It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Moon an Artificial Satellite? Look at This.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I borrowed a telescope from a friend the other night and actually looked at the magnified moon for the first time. I was immediately struck by the striations. They reminded me what the moon would look like if it had been dragged across the universe and heated up in the atmosphere of other planets and been bombarded by asteroid fields along the way. Sure, its a way out theory but this is ATS.

(If you click on the External Image, you can look at all the pix by clicking the "Older" button)

The moon and the capsules are the same colors. The "Seas" on the moon look just like the parts of the capsule where the heat shield has been burned off. The resemblance is uncanny.

The patterns reminded me of the heat shields on the re-entry capsules of Apollo 9 and 10.

I tried to imagine how incoming meteors could produce thousand kilometer long streaks along the surface of the moon as they impacted. It did not make sense. The patterns of craters are round. How could they scrape across the surface for hundreds, if not thousands of kilometers. Not unless, of course, the moon was dragged millions of miles across the universe and parked in its current orbit.

Its funny, even the close ups almost look like craters on the moon? Imagine after thousands of years how dust would collect on the surface and smooth everything out.

I remembered reading Sitchin's explanation that the Annuki had brought the moon into Earth's orbit as a base. I also remembered Marr's theory and that the moon is much to light for it's size that it may be possible, like Phobos that the moon is hollow.

Take a look at these pix and tell me what you think.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

The orbit of the moon is unusual as well. We always see the same face, its rotation perfectly in sync with the earth. Coincidence?
Near perfect circular orbit, same side always facing earth.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

I feel I'm pretty knowledgable on the whole "Moon is an artificial satiellite" theory.

Just waiting to get past my first 20 posts to post my own thread regarding the topic.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
But... where would it have come from? Why would it exist? What purpose does it serve? why have people been able to observe the moon since the very beginning of mankind, before any other species would have a reason to place the moon there? It... just doesn't seem plausible to me.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeriq

ooh, too bad Zarp3333 beat you to it. Now if you start another thread on the same subject it will be closed down and traffic will be sent to this one.
But! on a good note, you can still add your information to this ongoing thread and not have to wait!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

oh hai dere fellow crimefighter

The moon is acting really weird lately. There is a huge media blackout on the subject right now.

Media Blackout Regarding Earth And Moon Orbital Changes:

______beforeitsnews/story/229/227/HUGE_media_blackout_regarding_Earth_and_Moon_orbital_changes.html

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The moon...........

what would it take to make it spin? Why does it not rotate? Is the near side magnitized? and is that the reason it doesn't spin? It is not right, something fishy going on up there.

Oh but I'm sure someone will come along and explain how ignorant I am, and give me a perfectly good reason why our moon always keeps one side towards the earth.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeriq
reply to post by Stewie

I feel I'm pretty knowledgable on the whole "Moon is an artificial satiellite" theory.

Just waiting to get past my first 20 posts to post my own thread regarding the topic.

Feel free to add your thoughts to this existing thread on the topic

Welcome to ATS!

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
The moon...........

what would it take to make it spin? Why does it not rotate? Is the near side magnitized? and is that the reason it doesn't spin? It is not right, something fishy going on up there.

Oh but I'm sure someone will come along and explain how ignorant I am, and give me a perfectly good reason why our moon always keeps one side towards the earth.

(not my work)

"How it works: If you go out on several different nights and look at the Moon, you will always see the same features, at about the same position. It looks as if the Moon doesn't rotate! Ah, but it does.

This can be seen using a model. Grab two oranges (or apples, or baseballs, or whatever roughly spherical objects you have handy). Mark one with an "X"; this represents a feature on the Moon. Now put the other one down on a table; this is the Earth. Place the Moon model on the table about 30 centimeters (one foot) away with the X facing the Earth model. Now move the Moon model as if it were orbiting the Earth, taking care to make sure that the X faces the Earth model at all times.

