It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fahrenheit 9/11 movie gives ardent republican food for thought

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Thank you Michael Moore for producing a movie that is waking-up the american people that have gone to see it

Newsday reports, that Alan Wilenski a ardent Republican for Bush-Cheney says the movie has given him something to think about and he bought three more tickets for a later showing of the movie, that was showing in Long Island.

Quote from artical;

A sure-footed Republican and self-described "ardent Bush-Cheney supporter," Alan Wilenski found none of his other right-leaning friends and family willing to go along with his Sunday afternoon plans.

But the Alan Wilenski who stepped out of the Farmingdale Multiplex Cinemas yesterday afternoon, after the 12:40 showing of "Fahrenheit 9/11", was a different man.

and Mr. Wilenski made this statement about the movie;

It's really given me pause to think about what's really going on," Wilenski, 50, of Plainview, said. "There was just too much -- too much to discount."

It had also been reported that some movie goers talked of crying from seeing the troops that were hurt, but some others walked out in disgust. One lady even stated that the pandora's box has been opened.

www.newsday.com...

or this link

www.newsday.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
have moved this back to original thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
How is it "food for thought".

You mean a piece of trash, that is dilliberately one-sided and "edited" to imply there are connections, with no actual proof of any type of connection, can be mentally stimulating?

I fail to see how someone who thinks that the Bin Laden family (of which there are literally dozens of siblings from the father, and hundreds of cousins) could in any way have strong relations with one of their half-brothers whom they disowned for disobeying his Mother's orders.

It's like saying because the Nazis killed Jews, that anyone with German heritage is in some big "conspiracy" and that anyone in business with any German should therefore not be re-elected.

Moronic.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
You mean a piece of trash, that is dilliberately one-sided and "edited" to imply there are connections, with no actual proof of any type of connection, can be mentally stimulating?

I fail to see how someone who thinks that the Bin Laden family (of which there are literally dozens of siblings from the father, and hundreds of cousins) could in any way have strong relations with one of their half-brothers whom they disowned for disobeying his Mother's orders.

he definitely implies and insinuates a lot of things, often making connections and conclusions without 'proof', but there is just too much shady # for it all to be one big coincidence, btw this is coming from someone who has never been a fan of moore or his tactics

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Ghost,
I do not know Michael Moore, I've never seen any of his "work" until now and what I seen in that movie, I pretty much knew already by following the news. He showed different "clips" from Bush and the administration ( what they had to say,etc,... ) as proof to what he was claiming, and he placed these "clips" in the slots corresponding to what he and others claimed.
As I said, I follow the news pretty close (I'm politically-active, have been from a very young age), and from everything I know , read, seen on the news,...... Mr. Moore was right on target with everything.

Resident Bush should take lessions in being truthful when it comes to other peoples lives.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
oh, i already knew most of the stuff beforehand, what affected me the most was the graphic war scenes and putting a face on the soldiers and victims of war, there were a few parts i thought were ridiculous though, i.e. the footage of prewar baghdad

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost111797
there were a few parts i thought were ridiculous though, i.e. the footage of prewar baghdad

That, I will agree on with you. I think he was trying to give us a glimps of the before and after, but all in all, he did a really good job of putting it all out there for the world to see

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
How is it "food for thought".

It's like saying because the Nazis killed Jews, that anyone with German heritage is in some big "conspiracy" and that anyone in business with any German should therefore not be re-elected.

Moronic.

Have you seen the movie?

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose

Have you seen the movie?

goose, of course freemason hasn't seen the movie. He's one of those people that think they know everything about the F9/11 movie but has never seen it. People like freemason has a right to voice their opionion, even when it's the wrong opionion, they actually do not know what their talking about ( when it comes to that movie) until they've actually seen it and if they don't want to spend a little money to see F9/11, which is worthwhile, then all a person can do is either ignore the person or take what they say with as a small grain of salt.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
How is paranoia, half truths and conjecture food for thought?

" He sat for SEVEN MINUTES in that class room..."

" He flew the Bin Ladin family out while all planes were grounded..."

Jiminy Christmas, even Richard clark said most of this movie is patently false.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
A piece of advice I give to anyone who's seen the movie.

