It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fahrenheit 9/11 movie gives ardent republican food for thought

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Actually Moore DID NOT show pre-war and post-war Iraq at all. Prewar Iraq should have shown that only parts of Baghdad actually had electricity that they could count on, and only because they paid off Saddam. The rest of the country had sparse electricity, or non at all, because it all went to those who paid Saddam. PreWar footage should have shown children going hungry because Saddam stole the $$ for food and postwar should show children who were previously starving and dieing now getting proper food and medicine. PreWar footage should have shown schools and schoolyards being used by the Iraqi military as ammo dumps while the kids were still in class - post war footage should show those same schools without any of the deadly weapons. Post war should also show the new schools that we built and the old ones that have been cleaned up.

Iraq is infinately better off now than when it had Saddam. INFINATELY. Moores propaganda definately didn't show the truth of this.

i wouldn't go that far, you seem a little too idealistic about what the U.S. has done in iraq, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT MOORE SHOWS BECAUSE YOU HAVEN"T SEEN THE MOVIE, but yes the prewar footage was terrible, its the only part of the movie that goes into BFC territory, btw, i didn't like moore either before i saw this movie, but there just aren't nearly as many holes as in his past films

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
FliersFan,

Please give "links" to everything you just posted, to back-up all that you had said, ie; What it was like before and after the war.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I've seen the movie a few days ago. The part when G. W. Bush was sitting there in that classroom, he looks like he doesn't know what to do, or that he was expecting it. If he is supposed to be protected fully by terrorists or an enemy, I'd imagine that they would've pushed him out of that classroom quickly and get him to a safe place, much the way they do when gun shots are heard near the President.

I think on the movie they said that it was whispered into his ear that 'America is under attack'. Maybe they didn't whisper that America was under attack, they probably said, "Sir, the first plane has hit, etc."

I didn't know Michael Moore either before this Documentary, but this is probably going to be his defining film.

They knew the terrorists were going to strike but G. W. Bush ignored all the intelligence.

Anyway, I enjoyed it.

<< 1   >>

join