It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coming of the Son of Man - a Response

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I started this as an initial reply to the thread now available here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But seeing as it went on for so long and will be missed by many I figured I would start it's own thread about it:

Well that is definitely a good scripture about prophecy that Jesus gave to his disciples before dying. But what does it mean?

Verses 4-14 are a composite sign that the we are in the "conclusion of the system of things" or the "last days" of this world. Notice, world, means wicked mankind, it does not mean the literal earth.

When a person sees all of the signs being fulfilled together as a composite sign, then they should be able to recognize the times and seasons. So what will be happening, on scales unprecedented in world history, and all at the same time? These verses show us that the following events would be happening in tandem with each other:

verse 4, 5: False Messiahs. There will be many people claiming to be the returned Christ, the Messiah. But we know not to listen to those false charlatans. For Jesus' return was to be as his leaving. As Jesus said later on in verse 27: "For just as the lightning comes out of eastern parts and shines over to western parts, so the presence of the Son of man will be." The sign of his return for all to see will be suddenly, and by means of supernatural portents in the heavens. He will not appear as some mere human talking a group of people here and there.

verse 6, 7: There will be wars, reports of wars (WWI and WWII begun these reports, wars on scales never before seen in world history, the start of this reporting began in 1914), there will be food shortages on unprecedented scales, and many earthquakes in one place after another.

verse 9: God's true witnesses on earth will be objects of hatred by people of all the nations and they will be persecuted and many killed because of the witness work they perform to Jehovah's name.

verse 11: False prophets would arise and mislead many people.

verse 12: There would be an increasing in lawlessness because the love of most people will have died away. We live in a loveless, fierce society, where me-first attitude prevails, and most do not love their neighbors, little alone their enemies.

verse 14: There will be a world-wide preaching work of unprecedented scale all throughout the tumultuous years of the last days. This preaching work will declare abroad the birth of God's Messianic kingdom in the heavens and be both a good news to meek-hearted ones longing for a peaceful government, and a message of judgment for wicked mankind who refuse or do not want to submit to theocratic rulership. All human government is opposed to God's heavenly kingdom, which will soon come and wipe out all vestiges of the political governments established on earth. Those who publish this message worldwide therefore are not tied to any political system of things, they are remain neutral as to political matters, and human warfare, aligning themselves with Jesus' kingdom. When you see the kingdom messages or the witness of Jehovah that go from door to door proclaiming this message you are seeing a striking fulfillment of Bible prophecy which directly indicates we are in the last days.

Now after this composite sign is fulfilled we know that the end is imminent. The "good news of the kingdom" has indeed been preached worldwide to all the inhabitants of the earth. The time left is reduced. What will soon happen Jesus now reveals. Paul tells us a striking prophecy that God's people are eagerly awaiting the fulfillment of for it will be the announcement of the following succession of events that will then unfold:

(1 Thessalonians 5:3) . . .Whenever it is that they are saying: “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape.

When this unprecedented cry of "peace and security" will happen is unknown, what exactly it entails, the Bible does not state. We simply wait with expectancy the fulfillment of this prophecy. It will undoubtedly be a unique cry of world peace and security that has never happened before. It will no doubt fool many people who are asleep spiritually. But those who have been enlightened and have been listening with their ears of discernment to the Bible prophecy will surely see this as the mark of the start of the great tribulation that will then unfold. For just as this unique cry for or of worldwide peace and security happens it will be obvious to all observant servants of Jehovah that the end of the last days will have arrived. And Jesus now tells us what will follow:

verse 15: The "disgusting thing causing desolation standing in a holy place" will have arrived.

We should digress a little. Most of this composite sign had an initial fulfillment in the first century. It has a worldwide fulfillment in this our day, but then it had an initial fulfillment. Jesus' disciples in Jerusalem realized the fulfillment of this prophecy when Cestius Gallus sieged Jerusalem in the year 66 C. E because of the revolt of different religious fanatical factions of the Jews, one of them being called the Zealots. Josephus writes of this period of history in depth in his "The Jewish Wars" as he was a first-hand witness of the events, and it is recommend that an astute observer and student of history read his works.

