John Titor: Hoax

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This thread has been discussed since 2004. What a thread!

Well, I hope these links help as they are only shown on the discussion page of the page of John Titor at Wikipedia.

I only state that there is no reason to believe or disbelieve John Titor. Simply put the physics is still on-going, as is the rest of the world and the posturing of this world. To me though in my opinion, people continue to break rules or laws in all Countries, so I am not into trying to make it seemingly worse for the future. If it helps then here are the real links, and again there are so many, that it has and will continue to be life as anyone knows it on this Planet, an insignificant speck in the Galaxy, but with humans on this speck of a Planet.

WebCrawler Internet Archive Links April 4 and 13th, 2001:
The original pictures posted by the person who called him(her)self John Titor.
web.archive.org...://www.artbell.com/letters11.html

This link contains the original posts from the Time Travel Institute thread where this person posted and one can still post on the thread, perhaps (but perhaps not): The thread is "Topic Limited to 11 Pages"
www.timetravelinstitute.com...

Internet Archive page about the original Art Bell website:
web.archive.org...*/artbell.com...

Post to Post AM (forums)
web.archive.org...

Click here to enter the Post to Post AM Forum:
web.archive.org...

Note category -- Time Travel: forumid=25
web.archive.org...

Note the thread entitled "I am from 2036" (as of April 4th, 2001 at 9:44AM) (when the Crawler made a backup for the Internet Archive at that time - posted by April 13, 2001).

I found the original pages Archived (had to add page number or look through 88 pages of links of the threadid=1203 postings of John Titor.)

Page 1 of the thread "I am from 2036"
web.archive.org...

Page 2
web.archive.org...
Page 3
web.archive.org...

Page 4
web.archive.org...

Page 5
web.archive.org...

Last page (as that is all that was put in the web archive)
web.archive.org...

Page in the Internet Archive where the pages are listed and the date those pages were stored there.
web.archive.org...*sr_871nr_10/bbs.artbell.com...*

The pages I am referring to:

bbs.artbell.com/showthread.php?threadid=1203&pagenumber=1
1 page from Apr 13, 2001

bbs.artbell.com/showthread.php?threadid=1203&pagenumber=2
1 page from Apr 13, 2001

bbs.artbell.com/showthread.php?threadid=1203&pagenumber=3
1 page from Apr 13, 2001

bbs.artbell.com/showthread.php?threadid=1203&pagenumber=4
1 page from Apr 13, 2001

bbs.artbell.com/showthread.php?threadid=1203&pagenumber=5
1 page from Apr 13, 2001

bbs.artbell.com/showthread.php?threadid=1203&pagenumber=lastpage
1 page from Apr 13, 2001

Coast to Coast AM webpage: John Titor: Reactions (Tuesday August 10th, 2004)
www.coasttocoastam.com...

Not including all the science paper links written by scientists that can be found with ongoing theories of physics.

But lately (well, kind of recent)
www.breitbart.com...

Sept 23, 2007

The Oxford team, led by Dr David Deutsch, showed mathematically that the bush-like branching structure created by the universe splitting into parallel versions of itself can explain the probabilistic nature of quantum outcomes. © Copyright Press Association Ltd 2007, All Rights Reserved.

Now many science papers can be found here but does not include all of them usually as there are journals subscriptions also:

arxiv.org...

Lab fireball 'may be black hole'
news.bbc.co.uk...

Thurday March 15, 2005

So, if nothing else except spending more time on any of this then:

Merry Christmas, I guess or is that some other religious Holiday coming up, then Merry whatever Holiday it is then to you!

Oh, there is a science paper somewhere listed about this person also, but I know that only I downloaded it from the arxiv.org place and can not ascertain if he really thinks a human can go through that kind of existence or perhaps only a particle, but nonetheless here is the popular story of a real science paper:

www.nature.com...

(It was recently in other online Newspapers also such as the Jerusuelem Post lately also.)

Perhaps the scientists are playing a joke on people, but again, perhaps not.
Perhaps they hope to convince the world to create "time travel" as to hoping to have a future, while still developing theories and also including gravity in the future. Perhaps I just do not know, about the scientists or about John Titor either to say for with any kind of certainty that the future should be the way, that some person posting on the Internet thinks or post that it will be that way.

I just think I do not want to go into a black hole at any time in any future.

And rather see the world heading away from a black hole and not into the blackness but into the Light.

