It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Appointments

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Equal rights yall! Sexual orientation shouldn’t mean a thing. There human beings just like you or me and should be treated so. I can’t believe in this day and age this is still even an issue.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Doesn't anyone think it's a bit convenient that this article comes out one week before the November elections?

There's nothing wrong with someone being "Gay". Does it really bother your daily activities? Most likely not. If it really does, then you're putting too much thought into it. Stop obsessing about what homosexuals do on their own time. It's none of your business to begin with. They are genuine people, just like everyone else. If a gay couple wants to adopt a child, then good for them and the child. On any given day there is roughly 100,000 children up for adoption in the United States. About 1.5 million homeless children each year go to sleep without a home,education, doctor to go to, food in their stomaches, and develope worries that only adults should endure. So, if you really have a problem with gay couples adopting a child then why won't more hederosexual couples do so? Nobody is jumping out of their chair to save a life. Yet they have the courage to stand up so quickly and display prejudice with malice.

There is also no such thing as a Gay Agenda. Really, come on now people. Don't we have anything better to do with our time? Homosexuals don't go out recruiting more members for their cause. They don't even have a cause. Who came up with the phrase "Gay Agenda"? Think about how many instances there have been where gay people have really asked for much. Is it so wrong that they want human rights just as we all do ? Take the blindfold off from your eyes and look at the world around you. Then ask yourself how much bigotry you have contributed to it.
edit on 10/27/2010 by DArchitect because: redirected statement toward the topic more.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by oliveoil

What is "The Gay Agenda"???

Please give specific details.

Destroying the family tradition values
-Having a normal family.
-getting married with a wife
-getting your our own kids by making your wife pregnant
-seeing your family happiness rise like the sun
-seeing your kids grow up

-If your gay where will your dreams, ambitions, future go to?

edit on 28-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Following your logic i destroy the family tradition values if:

- i adopt a child and do not have an own child
- my wife gets fertilized through in vitro/other because i might have "dead soldiers" (from i.e. cancer down there, or or or)

What is a "normal family"? 3 kids, a house a dog and cabel tv?

Where will the dreams, ambitions, future of infertile women/men go? Of couples who don't want to have kids?

Who defined those standarts? Some not sooo long ago some people said you destroyed said family values by marrying an afro american men to a white women...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

there not trying to destroy your family values! so why you haten on theres?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Time to stop gay-bashing.

If the Obama government boasts about hiring gays, shame on them.

You hire the people most fitted to the post.

When did you ever go to a job interview where they said "What is your sexual orientation"? Never.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with gays, it has to do with whoever is right for the job.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Destroying the family tradition values
-Having a normal family.

-If your gay where will your dreams, ambitions, future go to?

edit on 28-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Lol. Are you implying that gay people don't have dreams, ambitions or a future?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Ok, I am an avid reader of ATS, love this site so much, its my favorite with morning coffee. I have noticed recently a lot of posts about Homosexuality and the 'Gay Agenda'. Why are we discussing this here on ATS, not to sure but I feel the need to respond because I am a lesbian. Let me first say, or declare rather, I have NO agenda. All I want is to be equal, with the same rights as everyone else. I want my life partner (soon to be wife, I live in Spain so its legal here..imagine that!) to be taken care of if something happens to me, to be taken care of with my benefits, which includes hospital visits, meds ect. I want to live my life in piece and enjoy the SHORT time I have here on this earth.

Someone wrote: that straight people don't have an agenda...not true. Some do. The right wing 'Straight' Christians have an agenda...which is having us disappear off the planet.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
Look , My opinion really doesnt matter does it?. What I am saying is that our Pres feels like He should appoint more Gays!! Gay peoples only sexual agenda is the same sex. they will try to ,every chance the get to push their views regarding there outlook and their values. Does anyone here agree with me?Not that their values are bad, but homosexualism leads to the break down of life.I feel that the pres knows this and is administering population control. pretty sneaky right?
edit on 27-10-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

No, I don't agree with you. Homosexuality has been around since the dawn of man, yet today we have over 6 billion people on the planet...I think it's safe to say that being homosexual does not equal to "the break down of life".
Plus, if I were to belive the population control idea, I think there are more effective ways to go about it don't you?

How can you say you don't have a problem with gay people then post some of the things you have? It appears to me that you do seem to have a problem with them. They aren't "pushing" anything. All they want is the same rights and recognition as heterosexuals have in the eyes of the law. They are not trying to turn people gay. Just because they happen to be attracted to the same sex does not mean they don't have the same values and morals as everyone else. They are not all sex crazed hooligans out looking for their next sexual encounter.

As far as employing gay people why does it matter to people if someone is straight or gay? I don't get it. My boss at work is gay, it doesn't affect his job performance. He's not pushing his sexuality on any of our staff. It doesn't and should never matter what someones sexual prefrence is as long as they can do thier job properly.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I think you might find that a gay couple might want to have a family, might want to adopt and help children who have been left without a home rather than to just reproduce and spread their seed. You might even find that some Gay couples hold family values very closely to their hearts and you might even find that some of the gay people are the most loving and caring people on this planet!

