It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Supporters of Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul wrestled a woman to the ground and one stepped on her head after she tried to confront the candidate in Kentucky.

The incident happened Monday night in Lexington right before a debate between Paul and Democratic opponent Jack Conway.

Lauren Valle of liberal group MoveOn.org, told Louisville station WDRB she was trying to give Paul a fake award when his supporters took her to the ground.

news.yahoo.com...
www.fox41.com...

There you have it folks, the "freedom" that the TEA Party wants to give you.

Have a dissenting opinion? Get your head stepped on. I believe this sums up the radical right wingers perfectly.

Freedom of Speech? Only if you have the right message according to the TEA Party, otherwise you might just get your head stomped on.

This is what you are voting for America.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
S+F. This is what the so called Conservatives want for the United States of America. We want Freedom. They want Nationalism!

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Prepare for an onslaught of comments declaring "Her head wasn't stomped on" or "She was libtard anyway".

I think both "sides" of the aisle have lost their goddamn minds. We should just build the Thunderdome and let them kill each other.
edit on 26-10-2010 by antonia because: too early.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

American politics to me is nothing but a joke. Politicians act the most ridiculous ways and we love it so much. The Left will enjoy the ridiculous words that come out of Sarah Palin's mouth, The Right will do the same and we would all suffer because of our stupidity.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
What was she confronting him about I wonder....I'm not a fan of Rand Paul....although I do like Ron Paul. This behavior is simply unacceptable by anyone. I like how quickly the mob mentality forms when they've got someone from an opposing party cornered. That man should be arrested.

May aqua buddha bless her heart.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

The reporter says she is filing assault charges.

That was disgusting. He had no right to stomp on her head like that. It makes me sick that people get upset if the police do that at a Ron Paul rally, but then his son's supporters pull that move. This is no way to act.

Society as a whole is declining. Are we even human anymore? What is human?

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

She was trying to give him a fake "employee of the month" award from the nonexistent foxcorp. Basically she was protesting how he is a corporate shill just like the rest of them.

For those that believe there is no real right/left paradigm, I got a question, what if these "TEA Party candidates" are just faked candidates to keep everyone from revolting? They come out tell you what you want to hear and you all clap like trained seals happy that "someone is going to take down Washington" when in all reality they are part and parcel of the same screwed up system we already have?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

That is why I don't vote. It would be funny for person of political ideology to ask why I don't vote. I would ask them why do they vote and do they feel happy after they vote?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Actually I have to ask, why don't you vote? To me, I think that's part of the problem, people NOT voting. The only people who seem to be voting are the elderly and the insane. You can't run a country with people elected by the elderly and insane!

I mean I vote, I research the candidates thoroughly and I decide on the merits of what they campaign on and who I feel would be the best candidate for the job. I don't stick to party lines, I choose candidates on a case by case basis.

Of course I also don't step on the heads of anyone that has a opposing view. But that's just the liberal tree hugger in me I guess.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Here is the vid. I like Rand Paul, I do not agree with everything he says, but I think he is an honest person.
I am a big fan of Ron Paul.

Everyone who put their hands on this person should be arrested for assault, and the guy who stomped her should have been charged with aggravated assault.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

A lot of people vote from what I see every election. It's what sickness me that what the media does to get people to vote. Rudy Gullian dressing in drag and that's all the video can do is talk about it, controversy over religion, Sarah Palin's family drama and so on. It's sad! I see our government as crooked. We don't have a choice. The voting systems seems flawed.
secure2.convio.net...
Check this boo out mate!

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If you attempt to approach a prominent political figure while acting like a lunatic you can expect to be stopped.

It was a stupid, immature stunt and she knew exactly what would happen.

Nothing to do with having a different view etc. etc.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Originally posted by SevenBeans

If you attempt to approach a prominent political figure while acting like a lunatic you can expect to be stopped.

It was a stupid, immature stunt and she knew exactly what would happen.

Nothing to do with having a different view etc. etc.

Hey antonia you were right!

Yea, she was acting like a lunatic, right, and that is justification for slamming her to the ground and stepping on her head right?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatuknoThere you have it folks, the "freedom" that the TEA Party wants to give you.

Of course, and all Democrats want to cheat on their wives and screw their intern with a cigar right? Rash generalization is never a good thing, be it political or racial.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Terrible things happen everyday to all kinds of people.
It's a shame. Humans collectively can be reactive and
unpredictable. Subtract the politics and remember this
happens everyday and everywhere.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Hey! That's my favorite President of this country pal! He was a great leader and he was on The Colbert Report!

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Not saying it was justified, but go any particular rally for a candidate, try to rush them and give them an insulting reward like that. Common sense would tell you it is an idiot thing to do no?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Is it just me or does it appear their is something wrong with these people? Including the Woman, who got stepped on.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Sorry this isn't a rash generalization, you not only got this incident, but you have many many others, and you even have candidates like Sharron Angle and Stephen Broden threatening violence if they aren't elected.

This is the sort of thing the TEA Party is ALL about, freedom only for a select few, pain and death for anyone that opposes their political views.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet
reply to post by antonia

American politics to me is nothing but a joke. Politicians act the most ridiculous ways and we love it so much. The Left will enjoy the ridiculous words that come out of Sarah Palin's mouth, The Right will do the same and we would all suffer because of our stupidity.

I am tired of people in this country. Look at the right, they will make every excuse in the world for this. I promise you Sean Hannity will be on at 2 screaming about how it's all a setup by the left and she deserved what she got. Limbaugh will laugh at the girl and make jokes about it. Beck will try to do a mix of the two. And now you've got the marching orders for the "right" in this country. The left will boo-hoo about it and go back to be freaking wimps who won't call the "right" out on their obvious immorality. They'll continue to do nothing except pretend they are doing something of worth while the corporates rob and pillage.

That is why we need to build the Thunderdome. We can broadcast the bloodshed on TruTV! Think of the ratings. It's the most American thing we could do. You aren't a communist are you?
edit on 26-10-2010 by antonia because: RAWR

edit on 26-10-2010 by antonia because: RAWR again

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join