The "disgusting thing" in that time were the Roman pagan standards. The "holy place?" Although Jehovah had rejected the form of worship at his temple in Nisan 14, of 33 C. E. when the Jews put to death his son, the majority of them failed to recognize that, and thus they still considered his earthly temple to be holy. Thus when the Roman pagan standards of Cestius Gallus' army penetrated to the very temple of Jehovah in Jerusalem in 66 C. E. this prophecy had its initial fulfillment.

Jerusalem was surrounded and almost to the point of being destroyed by the Roman armies. So how were the observant Christians on the inside during this siege to avail themselves of Jesus warning prophecy and "flee to the mountains? History tells us that without a known reason as Cestius was undermining the very walls of the temple he picked up his armies and fled. The religious zealots took this as a sign that God was fighting for them and chased after them inflicting great losses on the Romans rear flank as they fled.

To the observant Christian now was the time to flee Jerusalem:

“Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,) 16 then let those in Ju‧de′a begin fleeing to the mountains. 17 Let the man on the housetop not come down to take the goods out of his house; 18 and let the man in the field not return to the house to pick up his outer garment. 19 Woe to the pregnant women and those suckling a baby in those days!

To the sleeping Jews who imagined that their form of worship still pleased Jehovah they took this as a sign of his blessing. Meanwhile the observant Christians, the converted Jews in Jerusalem who believed in God's son, took heed to his warning and fled the city and fled to the mountains of Pella. They no doubt had to leave everything behind. Their means of living, their businesses, their friends that were not Christian, their houses, their belongings. Jesus said to flee where one was standing.

A year passed, then two, then three. To Christians that began to lax their vigilance perhaps they returned seeing that nothing happened to Jerusalem. But oh what a folly! Jesus had already told them that:

"great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again" would unfold for the Jewish system of things. And sure enough Cestius Gallus was made Emperor and he sent his son General Titus back to Judea in 70 C. E., four years after his initial invasion and they totally destroyed Jerusalem, and its temple. Besieging Jerusalem in 70 C. E., they massacred over 1.2 million Jewish inhabitants found in the city, including any Christians that did not heed the warning. One of the greatest slaughters in recorded human history.

In this our day the greater fulfillment of Jesus' prophecy will be when the "disgusting thing" in the form of the United Nations that claims to represent the governments of the earth, as the hope of peace and security will stand in a "holy place." No doubt this will be when it turns on and rips apart hypocritical Christendom. Christendom is that part of false religion that claims to represent the Bible and it's God, but has been shown up to be a complete fraud. She is now dead spiritually and will soon receive destruction at the hands of the political paramours with which she has fornicated with for many hundreds of years.

The observant Christian, the true witness of Jehovah God will see the United Nations turning on and destroying Christendom when that cry of peace and security is announced. They will have to "flee to the mountains." Obviously as this is a worldwide event they will not be able to do this literally, rather it must be taken in a spiritual sense. They will clearly be seen to have separated themselves from the false religious holidays and dogmas of Christendom such as its Christmas and Easter, and its false religious teachings of a Trinity, and Immortal soul, the Hellfire doctrine that disgraces and shames God's good name, etc.

During this time in world history the world's rulers will give power to the United Nations to rip apart and destroy Christendom. No more will there be religious priests in their special garb, no more will priests officiate over the armies, no more where their be false religious holidays such as Christmas, Halloween, etc. No more will the Vatican exist, no more Pope, no more Bishops. Undoubtedly the religious clergy will be rounded up and imprisoned, and perhaps killed. It will be a very bloody and very violent time. The time of great tribulation will have arrived.

After the destruction of Christendom all worldwide false religion will then fall. No more Judiasm, Isalm, Hinduism, Paganism, Freemasonry, no more will false religion grace the face of the earth. The human rulers will unite to efface it of religion.

