It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muhammad is most popular boys name in England and Wales

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I fear the history of Europe the most - for this will no longer be cared about in the future by people that keep entering countries with only the history and importance of their own countries. Europe will be forgotten about by the way it used to be. Even the 'old ways' of doing thing will be out the door.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobo2099
well if muslims come here and we dont folllow there traditions we are racisit if we go over there and do not follow there ways we are racist.... bottom line is there going to take advantage of how overly sensitive we have become and will take over,,,, and it is our faulyt.... 60 years and most of the world has turned into sensitive molycodles

Muslims don't care about you following their traditions. I think you have a problem with people naming their kids names you consider to be too foreign. In the US, we call you people neocons. You can't feel good about yourself if you aren't asserting control over how other people live their lives. They have to eat, dress, and act like you or you hate and fear them. That's what racism is. If you don't want people to think of you as a racist, why don't you worry about your own life instead of trying to dictate to other people how they should live. Looks like the UK has its own Fox News - putting out articles intended only to stoke fear and hatred of an extreme fringe of the population in the hopes that they will flip out and start killing their neighbors. You're a neocon tool.
edit on 28-10-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst7
I fear the history of Europe the most - for this will no longer be cared about in the future by people that keep entering countries with only the history and importance of their own countries. Europe will be forgotten about by the way it used to be. Even the 'old ways' of doing thing will be out the door.

The human race thrives on variety and change. You lock a bunch of people in a small area for a hundred years, all you get is inbred idiots. Immigration drives cultural development, spreading new ideas, technology, cuisine, and biological diversity. I fear irrational hatred and fear of those who are different from yourself. I suggest you look into statistics - you'll probably find most of your population is ignorant of its own history. You're a perfect example - I can't think of a better word than "ignorant" for a person who says to himself, "His skin is darker than mine and he speaks another language. So, he must want to destroy me and my home." Most of the technology you use in your everyday life came from other countries. You're a willful hypocrite.

If you don't like foreign influence, please return all your computers to the United States, Japan, and China, to the people that designed them and the people that built them. Please stop using guns - firearms and gunpowder coming from China, India, and the Middle East. Italians and Americans want all their radios back. Americans want their telephones back. Any printed materials - China invented the first printing press. So, please send them all your books and magazines.

If you want to make yourself a more compelling racist, you're going to have to try harder.

edit on 28-10-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
That's besides the point if our country is willing to change due to the needs of illegal workers, where do you draw the line? Would you be happy if at some stage in the near future your local asda had a larger amount of food targetted at members from other countries rather than the tastes of the people who actually live here?

Polish people are here legally. Poland is a member of the EU.

Supermarkets aren't government run, they are there to make a profit. If there's a market for Polish food in some areas - as there apparently is - then it clearly makes sense to stock food from this country.

One of the main things that people get homesick about, is their own country's food.

Especially, as British cuisine isn't exactly to every foreign national's taste.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were British food aisles in some Spanish supermarkets, that cater to the British immigrants over there.

If thats the case then it only highlights my point, the Union Jack is the flag of the United Kingdom, any who finds that offensive has fallen into the trap of political correctness.

Quite simply, if anyone gets offended by someone waving a national flag in their own country, then the offended party should be told, in no uncertain terms, to ''do one'' !

edit on 28-10-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

just off topic but Ithought alexander graham bell invented the telephone and he was scottish?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

And yet, even with all the different spellings, it only trumps Oliver or Jack by a few hundred. Out of the top 5, 4 are traditional "Anglo-Saxon" names. Add up all the boys for those 4 names and they trump ALL the Muslim variations of Mohammed by tens of thousands. The article is distorting facts to suit an agenda and they do it every year, without fail.

Out of the UK population, an estimated 2-3% are Muslim. for them to outbreed "us" would take them decades, at the very least and would rely on "us" not breeding at all. Also, it is quite common for initial immigrants to have large families, but 2nd or 3rd generation tend not to follow the pattern, as costs of living tend to prohibit this and the lure of modern life stops them churning out half a dozen kids.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

In Muslim countries, the ONLY thing they care about is that you follow the laws put down by Mohammed.

"Traditions" isn't the right word. Doesn't matter if you "believe" or agree. Compliance is non-negotiable.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

What's wrong with this? It's not only the most popular name in England, it's the most popular name in the world. I don't see any reason not either, he was a very interesting and prominent historical figure.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
I think the figures are wrong...i think there are more kids born with non english names than they make out.
Look at all the illegal immigrants here...are they really going to register there kids?? i dont think so somehow.

In order for their kids to use ANY of the services available, like schooling, doctors etc, they must be registered. So, if all these "illegals" are having babies in NHS hospitals then dissapearing, then we have no problem with them filling up our schools, as they won't be able to. They also wouldn't be able to open up bank accounts, claim child beneift, get a passport or even get a job.

It's also a criminal offence not to register your child within 6 weeks of birth and the authorities will know of the birth as it would have taken place in an NHS hospital with the records being kept and passed to health visitors and the like. If the baby wasn't registered, they would be detected fairly easily.

