It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on the Daily Show?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
reply to post by MrXYZ

it may be true, that it started under Bush's watch, but it was mainly Democratic policy that really got us into this mess... I live in Illinois we are bankrupt, because of the liberal criminal Democrats who have spent this state into a black hole. Illinois has turned into a welfare state... The Democrats are the one's who have lead us off the cliff, my friend

Well, the fact remains, all major economic indicator say it got better since he took over. If it's not better than it was under Bush, it's clearly not possible that the "Dems" got us into this mess. I hope you see why it's impossible given the timeline of events and corresponding economic indicators.

And we certainly drove off the cliff while still being under Bush (who btw started the whole bailout policies) and not afterwards given that it's gotten better (better, not good!!).

In the end it doesn't matter because corporations are governing the US (and have been for years). And all they care about is money, definitely not citizens. Who allows offshore companies to circumvent US taxes...who voted against a new law that makes sure they pay their fair share? Yeah, the GOP. Who deregulated the finance industry to the point that they were able to screw us all? I give you a clue, it wasn't Obama.

You can criticize Obama for a lot of things. The financial reform is a joke (I have friends at Goldman laughing their asses off), but that's not entirely his mistake. Not like he's facing no opposition. So yeah, he could have done more, and it's our right to citicize him for it. But if you seriously believe he's responsible for this collapse, you better open an economic textbook and start studying because you are WRONG.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Man I am actually more sick of Jon Stewart them I am of Obama.
Yey another appearance by Obama on another tv show filled with a large percentage of supporters!
If Obama wants to really take a stand why doesn't he go and face his arch-nemesis Fox news? What does showing up on these friendly shows really accomplish?
As for the repeated statements about Bush going on Dr. Phil, that was 1 show in eight years. Obama has tripled it in less than 2.
Oh and why do so many of you blame the Republicans for deregulating Wall Street? If I recall that was a bi-partisan effort.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Nothing is better. I repeat. Nothing has gotten better. It's all been manipulated, have you been hiding under a rock? Unemployment went down when they fraudulently hired/fired people over and over. Just so people, as you have done, can spread this info around and keep the infighting going. I could create statistics that only use my gross income as it's numbers not taking into account my spending. According to that I'm a millionaire.
On a graph the line would continue to go up. Am I supposed to assume that's a good indicator as to my actual wealth?

Please, for your own sake, dig a bit deeper. The statistics you see only show the flow of money in the economy. It doesn't show the actual value. It just shows the fact that it's been passed around more than Courtney Love.

Unemployment by their numbers is ~9% That's only those who apply for the benefit. The actual number is probably double that plus a few percent for those who have taken part time work and drastic pay cuts.

I'm not a democrat basher. I wanted Obama. The idea of McCain not making it through the term and Palin taking over was just toooooo much. What I did not want was someone who believed it was his destiny to mold the country into something from his own image. He wants so desperately to leave a lasting mark on the country that he's trying to do way too much. Even if he were doing great things this would be true. He has not made it a point to hide his agenda, and nothing that he's proposed and rammed through so far will benefit anyone but those milking the system. It is and will continue to become a country where the less you put into the system, the more you get out of it. Standardizing life does not make anyone want to strive.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Hey I live in Calgary, we have cowboys out here too. But what is "south" then if I am north of Texas and see lots of cowboys? Oh, they must be Inuit Cowboys. Lol. ANd PayMeh, I applaud your civility in dealing with rude asserting comments by the likes of you know who on this thread. Seriously, I think that person can squeeze racism from the most innocent of situations. I'm non white, and I see racism al over, but come on, dont dereail the thread about racism and then even go so far as to say the person wanta to kill Obama, lol. ATS has alot of 'noise' in it lately.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

So Obama is now on the Daily Show, does this not seem a tad bit non-presidential to anyone else?

Oh, it's just so unseemly! So... common! How dare he mingle with the lower life forms!

First, his critics are saying he's "elite" and then they're complaining because he's non-presidential!

Make up your mind!