Then what will follow? Jesus tells us in detail now using the Greek word Tote, meaning "then." That is a succession of events that will follow one after the other in short period of time:

Verses 29, 30: “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”

After the fall of the worldwide Empire of false religion during the opening salvo of the great tribulation great signs and portents will follow. No doubt Jehovah’s Christian witnesses will turn their message from one of hope and salvation to one of doom and destruction. Followed by their worldwide proclamations by means of their preaching work Jesus will give a display of supernatural portents in the sky which no man will be able to ignore. Everyone alive will now know who is in the sky and they will tremble with great fear at the revelation of the son of man in great glory.

What does it mean that the sun and the moon will not give their light? Perhaps it will have a literal fulfillment, but no doubt, no doubt, the world’s luminaries, their religious leaders will be gone, and their political leaders, and commercial leaders, their stars? They will all simply go out and be of no saving value and humans turn to them for hope. Then they will be revealed to be the frauds and the deceptions that they are. The governmental rulers will not be able to stop what is about to unfold. The stock market will have crashed, worldwide economic crisis which has never been seen will plague mankind. The world’s scientists will not be a way out. All of them will simply fade away and all of their so-called knowledge will be revealed to be simply refuse, and nothing.

And then, and then…And then “the sign of the son of man” will appear in heaven. And the judgement day will have arrived.

The following will be a separating of people and a judging of them as sheep or goats.

The governments rulers in a last ditch attempt to defy God’s messianic kingdom will rally together at the behest of their invisible spirit ruler Satan, referred to Ezekiel 38 as Gog of Magog. Gog, or Satan, will band all the worlds armies and unite them to attack the only religion left alive at that time, that of pure worship, Jehovah’s witnesses, just as it prophesied:

(Revelation 16:14) . . .They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.

And then Armageddon will have arrived. And Jesus will lead a heavenly army of angels that will come to wipe out and destroy all wicked mankind and efface them from the very surface of the ground and then will be the fulfillment of the prophecy of Zephaniah:
(Zephaniah 1:14-18) . . .The great day of Jehovah is near. It is near, and there is a hurrying [of it] very much. The sound of the day of Jehovah is bitter. There a mighty man is letting out a cry. 15 That day is a day of fury, a day of distress and of anguish, a day of storm and of desolation, a day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick gloom, 16 a day of horn and of alarm signal, against the fortified cities and against the high corner towers. 17 And I will cause distress to mankind, and they will certainly walk like blind men; because it is against Jehovah that they have sinned. And their blood will actually be poured out like dust, and their bowels like the dung. 18 Neither their silver nor their gold will be able to deliver them in the day of Jehovah’s fury; but by the fire of his zeal the whole earth will be devoured, because he will make an extermination, indeed a terrible one, of all the inhabitants of the earth.”

And in that time everyone, everyone, everyone, at that time will then have to acknowledge the great name of Jehovah God:

(Ezekiel 38:21-23) . . .‘And I will call forth against him throughout all my mountainous region a sword,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. ‘Against his own brother the sword of each one will come to be. 22 And I will bring myself into judgment with him, with pestilence and with blood; and a flooding downpour and hailstones, fire and sulphur I shall rain down upon him and upon his bands and upon the many peoples that will be with him. 23 And I shall certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.’

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Calender

Brother, that is a masterful & fantastic breakdown of a rather complex subject. S&F. Of course, in this kind of expository piece, as impressive as it is, one can't be sure of all the details of how it's gonna exactly play out.

After lurking happily on ATS for 4 years, I have recently joined because my search for understanding everything from UFO's to One World Government led me to the startling conclusion that a faith I had once so vehemently rejected was actually a "fit" so perfect with the state of the world & its various mysteries that it actually satisfies Occam's Razor.

I believe, as I think you obviously do, that the time is ripe for all of us to write as compellingly as we can due to the events of Revelation starting to happen and that as such there are many who will now be able to more clearly discern the truth.

