It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on the Daily Show?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

could you please stop calling everybody racist... it's straight out of the liberal play book, and it has gotten a little played out...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Target Earth

I just wish he would start acting like a leader

Could you give us a list of valid leadership activities that you approve of?

I don't think anything Obama does will ever seem "presidential" to you or the other Obama haters...but hey...I bet you like the tax credits he gave ya...right? OH that's right...you have no idea he gave you tax credits...cause Fox News didn't tell you that.

He didn't give out tax credits to help anyone, he gave them out hoping people would CONSUME more to keep the failing economy kicked down the road a bit further. The tax credits were for buying new crap. Windows, appliances, ect. If he really wanted to "help" people he would have just did a huge across the board "extra tax refund." But that would be bad for his goal, because people might actually hold on to THAT!! Can't have people holding on to their money! They have to turn around and give it right back to the system. It doesn't matter how much equity people/businesses have, as long as there is a continual flow through them they're doing great.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

I wouldn't have a problem if he said just a "majority in consensus." The problem I have is that he didn't say that. It's a key phrase to leave out and one done intentionally IMO.

I'm not an Obama hater, I get tired of that being thrown around. I don't hate anyone, but I do so loath ideas and agendas that are detrimental to common sense and society.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No I haven't noticed tax credits... but I have notice my taxes have gone up quite a bit, now that you have mentioned it. but thats OK somebody has to pay for your tax credits...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

He didn't give out tax credits to help anyone, he gave them out hoping people would CONSUME more to keep the failing economy kicked down the road a bit further.

Well I'm so glad we have you here to tell us what Obama is REALLY thinking. It must be nice to be able to read minds.

I mean...we have Fox News to usually tell us what Obama is really thinking or what his secret evil plans are...but to have you here right on ATS...that is just great.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
So Obama is now on the Daily Show, does this not seem a tad bit non-presidential to anyone else?

President Bush appeared on Dr. Phil in 2004

In 2004, Bush appeared on daytime talk show Dr. Phil. In 2004, President Bush and his wife appeared on Phil McGraw's daytime talk show, Dr. Phil. The Washington Post reported on September 29, 2004, that "[w]ith 'Family First' the title of McGraw's most recent book, he has promised both candidates the questions would be limited to family-oriented topics" and noted that the segment would air during the afternoon hours.

Mediamatters

He's not the first.
Won't be the last.

Nor is it really surprising.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

No I haven't noticed tax credits... but I have notice my taxes have gone up quite a bit, now that you have mentioned it. but thats OK somebody has to pay for your tax credits...

Would you like to show me a source that shows taxes have been raised at all under Obama??

I'll wait...but please come and admit that you are wrong when you can't find anything within 10 minutes...I don't want to wait all night.

AND...I'm still waiting for your list of aproved "leadership" activities.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So now there are are standards for how the President is to appear on television?

He can do 20/20 but not the Daily Show?

I would say that the Daily does a better job of reporting the news and actual issues than any of the MSM does.

First we rag on him for doing a PSA on MythBusters, and now the Daily show. Is there really anything he can do that isn't going to make people angry or that will not draw criticism?

There's not liking your President because of his policies and such, but this is just becoming sad. It's akin to the last years of the Bush Presidency.

Really folks, there are far more pressing issues than who is interviewing the President next week.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Looking forward to this tonight.

7:20pm ABC2

tis 1:57pm currently, I will post tomz about my impressions.

i iz subscribed

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

what do you want my wife and my tax stubs? from the previous years... I really don't even pay attention to it, but my wife complains so you would have to talk to her she handles all our money... She is a Lawyer, and I am a Pipe Fitter..... So we do OK, but we don't make that much to justify our taxes going up that much from last year...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
What is not presidential? You go where your voters are.

Yes, that seems kind of obvious.
I don't understand the shock and awe.

These are politicians people. They aren't the Royal Family.

They need votes to stay in office, and they need face-time with the people.

So its Obama on "The Daily Show"...

Bush on "Dr. Phil"...

