed us. We need to show responsibility and seriousness in our approach to herbs and their consumption. We need to understand that just because the herbs we are consuming occur in nature; it does not mean they aren’t medications. Take penicillin for example – it has revolutionized medicine and is naturally occurring. Everything we put into our body affects it for better or worse, regardless of its origin.

While the “natural” image has done well for selling herbal supplements, it has created an image and attitude towards herbalism that is, in the end, detrimental towards its own goals.

I could honestly write a massive paper on this topic, and have only really addressed the surface of one of the many issues surrounding alternative medicine. I'm sorry if my post is confusing, as it is rushed, but I'm trying to provide the perspective held by those combating herbal medicine, and how those who want to keep their rights to herbal medicines need to address the issue.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zelaar

I enjoyed reading your post, what struck me as really odd though was this.....

I have talked with many doctors about herbal supplements and how it affects their work, and the most common thing I hear is that their patients don’t include herbal remedies in their list of medicines they are taking. This is a huge problem for doctors, whose license is endangered by their patients not understanding the seriousness of taking herbal remedies

Couldn't doctors just ask?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
In general societies wordlwide promote separation. Then when individuals hear of these proposed changes it can seem quite overwelming.
I agree with all the people stating, getting the proper seeds and grow the needed items is a first priority.
And even for thoes who find a large herb garden such a huge task, just grow one two, or maybe three of your favorite cure all's. Then if needed old fashioned trade may be possible. Think cooperative. We nay need it.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
My friend,

The article then says >

It's not a done-deal, at least, not quite. If you value your access to herbs, or if you care about access to vitamins and other supplements, please take action. Even if these issues seem meaningless to you, consider the people who do care. Should they be denied the right to the medical treatment and health maintenance of their choice?

So its NOT a done deal, and we should fight against this. What? Have we EVER been listend to? Do they ever take US and our health into consideration? No.

We dont and wont have a say on this.

Shame, a real shame that this is happening.

Grrrr.....with a capitol G

Be safe be well

Spiro

I'm not sure about EU but we had these occult stores that sell herbs for ritual practice (are also fine for medicinal use) and organic herbal teas which are straight up herbals, no extra stuff or any pesticides, etc etc...I am pretty sure in the US they will not be able to stop the sale of these as it would be infriging on our rights to practice religion the way we want to. Now the supplements, they may not be able to be found, but honestly IMO they are only worth half or less of what the actual herb is worth when it comes to battling illness, or preventing it. Also a lot of essential oils are very good for this as well, but you must be careful when buying those and make sure they are edible grade, which is kind of hard to find at occult stores, but not impossible.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I can't recommend this enough. Just in case they end up making it unsellable, get onto ebay and buy some Kefir, or even better, if you know someone who already has some ask them for a bit. You'll never need to buy another supplement again, you'll never run out, and your food bills will drop considerably, if you're prepared to spend a little more time in the kitchen.

Dom's Kefir Site

This guy is probably the most knowledgable person on the face of the planet when it comes to Kefir. I could go into a big explanation of what it is and how much it can do for you, but I'd only be paraphrasing him anyway.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So lets say I wanted to start an Herb Garden of sort just in case this happens in the US, What would you experienced growers recommend I grow? And what are the beneficial properties of that herb.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by TheIrvy
I can't recommend this enough.

Dom's Kefir Site

This guy is probably the most knowledgable person on the face of the planet when it comes to Kefir. I could go into a big explanation of what it is and how much it can do for you, but I'd only be paraphrasing him anyway.

Thank YOU very much indeed for this.

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by SilentStigma
So lets say I wanted to start an Herb Garden of sort just in case this happens in the US, What would you experienced growers recommend I grow? And what are the beneficial properties of that herb.

Very good questions, I hope someone can point you in the right direction as to what can grow on US soil/climate

I'll check back for sure,

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
In Germany ended a online petition about this yesterday. About 117,000 people signed it. This is how the petition started:

Der Deutsche Bundestag möge beschließen, dass das Verkaufsverbot von Heilpflanzen in der EU ab dem 1. April 2011 in Deutschland nicht greift."
source here
I try to translate it this sentence:
The Bundestag (German Parliament) may determine, that the selling prohibition of medicinal herbs in the EU which is planned to start from the April 1st 2011 will be withdrawn from.

