It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allegheny County, Pennsylvania UFO sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hello,
This is my first thread and I am excited to document here the unexplained I have seen since 1992/3 up until more recent times. I invite all who have any knowledge or sightings of there own to add information. Please refrain from any negativity towards the believers I know will come forward.

In 1992 or 93 (cant be 100% sure) I was sitting in the front room when I heard what sounded like steady thunder rumbling or a helicopter accompanied by my dog barking..who was leashed just outside the door. I went outside and stood there in awe for 10-15 seconds as the ship disappeared below the tree line. Concealed by the tree line is the Allegheny River and part of the Allegeheny Ludlum steel plant. Also very close by(just up the hill) is the Alesco park. It was recently redone into baseball fields. Alesco park is a confirmed nuclear waste sight and I have seen research about ufos connected with nuclear matter.

I feel as though I would not believe in stuff like this if I didnt see what I saw so I can understand the position of a skeptic. Living in todays world of materialism and lies its hard to get back to realizing we are not of this planet.

Needless to say, I keep my head up and am always looking for something else to give me answers. Im very well educated on the shapes and flight patterns of helis and planes alike as the location of my town sees ALOT of air traffic.

I have talked with a witness of a little known happening in Fawn Township on January 25, 1973. A woman who lived nearby only heard a rumbling sound and strange lights on top of what is now known to many off road enthusiasts and very near Pine Hill(visible from route 28,extensively mined area). The area was fenced off and had heavy military presence for what she said was months. After the military left and the area was explored a supposed circle burn spot was seen. That story along with www.ufodna.com... is the only information I can find. Does anybody have any knowledge of this?

Over the years I have seen unexplainable red orbs and the widely reported triangle ship. I have heard accounts of these red orbs from many locals so Im feeling as though more people have to come forward...hopefully here.

Thanks for reading,

Drew

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Flag fer you....i hope this thread will expand with some back up....
Id be interested to hear a better description of what you witnessed near the steel plant that night.
A sketch even....?
thanks ....

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DrewD2

DrewD2, here is a link to what I have experienced this year that I dont mind sharing. I am located within your area as well.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have seen a few UFO's before, one that I saw going over the taconic state parkway in NY was actually featured on an unsolved mysteries episode! What are they, I do not know, nor will I pretend to. Could have been aliens from another planet, or a different dimension, or a secret craft, I have no idea. They were all amazing experiences though, that I know for sure.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrewD2
I have talked with a witness of a little known happening in Fawn Township on January 25, 1973. ...That story along with www.ufodna.com... is the only information I can find. Does anybody have any knowledge of this?
You're right, that must be little known, as I never heard of it before.

The link you provided has many, many incidents on it, perhaps this link will save someone the trouble of searching through that document, it goes right to the summary:

www.ufodna.com...

100+ reports of same UFO.

A cigar-shaped object was observed. One cigar-shaped object was observed by numerous witnesses for four hours.

Hynek rating: NL: Nocturnal Lights

Source:
Gordon, Stan
Westmoreland County UFO Study Group (PA)
With over 100 reports you can be sure they saw something unusual. But it's interesting this is the only source about this incident, I also tried to find other sources but couldn't.

Too bad project blue book ended in 1970 or they might have at least have more data recorded about it.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses. 2 flags already? Uhh Id be curious to know what they said...must have not been important

stirling-Ive never sketched it but the image is fresh in my brain...so for the believers here I will absolutely put it to paper, with the hope of finding others who saw the same.

Im sorry I didnt give a description in the first post. I was as mentioned REALLY excited to get this thread started so I had just rushed through my 20 posts needed to start one...and left out some important information it seems

Simple really- It had the appearance of the classic disc shaped saucer(made of a silverish metal) with a ring of lighted windows around it. The lights having a yellowish tint. I have never seen something this size hovering in the air so I dont know what to compare with. Surely bigger than a house. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! Also when it went below the tree line, the rumbling stopped and I quickly went inside to let my 7/8 year old brain ponder. I was scared...thats really all else I remember about what happened after. My mom was in the kitchen close by and did hear the rumble...but thats all she can help.

