It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Use Herbs and Supplements, You've Been Betrayed by Lawmakers. A HIGHLY URGENT Message...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My friends of ATS,

In less than a year, virtually all medicinal herbs will be illegal in the European Union. In their take-no-prisoners strategy to wipe out every penny of competition and gain complete control of the health of the people, Big Pharma and Agribusiness have scored a major win in Europe. Similar, potentially devastating battles are also underway in the U.S.

This is just rediculas, it seems Big Pharma have got there wicked way.

The secret weapon used by drug companies is trade law. According to Gaia Health: "Rather than treating food and traditional medicines as human rights issues, they have been treated as trade issues. That makes the desires of large corporations the focus of food and herbal law, rather than the needs and desires of people. It's this twisting that has resulted in the FDA's making outrageously absurd statements, such as claiming that Cheerios and walnuts quite literally become drugs simply because of health claims made for them."

And its NOT to do with our help, which is never EVER taken into consideration. Its trade, ALWAYS trade for them, always wanting more and more money.

Im sick of this

Scource

Oh but there's more madness,

Big Pharma Scores Big Win: Medicinal Herbs Will Disappear in EU

It's almost a done deal. We are about to see herbal preparations disappear, and the ability of herbalists to prescribe them will also be lost.

Will they REALLY get there own way? Do we even have a say anymore?

Big Pharma has almost reached the finish line of its decades-long battle to wipe out all competition. As of 1 April 2011—less than eight months from now—virtually all medicinal herbs will become illegal in the European Union. The approach in the United States is a bit different, but it's having the same devastating effect. The people have become nothing more than sinks for whatever swill Big Pharma and Agribusiness choose to send our way, and we have no option but to pay whatever rates they want.

Scource

Well my friends, it seems we have lost this battle. First the EU will be effected and then the US.

Shame, flame, and downright discusting behavour on humanity.

I grow some of my own herbs but not all. I think its time to grow a few more.

Thoughts?

Are we done for ATS?

Be safe be well

Spiro

edit on 29-10-2010 by Spiro because: spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My friend,

The article then says >

It's not a done-deal, at least, not quite. If you value your access to herbs, or if you care about access to vitamins and other supplements, please take action. Even if these issues seem meaningless to you, consider the people who do care. Should they be denied the right to the medical treatment and health maintenance of their choice?

So its NOT a done deal, and we should fight against this. What? Have we EVER been listend to? Do they ever take US and our health into consideration? No.

We dont and wont have a say on this.

Shame, a real shame that this is happening.

Grrrr.....with a capitol G

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
S'all about the benjamins I suppose. I've been hearing of this effort for years and it seems it coming to fruition. I think this one deserves some rallying, particularly if the efforts to penalize start happening. Maybe it will be loose legislation instead of tightly enforced. What say you EU?

Peace,
spec

ETA: "not a done deal," I wonder if this is because they know it will not fly upon implementation?
edit on 29-10-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Honestly, I have been worried about this for years. Over the years I have bought several books on homepathic remedies. I started a garden and grow several types of medicinal herbs. Pretty soon only those people with access to land and this knowledge will be able to keep from being slaves to big pharma... Personally I would rather drink some hot willow bark tea than swallow an asprin any day!
edit on 29-10-2010 by GeorgiaMentat because: spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
ETA: "not a done deal," I wonder if this is because they know it will not fly upon implementation?
edit on 29-10-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

I sure hope it doesn't pass, but the Big Pharma and FDA have been known to get there way......splitters

What can we do to rally against this, if anything, but voice our opinions. But will it work? Meh, I really dont know. This has been in the books for them for a few years, seems to me they are getting there way!

Or perhaps this is just fear mongering?

Be safe be well, and thanks

Spiro

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by GeorgiaMentat
Honestly, I have been worried about this for years. Over the years I have bought several books on homepathic remedies. I started a garden and grow several types of medicinal herbs. Pretty soon only those people with access to land and this knowledge will be able to keep from being slaves to big pharma... Personally I would rather drink some hot willow bark tea than swallow an asprin any day!
edit on 29-10-2010 by GeorgiaMentat because: spelling

I couldn't agree with you more. Words right out of my mouth

I think we should all take this great advice, we sure as hell may need it!