But according to a article in the German Spiegel people who signed this petition misunderstood this EU-directive 2004/24/EG. This EU-directive is already law in Germany since 2005. And its content is not to remove medicinal herbs in the EU, but to make it easier to approve the medicinal herbs as medicament's.

"Unter die Richtlinie fallen nur rezeptfreie Fertigarzneimittel, die ohne ärztliche Kontrolle eingenommen werden. Der Hersteller muss lediglich nachweisen, dass die Wirksamkeit aufgrund langjähriger Anwendung plausibel und die Sicherheit gewährleistet ist."

Only over-the counter drugs are affected by this EU-directive (not prescription drugs, not tea and etc.). Producers of such medicinal herbs have to prove that their medicals are efficient and safe. Efficient because of their medicinal herbs have been used for several years.

When I first read this thread this EU-directive worried me too, but now after reading this article on Spiegel I think that some people misinterpreted it

edit on 12-11-2010 by Fenrin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The battle is not lost, it has only begun and I will be fighting with you. We still live in a democracy and we can always make a change by making our voices heard and the injustices voiced publicly.

Surely this should awaken you to the malevolent corporate interest within your global governments, the malevolent corporate interest has been greatly emphasized within the American political system, and this should highlight the very same problem within the EU.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

You're very welcome. Do let me know through U2U if you do get some kefir. I've been using it to make all sorts of different foods, cheeses, preserves, even traditionally brewed mead. It's totally changed my life and my body. Doesn't matter what's "wrong" with you, what "disorder" you have, what "intolerances" you have, this stuff will change your life.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Well you can grow them, sucks, I use to get mine from a herb shop.
They want it all artificial, for us to be like robots, there is also a law striping some right to natural products, they will be chemicaly ajusted.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
My good friend,

Originally posted by TheIrvy
reply to post by Spiro

You're very welcome. Do let me know through U2U if you do get some kefir. I've been using it to make all sorts of different foods, cheeses, preserves, even traditionally brewed mead. It's totally changed my life and my body. Doesn't matter what's "wrong" with you, what "disorder" you have, what "intolerances" you have, this stuff will change your life.

I orderd some yesterday.....wooo hoooo

I'm really looking forward to cooking up a few recipes

From here!

Many, many thanks again my friend.....Top bloke for sure [assuming your a bloke of course lol]

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by pepsi78
reply to post by Spiro

They want it all artificial, for us to be like robots, there is also a law striping some right to natural products, they will be chemicaly ajusted.

Never a true'r word spoken

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Important info in the link folks, and what you can do to help. It would be a shame to let this happen. I can't believe the ridiculous amount asked to license herbs. I guess that was on purpose.

"(NaturalNews) The global effort to outlaw herbs, vitamins and supplements is well under way, and in just four months, hundreds of herbal products will be criminalized in the UK and across the EU. It's all part of an EU directive passed in 2004 which erects "disproportionate" barriers against herbal remedies by requiring them to be "licensed" before they can be sold."

www.naturalnews.com...

Troy

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
I posted this on my facebook account a few days ago.

I remember watching a video a few years ago about COdex Alementarus(or something close to that).

I thought BULLSH.... However, this recent news is both shocking and hard to comprehend, this is seeming like it's true.

I have had no response on my facebook post, NO-ONE CARES!!!

They don't realise the magnitude of this scenario, I am really starting to worry about all this.

I feel like that too on Facebook. I feel like when people read it, they don't really see it as true, or something. Some people do respond on occasion, but mostly I get no responses, but I still keep posting, so people are exposed to it. People are too worried about posting messages about football, and TV shows, stuff that isn't really that important. That stuff is fine to a degree, but you gotta get away from the TV for a little while sometimes.

Don't ever stop sharing the truth, you are going to eventually hit those people who "get it" and will run with it.

And, if it's anything like some of my Facebook friends, they aren't really on there but once in a while, and by that time your post is long gone on their page. You just have to keep putting it out there, obviously in a manner that doesn't annoy your friends, but gives them a chance to look at what you have to say. You will be heard, just keep talking.

Troy

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
if they touch my Cheerios I will kill them all.

I can not belive this madness.
I do my own medison and herblism.
what will the companys like culpeper.
and others like it.
you will still be abule to get herbs in the mail from some one.
you can get canabis. so how can they stop us?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join