It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Success!
The infighting and division among the populace still rages on, another easy and peaceful night sleep for those in power not having to worry about being held accountable for their actions or lack thereof.
Let's all continue to engage and ultimately kill eachother to further the agenda.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It's beyond me why that woman from the Whacko Left Wing Moveon.org even bothered to show up there,[SNIP]
edit on Wed Oct 27 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941
It's beyond me why that woman from the Whacko Left Wing Moveon.org even bothered to show up there, [SNIP]

[SNIPPED INSULT]
Unless this woman had a gun or a bomb strapped to her chest, she didn't deserve to be treated in this manner. There is no excuse for this behavior.

By the way, the correct acronym for the "Service Employees International Union" is, you guess it, SEIU.
edit on 27-10-2010 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Oct 27 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Ad Hominem Attacks And You

edit on Wed Oct 27 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped part of quote that was removed

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I just showed this video to my mother and her sister. Both of them are Texans, Babtist, Republican, Conservative rightwing Bush supporters to the max.

The response from those two women would get me banned from ATS if I printed it here and they very rarely use any sort of profanity. They actually wanted to cut off the stompers male appendage. Not quite the words they used.

It's very nice to have something in common with my mom and aunt; usually we argue like cats and dogs.

I told them of all the Stompers apologist here on ATS and they told me to tell all of ya'll to go to **** yourselves.
Coming from 2 old rightwing Baptist women.

Apparently older men stomping on young womens heads, regardless of their ideology doesn't sit well with most women.

Imagine that.....

Even if Rand Paul is elected.........this will be the moment that defines his office as well it should! Exactly as Clintons BJ defines his presidency. This is the way American politics works. Aint't it grand....

Schools out....now go play.
edit on 27-10-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2010 by whaaa because: spelling

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
reply to post by jibeho

reply to post by ChocoTaco369

Find a thread on that topic and see if we can discuss it like adults there. All it is in this thread is more of the same old "look over there, look over that other way, look everywhere but at the story at hand!!!!" type distractions that many of you get so upset about in your anti-Obama threads. I have yet to see one even remotely well thought out argument why this woman deserved to be stomped on once she was on the ground. Discussing completely off topic "well what about when so and so did such and such" is every bit as desperate looking as anything anyone else has labeled as desperate in this thread.

ATS is a big place with many topics being discussed at all times. I do not understand why in a thread so clearly about one speicific incident, people are trying soooo hard to shift the discussion to something completely different. Either you can condone the actions of the man in the video or not and then disuss that.

Why does this seem like such a crazy idea, to stay on topic within a thread?

Here's one on topic for you www.abovetopsecret.com... Be careful though. You already had an off topic post removed in this one. Practice what you preach.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941
It's beyond me why that woman from the Whacko Left Wing Moveon.org even bothered to show up there, hell she should have been busy with SCIU and the rest of the demokrats committing VOTER FRAUD, check out Drudgereport.com for links. They've already discovered fraud in Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Daytona and Chicago all in favor of the Demokrats, how many more do you think they'll find before election day??? Oh yeah, and guess who the technicians are on those electronic voting machines...they're SCIU, Obamas favorite Union.

*sigh*

If I recall the right managed to get a President reelected even though he lost the popular vote.

Ahhhh, see I was right!

Did Obama and his secret union affiliations get this one done as well? Wait... No because Bush had to get the SCOTUS to hammer the nail in that coffin for our freedoms.

And I love how you throw that K into "demokrats".... Edgy and propaganda filled goodness there.

The left/right illusion is getting way too far out of hand. The corruption is universal and I can assure you that those in power probably sit around, sipping rare brandy and they laugh at us for turning on one another like a cage full of dogs fighting over a scrap of food while they live it up on our dime.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
We need more third parties in the USA.

We desperately need more political choice.

But what is painfully clear is that the Tea Party is an emotional platform..an ideological platform...a religious platform...but not a political platform.

They champion a "return to the constitution"...while at the same time demonstrating repeatedly that they do not understand it...except for those parts of it they wish to repeal.

They bemoan the bias of the media, while devoutly believing everything they hear on FOX.

They are an organization literally founded on opposition to Pres. Bush and the bailouts he instituted...an organization who now, as every survey shows, has a very favorable view of former Pres. GWB.

They talk about a return to values and "freedom" as long as it is theirs and no one else’s'..Gay Marriage, Gay Adoption, freedom of religion etc. etc. Equality only for those like us!

Times are tough right now..Emotion is ripe to be exploited...and in that context there is nothing mysterious about the Tea Party Movement...it is just sad.

Despite all of that I am glad that they have a voice. America was meant to have warts...and the people should be tested always. The country should as a whole decide if the Tea Party has any answers.

I just wish we had a legitimate third choice because right now it seems a choice between the professionally corrupt and the amateur insane trying real hard to become the professionally corrupt.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

HAHAHA SO this supposed trampling is the direct point of view of the WHOLE TEA PARTY???? GIVE ME A BREAK. Nevermind keep doing what your doing op I dont care. Its sad that you may even sway a few votes with this LAME ATTEMPT to say this Is THE FREEDOM that the TEA PARTY IS GONNA FORCE ON YOU. Ugg need I say more?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Pardon me if I speak like a liberal but the popular vote does not elect the president. It is the electoral vote that counts. Kind of screwy isn't it. Yeah Bush won the electoral vote on that one.

