It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Use Herbs and Supplements, You've Been Betrayed by Lawmakers. A HIGHLY URGENT Message...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My good friend,

Originally posted by denius507
I m here for quite while, but today I heard bad news on TV and then this thread pushed me to write something in order to start avalanche and at least to show that I want to participate in helping with changes..
Now about OP : There is nothing we can do about it.. Unless we all stand together and make something that will change world and our future..
For many years evil is showing it's teeth.. everyday we are witness of evil's bad influence through politics, bad market, and finally but most important, people that once had moral and ethics but were forced to disregard them just to survive in this jungle..
So mine conclusion is that good has to prevail or otherwise it will be much, much worse.. Something has to be done.. And it must be on a global scale..

Since this is mine first post and English is not mine mother language (I m from Croatia), I want you to forgive me any mistakes, and to understand that there are many people that feels world's tremor and everyday suffering..

Welcome to ATS

Your English is very good and I can understand you perfectly. Many thanks for popping in here with a positive attitude, and yes, the good will prevail, we will all stand together on this for sure

Many thanks again

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

First, they burned the witches who nurtured and cared for the villagers. Then, they took over our healthcare. Now, they're doing it again.

No surprise.

S&F

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
My good friend,

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Look at this part from the actual proposed directive for example:

(section 1 of)directive 2001/83/EC(4)requires that all aplications for authorisation to place a medicinal product on the market have to be accompanied by a dossier containing particulars and documents relating in particular to the results of physio-chemical. biological or microbiological tests as well as pharmacological and toxicological tests and clinical trials carried out on the product and thus proving its quality,saftey and efficacy.

eur-lex.europa.eu...:L:2004:136:0085:0090:en
DF

(Thats the actual proposal,and theres more nastiness in it than I can paste here,well worth a read.)

WOW...just WoW

Thats just madness waiting [or already is] to happen ....

Ill be sure to check out the rest of the link when time allows

Many, many thanks again for contributing my friend, top bloke indeed!!!

Dam, my supervisor is calling

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I don't know what to say to all this,it is simply madness on a large scale..This is worthy of rallies on a mass scale.

Total tyranny...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This will be interesting considering the fact that this industry is worth hundreds of millions every year in the UK alone. I can't imagine the money behind such an industry wouldn't go all out to stop this law, especially when you consider that money is what seems to make laws these days.

It depends how this is implemented. I do think regulation is needed regarding dosage and what is actually contained in the pills. When a pill says it will deliver 5000% of your daily requirment then you have to stop and ask if that's safe and more importantly many of the pills have been found to contain far less than is claimed on the label. Of course if they are also trying to ban things like garlic tablets it would be utterly stupid. My father managed to reduce his cholesterol for years using the garlic tablets (confirmed by the doctor btw) so some stuff does work. Then there are products like Glucosamine which are claimed to help knee arthritis and double blind studies are really starting to provide evidence for it.

Of course there are some utterly stupid things like homeopathic preparations but if people want to spend their money i really don't see the issue.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

I am sad to say that the document really does get worse,and I think it already has busted my work around loopholes-they are proposing that anything in the form of dried or fresh herbs,whatever they are sold as,will fall under this proposed legislation.

In simple terms,I will not be able to sell fresh basil/ginger etc as a form of incense etc,as any fresh or dried herbal substances falls into the the trap I posted above-they will have to have all the toxic/bio tests anyway...

Luckily for me,I do not partake in such schemes of darkness and corruption that the EU wish to force upon me.So I shall carry on behaving as I always have,and giving away and growing beautiful tasty legal herbs which promote health until they put the noose ariound my neck.

For growing and selling beneficial herbs indeed.
Let them try.

What is this world coming to Brother?

edit on 30/10/2010 by Silcone Synapse because: Spellcheck and word additions.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
i used to get high on kava kava until walmart for some unknown reason decided to say its bad for your health and pulled it off the market. this is in canada. i was then treated like a junkie looking for a fix by their minimum wage henchmen.

now i think they sell it to you, but try to scare the crap out of you by saying if processed badly it can damage your liver. meanwhile the list of your average prescription drug side effects, liver damage and failure is the least of your problems.

i recommend kava kava brewed the traditional way if your a recovering alcoholic or as a replacement because it has a nice relaxing social buzz similiar to alcohol without the hangovers.

my guess because its similiar to alcohol but much safer, they decided to nip it in the bud before it starts to cut into booze profits.

on a side note, why go to a doctor and get diazepam and pay drug dealer prices for it when you can go to walmart and get a much better and safer alternative

edit on 30-10-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
My good friend,

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
What is this world coming to Brother?

Its a sad time for humanity indeed, very sad and difficult times ahead for sure

I thought this was a good video to add, an interview with Ron Paul on WTO, FDA, Codex etc >

GO MR PAUL

Be safe be well

Spiro
edit on 30-10-2010 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Get a petition going I'll sign it. I don't know if I would count since I'm in the U.S. but I say fight those 84574RD5!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Here's a subject that gets an automatic flag, so thanks for taking the time to start it.