Ophiuchus 13-thanks for that thread and overall support. When you say "dont mind sharing" I am assuming you mean you have some original ideas in your head that you fear would invoke too much criticism from readers?..who might say your 'crazy'? If Im following correctly then I feel like we could have some conversation about things I know true but too far out for most. I feel as though everything going on in my life is part of a bigger scheme and all the dots are being connected. With your knowledge being another part of the puzzle...you also mention our closeness in proximity which I feel significant. We also have similar interests as I have been completely consumed with bible study/theolgy and the ufo connection. Were you aware that theres still KJV bibles around from the 1600's? for sale online? I was amazed when I found them and can barely imagine what life was like in those times. I long for a simpler life, that I no doubt had in another time. Video games just saw there way out as I started to realize the real life negativity going on in them. But with the new COD black ops coming out Im feeling tempted, for sure. MUST. FIGHT. TEMPTATION. LOL

TKDRL-Im glad you saw what you saw. Id be curious to find what episode that was on? Im not big into watching ufo tapes b/c of the huge amount of hoax's. Maybe one day I'll find the patience to sift through some.

Thanks all and keep the knowledge flowing!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Arbitrageur-thanks for your response and more direct link. I noticed your avatar before in other threads and have seen a similar picture many times over the years...love it.

I find the lack of information interesting as well...but seems to make it clear the government plays a role.

project blue book? Im not sure what that is but Im assuming it has to do with a branch of the government in charge of lies?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
my family has 65 acres near allegheny county in pa and ive seen orbs blast of into space twice now this summer with several family members. and this is only a a spot where the family camps during the summer so im only there for a week or so several times through th spring and summer.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DrewD2

Sadly, they didn't use any real footage, but made CGI version based on the eyewitness testimony of those they interviewed.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
subliminalsubconcious-

65 acres? thats very cool. I dont think you need allllllll that. Lemme get an acre
hahaa

If it seems like its happening often in a spot you know of...PLEASE invest in a video camera and post here. I for one would be grateful. Also an infrared scope attachment might be of some help.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is my first post!!!
Just replying to a fellow 'Yinzer'
Sorry if you already know about this or if it was already posted.
www.youtube.com...

i have read on another site that here on ATS they don't much like this lady....
i think she is interesting.

BTW-i will take an acre too!!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jivetalkin

hahah alot of people probably dont know what your talking about! basically Instead of a conversation going like:

Hey,How are you all doing?
OR
Hey,How are ya'll doing? (as it seems the norm everywhere BUT this Pittsburgh area)

We would most likely say:

Hey! How yens/yinz doin? its definitely different....LOL You say soda,I say pop.

I did see her stuff and am especially interested in- www.youtube.com...
where it mentions seeing these above Natrona Heights. I commented on the video late last night and am currently searching ebay for some night vision and infrared gear.

Ok Subliminal, listen I dont need an entire acre. I'll take .5 acre...you give another .5 to jivetalkin and BAM a little spending money in your pocket...huh? What do you think?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Oh and I also wanted to comment on her getting bashed all over the net. Its my understanding that most of her grief comes from the belief that she was seen shining lazers into the sky at passenger planes or a heli. Never happened. Its my belief that she saw an orb and was trying to make some sort of contact...or see what the reaction would be? Im not 100% sure. I dont know her...but I would be excited to check out her camera setup AND meet a lady who seems to be as dedicated to finding truth as I am. I would think most here would think the same but it seems this forum FILLED with haters as well...which i to be expected from people who have never seen.

KEEP LOOKING UP

edit on 18-10-2010 by DrewD2 because: add

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Ok, heres the sketch. This may only prove I have a sense of humor but so be it. I have never attempted to draw it before...nor am I an artist. The shape is right on...the middle strip of lights/windows? is the best I could depict. It was dark out. The silverish metal had some texture to it and the lights had a glow to them.