Nixon on "Laugh In"...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07b6394cdc6a.gif[/atsimg]

No need for drama here.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

It's called being informed and critical thinking skills. I don't watch Fox. I don't watch MSNBC. I found out a long time ago that anything a politician leaves out of a conversation is done on purpose and not done simply by chance. He brought it up twice. If it were so big a problem in his opinion, then why didn't he say how he thought things should be? It's because he wants the ability to bypass congress altogether. He's shown a propensity for that idea so far. He is unwilling to compromise. Anyone with any sense can see that. Since he's been elected he's been constantly moving farther left. It's his unwillingness to compromise that is WHY the 60 vote and filibusters have given him so much trouble. On HCR he could have conceded one or two points and gotten the votes he needed. Instead of doing that, he used reconciliation to get it through. What part of "not willing to compromise" does that disprove?

Also can you tell me ONE benefit that suffering Americans in financial instability gained by being able to replace their windows with Energy Star ones? How many of those could at the time have afforded to spend the $120 a window to wait a year to get reimbursed? Those too poor to benefit from the tax credited items ended up paying for those who could. How is that helpful? It's like saying "free $1million dollar mansion but only if you purchase it and hold onto it for 6 months."

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

they sure act like the royal family, while the rest of the country suffers, they live like royalty....
we pay for their vacations and shopping, and tv spots...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Reagan was an actor beforehand. If any politician came from celebrity status before hand, then I understand them keeping to that. At least going in, you know what you're getting. It's a travesty wanting a politician and getting a celebrity wanna be instead.

Bush on Dr. Phil. What can I say. He needed therapy anywhere he could get it. Can't blame they guy who booked his appearances to drop the subtle hint to that fact. And really, if you have to start rationalizing anything Obama does by comparing him to Bush you're in trouble anyways.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I have a question for all the Obama backers?

How many times in the last two years has Obama actually sat down with someone or in a press conference, answered questions?

Then ask yourself, how many times Obama has sat down with TV personalities and been thrown softballs?

Hey, I hear TOTUS is going to make an appearance for the FIRST TIME ever in the Indian parliament. Hey, another first for the TOTUS. The TOTUS must be so proud. Almost as proud as the TOTUS was for winning the Nobel Peace Prize for being the best TOTUS ever.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

exactly! obama is a statist. that doesn't mean he'll never "cut" a tax or offer "credits." he'll do any of these things as long as it gives him some form of control over what you buy or how you live. wanna new gov-approved car? here's a tax credit. wanna keep your old car and be financially responsible? out of luck. the message is the same as raising taxes: that money is the governments and we control it for your benefit.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

what do you want my wife and my tax stubs? from the previous years... I really don't even pay attention to it, but my wife complains so you would have to talk to her she handles all our money... She is a Lawyer, and I am a Pipe Fitter..... So we do OK, but we don't make that much to justify our taxes going up that much from last year...

So what you are saying is that you have no proof?

I am not surprised at all. If you paid more taxes this past year than you have previously and you didn't make more money...you are doing something wrong.

I could care less how much money you or your wife makes...doesn't mean you still aren't clueless.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

It's called being informed and critical thinking skills.

It doesn't seem like you are informed at all...which may be hindering your critical thinking skills.

Nice rant...but without proof or solid information...that is all it is...a rant.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Hey, it's not a rant, it's an opinion. If I claimed it as "fact" I would have provided a link. I'm simply forming the most logical conclusion given all the "facts" that are presented.

I'll rescind my "opinion" if you can tell me how the tax credits helped anyone not needing/able to/wanting new windows, appliances, or a new car loan payment for their old clunker.

Honestly, I don't see how you can think that tax credits is nothing more than fabricating monetary flow through accounting books so the reality of the situation is lost. Tax credits do nothing but create pseudo demand for selective products. It's the economic equivalent of hiring/firing census workers then touting that the employment numbers are good. If 2 million people get hired, and 2 million people get fired, the situation stays the same. It just gives some bureaucrat fake numbers to feed to the masses.
edit on 28-10-2010 by PayMeh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Well there was the Making Work Pay tax credit, increased Earned Income Tax Credit, the extended child tax credits, and increased education tax credit.

Those are only the top 4

If you want to see a list of TWENTY FIVE Tax cuts/credits...go here.

www.politifact.com...

So you can rescind you "opinion" at any time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join