Again: Kudos!

edit on 22-10-2010 by The GUT because: clarification

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
nice breakdown, but something never stops bothering me about people who uses the Bible for stating predictions or what will or will not happen...

its a book wrote by men, long ago, and subsecuently changed by men to fit their needs, one should try to use best source possible, not just king james's...

just my opinion...

just to add... and god "loves us", that's why he what's to kill us, ok...
edit on 23/10/10 by Jim.Hero because: add remark

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The United Nations is going to attempt to destroy all of the worlds religions except for the Jehovas Witnesses? I would think if anyones religion is spared it would be the Amish. They already ran and hid. Thats all they seem to do from my perspective.

Anyways, although your thread was elegantly written, I believe its a little rough to say someone who spoke of non violence and universal love would come down from the sky to murder everyone who denies him. And not just that but one group of Christians in particular will be saved and after Christianity is wiped out... How does that work exactly?

You stated that those who are aligned with the kingdom of jesus, are neutral in all matters except spreading the word of the apocalypse. They must just try to witness? Like a man watching a woman being robbed perhaps. And then these people will be hated and perhaps murdered worldwide because everyone knows they are the true followers of Christ. I think if anything the shear act of remaining neutral in catastrophe will cause the hatred, not the religion.

A man once said 'If you are not part of the solution, you are a part of the problem.'
And that is how these people will be seen in the end times you speak of.

All of the worlds governments are against God? What about the entire middle east? Where religious doctrine rules the land. Or is it just because they aren't your particular faith?

To me the evil is spouting fear to win people to your cause. Because in the end you will be on the team who gets to commit genocide with Jesus! Yay genocide with Jesus! Sign me up, I thought I wanted to live my life full of love but if I'm guaranteed to get to murder the human race then screw it.

If this prophecy were believed this group, then why dont they spend all of their time building rockets to leave the earth with when this happens? Oh right, how would they commit genocide with Jesus?

Well written, S&F. But I don't buy it for a minute.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim.Hero
just to add... and god "loves us", that's why he what's to kill us, ok...
edit on 23/10/10 by Jim.Hero because: add remark

To the contrary God does not want anyone dead. Here are his words on the matter Jim:

(Ezekiel 18:23) . . .‘Do I take any delight at all in the death of someone wicked,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘[and] not in that he should turn back from his ways and actually keep living?’

He takes no delight in destroying anyone. He would rather they heed his warning when they are doing wicked and turn back and repent and thus remain alive. Is it any wonder that these last days have lingered on for so long? Why have they dragged on thus for so many years? Why has Jehovah tolerated wickedness to the extreme degree in mankind, seeing many horrible atrocities that pain him so? It is for this reason:

(2 Peter 3:9-10) . . .Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance. 10 Yet Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a hissing noise, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be discovered.

So he is not slow to destroy a wicked world because he is lingering, or as we may consider slowness. Rather he is patient with you because he desires all to attain to repentance. But do not let this escape your attention, Jehovah's day will come as a thief.

Many people have wondered if God is a God of love why he has allowed wickedness to go on for so long. Yet on the other side of the coin these same people cannot understand the loving act of God's destruction of wicked evil people so that the meek may live in peace. Yes it is a loving act on God's part to step in and destroy wicked mankind. It is both loving and just:

(Proverbs 2:21-22) . . .For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. 22 As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.

His patience with wickedness should not be abused. Now is the time to listen and to act. His patience will finally one day come to an end, and all those who oppose him will die. It is not something to be taken lightly or to scoff at. The righteousness and meek, the oppressed and the downtrodden await that day with eagerness. Not because they desire to see wicked people die, they too desire for them to repent, no wonder they go door to door and try to seek and explain to their neighbors what is at stake. Yet they yearn for the peace that will come with the establishment of Jesus kingdom rule over mankind. After the destruction of all bad people the peace on earth will be unprecedented. Yes, he will even raise the dead to life, he will heal the sick and the lame and the blind, and their will be abundant food and housing for all:

(Psalm 72:12-14) . . .For he will deliver the poor one crying for help, Also the afflicted one and whoever has no helper. 13 He will feel sorry for the lowly one and the poor one, And the souls of the poor ones he will save. 14 From oppression and from violence he will redeem their soul, And their blood will be precious in his eyes.

