It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor: Hoax

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

I know, I know. Force of habit to call idiocy when I see it, no matter how forgotten. This thread was referenced in another (several...actually) sites and people were basically using it as "proof" that this man was real.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
John Titor.

Note the Cigar in the laser pictures linked below.

SMALL - niytowl.home.comcast.net...

LARGE - niytowl.home.comcast.net...

I'm sure you've seen this video from Where is John Titor - Skip to 3:30 - don't listen... watch. < Cigar >

Here's the video link: www.youtube.com...

Now....

Go back to video and pause at 8:00 ... bottom left is the brother - compare.

Not sure if he smokes Cigars too or if this was for effect or if it actual is the other brother ... but:

s1218.photobucket.com...

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Krillex

Your reply does not prove anything. You're simply assuming it's a cigar, but it can be anything. A thick pen, a lser device, something we can't know, a scientific device. The cigar shape can easily be a coincidence.
Brother's frame in the video is no where close to being compared with the laser picture either, which is too grainy.

Good try

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thank you for your opinion.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The brother is also from New York... which is talked about in the video I linked above from Where is John Titor? on youtube.

Below is extracted from the chat logs found here with another interesting element to consider:

www.johntitor.com...

www.johntitor.com...

Here - subsection to highlight something interesting were TT0 refers to himself as "the crazy yank".

G° : maybe I'll pass on the theory to someone who does their own
experiment
and... BANG!

TimeTravel_0 : I've been trying.

TimeTravel_0 : But Im the crazy yank

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I realize that this is a old thread, but I think Titor's story is manifesting little by little. Maybe it's worth giving it another look.

Originally posted by Kano

The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse.
and again:
This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election.
Now, we haven't seen any Waco type events so far. Nor any Civil Unrest leading up to this coming election.

Tens of thousands protest Bush inauguration in Washington sounds like Civil unrest around elections. And Bush Admin manipulated intelligence to cause fear in the public to further its political goals could be interpreted as having "Waco type events".

Another large thing with all of Titor's comments and predictions. Is that he never once mentioned 9-11, the Bali Bombing, the Madrid Bombings, the Invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq. In fact nothing about the war on terror at all.

9/11, the Bali Bombing, and the Madrid Bombings and all the other ones we had since 2001 also fall under the "Waco type events".

And here's what he said this about the war;

01-31-2001 I'm glad to see it's so easy for to dismiss the Middle East. Yes, I suppose it is a no brainer but pretty soon it will be a "no arrmer" and a "no legger".

Interesting choice of words considering that Limb-loss has occurred twice as often in Iraq as in any conflict of the past century, except for Vietnam, for which there are no good statistics.

Here are some of my observations.

11/12/2000 I am curious… will anyone be upset if Florida's votes are not counted in the Electoral College because of the current "confusion"?

In the 2000 presidential election, 1.9 million Americans cast ballots that no one counted.

12/10/2000 Do medical advances in 2036 have anything to do with genetics?
Again, I'm no expert. I believe there is a great deal of progress in treating the cancer cells with modified viruses. So I guess the answer is yes.

Genetically-modified virus explodes cancer cells

01/29/2001 There's nothing like the look on someone's face when you tell them 100,000 people will be dead tomorrow.

January 30, 2001 following Friday's earthquake. India's defense minister, George Fernandes predicted that the death toll from Friday's killer quake could reach 100,000.

01-31-2001 The "Mad Cow" story here is yet to begin but don't worry, the fruited gelatin deserts are safe.

The first U.S. BSE case was in 2003

01-31-2001 The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over.

Three weeks that changed the world

02-13-2001 Care to share with me how you solved the overheating problem on your spaceplane?

Columbia Shuttle 2/1/2003

02-19-2001 Suppose I told you the space shuttle would have a problem landing at Kennedy tomorrow because something goes wrong with the runway. If someone with the authority to do so hears that and makes the decision to land at Edwards…bingo, your future has changed from my past.

On February 20 Space Shuttle Atlantis landed at Edwards Air Force Base

In 2015, Russia launches a nuclear strike against the major cities in the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war from my perspective)

We all know that there are some problems with Russia currently, and big part of the problem is Snowden getting an asylum there. Now, how many people think Russia is protecting the enemy of the American people?

Sources for his posts are; John Titor Times and This PDF file.
edit on 8-8-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kano
Actually he kinda did talk about 9/11. He stated how in his worldline there's a skyscraper missing from new york. And also just because he didn't talk about specific things liike the madrid bombings is because we have a different worldline than his so what happens here doesn't always mean it will happen there, maybe there were no bombings there because were the flip side of their coin. I'm ranting and trying to make sense don't think its working

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: venom1123

The great thing about time travelers (being one myself) is that when something you discuss from your past doesn't happen you just explain it away as 'different timelines.'

We've come so far along in mismatching timelines that nothing that happened in Titor's timeline will happen to us. Assuming Titor really was a time traveler, which is shaky argument at this point. He was more likely an inter-dimensional traveler that never had the same timeline as the rest of the world. He just thought he did.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004.

This is a pretty old post but I want to say something. John Titor said there won't be an official Olympics after 2004. I've been reading through the post and saw people write things like 'The olympics has begun John Titor is fake,' Titor did say he was from a different world line and not everything will be the same as his. And the olympics came very close to not happening. A while before the olympics, Tibetan protests spread throughout the Chinese provinces with calls for independence. A lot of people including me, wondered if the olympics could continue like this. Even with those affairs, it happened.

If we twist Titors words, "many conflicts" most likely means that the civil unrest leading up to the war rendered the Olympics impractical and unwanted.

As I said before, Titor said that he was from another world line and there could be a slight divergence (he said that it could differ from 1-2.5 percent). But that could make a big difference to this world.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
paranormalis.com...
-
-
Anyone know what his name means?

John - generic john doe

Titor... Not an english word. titor- ti as in tip, tor as in torn

Titor- means false one/fake one.

paranormalis.com...-68921
-
-
As for time travel... Ok, so what it's done and the world is the way it is.
Meaning......

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What got me the most was when he talked about entertainment in our future. He made this statement in February 2001: "Yes, there is an entertainment industry. Again, it is very decentralized. The technology to express yourself with video is so readily available that many people do it all by themselves or in small groups. Much of the distribution is over the web. I would compare it theater here."

I'd say this is a spot on prediction that no one else, certainly not myself, would ever believe.

To one question he says: "Many people use the internet for communication and entertainment. I would say that affects our speech. We type very fast." That wasn't as true in 2000 as it is now with smartphones.

I'm aware this thread is old and I'm late to the party. Just chippin' in my two pence.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: infiniteIf i was him, i wouldn't have go to a public forum. I would have made sure i had hard evidence to prove what i was saying was correct and then go to the media.

You're forgetting one thing he stressed numerous times: he didn't care whether you believed him or not. In fact, he even stated in the very beginning that it would probably be easier for the conversation if people remained sceptics and didn't believe him. This for example (bolded is mine):

"Also, I realize there is no way for anyone to believe me with absolute certainty so I hope I’m at least entertaining. You may be interested to know that even in 2036, there are a large number of people who don’t believe in time travel. Are you sure the world is round?"

And then, later, he said this: "I realize my claims are a bit ridiculous but my intent is not really to be believed."

He wasn't there to sell anything or prove anything. Reading his posts, it's clear to me the guy came across as genuine and honest even if he could've been a complete fraud. Whatever the case might be, he had a powerful message for us.

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join