It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why McDonald's Happy Meal Hamburgers Won't Decompose ~ The Real Story Behind The Story

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlitomoore
Are you kidding? A PEPPER? How does that prove/disprove in any way shape or form that processed and/or fast food is good for you?

Why do you even try? In order to make a concise response you may need to actually read the quoted material and view the source itself. Chipotle is a fast food chain here in the states.

And I never mentioned Supersize me, which you have countered with Fat Head.

No, but plenty of others have as supporting evidence that McDonalds food is extremely unhealthy.

How can you believe any of these videos? They could be doing anything off camera in order to gain/lose weight and falsify their findings. Both are meant to be provocative and to make money!

Supersize me was an attempt to make money. Fat head was an attempt to uncover the lies about supersize me. The latter showed that eating sensibly at McDonalds can improve an unhealthy person's health. Tom Naughton hardly made a dime off of that documentary.

You see, I don't just "believe these videos", I watch them and make an informed decision regarding their validity. Spurlock was grossly and forcefully overeating well beyond the caloric intake of what most people can handle. He repeatedly blamed McDonalds for forcing people their foods and he repeatedly blamed fatty/fried foods as the main reason for his weight gain.

Naughton ate fat laden burgers and chicken strips, and avoided the fries and sugary drinks. He kept carbohydrate consumption to under 100g a day. He ate sensibly and lost weight. And, although he was eating tons of fat he still improved his blood lipids, blood sugars and BMI.

How do I know he wasn't fudging the results or deceptively eating other foods behind the scenes? Because it makes sense, dietarily speaking.

The obesity crisis has not been understated, just take a look around you! Look a the condition of the health of most of the worlds population!

Don't get me wrong, the obesity has run rampant and is now spreading throughout the UK. However, obesity rates are very much overestimated and sensationalized. The main culprit is BMI. According to the BMI...Arnold Swarchenegger was obese during his competitive days.

Do your own experiment, and see how you feel and report back to us.

I've done plenty of experiments...but my personal anecdotes are irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

"PJ" began the year at 79.5kg, but on a diet of burgers, chips and pizza - his record is four large pizzas, or 810g of fat, in one meal - he now tips the scales at 120kg.

What's the point of this article? It has nothing to do with fast-food or McDonalds? It does, however, prove that you can forcefully stuff calories down your throat and gain weight.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

From the article you linked:

"I really believe that fat is a drug that should almost be banned.

"Talk about drugs of dependence, fat is a drug of dependence."

I guess models are idiots after all. This is absurdity. He should be banned from talking...

Fat is a necessity. And gym instructors should stick to spin classes and refrain from giving nutritional advice.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Don't get me wrong, the obesity has run rampant and is now spreading throughout the UK. However, obesity rates are very much overestimated and sensationalized.

well, man, what is your certain point?
problem is just Nothing, fearmongering?
however, ans me, please, why should fattie wallets not consume that stuff? why should obese rate increase in only areas where crap-food came in? oh, that's just coincidence, right?
www.uicc.org... www.mrc.ac.uk...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

I really wish it were easier to understand your posts.

Pima indians didn't become extremely obese and diabetic because of fast food. Alaskan Inuit didn't become fat and disease ridden because of fast food. I can go on and on naming examples.

*DISCLAIMER* I try not to eat McDonalds and other similar fast food joints. Most of the choices on their menus are not healthy. I believe that fast food joints certainly contribute to the "obesity epidemic" by providing extremely unhealthy foods for pocket change. However, they are not causing it by any means. You still have the choice to eat their or not. And you still have the choice to pick foods that do not promote obesity (if you're educated enough to know).

Their's a reason why obesity and diabetes are extremely prevalent among the poor.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I try not to eat McDonalds and other similar fast food joints.

wuh, we got crucial moment that you suppose fast food is crap per se

You still have the choice to eat

why should you have poured out so too long posts to enlighten so short Idea?

And you still have the choice to pick foods that do not promote obesity (if you're educated enough to know).

man, you have had chemical lab to analyze stuff, haven't you?
of course, stuff can be tested upon animals/insects, however, it may take more time

Pima indians didn't become extremely obese and diabetic because of fast food. Alaskan Inuit didn't become fat and disease ridden because of fast food. I can go on and on naming examples.

give me statistics, please

edit on 23-10-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

aje.oxfordjournals.org...

Diabetes Incidence was 19 times that in the predominantly white population of Rochester, Minnesota (95% confidence Interval, 16 to 22 times).

en.wikipedia.org...-NMSU-3

They have the highest prevalence of type 2 diabetes in the world, much more than is observed in other U.S. populations. While they do not have a greater risk than other tribes, the Pima people have been the subject of intensive study of diabetes, in part because they form a homogeneous group

There's no need to include all fast food joints under one umbrella. I generally avoid McDonalds because of the carb heavy menu...not because it's pure crap.

