It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enormous Ring is Developing on the Sun!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobody you know

This thing is pointed directly towards Earth! Look at it.

And everything else that rotates 360 degrees around the Sun?

I'm not saying it's not a threat. But, there's no basis to think that whatever this may be is an imminent threat to Earth.

There's a reason why the ring is perfectly centered in the picture. It's because, during our rotation, it was the perfect time to capture the phenomenon.
edit on 17-10-2010 by tyranny22 because: (no reason given)

link   
I once thought that we were the reflection of the real universe that was taking place through the eye in which we were reflecting off of. As if we are the mirror on the retna, and that the real, reality is through the sun, which is actually an eye, to a larger being.

This ring just reminds me of that thought.

Anyone?
edit on 17-10-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
M class flare:

www.spaceweather.com...

Pretty interesting info on it there.

Yeah I'd noticed that to earlier to,
It has been a few months since we saw one in M

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nobody you know

It kinda looks to me like the sun likes Halloween.
It is trying to make a pumpkin face

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I was just waiting for the onslaught of doom and gloomers with the whole end of the world on october 20th. didn't take long once it was posted that the cme would arrive on the 20th. i only wish i lived much further north to be able to see the light show.

Read the clip from spaceweather on the amazing stuff that you lived through to tell about.

COMPLEX ERUPTION ON THE SUN: On August 1st, the entire Earth-facing side of the sun erupted in a tumult of activity. There was a C3-class solar flare, a solar tsunami, multiple filaments of magnetism lifting off the stellar surface, large-scale shaking of the solar corona, radio bursts, a coronal mass ejection and more.

Spaceweather - August 3, 2010

The sun is just going to do what the sun does, we have no control. So sit back and enjoy the show!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

Had an earthquake in Victoria AU today..lol
Dose that count for anything?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

You must've missed my Jack Daniels solar wind preparation plan.

We could go underground for a few months...if we had the coin that those that bought condos underground do. Even a backyard bunker could do some good.

I dont so I will have to live out my last days sitting at my computer watching the black hole sun wash away the rain.
edit on 17-10-2010 by maluminse because: black hole sun wont you come and wash away the rain.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The sun is unpredictable at the best of times, I would trust a word of it..........

I'm pretty sure whatever that is in the pic though isn't going to erupt into a global communication killing CME, just a bit of a storm on its surface, which will most likely stay on its surface

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nobody you know

well my mom was a huge medium and psyhic , but nobdy knew it and she kept everything to her self .

she said just a few days before she passed away that the end of planet earth as we know her will happen before way before the expected date of 2012 . this may be the big warning sign or as i say it could be nothing but it deff is worth keeping a close eye on.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Whats is that right now?!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have no scientific evidence to prove my claim...

I believe the cirlce is the beginning of the sun's process in pushing out the coronal hole. If the filaments which liie on the circumference of the cirlce collapse it could potentially hurdle the entire contents of the cirlce our way

Let's hope 1112 makes it East before it has any negative effects

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khurzon
reply to post by maluminse

Wow! Soungarden!
Nice mix of a little live in there. * thumbs up *

............................"Anubis Awaits"............................

Bleeding lies the bloated feast.
Red rivers run from west to east.

Rings of fire beyond my sight.
Black and white on left and right.

And the iron doors shall close... I scream and run away...
Today shall wilt the rose... My lips speak words I cannot say...

Jupiter cries from the skies.
Venus turns her head and sighs.
Siblings of the lower caste, sacrifice the human race.

And the Iron doors shall close... I scream and run away...
Today shall wilt the rose...My lips speak words I cannot say...

Shines black the moon to crack the sky, and on this day then shall I die.
When will the terror end my flight, and block my way back to the light.

Beyond the earth, beyond the sky, beyond all time I see me fly.
Anubis awaits with eager eyes...
Black moonlit skies... up on high...black moonlit skies!

The iron doors have closed... new world is born today...
the silence now foreclosed... salvation has it's say...

.................................................................................................

