It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Mechanical Sounds In The Clouds

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Oh as far as I know it was probably just a really close lightening strike, happened only once for me unless I slept through others.

I'm not so sure about the jet, but the main point is that the sound barrier was broken either way from whatever phenomenon it is.

But what baffles me is the intensity and length of the sound... which would tend to exclude any 'known' aircraft... and it would have to be a long bolt of lightening as well.

Not sure, am chalking this up to...

The Twilight Zone

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have been reading more and more about this subject since I saw this post last night and it is truly amazing some of the stuff that people are describing. It is literally happening all over the world. I do not know what it is but it intrigues me. This seems to be a huge unexplained phenomenon. People take this stuff seriously as well doing all kinds of research on the matter.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

This is EXACTLY what I heard but in broad daylight, Los Angeles (Santa Clarita)

There was NO rain or thunder at this point. It was cloudy but nothing else going on.,

EDIT to add: I was inside with all the windows and doors closed. Double paned, weather proof windows. I felt the vibrations first which caused me to open the door. We've had a lot of fires up here so I thought maybe it was water dropping copters again.

The last time we heard anything unusual was in May 2010 when a fighter jet cruised by chasing a ball of light. We could hear the after burners come on and off and our whole condo shook.
edit on 21-10-2010 by favouriteslave because: new info.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
reply to post by bluemooone2

This is EXACTLY what I heard but in broad daylight, Los Angeles (Santa Clarita)

There was NO rain or thunder at this point. It was cloudy but nothing else going on.,

EDIT to add: I was inside with all the windows and doors closed. Double paned, weather proof windows. I felt the vibrations first which caused me to open the door. We've had a lot of fires up here so I thought maybe it was water dropping copters again.

The last time we heard anything unusual was in May 2010 when a fighter jet cruised by chasing a ball of light. We could hear the after burners come on and off and our whole condo shook.
edit on 21-10-2010 by favouriteslave because: new info.

After what I seen out here, the day after I heared a big boom and the wife freaked and I ran out and seen a couple dudes out side looking up and I said, whats was that a jet and they said yup an f-fighter type and come to find out a few hours later 3 are stationed at the ontario cali, air port

edit on 21-10-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

They were chasing a "light" We heard it but were unable to see it. My cousin who WAS outside saw the entire chase which spanned west toward Ventura then back again over the San Gabriel Mountains. His wife is Hwy Patrol and was told the Sheriffs dept here in Santa Clarita got MANY calls about it. It's reported to MUFON and I reported it here but no one replied. You can search my posts to find it.

Here is my post

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-10-2010 by favouriteslave because: added link

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

Humm... March Airforce base is about 2 hours from me, I was told that the fighter jets were like just there at the ontario airport with no prior to that day I seen them here in ontario, CAL

Im maybe 2 or 3 hours from you

Wheres your local airforce base?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Edwards Air Force base, Palmdale CA.

We don't see much air traffic over us unless there is a show, mostly old war planes that pass over.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave

Edwards Air Force base, Palmdale CA.

We don't see much air traffic over us unless there is a show, mostly old war planes that pass over.

Huh...same with march airforce
I wonder why all-uh-sudden theres fighter jets parked at the commercial airport
mybe nothing

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Get some pics!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Did it sound like a floping sheet metal?
I've done welding jobs in the past and worked with sheet metal.

And I just heard that sound off in the distence obove in the sky...several times, kind of faint though?
weird I dint think I would hear anything from the sky

I know what a plane sounds like when slowing down for decend, because I live under the path for plains taking off from the Ontario, Cal airport and a decend path for plains headed twards LAX. sounded nothing like those.
the sound didnt move from the area it was coming from and not in any of the original paths for flight

Ontario airport
Original path for take off is going south when lift off and turnig in the direction of destination and heading west, too
The other path to LAX is from east to west

and the sound i heard was in the north east direction
edit on 22-10-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
You guys aren't used to storms are you? LOL! Nothing unusual if you live in the southeast, we hear it all the time. And see the sureal looking sky colors, clouds lighting up, purple, green, orange, ect. Lighting and thunder that rolls on and on. I would venture to say that although these types of storms and activity aren't new, they may be new to your area.