Many thanks indeed,

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i'm in the us and i just loaded up on my tinctures and herbs...something told me to and it was the best year yet for cancer and parasite fighting black walnut hull tincture...i put that sheet on everything....he he

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It's all a part of Codex Alimentarius.

It needs to be stopped. It will effect us all.

More about Codex Alimentarius.

edit on 29-10-2010 by StinkFist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by StinkFist
It's all a part of Codex Alimentarius.

It needs to be stopped. It will effect us all.

More about Codex Alimentarius.

edit on 29-10-2010 by StinkFist because: (no reason given)

Many thanks indeed for that

What do you think we can do?

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
i'm in the us and i just loaded up on my tinctures and herbs...something told me to and it was the best year yet for cancer and parasite fighting black walnut hull tincture...i put that sheet on everything....he he

Well done that man

If you have time, please feel free to educate the members of ATS on your knowledge

Many thanks indeed, we need to work together on this!

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StinkFist

I've described that Codex as the "expert system" in place, on part of the WHO and UN directives, which is then met by our regional "expert systems" that link them.

These are, Bill C-6 in Canada;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And Bill S-510 in the States, afforded through the passing of Obamacare.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The scope of it is nightmarish, no fear-mongering required.

edit on 29-10-2010 by Northwarden because: not Bill C-16!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

I don't know what we can do other than stock up on seeds (non genetically modified) and grow plants in a locked greenhouse. Even that might become unlawful. Try to start a network of gardeners with whom you can swap seeds and clones with.

I don't know who you'd petition to in your country though. In our country we can try writing to congressmen, the actual white house etc.

How do you like the term Nutraceutical?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by StinkFist

That is a huge document, can you summarize it

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Won't happen, the big food corporations will fight this. these drug dealers are ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Sure we all knew that was coming. It is the result of big corporations having more and more influence in governments. No surprise. It's not so bad though. One may grow his own.

tt
edit on Sat Oct 30 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hi ..just going to post a link to a new thread and come back later and read yours .....www.abovetopsecret.com...

peace

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Time to grow that herb garden. Wild plants are a good source too. Eventually though, they will outlaw growing or possession of any medicinal herbs. When herbs are outlawed, only outlaws will have herbs. Long live the black market, the only free market enterprise left on earth.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I've already purchased enough inositol-hexanicotinate & ascorbic acid to last 18 months in advance. I repurchase bottles as they are used up, and use the oldest ones by expiration date. As we draw nearer to these bills being passed, I'll just really stock up on various herbs and supplements. We did all know this was eventually going to happen, it's just a tragedy that so few were willing to listen with care.

Remember guys and gals, it's only about greed up to a certain point. This is also about population control on a higher level.

I've been trying to get my brother to change his diet, and take supplements like I do. I'm 28, and look like I'm about 23, and he's 30, and nearly looks like he's 40 years old. White & thinning hairs, dark moles all over his body, sick at least a dozen times a year.

I haven't been sick once since starting on the supplements a few years ago, just a few white hairs that showed up before supplementing, and no progression of moles anytime recently.

I believe we are all infected with U.S. government engineered stealth pathogens like mycoplasma which was sprayed on an unwitting public decades ago.

Pathogenic Mycoplasma

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I currently live in the EU and have not seen any problems with getting herbs and supplements so far. I need a glucosomine and condriten supplement that is often difficult to find so I keep a large supply around. If this does happen I guess I am in big trouble, don't see me making that for myself.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Folks, I don't see how anyone here can't see what's really going on. I'm not talking to you guys in this thread, but the general populace as a whole.

It's clear that our lives equal to nothing more then cattle for the fat cats to get richer off of. Our health and well being means naught. All that matters is that we consume, consume and of course, consume some more. Be it big screen TV's, the latest cellphone from Apple or pharmaceuticals, it doesn't matter. What matters is, is that we spend money we don't have to spend.

The big pharma groups out there don't care what their drugs do to us in the long run. As long as it looks like it's working *right now*, who cares. People will buy it, and in five to ten years (or maybe longer) start showing side effects which lead to a worse state of being which means you have to buy even more big pharma products to try to get back to your "old self".

It's not just big pharma, but the food industry as well. By lining our cans with toxic plastic linings to adding harmful additives to our food...

We're cattle. Our lives mean nothing. If we die, a hundred more cattle will take our place continuing the circle of greed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join