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! The information and the truth is out there.

Moore just gives you a few pieces of the puzzle. You have to look for the rest yourself.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
How is paranoia, half truths and conjecture food for thought?

" He sat for SEVEN MINUTES in that class room..."

Are you suggesting that was false?
View the video, the large one starts just as he is being told.
It continues for over 5 minutes, at which point he is still seated.
www.whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ace,
What is your recommendation for Bush to have behaved in that situation?

1. Stand up and say "We are under attack, I am going to save the world."
2. Flail his arms.
3. Run out with a panicked look on his face.

Anything else but that reaction would have made people like Moore and YOU say, " Look he can't handle a pressure situation."

Too much is being made of that friggin seven minutes. Let it go.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Ace,
What is your recommendation for Bush to have behaved in that situation?

He sould have excused himself from the class and then got in contact with other members of the Whitehouse like the Secretary of Defense and the National Security Adviser. He could then discuss the situation with them and find out what is going on and what is being done about it.

Mayor Giuliani handled himself much better that day than Bush did.

[edit on 3-7-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Ace,
What is your recommendation for Bush to have behaved in that situatio

Ace is correct, Bush should have excused his self from the class and handled bussiness, instead of sitting there like a ninny, Bush did not even looked surprised, when he was told,.... any fool can see that much from the exspression on Bush's face ,
If it had been me in his place ,I sure wouldn't have just sat there like a lump-on-a-log chewing the inside of my lip/cheek, and allow/help the BinLaden family leave the U.S.,.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Jiminy Christmas, even Richard clark said most of this movie is patently false.

do you have a link for this? or are you just assuming that since richard clarke said that the flight authorization went no higher than him that he means the whole movie is false?

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
Ace is correct, Bush should have excused his self from the class and handled bussiness, instead of sitting there like a ninny, Bush did not even looked surprised, when he was told,.... any fool can see that much from the exspression on Bush's face

So he should have just jumped up frightened the children and tried to delay showing something was wrong even when the calbe news networks were already plastering images of the towers in flames.

Every time you give an opinion it sounds like your trying to make it sound like a fact.

Are you an expert at reading body language?

Are you an expert at crisis management?

No your probably just closer to being the ninny you accuse others of being.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Agent 47

I refuse to allow you to upset me in any manner
. I do not have to resort to calling you names, as you seem to do when it comes to me. It's to bad that your immaturity shows when you attack me on different threads.

Back to subject;

when Mr. Bush was shown in the class room being told about the attack, he did not look surprised, he looked distraught, but still not surprised, and yes, Mr. Bush should have excused his self from the class room instead of just sitting there. He could have left and let the teacher's give some sort of reason, that the children would of understood , that would not have disrupted the class room.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I must say nanna has a point, I don't thing she's trying to say bush needed to jump up and scare a bunch of kids acting a fool, althogh bush is good at both. What I think she is saying is that bush could have stood up and explained to the children he was sorry but he had work to do and offered the children a rain check. When a man takes a job, he inherits responsiibilty and I don't beleive he handled it very responsibly. Note the root word response, I did'nt see it from Mr. bush.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6

Originally posted by Ghost111797
there were a few parts i thought were ridiculous though, i.e. the footage of prewar baghdad

That, I will agree on with you. I think he was trying to give us a glimps of the before and after, but all in all, he did a really good job of putting it all out there for the world to see

Actually Moore DID NOT show pre-war and post-war Iraq at all. Prewar Iraq should have shown that only parts of Baghdad actually had electricity that they could count on, and only because they paid off Saddam. The rest of the country had sparse electricity, or non at all, because it all went to those who paid Saddam. PreWar footage should have shown children going hungry because Saddam stole the $$ for food and postwar should show children who were previously starving and dieing now getting proper food and medicine. PreWar footage should have shown schools and schoolyards being used by the Iraqi military as ammo dumps while the kids were still in class - post war footage should show those same schools without any of the deadly weapons. Post war should also show the new schools that we built and the old ones that have been cleaned up.

Iraq is infinately better off now than when it had Saddam. INFINATELY. Moores propaganda definately didn't show the truth of this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join