It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Moon an Artificial Satellite? Look at This.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Did no one pick up on my previous post about NASA astronomey picture of the day , where one day it showed the large open face mine excavator , and then next day something about the moon !

What have the two got in common well nothing really , what has the largest machine in the world got to do with space .
Well they are on the moon in my opinion

check APOD a few days back to see it

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by v3_exceed

The water should have sublimated off, but a small atmosphere may have kept it in place.

The atmosphere of the Moon is atmosphere only technicaly, but in fact it is vacuum with a few atoms here and there. Definately not enough to keep water from sublimating. Water on the Moon may have survived underground, or in permanently shadowed craters (as LCROSS impact has showed).

Not to be a stickler or anything, but shade doesn't have anything to do with sublimation. When you put ice cubes in the freezer, there is no sunlight, no light of any kind, but the ice cubes still shrink. That shrinking is sublimation. I can see a layer of soil/dirt/surface material sealing in the ice, allowing it to remain, but any exposed ice is bound to sublimate. As some ice is exposed, one has to ask why it hasn't sublimated off into space. I believe there is a lot more atmosphere than a few ppm, nothing like here on earth, but enough to change the direction of the fallout around impact points.

..Ex

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

Not to be a stickler or anything, but shade doesn't have anything to do with sublimation. When you put ice cubes in the freezer, there is no sunlight, no light of any kind, but the ice cubes still shrink. That shrinking is sublimation.

Sublimation rate depends strongly on temperature, and in permanently shadowed craters temperature can reach just 40 kelvins above absolute zero. It may be possible that lunar ice could be stable in such conditions..

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

You are correct, at those temperatures sublimation is greatly reduced, but not stopped entirely. A reasonable writeup I found was here -> but its a PDF This explains very well what levels of sublimation should occur and at what rates.

Having said that, I still maintain that we have no definitive answer as to how the moon got to where it is in the state it is. I still firmly believe NASA isn't forthcoming with many of the details they know about the moon and about space. It seems to me that it's only under the threat of another country exposing information NASA should have already had that NASA comes out with that information. Space is not some coveted secret that needs protection from the public, it is something that we all belong to as part of this community in our corner of the universe and really we all should have the right to know.

..Ex

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Austin Powers exposed the secret, there is a giant laser on the moon

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

really really really really great observation you have made...

and it really fits a mystery of maybe how it looks the way it does...

excellent thinking! S&F!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Errrrrr...not really, wZn....read on, the so-called "striations" are explained. And, sorry but comparing the Moon's surface to the heat shields of Apollo CMs after atmospheric entry is NOT a "comparison" at all.

Just in case you didn't see the other responses, here are a few links to explanations. NOT based on pure speculation, but on science:

www.psrd.hawaii.edu...

ezinearticles.com...

Article from Harvard, over forty years ago: adsabs.harvard.edu...

And, of course, Wiki....it IS a valid source, for quick and easy understandings: en.wikipedia.org...

Trying to come up with some way to pigeon-hole the Moon, while rejecting hundreds and thousands of eminent scientists, and science? Fruitless effort.
edit on 31 October 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Science has nothing on knowing if you ask my opinion...

and i KNOW you exist - even though i have never seen you, scientifically speaking of course

The MOON is ARTIFICIAL - and I ain't gonna take it anymore!!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You read all of the information, in my posted links, in only SIX minutes???
WoW!! Some new record!!

Apollo Lunar samples (oh, and the USSR, now Russia, has some, too. Not as much in quantity, of course), and the dozens of experiments carried out before, during and since Apollo, show that the Moon is a natural satellite of Earth, has been for almost as long as Earth has been in existence.

Period. Hand-waving real science away, in favor of some pet desire to be "correct" in some off-beat (and wholly unsupportable claim) is the epitome of denial, and the embracing of ignorance. Shame to be witness to it, and sad if it infects anyone who reads and even for a single moment starts to "buy into" any of it...too far from logical, rational thought as to be almost inconceivable that anyone would seriously entertain it, even for a nanosecond.....

edit on 31 October 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

spoken like a true 'scientist'.

nothing like a spiritualist though. - you know the right brain part of the brain...

but that's for another topic.

Oh yeah - the MOON is ARTIFICIAL!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Sorry I can only give you one star.