Just now do I finally have the guts to talk with strangers about this...I kick myself for never asking any of my neighbors if they remember. Yeah uhh Hey, do you remember that day in 92/93 when the space ship came by? I saw it, yeah it looks like this.

Maybe...minus the picture showing

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Found an interesting link that helped me connect even a few more dots.

ufos.about.com...

I worked at this same hospital since age 16. Its a very old building that Ive seen nearly every room. Yes, every room. I worked in dietary/nutrution for 2 years through high school, then as a Nurses assistant/aide as I was in school to become a nurse. Many things led to me only finishing 9 months of that training but not important. I continued to work as an aide up until 2007 when

I have first hand spoke with what I consider respectable all who happen to be RN's and in close contact with death quite often, who claim to have seen spirits with the appearance of reapers, cats and people they didnt know. AND hearing numerous storys from patients of seeing things.(of couse could be attributed to the precription meds) BUT I think theres something to this.

I have just attempted to get into contact with a woman who told me of "people who were hundred of years old". I didnt go into it much with her at the time, partly because I was ignorant of what I now know. But I did ask her if she was serious. She was. I will keep you posted on that.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hey, its getting lonely in here! I had assumed more people would be skywatching than just me

Anyways, I spent two hours looking at some very strange lights last night. Here are some new reports to MUFON as of last night....describing exactly what I saw...coming from people that live very close to me.

on Mufon.com site...

Glassport, Pa:
mufoncms.com...

Norvelt, PA (up by Mt. Pleasant-ish area):

mufoncms.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrewD2
project blue book? Im not sure what that is but Im assuming it has to do with a branch of the government in charge of lies?
Bluebook was a US air force project to try to identify UFOs.

Their most infamous identification was the "Swamp Gas" explanation, but that was rare. More commonly they identified things as weather balloons, and of course there were many skyhook balloons launched but people got so tired of seeing that explanation they jokingly accused the Air Force of using a UFO identification chart like this one:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1c035530a43.jpg[/atsimg]

Pretty funny! But even if you might not want to trust their conclusions, Blue Book does have data about UFOs before about 1970 when they ended it, so your 1973 incident missed it by 3 years. But anything you run across in the future about pre-1970 incidents may have records in Blue Book so if you're having trouble finding information about a case in that time frame, they may have something on it, so you may want to bookmark it for future reference:

www.projectbluebook.us...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Years ago when I was either 7, 8, or 9 yrs old, I witnessed a UFO in my back yard when I was playing on my swing set with my younger sister. So this happened back in 1993 to 95, I can't remember exactly. I lived in Fawn Township, Pa on Bull Creek Rd. It was a nice day, so I'm assuming it was spring or summer. My little sister and I were in our back yard swinging on our swing set (like everyday) and I felt the urge to look up! I looked up and BAM! There was a round THING with one row of lights around the outside of it! It was just hovering right above the tree lines over top of us! It was SO close to us and yet I would've never known if I didn't look up! I didn't hear anything, it was completely silent! (And yes, I can't tell the difference between THAT and an air balloon, helicopter, etc!) I was in complete shock and grabbed my little sister (swinging beside me) telling her what I saw and we both ran up into our club house (connected to the swings)! My little sister never looked up and I'm guessing it was because of the frightened look on my face! We hid inside the clubhouse in a corner hugging each other scared to death! We waited there forever because we were too afraid to see if it was gone! Finally when it started to get dark, we looked out and seen it was gone and BOLTED to our house! I told my dad what I saw and of course he didn't seem too believe it... After that happened, I seemed to forget about everything that happened that day. Years later, about 6 yrs ago, aliens got brought up and like a light switch, I remembered what I saw back when I was little! I started thinking maybe it was just a dream because I couldn't understand how I could just forget about something so frightening! Then I called my sister that was there with me that day and she said, nope It wasn't a dream! She remembered all of it! But kinda like me, forgot about it all until it was brought up. So now I'm just at a place were I'm really confused. I don't know what to make of it all! I don't know why that thing was hovering over us! And I don't know why and how I forgot about it until a few yrs ago! And I've never seen anything like that since that day!

new topics

top topics

join