And stop misquoting me...and quoting me out of context. You're smarter than that.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

man, let's cross all our t's
i've Never argued that diabetes has hella many factors to appear, but, if i'm not wrong, we have talked a little different subject, epidemic obesity, am i?
situation about that question has been completely hung in the air. look, we got following facts: problem has grown up to catastrophic scale w/o any promises to be stopped; we know state-of-the-art food production uses rivers of chemical cocktail along whole process; we know the World had no had that trouble before chemical "good innovations" took a place. Just a Logic & Nothing more at all
+ not to mention we got yet another dangerous innovation GMO.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

by the way, your example is curious
yes, that ethnic group has no had problem with obesity, however, different genetics can respond in not similar ways to the same

-----------
add: you tricked me about their obesity

edit on 23-10-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

No no no

Genetics doesn't explain the observations. For example, the Pima were in great health and in great physical shape BEFORE they began consuming government rations.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

Yes. You're proving my point. Thanks.

By the way, those too links are exactly what I was referring to.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Yes. You're proving my point. Thanks.

so, your words:

Pima indians didn't become extremely obese and diabetic because of fast food.

if you did read cautiously, you would take notice of:

Over the next twenty years, the prevalence of obesity and diabetes among the Pima continued to rise, now coincident with a change in the foods distributed by government agencies and sold on the reservation trading posts. By the late 1950s, according to the Indian Health Service in Tucson, “large quantities of refined flour, sugar, and canned fruits high in sugar were being distributed widely on the reservations, courtesy of a surplus commodity food program run by the US Department of Agriculture. When mechanization of the local agriculture industry brought a cash economy to the Pima, the local stores and trading posts “started to carry high caloric pre-packed sweets, such as carbonated beverages, candy, potato chips, and cakes”. “Soda pop is used in immense amounts” as a 1962 study described.
----------
blog.zeroinginonhealth.com...

how'd it prove your point?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

........and nothing in that post refers to fast food (meaning fast food restaurants).
edit on 24-10-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

........and nothing in that post refers to fast food (meaning fast food restaurants).

well, we desperately need to determine crucial aspect of fast food: first & foremost, fast food is production of minimal costs. in fact, gov. has supplied Pima with absolutely priceless crap -- in other words, Pima is AMAZING EXAMPLE how gov. has cared after Society to heal poverty... that's pure GENOCIDE!
edit on 24-10-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Though we are at odds with most things on this thread, I have to agree with you on this post. I apologise for not reading and understanding the info you posted on Chipotle, I was a fool.

It is also true what you say about BMI and how ludicrous it is. I can't believe after all our posts, I still can't determine where you stand? We seem to agree on the overall picture but disagree on all the facts. If thats the way it must be, so be it.

I applaud you for defending yourself thus far and Sarkoy as well, though I do to find it difficult to decipher the message he is trying to get across.

I would still like someone else to join in the discussions here, instead of just saying 'I always new that stuff was bad for you'.

Hopefully we can turn this into a good source of information for people to learn from instead of just bickering between ourselves.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You're no fool. Go easy on yourself. It's just frustrating to see large corporations profit from the poor dietary choices of the uninformed. What's even more frustrating is seeing people make dietary choices of which they think ARE healthy, based on dietary guidelines, when, in fact, they're destroying their health. And then they wonder why they can't lose weight or improve their blood sugars or reverse atherosclerosis.

I've had a few main points from the beginning...

1) The title of this thread and the article within it are misleading. And while McDonald's food may not be the highest of quality, it's not the only restaurant selling crap and there are indeed choices on the menu that can yield healthy results.

2) Fast-food restaurants are not created equal.

3) Processed foods aren't created equal.

It's too easy to say that fast food is the problem. And while fast food does contribute, it's not the driving factor by any means. All one needs to do is look around the world at the numerous populations that experience obesity (Inuit), stroke (Japanese), heart disease (Australian Aboriginals), diabetes (Pima) and cancer (various westernized African tribes) that simply don't have access to fast-food restaurants.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

It's too easy to say that fast food is the problem.

main causes are laid into ideology of endless profit, any crap has been done just to pluck yet another cent out, no scientific methods have been applied to rule economy. countries only have cultivated more & more the wrong-educated jobless... keep that tendency & 22nd century will be Stone Age
interest info after Japan.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
mcdonalds+orgasm= cancer

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
reply to post by Zot Twady

Yes, seriously. A chipotle bowl with minimal rice, lots of fajita veggies, chicken aand steak....and topped off with cheese and guacamole. That is a pretty damn healthy meal.

....when did smell dictate a healthy choice? (honestly, I love the smell of chipotle)

Oh yeah, damned healthy, just like any fast food?
I mean, a cheese burger is just meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, bread, etc. right?
That's all good for you right?

have you considered where these "healthy" ingredients come from?
How they're processed, seasoned, stored and prepared?

Is all meat the same? ...veggies? ...cheese?

Maybe if you did some basic research on the development, production, and deployment of these so-called "healthy" fast foods, you'd have a different outlook.
I do not eat fast food at all...I can smell it, and it smells bad, it reminds me of melting plastic and sickness.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join