It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on the Daily Show?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I just watched it.

I would like to see at least thirteen more years of Obama in the Whitehouse.
Either through amendment or taking turns with his wife as first spouse.
This is not something one should just be able to walk away from,
stay and get all the hard work done done.
This is what I want.

David Grouchy

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I see your point.

There were more than I was aware of.

I guess since I qualified for none of these, and had to pay in for the first time in 12 years, I have a bias against "tax credits."

Kudos to those who remodeled their homes, bought electric cars with no where to plug them in, bound themselves to 15/30 year loans on new homes, and bred more than they could afford to support. It's been a privilege being financially responsible so that they might benefit.

You're so right though! I rescind my "opinions" about tax credits! I'm off to make 20 kids so that I can get more out of the system than I put in instead of paying in 60% of my earnings like I have been doing! Surely that 60% will cover the kids and if it doesn't, hey I'll just sign up for social programs until it does. Thank you for showing me the err of my ways and making me a good citizen!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

nothing like taking a topic off post anyhow thanks for the post op
love the obamanots just like clock work everytime

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I thought it was pretty well done, and Stewart certainly didn't let him off the hook too easy as some people expected.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I read about how he was going to appear on The Daily Show, the other day. I believe it all has something to do with this little list that AskMen.com just put out. Take a nice look at who is #1 and who is #21. I believe this is a very well planned out publicity thing. Just my opinion though ^_^.

www.askmen.com...
edit on 28-10-2010 by angrymomma because: To add something else.

edit on 28-10-2010 by angrymomma because: horrible word placement/misspelling

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Obviously you aren't American.... If you where you'd know that cowboys are not in the south.... They are in the west.... The north west (most of em) actually.......

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

cowboys are not in the south....

Don't tell any Texans that, especially those living around Dallas!

I enjoyed the interview and thought Stewart held the pres' feet to the fire. I was a little disappointed in what the pres had to say and felt it was mostly rhetoric. I was also reminded of the fact that no matter what a pres has in mind, implementing it can be a whole nother story. I think Stewart asked the questions many opponents of Obama wanted to know. "I don't want to lump you in with all the other pres'," awesome response!

peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by Zoodie

If you don't mind me asking, what colour is the man on that sign? You're not helping.

Jesus christ

Are you black ?

why does everything have to be about race ?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

The worse part of that show last night was the amount of "dudes" and overall comfort that Stewart had with Obama. I have always been a fan of Obama's style. I don't like his politics so far, but I still like the man. I also typically like Stewarts humor, although again I disagree with his agenda.

Last night was a FAIL on both parties! A president should not be chumming around like this. It was a little too "personal" and "comfortable." If somebody did not know who the two people were, they would never have guessed that one is the most powerful man in the world and the other is a comedian with a cable show.

Huge disappointment for me.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I would probably pay $$ to see a Stewart vs Beck discussion death match

And I think it's pretty cool Stewart gets a chance to interview people like that. Due to him being a comedian (even if he fact checks his stuff compared to a lot of other pundits) he can ask a lot of questions that are too "sensitive" for the main stream media.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

I hope your joking so I'm going to joke and accuse you of being a democrat, It's common knowledge if you dont agree with a democrat your instantly dubbed as ignorant or a racist or both. whats up with that?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

He hasnt done any hardwork yet so make that 31 years for King Barrack.
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

If I was president and it took a bunch of whiny republicans ages to pass anything worth putting into legislation, I'd be pissed as well. They fight everything the democrats bring to the table, regardless of what it would accomplish. If I was in the white house I would tell them to # off on live television and expose what they are doing for what it really is. Let the guy finish his first term before damning him as a failure. You don't need to like him at all, but don't hinder the democratic process.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well when your ratings are down so much as Obama making yourself a laughing stock to 18 19 teens and young adults could give you a few extra votes in this voting cycle coming up for the DEMS which I think this was to boost a little support before this tuesday. Anything Obama does right now as far as publicity i think would be a good thing for him. The interview was nothing more then a few skin tight jokes with a nappy agenda.
edit on 28-10-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

Luckily, even Obama was smart enough to acknowledge that the Democrats successfully used the Filibuster during the Bush years, and that "party politics" is the major problem in Washington!

Sure right now Republicans are blocking everything Obama does, next election it will be opposite, this is the only decent thing that works in DC. Politicians consistently make things worse for the common person, so I am a big fan of doing everything possible to stop new legislation in its entirety. As soon as politicians get busy repealing a bunch of ridiculous laws and streamlining the processes, and as Stewart put it, "making government 'nimble' enough to keep up with the changing times," then it will be interesting to see if people so readily accept filibusters.

For now, anything that stops the progress of an overbearing government is a good thing, even if it comes as part of the evil that is party politics.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
I just watched it.

This is what I want.

David Grouchy

Are you on the sauce? He has sent the country into a political, and economical death spiral in just two years, Think what kind of damage he could cause in 13? 13 is also a unlucky number I might add... What Fantastic thing has he done, he did not save the economy, He hasn't done anything. Obama is the least qualified person in America... with his IQ and education, he should be working at Starbuck's and acting snotty to me, when I get my coffee in the morning. Obama should not be president.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Target Earth
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

what do you want my wife and my tax stubs? from the previous years... I really don't even pay attention to it, but my wife complains so you would have to talk to her she handles all our money... She is a Lawyer, and I am a Pipe Fitter..... So we do OK, but we don't make that much to justify our taxes going up that much from last year...

So what you are saying is that you have no proof?

I am not surprised at all. If you paid more taxes this past year than you have previously and you didn't make more money...you are doing something wrong.

I could care less how much money you or your wife makes...doesn't mean you still aren't clueless.

Yes, your right we are both clueless... I was educated in public schools... and work in the trades... So I have no Idea what I'm doing half the time... but with enough arrogance ( I mean self esteem) and enough left wing propaganda ( I mean education) I think I could be a spineless Liberal in, no time flat.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
I just watched it.

This is what I want.

David Grouchy

Are you on the sauce? He has sent the country into a political, and economical death spiral in just two years, Think what kind of damage he could cause in 13? 13 is also a unlucky number I might add... What Fantastic thing has he done, he did not save the economy, He hasn't done anything. Obama is the least qualified person in America... with his IQ and education, he should be working at Starbuck's and acting snotty to me, when I get my coffee in the morning. Obama should not be president.

Actually, it was Bush who killed the country economically...and economic metrics have gotten better since Obama's in power. I'm not saying it's perfect, because clearly it isn't, but claiming Obama ruined the country's economy is beyond dishonest. You can criticize him for not doing enough to fix things, but claiming he's responsible for the economic meltdown just shows how brainwashed you are.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

it may be true, that it started under Bush's watch, but it was mainly Democratic policy that really got us into this mess... I live in Illinois we are bankrupt, because of the liberal criminal Democrats who have spent this state into a black hole. Illinois has turned into a welfare state... The Democrats are the one's who have lead us off the cliff, my friend

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

So you're saying this junk he's not only proposing to the American people, but ramming it down their throats when poll after poll of public opinion show that a clear majority DO NOT WANT THIS is a good thing and we should forget about the democratic progress - which only works when you have people (in this case republicans) stand up and say no because it is the right thing to do? Stop with the party debates. If it were completely reversed and the democrats had fussed and fought tooth and nail trying to stop HCR I'd be applauding them right now.

You sound just like O... "(not actual quote) I have to convince too many people that my ideas are good. I know they are good. C'mon guys just let me do it."

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join