(Psalm 72:16) . . .There will come to be plenty of grain on the earth; On the top of the mountains there will be an overflow.. . .

(Psalm 72:7) . . .In his days the righteous one will sprout, And the abundance of peace until the moon is no more.

(Revelation 21:3-4) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

God never acts without first warning the people. He does not have to show such acts of undeserved-kindness, yet he does. And he still loves mankind so much. It is his hope that every last human avail themselves now of his warnings being sounded throughout the earth by his loyal witness on earth. And it is our earnest desire that you do so to.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If Jesus didn't show for World War one or Two or the Cuban missile crisis Id dare say he aint coming.No prophecy has ever been fulfilled by God only men copying for whatever maleavalent purposes,the Saints,the Angels dont exist brother all there is is the Wizard of oz,his warlocks and sorcerers,advanced technologies and black magic.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerForLight

I believe that my reply to Jim explains your question as to why a loving God will destroy wickedness and not tolerate violence and people who perpetuate violence for all times. He has established laws and orders in his universe, his tolerating rebellion for a few thousand years of human history does not mean that he will forever allow imperfection and hatred and violence and wickedness. It is holy just and righteous on God's part to get rid of evilness and badness so that the good and rightness may live on undisturbed in peace and happiness. This God promises to do. No wonder Jesus message of good news only appeals to the meek and righteous but is something abhorrent to the wicked ones, even as it was propheized it would be, a hope to the downtrodden, yet a message of vengeance and retribution for wicked mankind:

(Ezekiel 18:32) . . .“‘For I do not take any delight in the death of someone dying,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. ‘So cause a turning back and keep living, O YOU people.’”

(2 Thessalonians 1:6-9) . . .This takes into account that it is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for YOU, 7 but, to YOU who suffer tribulation, relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance upon those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength. . .

Do not miss the point. In order for universal peace, wickedness needs to be cut off. It is the only way that peace will come:

(Psalm 37:10-11) . . .And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. 11 But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Does any servant of God want wicked people to die? No. That is why they lovingly try to warn you about what is to happen. How do you listen to the message? Heed the advice of one wise psalmist:

(Psalm 141:5) . . .Should the righteous one strike me, it would be a loving-kindness; And should he reprove me, it would be oil upon the head, Which my head would not want to refuse. For still there would be even my prayer during their calamities.

It may be painful to listen to such a message when one is doing what is displeasing. But the humble one is receptive of the message and realizes that the blows of a righteous one are loving-kindness. Not that they wish to be forceful or hurtful with the message. But it is inevitable that when one is not doing what is right they will be wounded by listening to the truth of the matter. Examine your heart on this issue for God's word is able to penetrate even to your bone marrow and discern its intentions, for it is alive and exerts power:

(Hebrews 4:12) For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and [their] marrow, and [is] able to discern thoughts and intentions of [the] heart.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calender The "good news of the kingdom" has indeed been preached worldwide to all the inhabitants of the earth.

There is just one 'slight' problem with this.

It is not the Teaching of Jesus about the Doctrine of "resurrection"--specifically, that it is a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'--that has been "preached worldwide"; but, instead, the Egyptian-Pharisaical-Satanic doctrine of the physical raising of a dead body from the grave taught by Paul that has been "preached worldwide". (This, of course, is why the Pharisees wanted Jesus dead in the first place: he taught the Doctrine of "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth--affirming that John the Baptist was Elijah 'raised from the dead'--whereas the Pharisees taught the Doctrine of "resurrection" as the physical raising of a dead body from the grave in flagrant contradiction of the Revelations received by Isaiah and Daniel.)