AWESOME. Seriously. Excellent. Coudnt fit any better in this discussion. The big steel doors remind me of the US gov bunker doors closing.

Really a good poem. I cant believe it didnt take first.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

I see the jump but you will have to explain what this graph is what it means, how long the time interval is. Please.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
its giving birth ,

thats how planets are made.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by maluminse
reply to post by cushycrux

I see the jump but you will have to explain what this graph is what it means, how long the time interval is. Please.

Suns current X-Ray Flux

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
docs.google.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Kinda looks like a spiral now....the sun is pretty amazing...
edit on 17-10-2010 by breakonthrough9 because: embed image

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

There is enough chemtrails
in our skies to protect us from a CME of epic
proportions.

Priceless Boon!

Thanks for the AM laugh!
It is really good to have our members chime in on these occurrences, and sort out the fluff.
edit on 17-10-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: addition

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Apparently the sun can cause a rise in our consciousness! I think this could be what the Mayan prophecies are getting at, let's hope so anyway instead of the doom n gloom that people will inevitabley predict.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
There isn't really any "ring" developing. There are two (at least) quite separate filaments which can be seen more clearly in the 193nm image.

In any case, filaments do not really produce very strong CMEs and they don't connect to each other.
solar.physics.montana.edu...

edit on 10/17/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Stated as if it were fact, that these are "filaments",created by random magnetic fields, and the fact that they appear almost in a ring means nothing.

Almost every time they observe the sun, "scientists are baffled" by what they see. This is because the theories have not progressed much past the "campfire in the sky" theory, just substituting a theoretical "fusion" which has never been observed in any way, or created in a lab. The quoted article here states "The birth and death of filaments is a mystery and the subject of ongoing study by solar scientists." These so called scientists, much like your supposed "expert" above, have no idea what they are looking at, and just make things up. The article further states filaments and prominences are the same thing, and are created by magnetic fields that just unexplained exist at random, in a "ball of gas" that is "heated up by its own gravity". Saying they are a mystery is admitting they have no idea and are just arbitrarily coming up with explanations to make the observations fit their theories, instead of the other way around. Sometimes these "magnetic fields" make "filaments" that turn into "prominences" and then even into Coronal Mass Ejections, sort of like huge burps out of the Sun. CMEs are another thing that "astronomers are baffled" by all the time. Current accepted theories have no explanation for what they are or what causes them.

Magnetic fields are created by electric currents. This is a fact. There is no other observed way of creating a magnetic field, other than a permanent magnet. However, magnetic fields just floating around in space, and on the surface of the Sun, are just assumed, without asking about the cause of them. Hmm.

This could be making this ring shape because we are effectively looking down the barrel of a cannon, as a large CME is forming. CMEs have been observed that would have incinerated planets out to the orbit of Mars, but just happened to be pointing the other way at the time. At ANY TIME this could happen and just by bad luck happen to be pointed right at us when it does. This could be what happened to Mars to explain why it is a barren wasteland with no atmosphere. There could have been millions of years of advanced civilization on Mars suddenly eradicated completely by a CME, burning away any trace.

Even if a large CME coming our way was observed, it will definitely NOT be reported in the media. Most CMEs aren't that strong and at worst would screw up communications. If there were a huge, planet burning sized one coming, some fatcats will find out and try to retreat to their underground bunkers, and count on the seed vault at the Arctic Circle to revive agriculture, but it won't save them. There will be no point in telling the world, just cause a day or two of panic and everyone gets roasted either way.

The Earth is eight light minutes from the sun. A CME does not travel at the speed of light, so there usually will be a day or two of warning. There have even been CMEs observed arriving to the Earth in 30 minutes, another thing that baffled scientists who find it unable to be shoehorned into their theories.

thunderbolts.info...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Gravity
Apparently the sun can cause a rise in our consciousness! I think this could be what the Mayan prophecies are getting at, let's hope so anyway instead of the doom n gloom that people will inevitabley predict.

So you think that the Mayans Doomsday prophecy had to do with the sun? How so? Is the sun "refreshing" or restarting a cycle or what?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join