I hope that fixes the links or copy and paste if can, they do work.

[edit on 12/12/2007 by AmoebaSized]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeLands
, and, of course, the shocking lack of any evidence whatsoever.

It's a great story - and, as a sci-fi writer, I feel qualified to comment on that bit - but it's complete bunk.

Fiction leaves no paper trail. Simple as that, something no one should ever forget.

As for the why of Titor- could be as simple as an intelligence training exercise for a graduating class. Same thing that started the Zeta Reticuli / Gray hoax. The students get to do some peripheral real work and make smoke bombs for the grownups to use.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Too tell the truth I'm pissed this topic is called "John Titor: Hoax". Where is the proof it was a hoax and since when did we start using conjecture as fact?

The "fact" people is not a single person on here has proved the JT story is a fake.

I would suggest changing the topic name because it turns off a lot of new readers ( it did me, why would I read about a hoax when there is all this other stuff yet to be debunked) and is the biggest JT topic and just happens to have the word "hoax" in it's title but proof is nowhere to be found in the post itself.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
If there is an Olympics this year and indeed ever again in our lifetimes then Titor's credibility takes a hit. If you believe in his predictions then his time track and ours have diverged too much for his story to be as relevant any more.

If there is not a markedly noticeable civil war this year in the USA- see above.

If the USA doesn't get nuked by Russia in 2015- see above.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
who does not understands the MEDJUGORJE phenomenom, does NOT understands John Titor.

What is 100% sure is that God will give us in this life a lesson to remember.

sorry for my english

If you want to understand John Titor, read about the 7 th secret of MEDJUGORJE, secret that will happen in this life, very sun, maybe in 2015, like Titor tell us.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Ah yes the BVM sightings in MEDJUGORJE Croatia.

Undoubtedly provably genuine in the sense that people saw, filmed, heard SOMETHING and it seems never to have done harm.

The Fatima Effect in the modern day. Interesting stuff.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
lhcb.web.cern.ch...

well ???????

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
In my own humble opinion, the Titor story was a great one----a great story. The amount of buzz and discussion around it, even many years later, would make any sci-fi author envious.
It has a great beginning, middle, and a final end, backed by logical sounding science, a plausable out for inconsistant predictions, and a small kernel of reason backed by the writers knowlege of computer technology.
I eagerly await the sequel.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The reason it's fake is because there is no such thing as time travel. There certainly won't be as soon as 2036. At least in the form he talks about. You can make light and atom-sized materials appear to be seconds behind our timeline, but allowing a person to travel in a car to a specific date? Come on, I was born at night but not last night. Sheesh....

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I originally scoffed at the Titor story...But as time goes on, and many of the things he talked about have come to fruition...I'm no longer sure. He may well be the real deal IMHO.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
I originally scoffed at the Titor story...But as time goes on, and many of the things he talked about have come to fruition...I'm no longer sure. He may well be the real deal IMHO.

what specific things? I don't know of anything he posted that actually came about the way he said. We are several years passed his predictions and nothing has happened.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
He may have known full well known about 9-11. I think everyone keeps forgetting he said this:

I'm not sure I said it didn't bother me, I only stated I won't interfere on purpose. Again I refer to a historical example. Before Pearl Harbor was attacked in 1941, a small group of US soldiers were experimenting with a new technology called RADAR. As the Japanese planes were flying toward the island, they actually picked them up in time to thwart the surprise attack. Unfortunately, they were unfamiliar with the equipment and figured it wasn't working correctly. As you are aware, the ruthlessness of the Japanese "sneak" attack galvanized the US people into entering WWII.

As a time traveler it would be easy for me to take a short hike up that hill where the RADAR operators were and point out to them that indeed the equipment was working just fine and they should probably call it in. Assuming they believed me, it is arguable that my lone single action could start a chain of events that would allow the US to meet the Japanese planes and stop them from attacking the battleships. As a result, the US people would still be angry but not motivated to enter the war fully since the Japanese were not a perceived threat. Thus, you don't begin research on the atomic bomb until well after Hitler has already dropped a couple on London.

I could save thousands of men on the Arizona at the cost of millions in London. I just don't know how one life will affect another. However, if I were standing next to a soldier who was about to be shot by a passing Japanese plane, I would push him to safety. I realize this is inconsistent on a small scale but I am tired of watching people die in front of me. If there is a price to pay for that than so be it.

This makes me wonder about what he actually knew was coming...