This Satanic doctrine formed the basis of the pagan doctrine of "vicarious atonement", based upon the blasphemous 'deification' of Jesus as 'God', which led to the corresponding demonization of "the Jews" as Christ-killers, and the horrors 1500 hundred years of Christian anti-Semitism culminating in the horrors of the Holocaust.

And this very same Satanic doctrine is now the cause of not only the genocide between Jews, Christians and Muslims--Isaiah, Daniel and Mohammed also teaching the Doctrine of "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'--but, also, the florid psychotic delusions of both 'the Rapture' and the return of Jesus "on a white horse out of the sky".

In other words, all of the Teaching of Jesus has been completely replaced by the "strong delusions" of aPauline Christian theology.

Michael

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Good Job!

Interesting attitude.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Keep on keepin' on, man! I, for one, appreciate your willingness to answer the questions & your obvious gift for doing so. Peace.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Calendar,

I did much better just by reading Mat. Chap. 24: in the KJV Bible and I think you would too. The prophecy was given for our time, an application for their time yes but the fulfilllment is at hand. Great big long drawn explanations don't help, the scripture is plain enough for a 5 yr. old, don't need your theology. Keep it simple and don't get above what it says.

I will stick with the Truth of His Word.

Truthiron

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Right TruthIron,

The Holy Scripture is THE ONLY WAY for heartfulfillment.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Yeah I almost stood up and applaused until I got to the Jehovah's Witnesses part. I'll still give you an S&F though because as far as how anything will 'go down', it was better than most. And I agree with the other poster up there. The Amish have a better chance then the JW's and I'm not Amish.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

Jehovah's witness? I didn't read it that way, but I can be duh sometimes fo' sho!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

According to scripture, Lazarus was physically raised from the dead by Jesus.

Am I misunderstanding you?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Jehovah's witness? I didn't read it that way, but I can be duh sometimes fo' sho!

Yes, Iamnot is right.
The OP identified itself as JW about four paragraphs from the end ("the Jehovah's Witnesses will be the only surviving pure worship"), besides other giveaway phrases like "Jehovah God" and "human government" and "when they are saying 'peace and security'".

edit on 23-10-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Thanks then Disraeli and IAmNot. I thought Calender just preferred to use the name Jehovah. Still and all Calender, you are obviously very astute and I have benefitted from your thought process on alot of the issues addressed. Peace.

edit on 23-10-2010 by The GUT because: sp

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It is amazing to me, how many interpretations there are of something that is "perfect" in form, the Word. There has to be another way....

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

According to scripture, Lazarus was physically raised from the dead by Jesus.Am I misunderstanding you?

And what is his phone number, and where does he now live?

In other words, that was not any evidence in confirmation of the "resurrection" as defined by the Pharisees and Christian theologians.

Jesus also raised the daugher of Jairus from the dead; while Elijah also raised a widow from the dead.

And all of those people ultimately died again.

Those Miracles were for the purpose of demonstrating the Power of God, not for the purpose of providing evidence of any physical raising of a dead body from the grave, which is a PAGAN doctrine.

In any case, there would be no purpose whatsoever in raising a person from the dead again, only for that person to die again. Then what? Does that same body keep on being 'raised from the dead' forever?

It would be utterly nonsensical.

Michael

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Jesus was a pagan concept and as well a false prophet. Either way he's a lie.
I feel sorry for anyone who believes in Jesus.

Prophet

A true prophet sent by G-d will never preach a message contrary to even one of the Torah's precepts. If someone claiming Divine Inspiration, the Torah demands that this so-called prophet prove himself. In light of this, Jesus and Paul did some rather heinous things in their lifetimes. They completely vilified those who opposed their theologies, a crime from which stems two thousand years of Christian anti-Semitism. They did everything that a false prophet could do to loudly scream that he was false. Chapters 13 and 18 of Deuteronomy clearly define false prophets, and Jesus and Paul are the living incarnations of that definition.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join