It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A representative of the USA Youth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
First off,
Who am I?

I am, Anthony. Hello dear reader. The following inquiry is a statement that is being said from the heart of the youths in America. The youths that range from the ages of 13-18, and beyond. I am not here to argue what generation is the most important to be taught at this time, but simply the generation that is growing into adults words on what we care/think.

I represent the USA Youth, of only myself.
I do not speak on the behalf of anyone else but myself.
I do however feel as though i am talking for the more ignorant people if they knew how to present their own feelings.

Back to me,
Hi, My name is Anthony.
I'm 17 years old. And today is Oct 26, 2010.
Today if things played out as they should, i would be sleeping right now, or doing homework for school.
I am a highschool drop out. I feel as though i'm a failure to society. I'm not sitting here without ambition in hopes that 2012 will save my misery. I know how i feel and that is that i'm well.. a failure.
People that talk to me constantly tell me that i'm intelligent. I've got a very logical thinking mind. I've figured things out before i was taught them. And i feel as though i have some sort of gift of knowledge, or thought process. I dropped out of highschool my Senior year. I did not leave my studies as a student, i left the repetition of a fake lifestyle. I look at my facebook every day just to see this repetition. Homecoming is the biggest thing in their lives. Prom, again the biggest thing ever. Getting into a U, is the biggest thing ever. Never something beyond themself.
I used the be one of those "Popular kids"
The one that was loved by all,
The one that was nice to everyone, everyone knew me.
I went to all the parties. I was a highschool jock/prep whatever name you wanted to give me.

But during all this i was unhappy with it all.
This is a fake life.

I stopped being friends with all these people that i thought "loved me"
I stopped it all. I was heading into clinical depression because of how sad i felt when during a certain time frame i "Woke up" I don't want to seem like i watch a "Wake up" new age video and all of a sudden i "woke up"
That's just silly

Although when people ask me how i feel i said "my eyes are open now" I started seeing the BS routine i was living. And i didn't want to open my eyes one morning when i'm 60 and remember how i lived during this time.

I was fortunate enough to be born with a family that had decent wealth and loved me so much.
They paid for me to live in a new town away from them and live with my sister while she goes to college.
I will not go into detail about that but basically i felt that an escape was going to help it all.

What happened in this new town? I signed up to the best school around me. And well... I feel like i fell into a "Mean girls" movie. Or something of that nature.
Everyone i met seemed to have an identical copy in my old school.
I visualized babies being born like in the matrix scene from the real world, with usb drives that had programs for what they would be and how they would live their lives.

I saw myself as opened-eyed.
I saw them as Blinded.

Since my story goes as the following: I was what i hate now.
Then i have the experience that they are living through.
I have their eyes in the back of my mind.
I started to do their things, again.
I started to live that life, again.

I did this because i caved in so hard. I couldn't believe my reality.
I just had to follow the same thing that i was following before i turned around.

Here is what i have to say for the youth of the USA.
Here is what i felt like, but was unaware of. Here is me from before. Here is me saying how i feel when i was what i hated, a copy and paste version of someone else in another school, just like every other school in the USA.[Public schools]

Hi,
I'm Anthony.
I've currently got a 3.7 GPA
I study hard and get good grades for it. I like to party on the weekend and get so drunk i cannot remember anything. An average year for me is very repetitive. I do the seasonal sports and go to school. If you asked me what happened on 9/11 i would say this: "Those terrorists did a horrible thing that day. It could have been the government but who cares? Its not patriotic to think that way" If i was asked if there are any Aliens on other planets i would say: "I study at night, not fantisize about something that i wouldn't understand anyways"
If i was asked if i could change the world.
I would answer:
"I would lower the drinking age to 16."

What am i trying to say?
I'm saying, as a representative of the dumbwitted teenage population[the majority of the teenage population]
That i, and we don't care. We don't care what is happening in the middle east.
We don't care who is visiting our planet. We don't care about how things are unconstitutional with the federal reserve and other cooperations like that. Hell we don't even know its a private cooperation. Not like we learn that stuff in school
We don't care the islam is being bashed because aparently "The Quaran says to kill people" and i wouldn't research it.
We care about
Our football games. Our women. And our beer.

[This is just a serious long run-on rant, but its a semi-good read for some people.
I DO NOT feel like what i said "i felt" in the last part. Keep in mind this is me "role playing" myself if i was asked what i felt like about the world as i was before i felt like "i opened my eyes" anywaysi hope you enjoy it.]
edit on 26-10-2010 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Explanation: S&F!

Mostly spot on!
Well done! and thank you for clearly expressing what you care about!

Personal Disclosure: I would like to contribute further, but I am unsure if the OP'er is seeking any clarification or just wanted to get and to also put this out here for whatever reason[s]! If the OP'er does want my contributions?, then if they could please clarify that for me asap and I will come to the party so to speak.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Say what you want to say, and contribue whatever you like.
If you want i can edit something in the original post that you feel like saying and give you credit for it

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Hi Ant,

What a brilliant post!