I thought his appearance on TDS was fantastic! What's wrong with a president appearing on a TV show? He's done a lot of "firsts". Why not this?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

LOL!

You are right! I enjoyed the "performance" as well, but I did think it was "un-presidential."

I don't think I have ever called him an "elite." xcrosses fingersx

I am pretty sure I have always criticized his apology tour. I didn't criticize his bows, because I felt it was appropriate, but I have been sorely disappointed that he is willing to bow, but not willing to give up the "crotch salute" that still plagues him.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
If he says one more thing about filibusters and needing 60 votes and them not being in the constitution and wanting to change that process because they're not doing what he wants them to, I'm going to go ballistic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He mentioned it twice during the interview. As if that were the problem. So Mr. President. If you don't want 60 votes to get something done, how many do you want? 1? 2? How about none and we just take your word that you don't have an agenda and that all you care about is the American People. Yeah right. I've seen better salesmanship in a used car lot.

There's a difference in saying "I have an idea that I want to see if we can all agree on" and going in and saying "you're not going to like this, but I do so it's going to happen".... It's called TYRANNY.
edit on 27-10-2010 by PayMeh because: to add...

PayMeh, What Obama wants it to be the Soul Ruler of America, that way his decision is Law. Why have all those Pesky Congressmen and Senators running around questioning him? That's Not Right, Don't they know, Obama is smarter that all of us put together! There should be no-one in the middle between Obama and the Little People, who know, us,,,, the Gun totting, Gun Loving Americans the Unwashed Masses, We require his wisdom to lead us, The United Nanny States of America, Here is your King and Queen, Please Bow!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/286b311f697c.jpg[/atsimg]

So,, Now that Obama as been on the Daily Show, When is he going to be on The Myth Busters? I heard from an Obamanit, He was going to make an appearance for his subjects on the myth busters.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87ba5abdc430.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 28-10-2010 by guohua because: Spelling check

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

i cant let this slide i just cant do it

Well, the fact remains, all major economic indicator say it got better since he took over. If it's not better than it was under Bush, it's clearly not possible that the "Dems" got us into this mess. I hope you see why it's impossible given the timeline of events and corresponding economic indicators.

the democrats have been in power since 2006 they are the ones who signed the checks to the bailouts and decades of their regulations and policies led us into this mess fanny and freddy the housing bubble did compounded by the manipulation of the us dollar done by the federal reserve.

this is right but its a half truth the only corporation that is currently dominating this country is again the federal reserve the product of the left wing march toward fascism. whoever controls the dollar its manipulation of rates and so on and so forth they define the wealth in this country..

i am criticizing obama and the left and it wasnt george bush or the republicans who instigated the "Crisis" or manufactured and "hyped" up a economic "crisis" in order to create more governmental control over the complete financial system in america.

obama and the left have done far more harm that people will ever realize and its just blind partisan bickering that leads us to nowhere.

i am begging you and everyone to think about the decades of what has transpired in this country from taxes,regulations,unions and the department of education and think what are the real root causes of the problems of this country.

everyone should agree that the problems of america isnt do to the people themselves they are a result of the government cant end its manipulation of business and people in this country.

in short the government is not the solution is has been and always will be part of the problem.
edit on 28-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

So Obama is now on the Daily Show, does this not seem a tad bit non-presidential to anyone else?

Oh, it's just so unseemly! So... common! How dare he mingle with the lower life forms!

First, his critics are saying he's "elite" and then they're complaining because he's non-presidential!

Make up your mind!

I thought his appearance on TDS was fantastic! What's wrong with a president appearing on a TV show? He's done a lot of "firsts". Why not this?

In no way, shape or form do I consider Obama "Elite" in fact in his circle he would be a dime a dozen.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I thought this was a good news snip, on the Obama/ John Stewart thing

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I watched the entire interview last night and I was very impressed with both Obama and Stewart. They both made complete sense and Stewart was HILARIOUS. He really challenged Obama and I thought he did a great job. Stewart is not afraid to ask a few tough questions. Obama was taken aback a couple times. I wish we could see more of this kind in interaction with sitting presidents more often!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join