Just because a person is gay and is in a relationship with a same sex person means that there will be a wide representative of different types of personalities and opinions within a group of gay people. As for a gay agenda, well I think your living in fear and thats something you must come to terms with. Its been generations that gay people have had to suppress their love. Hide their feelings for another human being who consents. A gay person can be many things, just like a straight person can be many things, Its just that a gay person can see love within another person who is of the same sex, irrespective of what society, or more so religion preaches and does so in the name of god but really its using the name in replace of FEAR.

Obama appointing more gay people is a good thing, maybe more gay people are getting interested in politics just like there are lots of gay people in television. Just dont fear gay people for loving another consenting adult who is of the same sex. People are people, strip down the constraints of religion, strip away sexuality, gender, opinion, society, constraints, we are all human beings, that is the most important thing we all must remember. We stereotype so much, we find difference in each other, I dare any of you out there with a good heart, who has issues with gay people, go and find your similarities, share them for the good of this world. We are HUMAN BEINGS, we should not be people who look for fear in those who are different to us, when they are HUMANS and have loving hearts.

Your life will not change, you can still live happily ever after in a male/female relationship and have a family that is in a loving environment, its just that your next door neighbour might be doing exactly the same thing but both parents will be of the same sex.

Its not the sexuality of a person you fear its the change in society, and if all people are in touch with their hearts, know how to look after this planet and care for its people and animals then it doesnt matter if they are gay or straight! The only thing that will destroy a society is fear, is war, are people who seek to push their ways onto others by their religion to control and suppress the right of free will on this planet, and of course those people who are not in touch with their hearts, who seeks to shame others, who murder, who do not share, who do not give without wanting, who would rather make money than help a starving child, who think profit is more important that the individuals needs. MONEY is killing our lives, not gay people!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sonia74

Very true! Then maybe it is the agenda of Gay people to stop these outlandish beliefs that some people have through religion though not having the understanding that is needed to see that it really doesnt matter if your gay or straight.

Sometimes I think its the governments along with religion that have had it their agenda to keep society preoccupied with subjects like this, keep us fighting eachother, so they can get away with their own agenda, of control, of making money,and the continuation of repressing the human races potential in becoming spiritual human beings that share love and live in peace with one another!

We all need to wake up and see this!

Peace and love to all. We are Human beings, if you have love in your heart and do not hurt another human being or any being, then you live a life that can be respected and honoured. Live in Love.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

When will you people realize that moral decay can come from just about anything?

I'm getting tired of these posts that go "Oh, I don't hate _____ but I still think they'll lead to moral decay/they're immoral/it's wrong/etc, etc."

Stop hiding YOUR agenda before you complain about that of someone else.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Have you considered the fact that there are more orphaned children living in the hopes of one day being able to not have to live in an orphanage than there are couples wanting to adopt someones else child and that is where some gay couples would at least like the chance of adopting, all they want is a child to love and raise in a happy household. But you would prefer they spend the rest of their childhood in institution, without a mother or a father, before you would allow them to be adopted by a loving "gay" couple. There are far too many parentless children in the world, don't deny them the chance of a loving, happy childhood!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3

Have you considered the fact that there are more orphaned children living in the hopes of one day being able to not have to live in an orphanage than there are couples wanting to adopt someones else child and that is where some gay couples would at least like the chance of adopting, all they want is a child to love and raise in a happy household.

Obviously, and I think a single parent household or having two Father's and no Mother is much better than an orphanage.

Originally posted by wiser3
But you would prefer they spend the rest of their childhood in institution, without a mother or a father, before you would allow them to be adopted by a loving "gay" couple.

Umm, no... don't make assumptions.

If you have a choice between a wonderful couple that provides both a Mother and a Father verse a wonderful couple that can't provide a Mother, why wouldn't you let a little girl have a Mother?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

-Having a normal family.

Well now Agent_USA_Supporter, is that what you believe that the gay agenda is?
Lets look at the argument that you have put out:
1) Have a normal Family: What exactly is a normal family? From what I have witnessed, and experienced first hand, seems like a normal family is either one or both of the parents are gone all day long and part of the night, while the child is left alone to do what he or she so desires. Both parents often struggle to make ends meet, alot of tension. Combined with that and or where the family unit is broken, as one parent or the other leaves the marriage and or was never there. Tell me how is that exactly normal?
2) Getting married with a wife? More and more, with unwed mothers, divorces, and dead beat fathers, well that argument tends to be moot.
3) Getting your own kids by making your wife pregnant: Really? Why so many children in foster care or without parents? Were those children not wanted and desired, or is there a far deeper problem here that can not be explained.
4) Seeing your kids grow up: Well you got me there, one advantage of having children, you get to see them grow up. Course you also have to provide for them till they are 18 and have moved out, and oh lets not forget, they are on your insurance policy till they are 26, and all of the headachs and problems what go along with having children.