You have a future and that is for sure, because you are a lone voice.

People who are lone voices are often lonely, obviously, but you have so much potential to go wherever you want to go and I wish you the very best in your quest.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Welcome aboard.
I myself am 16, and I think it's good to have some of us younger ones on here because after all, one day we're going to be the ones running this earth.
It's pretty mint that there's more of us getting amongst the conspiracies, I think our generation has the potential to get the truth from our governments in the near future. In this age, more and more secrets are surfacing, we need answers.
I look forward to talking to you.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Explanation: Thanks and you earned another St*r!

Ok here is my take on this OK...

1st I will disclose my age upfront [its important ok] as 38yrs old and here in Australia one is legally a Youth until aged 25yrs old. I am not a youth as defined in Australia.

I greatly appreciated your upfront candidness and transparency as regards your beliefs and I wish to support them with LEGALITIES that trump all borders, constitutions and demographics so I here provide the Universal Declaration of Human Rights...

Universal Declaration of Human Rights [un.org]

Article 2.
•Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

And we have 4 basic GARANTEED freedoms...

Whereas disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind, and the advent of a world in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people,

And if anyone tries to undermine them or take them away from you, you have recourse to this...

Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression (EDITED by OL: Psst That means WAR OK!... yes killing people
), that human rights should be protected by the rule of law,

Note all edits to add stuff, underline, bold etc are mine for emphasis OK

Personal Disclosure: I hope you now care about ALL of your INALIENABLE RIGHTS and that you use this information I have supllied wisely in all your future endevours, may they be safe and then fun for you and yours!

P.S. Dear youth in general, you ARE the future so please consider that greatly and deeply NOW please, so the future for you will be awesome and not this farce that I have contributed to currently to your and my detriments. Sorry OK!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

S&F

You just read my life story brother. People who can reckonize the problem and refuse to be conformed by it are the greatest humans on earth. Only advice I've got for you is, keep your head up and continue to follow your heart, one day you will stumble upon an opportunity to change the problems in society that you have suffered through.

See you around...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Can I ask you young guys why you are so disillusioned? And why you feel so apart?

Did your parents cause it or what?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Disillusioned? I don't think we are disillusioned at all.
I think we are more 'awake' than any generation was before us in their youth days.
Can you elaborate more on this? Disillusioned about what?

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

The problem with this is the human ego.
I had the biggest ego around. I could do what i want and when i want.
I could cus out my teacher in the middle of the class and feel as those it's justified because everyone laughed when i did so.

If i went up to the person who took my place, and told him, in a respectful manner,

"Listen up buddy. I want you to hear something very important that will possibly change your life. You are living a lie and here's why:....." I would be insulted. I would be disregarded, and thrown back to where i am right now, societies waste basket.
All there is, and it seems to be, is noise.
Its so loud when you try to change the world.

Passion drives the human to do his greatests tasks.
And when i have the passion for it, which i know eventually i will[again] i will continue to try to shape other people.
But until then i must recover, or rediscover my life.
Until then i am only whipsering in peoples ears and hope they learn for themselfs.
)

-EDIT-
A reply to all that are supporting and have enjoyed my post thus far, i appreciate it.
It really does give me a glow on the inside and a smile on the out.
Even though you do not know me,
I appreciate it very much so.
I'm starting to like the ATS community

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

Well, YAY to that.

It was just that the OP said he had distanced himself from his peers.

I am glad - but you are not more enlightened than I am - you need to live a bit longer for that.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I wasn't saying I am more enlightened than you.
I am saying that at our age, we are more aware of the topics discussed on these forums than you were when you were a youth. I wasn't saying we are more enlightened than you, I'm sorry if it sounded that way.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Trust a kiwi to apologize more than you need to! And trust an American to never apologize!

Hi, GR,

I certainly did not need an apology - but maybe I am enlightened?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Hahaha. I thought you were going to bust out a sheep shagger joke.

I was just clearing that up, didn't want to sound like I was being a smart ass.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I'm 19 and I'm wondering what will be of my generation?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Thanks, Rad,

We all know that the Aussies are the sheep shaggers - if they can even find a sheep lol. Otherwise it is a cactus in the desert.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Just thought that whoever read my first post, would find this interesting.
Check out that one comment with all the
's

YoutubeVideo with willhunting

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

So, are you lying?

I hope you are not lying, Ant, because there are people who are in the situation you describe.

If you are lying for a laugh - where is the laugh?

And if you are lying, get real.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Uhh,
no.
I wasn't lying about anything i wrote. I was just looking at random videos that seemed interesting and noticed the comment that said "90% of my friends would understand this" and i felt that way, that most people wouldn't understand this.
It was more off topic from the main post >.>

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

OK,

I am amazed you even replied to me.

Just follow your true path.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join