We haven't always had multiple tornados, but it is the norm now. Not unusual at all to spend the better part of a day waiting to be told to get in your basement or the center of your home. And sometimes day after day depending on the season.

I think that these storms are just not something you are used to seeing and hearing, the real question is why are you experiencing them now?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Hey, space cadet! Actually, I live in Louisiana, so storms are the norm for us too. This sound I am hearing is not like any thunder I have EVER heard. The flopping metal sheet description accurate. See some of my posts earlier in this thread. I cannot figure out what I am hearing. I am gonna try to record some of it the next time it happens.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
K you guys are freaking me out! On the 19th at nighttime, I too heard these sounds!

It was a big thunderstorm... but the thunder sounded really strange... Like others said, it sounded "fake."

It "thunder" went on for obnoxious periods of time, I literally was confused as to what the hell was going...

Very interesting that all over the world, many of us heard the same type of sound, an some of us it was during a thunderstorm. Very interesting!!

edit on 22-10-2010 by SolarE-Souljah because: to fix the date.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Weather Imagery

I found this explaining thunder if anybody is interested. Lots of site mirror the exact same thing but to me this one is easier to understand.

Just for S&G's I went on a quest for the longest "thunder clap" ever recorded and no such record seems to exist. I think thunder is out of the question. Living in the south storms are very frequent and I have heard thunder rumble in the distance which seemed to last a long time but they sounded nothing like what was posted in the videos.

With the link I posted in a previous post I have been studying some of those cases and it is amazing that some folks have heard these noises literally out in the middle of nowhere during a crystal clear night.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hey guys, I didn't mean to be off putting about what you are hearing, I just felt sure that maybe you were experiencing something that is new to the area but no neccesarily new. If you lived in the south then you know across the southeast storms are pretty scary, quite violent, and the lightning is mesmerizing. I find it very hard to 'stay out of windows and doorways' as directed by the national weather center, I cannot stop watching the lightning! The storms around here seem to be becoming much more intense year after year, with some of the freakiest lightning ever. Thunder here can make you jump right out of your seat, and it rolls on and on after a good clap of it. My grandfather used to tell us that it was God bowling, now when I hear it, that is what it reminds me off, a very loud bowling ball rolling slowly down the lane.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I'm not sure about the date , but AROUND that date, in Southern Indiana, I remember I was cooking in the kitchen with my Roommates mom. It wasn't stormy out, although it did look like rain. Cloud building, etc. Nothing special. Then We heard a Loooong thunder rumble that lasts for about a minute. I remember saying "Is that ever going to end?" and walked out to see what it may be, because I'd never heard thunder like that. Saw nothing out of the ordinary. I ran across this thread (and the other one as well) and it all came back to me. if its the same day, it's very odd. It's one thing that it happened in one location, but several?
That youtube of the guy recording the sound is very similar but not exact.

Someone get the needs to call "The Oz" ( or whatever his name is, the weatherman here on ATS.)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
i live in santa clarita as well, good to see more members on here, wish i heard it

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Last night, laying in bed with the window open, I heard a sound that reminded me of a train horn.
My window faces into an alley-way of brick, so I can sort of distinguish the direction the sound was coming from. It seemed like it was coming from above, rather than from the road or from behind my house.

Following this sound was a very spooky noise that I could only describe as "organically mechanical."
It lasted maybe 3-5 seconds, but it was very unsettling, border-line frightening. I actually refused to go outside to investigate, that's how spooked I was.

Might've just been my imagination or maybe a truck. Anyway, just figured I'd share.
edit on 25-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Obviously sumthing weird is up there in those storm clouds if a lot of ppl r describing the same sounds. And no its not normal. We r not children so u cant tell us thats what thunder is supposed to sound like. We've all heard thunder before and if theres sumthing out of the ordinary like mechanical noises or fake sheet metal sounds then there is sumthing up there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join