There has been a lot of fear of what could happen, based on speculation and terror of what may or may not occure if a same sex couple raises a child. 99% of the evidence that exists on such topics are often biased based on the point of religion.
Would it be a bad thing, if a child grows up, learns to love his or her choice in mate, and stays together, sucessfully raising a child, and being very sucessful in his or her life? The childs role model happens to be the parents, and it should never matter if those are a same sex couple or a couple that is of opposite sex, or who looks different that each other. What matters is that the well being of the child is taken care of, and that said child is one who is going to grow up and be a functional member of society, and not have their decision and judgement clouded by hate and bias of the parent. Or would you raise a child to hate someone immediately cause they are different? That sounds like bigorty and the start of a whole new set of problems.
If you want to know what the gay agenda ultimately is, well it is like everyone elses: To be equal in all aspects of society. There you have it, no less, no more. Is it fair, that you would ask a group of people to abide by the same laws that you do, ask them to pay taxes, sometimes at a higher rate, like you do, work, stay out of trouble, do what they want in the privacy of their own home, yet deny them the right to have a job, or own a home, or even be appointed to a position of authority, all based on a fear that they are going to ruin society? That kind of rhetoric has been spouted before, and more times than not, has lead to the outright discrimination of a group, if not the deliberate attempt to kill or destroy that said group all based on the fear of that group. The history of the US has many such examples, where one group is fears, hated and dispised, all cause they were different, laws were passed and it was forbidden that they even try to get some jobs. Do not create a glass ceiling for which you or your children may one day come to regret.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You have the right to be gay, but it doesnt make it right. I have no use for Obama or his appointments. Our country gets weaker and weaker every passing day. Before long we will all be speaking another language if were not careful. I'm not trying to be unkind, but the gay lifestyle is sickening.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
What exactly is a normal family? From what I have witnessed, and experienced first hand, seems like a normal family is either one or both of the parents are gone all day long and part of the night, while the child is left alone to do what he or she so desires.

Huh? Who do you hang out with?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I heard a vicious rumor that the gay agenda is Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Well having lived in several large cities, and worked as a cashier on all shifts, and having managed a convience store, you tend to get a good view of what the general society happens to be. 3 of the females I worked with, all were having or have had children, for all of the wrong reasons. 1 had 2 children, with no husband, and she absolutely refused to marry the father of the child, broke up with him and had a child with a different person. The other, who was very carrier oriented, had a child, but left the father cause he was not treating her right. The third was having a child to try to save her marriage. Of all of the men I have worked with in a 9 year time frame, 90% of them were not married, had no interest in marring a girl, and were all having unprotected sex. Some even boasted about having more than one girl. None of them wanted to be fathers or have children, and one even admitted to me that he would disappear if the girl got pregnant. I have seen, in the heart of society, where the modern family had broken down, where the man and woman fought all of the time and ultimately the victim was the child who was caught in the middle. That is the traditional marriage that has come around today, and in all cases of the couples and people I have seen, having travelled and lived in 5 states in the midwest and west, having lived in 5 different large cities, it seems to be the exact same thing. Different town, same problems, and the exact same issues.
Here is a question would you deny a child the right to have a home? Lets say for example, Yves Saint Laurent
wanted to adopt a child, knowing that the child would be raised in a home of a multi millionare, the answer would be no, all cause Yves is gay? Or would it be he is gay, but the couple who is making a total of 60K a year is ok to adopt that child, cause they are straight.
And what of all of the parents that are out there who have children and are not the rolemodels for society? Under the logic that is stated, a gay person is not fit to be a parent, but a straight parent, who could be a murder, pedophile, rapist, bank robber, drug dealer, drug addict, or one who has a history of domestic abuse, is a good role model to be a parent?
Or how about, in the choice of a government job, someone who does not pay taxes is acceptable to be in a position of running the country, who is straight, but someone who is gay, has the necessary degrees and background, who just happens to be gay is not?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Here is a question would you deny a child the right to have a home? Lets say for example, Yves Saint Laurent
wanted to adopt a child, knowing that the child would be raised in a home of a multi millionare, the answer would be no, all cause Yves is gay? Or would it be he is gay, but the couple who is making a total of 60K a year is ok to adopt that child, cause they are straight.

Very simple, if all else is equal (ie. the people adopting are smart, financially stable, caring, loving etc. etc. etc.) and you have a choice between a single parent, a couple that provides two Fathers and no Mother, or a couple that provides both a Mother and a Father... what would you choose?

It's obvious that a loving home (with any parental make-up) is much better than homelessness or an orphanage. That is so obvious it's not even worth debating.

And what of all of the parents that are out there who have children and are not the rolemodels for society? Under the logic that is stated, a gay person is not fit to be a parent, but a straight parent, who could be a murder, pedophile, rapist, bank robber, drug dealer, drug addict, or one who has a history of domestic abuse, is a good role model to be a parent?

My logic doesn't lead to any such absurd conclusion.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join