Mankind USED to believe the world was flat. We USED to believe the Sun revolved around the earth. Several people were persecuted for believing otherwise. Oh how far we've come. There are still too many unanswered questions about the moon to blindly accept what "they" tell us.

Happy Halloween

..Ex

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Here's the latest theory on how the Moon came about....

The moon was created by an explosion of matter from of the Earth's interior, where it formed in a runaway uranium fission georeactor at the boundary between the core and mantle according to a radical theory by Rob de Meijer of the University of the Western Cape in South Africa and Wim van Westrenem of VU University Amsterdam.

The georeactor is a theory first proposed by geologist Marvin Hendron that a nuclear fission reactor may exist at the Earth's core and serves as the energy source for the geomagnetic field. Hendron earlier suggested the existence of fission reactors at the core of the large gas planets -Jupiter and Saturn.

Link

Any more hare brain ideas?
That aliens-brought-the-Moon-here theory is equally nonsensical!

But hey! What do I know?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Might I add on satellites here. Do some rotate with different colors, red, green, maybe white? Satellites posing as stars? I wouldnt doubt it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Might I add on satellites here. Do some rotate with different colors, red, green, maybe white? Satellites posing as stars? I wouldnt doubt it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
The orbit of the moon is unusual as well. We always see the same face, its rotation perfectly in sync with the earth. Coincidence?
Near perfect circular orbit, same side always facing earth.

And it just exactly covers the sun during an eclipse, as seen from the ground. And then there are Von Reichenbach's "lunatics", people who were compelled to go outside and stare at the moon for long periods. And of course, eclipses seem to be very important to people in high places who conduct sinister occult rituals.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by grizzle2
And it just exactly covers the sun during an eclipse, as seen from the ground.

Common misconception. If this were the case, there would be no such thing as annular eclipses. Further, in a total eclipse, the apparent size of the moon is not the exact same apparent size as the sun - it's larger.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
To be honest with you..I think if the government was to come out world wide and say the Moon is artificial, it was towed into space, it can leave orbit, it does have thousands of people living on it...you would say NONSENSE !!!!

Then you would proceed to say...Thats a ( insert discredited debunked researcher or what some of you all call crackpots name) BS theory. Then on with the insults and tinfoil hat jokes.

It must be very agonizing to be wrapped up so tightly into false belief systems where you belive you are truly free.

But hey...At least you sound smart and articulate. You have all the credentials and successes in your life to prove just how together and sane you are

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
They reminded me what the moon would look like if it had been dragged across the universe and heated up in the atmosphere of other planets and been bombarded by asteroid fields along the way. Sure, its a way out theory but this is ATS.

To be far the moon is travelling through space and it has been bombarded by asteroids and radiation so it does have good reason to look the way it does...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I can point you all to the first guy I read that said the moon is a titanium shell covered with asteroid belt debris. His sources say it was made as a battle station in the Orion constellation by the Reptilians in their war with the Galactic Federation of Light. It was brought here about 2 million yrs. ago if I remember correctly, and was parked around Maldek, the planet that is now the asteroid belt. After Atlantis destroyed our original 2 moons, this one was towed here to act as our moon. I would love to hear comments on this. For more info. you can check Sheldan Nidle's 2 books, "You Are becoming A Galactic Human" and "Your First Contact".

Here's evidence of earth's original 2 moons being destroyed.
googlesightseeing.com...

Here's some updates about the moon.
www.paoweb.com...
www.paoweb.com...
www.paoweb.com...
www.paoweb.com...

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-5-2011 by Sargoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

I agree. Its not possible for the moon to rotate on its own axis and at the same time one side always faces earth. If it does spin, the "far side of the moon" has to be visible from somewhere on this planet unless the moon is spinning vertically. If earth never sees the far side of the moon, it does not spin. Now there may be certain parts of the globe that never see the far side of the moon because of the rate of rotation but i'm having trouble comprehending the fact that the entire earth never sees the far side of the moon while the moon spins on its own axis. I've heard people say its because the moon spins at the same rate the earth does but that still makes no sense. All the text books say the far side is never visible from earth so we have two conflicting facts that I'm surprised no one has seemed to notice. Either it spins on its own axis or it doesn't. The fact that we can't see the far side is strange to me anyway. Its as if "someone" doesn't want us to see whats on that side of the moon.

edit on 1-6-2011 by Greensboro1978 because: edit text

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join