It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Cartel Has Booked The Entire Taj Mahal Hotel, Over 750 rooms, all banquets, restaurants.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Afraid of poisoning?

Oh yes, those Indians who know how to use herbs so well.
They might cure him of his vapidity.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Lavishness? I dont think thats what this ones all about, i believe its for bigger reasons than that.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
They made a documentary about Air Force One during the Bush years. I believe I saw it on the History Channel. The show went into some detail about how every time the president flew overseas they used two similar jets for security and in case one has mechanical problems. They also flew the presidents armored limousine in a cargo plane before he arrived at the country. This is in addition to all the agents who would arrive before the presidents visit to ensure everything is set up and double check on security. So, just the minimum would be 4 jumbo jets for a president traveling overseas. This is in addition to the military jets who fly near Air Force one.

So, it's not a big surprise that any U.S. president would rent a large number of rooms. I can imagine that they would at least book and secure the floor above and below the president for security reasons. I am pretty sure for security reasons the president brings his own personal chefs and all food is tested. Add to that a large number of secret service agents for security. You going to have a huge number of people travelling with the president.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

His Majesty arrives. Ruler of the Universe. God's Master. Allah's bastard love child. Fricken Creator of all things ever in the history of the eons.... BAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP IT! You guys are killing me today!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
all hail the great leader. how dare you call this extravagent. if he only booked the top 5 floors there's still the possibility that someone could cause him harm from the lobby or that that restaraunt would run out of his favorite food!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Barack and Michelle's overnight stay in India to attend a CHAMBER economic summit
Obama’s personal security staff itself will be huge, and it has already started making its own arrangements in Mumbai. “A team of secret service agents has already arrived, and has surveyed the areas of his stay and the roads and places on his itinerary,” the officer said.

To ensure fool-proof security, the President’s team has booked the entire the Taj Mahal Hotel, including 570 rooms, all banquets and restaurants. Since his security contingent and staff will comprise a huge number, 125 rooms at Taj President have also been booked, apart from 80 to 90 rooms each in Grand Hyatt and The Oberoi hotels. The NCPA, where the President is expected to meet representatives from the business community, has also been entirely booked.
The officer said, “Obama’s contingent is huge. There are two jumbo jets coming along with Air Force One, which will be flanked by security jets. There will be 30 to 40 secret service agents, who will arrive before him. The President’s convoy has 45 cars, including the Lincoln Continental in which the President travels.”

Since Obama will stay in a hotel that is on sea front, elaborate coastal security arrangements have been made by the US Navy in consonance with the Indian Navy and the Coast Guard. “There will be US naval ships, along with Indian vessels , patrolling the sea till about 330-km from the shore. This is to negate the possibility of a missile being fired from a distance,” the officer said.

The President will be accompanied by his chefs, not because he would not like to savour Indian cuisine, but to ensure his food is not spiked.

US President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama are scheduled to land in Mumbai on November 6.
economictimes.indiatimes.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
An economic summit is got to be the most stupid idea I've heard. This guy can't pass the smell test of ever passing Econ 101(look at his spending spree policies) much less a freakin' economic summit ? The hypocrisy from this regime has No End. And has the unmitigated gall to talk to other countries about solutions to "their" economic problems...?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by SourGrapes

Well maybe, but if he were expecting something bad to happen like that he'd probably book an underground bunker stateside.

But in a way you're right, of course...It WOULD be a good time for that nuke stolen at Barksdale to make a showing...

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of...

His job is done, he's on the run. Like, he's getting out of dodge. With so much talk of coups these days, he's getting out of town and leaving it to the people.

Money's gone, he and his are more than financially set. His bookies are paid off, he's off to live high and tight.

I referenced Iran, because of the coup that happened, when the President (at the time) was at the U.N. meeting. President and all of his security and upper echelons were away, country was overthrown and he and his wife fled to France and never returned to Iran. (going by memory here)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

I like the way you think SG, always have!

Good point about Iran!

But what about these rumors that some high ups are trying to get him out on Article 25? Could that have anything to do with this? ---->

BREAKING: AIR FORCE ONE CRASHES, KILLING ALL ON BOARD! Sabotage suspected!

?

Somehow I doubt it.