Surprise! You'll see that to keep the X facing the Earth model, you have to rotate the Moon model as it goes around the Earth model. Furthermore, you can see you have to spin it exactly once every orbit to keep the X facing the Earth model. If you don't rotate it, the Moon model will show all of its "sides" to the Earth model as it goes around.

Now, I have been a bit tricky here. We are talking about two different frames of reference; one on the surface of the Earth looking out at the Moon, and one outside the Earth-Moon system looking in. You performed the experiment from the latter frame, and saw the Moon rotating. From the former, however, you can see for yourself the Moon does not rotate. What is being argued here is that in one frame the Moon rotates, in another it does not.

We've actually learned three things:
# 1) the Moon rotates as it orbits the Earth (as seen by an outside observer);
# 2) it rotates one time for every orbit (to that observer); and
# 3) if it didn't rotate, we would eventually see all of the Moon as it orbited the Earth. "

www.badastronomy.com...

So yes, the moon does spin.

edit on Tue Oct 26 2010 by Jbird because: Mod Note: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I've always wondered why the craters on the moon weren't very deep.. Compared to the Arizona crater which was created by a 50 yard wide meteorite the craters on the moon are many many times wider yet their depths don't correlate to what you think a meteorite that was able to make such a wide crater would have penetrated into the moons surface.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

Nice, but if you knew all of that then I "think" you might have grasped what I was trying to say.

even the explanation seems just a little toooo perfect of a model for me. but OK................

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

It does rotate,it just rotates at a rate where the same side always faces the earth.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I see what you are trying to say. I got that stuff off a website, haha, the site says sometimes you can see just a little bit of the other side of the moon because of the moon's elliptical orbit... pretty interesting stuff (although I am not really science-y so would never figure that stuff out on my own.)

I suppose there are a lot of coincidences - 27.62 day rotation, 400 times smaller than the sun but 400 times closer to Earth so that the sun and the moon appear the same size in the sky. But, it could be that life was only possible because of these coincidences, so maybe they are just coincidence that let life form here, not something else. Could be no other planets have the perfect system for life but ours does, or that there are other planets with life and they all have the perfect moon and perfect distance from the sun. It seems 'too perfect' but that doesn't mean someone put the moon there haha but rather that our life formed here because we had a perfect set of conditions. If you follow what I mean...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders

It does rotate,it just rotates at a rate where the same side always faces the earth.

yes it does Like clockwork

another question, If it did rotate, how would the earth be different, if at all?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i was looking at the moon and took some picks on my iphone down the scope so just thort id share it

i180.photobucket.com... (if it doni work)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Saying the moon is rotating based upon a model, based upon the fact that we always see the same side doesn't add up to me. For example, if you had the moon as a kite on the end of a string, and you were able to walk this kite around the earth, you would always see the same side, and it is certainly not rotating.
Fail.
There are some extraordinary things about the size of the moon in relation to the Earth AND the Sun and its orbit.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
hi zarp3333, in the op you mentiond the moon has a long scrape an it looks exactly like the one on mars .
i thout something might have scrapet along it slowly

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Yes it is rotating. Do the model. You will see that if you didn't rotate the moon, we'd see the whole moon. The moon rotates slowly.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by Aeriq
reply to post by Stewie

Feel free to add your thoughts to this existing thread on the topic

Welcome to ATS!

Sounds like you may have something new to add or a fresh outlook and information?!
Look forward to hearing your thoughts. If you are confident you are bringing new information to light
then I suggest you start your own thread, otherwise cram it on in here.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie

Saying the moon is rotating based upon a model, based upon the fact that we always see the same side doesn't add up to me. For example, if you had the moon as a kite on the end of a string, and you were able to walk this kite around the earth, you would always see the same side, and it is certainly not rotating.
Fail.
There are some extraordinary things about the size of the moon in relation to the Earth AND the Sun and its orbit.

If you walk around the earth of course the kite will rotate, with the earth, with you, use the same model, put a ball in the middle and something like a kite around, and start moving the kite so he have one of his face always looking the ball, you will see that the kite rotate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join