In all honesty, the system is screwed up and it should be a popular vote that determines the victor. Perhaps people would finally feel that their vote actually means something.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

the paul campaign has issued a statement condemning violence against opposition

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Hey jibeho!

Yes I am aware of the electoral college, but I felt my post was sufficient in making the desired point. As far as I can see things, since Deibold took over, post Kennedy, it's all been a joke anyway.

And as for Bush and the electoral vote goes... Well only a few folks in Florida, including good ole' Jeb really know how that went down.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yes, and now we have SEIU members working as the exclusive technicians, by contract, on the voting machines in Nevada. I really wish the cycle would end. I suggested all manual ballots that should be tallied by 6th graders in another thread. No errors guaranteed.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Those stomping on the woman were wrong. But the woman wasn't exactly an innocent person either. The FULL footage on the TV shows her shoving her sign through the open window of Rand Pauls' car. She was an idiot for doing that. She's one step from going over the edge into assault.

Looks like both those who stomped on her .. and the woman herself .. are morons.

And no .. I'm not 'blaming the victim'. I'm blaming a woman who wouldn't have gotten stomped if she had behaved correctly AND I'm blaming the stompers ... both.

Originally posted by maybereal11
But what is painfully clear is that the Tea Party is an emotional platform..an ideological platform...a religious platform...but not a political platform.

So are a lot of people on the far right and the far left ...
The far left cling to their faux-global warming like it's a religion. ETC
The other side brings their far right god into everything. ETC
Both the far right and the far left are emotional train wrecks. IMHO

Sad thing is .. the tea party started out as a great idea and it got hijacked.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by maybereal11

So are a lot of people on the far right and the far left ...
The far left cling to their faux-global warming like it's a religion. ETC
The other side brings their far right god into everything. ETC
Both the far right and the far left are emotional train wrecks. IMHO

Sad thing is .. the tea party started out as a great idea and it got hijacked.

Mostly agree. But the obvious difference is that the far left hasn't splintered off into it's own faux party.

A luxury afforded them by having theoretically left leaning reps in DC in power.

Believe me, if McCain had won and the GOP had taken the houses in 08 the extreme left would have gotten together and started a new party and I imagine they would be as much an idiot crew as the TP.

But right now that isn't the case. As it stands...what we have is the TP.

"Hijacked" seems too soft a word for what Dick Armey did to the TP. I see it more akin to a brutal rape.
edit on 27-10-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
She obviously wasn't being violent. A man should never put his hands on a woman. Period!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Except that the dem's had the majority in Congress,so I don't see how the right got to push through anything, especially since GWB was a moderate.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
First off, Heficide, please learn about the electoral vote before becoming pissy about popular votes. Should we change the electoral process to give more power to the people and less to individual districts? Of course we should. But currently, there was no rigged election, just a flawed system that re-elected Bush.

Secondly, did you even listen to yourself OP?

"There you have it folks, the "freedom" that the TEA Party wants to give you.

Have a dissenting opinion? Get your head stepped on. I believe this sums up the radical right wingers perfectly.

Freedom of Speech? Only if you have the right message according to the TEA Party, otherwise you might just get your head stomped on.

This is what you are voting for America."

I spy with my little eye a blatant overgeneralization....watch this...

There you have it folks, the "tolerance" that the Muslims want to give you.

Have a dissenting opinion? Get your buildings blown up. I believe this sums up the radical Muslims perfectly.

Freedom of Religion? Only if you have the right beliefs according to Islam, otherwise you might just get your buildings blown up.

These are the people you're expecting tolerance from, America.

I Commend you for super-imposing the Tea Party on the the entire right wing within two lines, but it's a fallacy and ignorant to the highest order. If you're still confused, notice in my imitation of your post (in which I hardly changed any words) I attributed that all Muslims were radical.

This overgeneralizing is ruining the world, and more close to home, ruining ATS. Please stop your bigotry.

Thank you

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
WOW, you guys are sure quick to critisize the right when things like this happen! There are bad apples in every barrel, you can't judge a group of people by the actions of a few. Whether the liberals like it or not, they will lose the house and senate this election as they should. they have done nothing but put us further into debt and given the government more power. In regards to this lady, what was said or done by her to enrage those guys? Some people just ask for it. It's something the liberals seem oblivious to, concequences of your actions. If I went to a Black Panther meeting in a KKK outfit i'd expect to get beat up. Liberals call it free speech, i call it stupid. She opened that can of worms, and she ended up eating em. Live and learn, looked like only her ego was hurt.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
No matter what political party she belonged to, that was a violent crime and the man that STOMPED (!!!) her head deserves to be prosecuted. It is a sad state of affairs when we can't speak to each other and treat each other with respect despite differences in opinion. Adults should handle themselves with dignity.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I have seen videos of violence form ALL SIDES of political ideology. I've seen Obama protesters even MORE violent than this...flat out socking people in the face. I don't say that to excuse this man, but the thought that only 'right wingers' do this is absurd.

And I am NO fan of Rand Paul, but I feel his Father Ron would be the greatest U.S. President ever. Rand is a true blue "right winger'. But what sucks is that anyone can go to a rally or protest, commit violence, and the act gets pinned on the candidate or politician.

How the hell does that make sense? There are videos of fightes breaking out between BUDDHIST MONKS at protests. Do people say "well you know those Buddhists, they're violent people and this proves it"

ONE person should not be responsible for the actions of a FEW that he or she does not know or has even had contact with. It's a moronic concept.

edit on 27-10-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join