(umm, that was a false headline, don't none of you go freaking on me.)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wow! President Obama really knows how travel. When doing anything, do it big and as extravagant as possible. We remember we are taking about his highness, and one of royalty cannot travel without an entourage full of taste testers, security, and court jesters. I would love to see the receipt after this latest foray into lavishness and frivolity by our President and his wife. People are suffering and he has enough audacity to pull a stunt like this? Way to show solidarity with the people, and the very individuals that voted him into office. He wonders why he is getting no love in the polls, and why his fellow Democrats are on the ropes. It is things like this trip to Mumbai, and other things that show an utter disconnect from the rest of America.

I understand he is entitled to certain privileges and perks as President of the United States, but does he after to go overboard with them? Shouldn't he and his wife cut back some as other Americans have done during this economic disaster? This is another epic failure on his part, and I don't think he really cares. The man is obsessed with satisfying an ego larger than Mt. Everest, and is one of the most narcissistic individuals I have ever seen.

Mr. President I believe the hopium is wearing off and people are seeing right through the nonsense. Acts like this are bound to make his polling figures drop even further, and will not win any votes for his allies in the legislature who seem to be on ropes weeks before the November midterms. Party hardy Mr. President, and when the party is finished the peons can cleanup.
edit on 23-10-2010 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Ha! That's great!

I never even thought to make that dot connection, and I have a thread on that very video...hehe

BAD OMEN? Presidential seal falls off podium as Obama says "We cannot sustain..."

That's right Obama...We cannot sustain your fricken lavish trips when a simple video conference would have saved the taxpayers millions.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awolscout
So since everyone decided to react at this with pure outrage, I just have one question, now IF this is true it would be bad. But uh, yeah, did you guys look at those numbers? I mean what are the chances that this isn't a hoax? Or perhaps some sensationalism? To be quite frank I don't know how you can look at that, look at what the article says and not say to yourself "this sounds ridiculous, maybe I should take this with a grain of salt" But hey that's just my two cents.

Everything this guy has done since Day One has been "ridiculous"- no President (Republican OR Democrat) has ever behaved in the manner he does......

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
YES!!! I KNEW IT! Check this out. I swear, people, get your shizzit ready. NOW!

Something beyond just the election cycle and loss of House going on now. Received reliable word that a “serious” scandal is being navigated by WH officials right now. Read more: newsflavor.com...

From here:

White House Insider

Thank you, jiberho

More of what I believe to be related
edit on 23-10-2010 by SourGrapes because: Edited to add links to other ATS topics that I believe are related (trying to 'connect the dots')
Another ATS Discussion: Related?
edit on 23-10-2010 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Maybe something about his birthplace- something they won't be able to cover-up anymore?
Just a guess......

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Who cares? He's the President. God forbid the guy actually live it up once in a while.

I knew we couldn't take this thread seriously when it says "Obama Cartel" in the title.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So then this is flagrant abuse of taxpayer money.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I feel like all presidents take these kinds of entourages with them. If Obama didn't have all the secret service agents, all the taste testers and personal chefs, the navy, etc, he'd probably be assassinated. Not even a joke... like literally, he would almost certainly be assassinated without the security. Same with George W, Clinton, Bush 1, and all other presidents in this age... the time of sitting in a roofless convertible and going through a crowded parade is done. This isn't him being extravagant and 'royalty', it's what he has to do to make this trip.

By the way, on the subject of "Why does he even need to take this trip anyway?" I bet if there was an article saying "Obama decides to attend conference via conference call" you all would say "Wow, that guy thinks he's so high and mighty he won't even go to the actual conference! What a royal jerk!" I think many are just looking for reasons to bash him. He's the President, he has to have this entourage, and he has to travel the world sometimes to do his job.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Who cares? He's the President. God forbid the guy actually do his job once in a while.

I knew we should take this thread seriously when it said "Obama Cartel" in the title.

Fixed it for you.
Sorry.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929...snip....

By the way, on the subject of "Why does he even need to take this trip anyway?" I bet if there was an article saying "Obama decides to attend conference via conference call" you all would say "Wow, that guy thinks he's so high and mighty he won't even go to the actual conference! What a royal jerk!" I think many are just looking for reasons to bash him. He's the President, he has to have this entourage, and he has to travel the world sometimes to do his job.

Aw c'mon. We already know he doesn't know how technology works... in spite of having an iPod and his youtube confessionals.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Aw c'mon. We already know he doesn't know how technology works... in spite of having an iPod and his youtube confessionals.

I'm not sure what argument you are trying to make by this comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join