First to come to mind is that this is why the incumbents must go and go again, as many times as necessary. The current state of government is like the state of 'termites'. If they exist, and are functioning, they are doing damage. It must be the world's most depressing job, to be a politician having steady review (knowledge) of such atrocities, and wondering how to 'hide'.

Eventually, given firm resistance, and through exposing politicians whose hands crept over this...the power process may become whittled back, until disallowing corporate sponsorship altogether. This is no longer funny. How does one comb through to find who voted for passage of this? Is it one of those 'riders' that gets tacked on to a completely different type of bill? They sure do take the wind out of the sails of attempted self-sufficiency. For shame.

edit on 30-10-2010 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Sure you could grow your own herbs, but you'd be breaking the law....

You could collect them from the wild, but if caught you'd be in big trouble..

You might be allowed to grow them if you buy the gm seeds from monsanto, but you'd be growing plants with god knows what in them.

Your screwed bigtime..

Just hope they don't bring that to Australia, because Herbalists and natruopaths can be registered practicioners here in AU and are not considered quacks like in most other countries.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If they do get there way. Don't buy any big products. You don't need their drugs, none of us do. Most sicknesses comes from the mind and can be cured by the mind. They don't want you to know that.

If it does happen I'll make sure I'll tell everyone i know to refuse to buy any of those products, and see them loose business completely. Then they'll know how we will all feel.

Simple as that.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Happily, there’s a loophole:

Everyone – including the lawmakers – seems to have overlooked the fact that most of these herbs and supplements can be found in different types of shampoos you can buy off the shelf.

Apart from their timeworn and proven healing effects on HIV, cancer, leprosy, gunshot wounds and all kinds of infectious and genetic diseases/trauma, herbs and supplements have also always had a beneficial effect on hair:

• Camomile: smooth, glossy finish for brunette hair
• Oregano: gentle, natural gloss for all hair types
• Basil: mild, slightly astringent treatment for hair that tends to be greasy if left to its own ends
• Mint: a perfect natural antidote to dandruff, clinically proven
• Selenium (NB: not a herb): excellent for hair fibre strength and integrity

There are many more essential supplements and herbs to be found in lots of different shampoos. So if you can’t get your herbs/supplements from pills, you could definitely continue getting them from shampoos if push came to shove (at least for a time until they close the legal loophole).

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well that's just great.
People are banning of medicinal herbs but they're making it legal to grow marijuana.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You think the US is worried about domestic terrorism now?
Let those Jack Wagons Pass that Here in the US.

Big Pharma and Big Government will be dealing with about 50M to 100M armed and angry Americans.

It won't be nice.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
You think the US is worried about domestic terrorism now?
Let those Jack Wagons Pass that Here in the US.

Big Pharma and Big Government will be dealing with about 50M to 100M armed and angry Americans.

It won't be nice.

Armed and ready!!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

you are 100 percent right o the money. I have been socking up on my usual herbs,homeopathic supplements, and vitamins for a while. I need to get more but Vitamin C is really a big one. great to see someone talking about the mycoplsma horrors that Fort Detrick,Edgewood Arsenal and all have...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
A loophole would be Water! water is natural to the planet and water is everywhere, water flushes toxins out of our bodies and also hydrates us therefore....water should be classed as a natural remedy therefore the fact it helps us and is benefical for us they should take that to under their law BUT they cannot because it's to obvious and water as i say is everywhere, also vitamin c is in most fruits, and let's take broccoli it has Iron, Magnesium, Vitamin A & C and calcium therefore if they are goin to ban supplements eg Magnesium then they have to ban broccoli and they can't do that because then they have to ban pretty much everything and calcium is another perfect example calcium is good for our bones, calcium is in milk, milk is produced by a cow therefore are they going to ban cows? i don't think so....so their "stupid law" cannot come into effect because we as the general public have a loophole with facts to back it up and this is an argument we should take up with them and fight them back!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Big whoop. All the best stuff comes from big pharma anyways, I take my morning ritalin with my prozac after I rub testosterone ethanate cream on my "Berries". Feels good.

edit on 30-10-2010 by rajaten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I am the same as you. I am "30 something" but easily pass for 20s (get ID'd for liquor all the time). And I rarely get sick.

I take vitamins every day and have since I was 15.

I recently had a physical and the docs said I was in "excellent health".

I credit it all to vitamins, a fairly decent diet, and exercise.

I need my vitamins! If I go without for awhile I begin to feel "run down".

Vitamins are good too for people who cannot always eat healthy.

What about these water drinks that have vitamins? Will they be outlawed too?

I was really peeved when Ephedrine was outlawed. A few athletes - who had underlying serious heart conditions - died - and they yanked it. This stuff works great as an allergy medicine and is much cheaper than pharm allergy meds such as Pseudo Ephedrine.

It really killed me too because - consider people who flip out on "anti depressants" such as Andrea Yates who systematically drowned her children. Did they subsequently yank all anti depressants? NO.

Grrrrrrrrrr. I NEED! my vitamins!

Oh and speaking of booze - ever see the ingredients labeled? No, you don't as US alcohol producers are not required to list ingredients. They fought HARD for that too. For all I know - this Bud Light I'm drinking is made out of cat pee.

Sigh.

What's next on the menu? Soylent Green?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join