Unless of course you're suggesting all the illegals conceal the birth by having it at home, don't register and therefore their kids are locked out of the system. If that is the case, what's the problem?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I don't know if its been mentioned as I haven't read this whole thread but on the BBC news this evening they said that Mohammed was the 3rd most popular boys name

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
Is it the religion people have a problem with, or is it ethnicity? Most of them are born British.

Being born somewhere doesn't alter your ethnicity.It might make them British nationals, but they wouldn't be able to say they were "English" or "Welsh" or "Scottish", which despite what PC peeps might tell your is an ethnic group.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

No, I am not racist.

I just care about my ancestry and their history. Just like the Muslims do.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

No, I am not racist.

I just care about my ancestry and their history. Just like the Muslims do.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OllyP
Thats a bogus list as well.
I could go out into any community now and find you a dozen James, Harry, Jack, Max.
But I won't find any Finn's, Ashers, Quinn's or Attica's.

I had my third child (white - so don't worry all your "arrgh, we're be taken over" types, I am doing my bit for the country!
) in July this year and he is called Finley.. Does that count as "Finn" or "Fin"..

I think it depends on where you live, what socio-economic group you are in and who you mingle with as to what names your are exposed to.

Our older kids go to two local schools, both CoE, and there are names such as Jonas, Finbar, Oliver, Alfred.. All names I had never come across growing up myself, but seem to be quite poular now, at least in the "well to do" area I live in..Go down the road and round the corner to the council estate and kids are called different names there. Go into Reading, the big town near me and you'll find a whole mix of peoples, with a wide variety of names.

You cannot say either "muslims are taking over" or "oliver isn't popular" unless you know and visit every area. England may be small, but travel a short distance and you get different ways of talking, behaving and naming.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I'm talking about the Polish people who aren't here legally mate, as far as I know that's what sparked the influx of them into the UK.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I'm talking about the Polish people who aren't here legally mate, as far as I know that's what sparked the influx of them into the UK.

I think the influx started in 2004, when Poland became a member of the EU.

As far as I know, any Pole can come and work in the UK, legally.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
www.guardian.co.uk...

Hate to be a stick in the mud....

But according to the Guardian, Mohammed isn't even in the top 10.

THE ARTICLE IS THE EXACT SAME DATE

All this proves is that the media is full of disinformation.

The Guardian is the left-wing version of the Daily Mail..

Example:

Daily Mail says "Top name for British babies is Mohammed, White people dying out"

Guardian says "Top name is Oliver, White people breeding too much and don't care for poor, helpless immigrants who deserve our help"

Both total garbage (and maybe I embellished a little) but it shows the slant that those papers have..

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

But all Polish are here legally....

Not quite sure how you think they aren't...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

oh my GOD, i called my first born boy mohammed
he is now 17 , oh no , please forgive me for naming my son mohammed , please dont hate me , please dont kill him when you see him going to arsenal or manchester united or chelsea stadium to watch a match (even though we dont live there , only when we visit UK in the summer)
because he doesnt want to blow him self among people , and that is because islam never told me to do that nor to preach it .

please please please , spare his life , he will never harm you , dont be afraid of him , he is as kind as anyone her on ATS or anywhere else in the world , he loves the poor and always ask me for mony to give the poor.

BECAUSE THATS HOW I RAISED HIM AND HIS BROTHER AND SISTERS ACCORDING TO MY BELIEF.

now if you have a problem with people calling their sons mohammed then go and whine about it in your parlement for letting muslims get UK passports, and stop spreading fear and hatred towards muslims
AS IF THIS SITE NEEDS MORE , realy im beginning to hate this site because of people like you

grow up and live your life , live and let live , dont let the propaganda drive you to no mans land , and dont be a tool to propaganda , because your a person of your own and have a brain of your own , think for your self , and install a firewall to your brain, then and only then you will feel free,safe and un brainwashed.

for your info i started to come to UK in 76 when i was 8 with my father and mother every year , and in 84 i went to a muslim school in norwich which was managed by ENGLISH muslim teachers and they spoke traditional arabic language even better than me.

dont fear islam , fear those who infiltrate islam , this is my advise to you.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Charlie, William, Harry and Alfie are very old fasioned names in particular and I honestly don't know anyone who would use them as their childs name.

I'd say top names were more like; John, Scott, Lee, Nick, Danny, Josh, Mike, Billy etc yes I know some of them are shortened versions of names such as William but seriously who calls their kids Charlie or Alfie?

Sorry, I am not picking on you, but thought I'd offer some perspective..

As I said earlier, my newest son is called Finly. I wanted to call him Charlie, mainly because my daughter is Alannah and my other son is Bailey, so a "C" would have been logical. The missus won out though and got Finley instead..

Anyhoo, the kids have a cousin called Harry (5 years old) and there is an Alfie in my eldest sons class...

The names do exist and are in common usage.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join