It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 10*27*2010, UFO Caught on MY Game camera..!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

The rabbits here are only out at night, I have alot of pictures with them on the feeder, but they are wee little things in comparison to this.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I used a magnifier to have a better look. White bird getting ready to take flight. I could see the beak, the wings and the blurr at the bottom indicates it is rising to jump or fly. The only part I couldn't make out are the 2 white dots in the center of the body but that might be prey in its claws, it is at the right location. I don't blame you for your inquiry, it's interesting.

I agree crazydaisy. I enlarged the picture, and in looks like a bird taking off. The white dots look like the color of the feathers above the birds feet.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Strange looking thing. I think it looks like it's behind the grass but I know from taking hundreds of pics myself what funny looking things show up in pics sometimes. Things that end up to be something ordinary that were just caught the wrong way in that split second.

I think you will get an explanation but for now you have your own version of the Cumberland Spaceman.

I am not sure about this, of course, but I think the "UFO" is a bird passing by the camera since it is not visible in the photos before or after the one in the OP. The motion blur created by the flapping wings makes them "transparant" and it seems like at least some of the object is behind the grass.

In this motion blur photo you can see a bird feeder chain "through" the wings of a nuthatch leaving the feeder with his peanut.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c72e0cc162ea.jpg[/atsimg]
www.thathomesite.com...

The turkeys also seem perfectly relaxed, and that tells me that the object is something they are very used to seing in the area and do not fear at all - like a small bird. The turkey feeder probably attracts other hungry winged creatures too.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here, long time lurker though

I'm curious, I too believe it is an incoming turkey on the wing, the tail is spread out to slow itself down as it comes in to land. What I've been battling with is the glowing eyes! You said this was private hunting land, so these are owned birds? Could the glowing eyes be the sun reflecting off tracking/identification rings on the turkeys legs?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I say its a turkey. where its located it looks like there might be a small elevation incress and the turkey has its head down feeding with its tail feathers out. thats what gives it that disk look. If you look close at the edge of the "disk" you can see indentations of the over lapping feathers

here is a picture of a turkeys tail feathers.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e67a2a8afc0.jpg[/atsimg]

here is a picture of some turkeys with there heads down

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1954caddafe7.jpg[/atsimg]

now a turkey with his head down will give you that dome look in the picture and its feathers out the edge of the disk look. put them togeather and you get this?????????

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4016ec82099.jpg[/atsimg]

my 2 cents
edit on 27-10-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by vqsnapp

No, these are wild turkeys that roam from property to to property, no turkey in this area has any type of band or tracking devices on them.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Notice also here that the grass is visible through the "transparent" portions of the object, not in front of it.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c3e06cca347.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

For this to be one of the turkeys it would be black just like in your picture. This object is not black. Also the turkeys here move in flocks, they DO NOT roam around randomly alone. The roost in flocks and they move in flocks. For what you are saying to be true it would have had to come into the picture alone and left the picture alone, that is not very turkey like.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I disagree, the picture is only a few feet away and like you my family has land with lots of turkey. I see them off on their own a lot

Just trying to solve the mystery

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I made a rapid lining stuff on the shadows.
do you see this as a possible shadow on the bottom left or am i overthinking it ?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Fedge

if you dont mind fedge i posted your findings to this page

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9808418cb272.jpg[/atsimg]

strange. the plot deepens

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That really is an odd thing in the game photo LeaderofProgress. Can't wait till you head back out there and report back. Don't forget to take your camera. I would love to see pictures of the ground around the area the anomaly was hovering over.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisintel
Soo in continuing to examine the picture, it's starting to look like a rabbit jumping away into the woods.. The two white dots would be the bottoms of its bunny feet and that wing looking thing could be a rabbit ear. The only problem with that theory is it would have to be a biiig bunny....

Do you have any rabbits like this one around OP?

Yup this "UFO" looks like a bunny wabbit hopping away from us.

But it doesn't have to be a really big bunny from the looks of it...

(My first comment/post!)
edit on 27-10-2010 by laymanskeptic because: added word "post"

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I would not be surprised if the object is some sort of game feed dispenser.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It looks and is shaped like a hind end of a deer to me. Looking more or less straight on with the 'wings' being the slightly turned head. The spots might be reflections of urine...just a guess?

Out of focus and the sunlight lends to the metallic illusion.

edit on 27-10-2010 by elitelogic because: Add out of focus.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Fryaga

The object is not behind the grass. Motion blur is giving it a transparent look. Looking at the other images makes it clear that the object is in front of the grass.

I concur. You can see that the bottom of the subject is blurred, suggesting that what ever it is, it's moving fast, like the wings of a small bird or insect. This allows some of the background to appear as if it's blended with the image, so our brain thinks the object is behind the grass, but it's actually not.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It seems quite large in comparison the turkey around the tripod, which is apparently a good bit nearer. It's hard to know what the blurring low down is. What was it doing if anything? maybe I missed an explanation, I still woozy from a hospital appointment.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Interesting... It kinda looks like a giant engine coolant thermostat..

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think it may be a turkeys arse as it bends away from the camera head down, stretching its right wing as they are wont to do from time to time, the blurring effect is the motion
My 2 Cnts woith

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Can you take another picture from the exact same spot to prove to us that whatever this blurry thing is, isn't still sitting there?

It's too blurred to discern that it's not some sort of ground feeder.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join