[edit on 24-2-2008 by metatronscube]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I am still waiting for someone to show me a specific instance of a John Titor prediction coming true. Can anyone point one out? It's a complete hoax and for people to keep saying "more and more of his statements are proving to be true!" is false..as far as I know. But I would like someone to point one out if they can...I am certainly not infallible.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
He's the new nostradamus. And just as accurate.

Seriously, the scientific explanations of his time travel were laughable. Believing it to be true doesn't make any sense, unless your reasons for believing are not based in logic, but a desire for him to be real. I can understand why - he appeals to folks not pleased with their government or the way the world is working. I can understand that fully - the world is not a nice place to live at the moment, with the general ominous slant our leaders and media gives every current affair happening, be it an election, investigations, international diplomacy, conflict, suffering, whatever. Mr Titor's saying that it's going to get worse, but then better. That we get a "do-over", where we can build our future in a way appealing to many. Those it appeals to would love for his story to be true. Not to mention it appeals to those who are intrigued by a good mystery that plays out in real-time. It was fascinating when it happened, and it's still fascinating now.

It would be a tragedy for anyone to change the way they live their lives based on an internet story devoid of evidence or logical support, and I fear that might happen to some. We owe it to ourselves to let logic and reason lead us through life.

We'll get to the bottom of this one day. Until then, file John Titor under "interesting, but unproven".

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Not to be a supporter of Titor but he did say he came from another timeline...meaning ours would take another path than his..so what was happening in his timeline would not happen in ours...at least not exactly. That theory also removes the paradox of travelling back in time. (kill your father or mother before you are conceived...you never existed sort of thing).

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
well take a short look at tibet right now, the world would give china a good smack into its face after canceling the olympic games 2008, as a sign of solidairty to tibet.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by buckrogers

please research the history of the 1979 soviet invasion of Afghanistan , and is subsequent impact on the 1980 Moscow summer olympic games

now do you REALLY think that world reaction to tibet will result in the TOTAL canceleation of the 2008 bejing summmer olympic games ???

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yes i know, history repeats itself over and over again, this corrupt agenda of politics have shown us how regardless they deal with human lifes.

I was only wondering, because Titor mentioned that in his timeline there were no olympic games after 2004. And the current events in Tibet could have been the reason for it.

But who knows, i am not from the future, i am just a friend of Sarah Connor

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
First, let me get this out of the way:

I NEITHER BELIEVE NOR DISBELIEVE JOHN TITOR.

Ok, does everyone get that? No? Here, let me repeat it a few more times.

Great. Now if anyone comes on here, and states how "naive" or "stupid" or anything else I am for believing or disbelieving, you have successfully debunked yourself, and should be booted from ATS as a bonus.

As to people saying that he has no successful predictions, that is incorrect.

He correctly predicted that the WMD charges in Iraq were bogus, and just used to get us into another war with Iraq. In fact, as someone pointed out earlier, the mere FACT that he used the phrase "WMD" is indication that he knew SOMETHING, as that term was not in the regular vocabulary when he was posting.

He successfully predicted the problems with Florida's vote counting.

The most unusual one, however, is his sort-of prediction that 100,000 people would die in a single day. I am, of course, referring to the tsunami in SE Asia. My quick research shows that only 46 events IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF MANKIND has resulted in 100,000 people dying in a single day. In modern times, only 3 events of that magnitude have occurred. The two nuclear bombings of Japan, and the tsunami. True, he didn't predict the date/time, but he predicted something that, and this bears repeating, has only occurred 45 other times in the entire history of the world. That alone should wake some people up enough to say "maybe there is more to this story than being simply a hoax".

He also predicted the rise of "non-lethal" suppression techniques, and that these would be used on Americans, and that they would prove to be "not so non-lethal". At the time of his postings, it was generally thought that the use of a Tazer COULD NOT result in death. Not to mention that he talked about "seizure lights" and "sticky goop", that are only just now beginning to make it to market.

Was he a fake? I don't know. Was he real? I don't know. Let me repeat it again, for those slow on the uptake.

(I bet with all that, someone STILL asks how I can "believe" John Titor, or think he was for real.)

So, in conclusion: To say that he had NO successful predictions is being disingenuous at best, and downright lying at worst. He had several that were accurate, just not stated in a "on this day, at this hour, this certain thing is going to occur, and these will be the people involved" type of prediction.

Oh, and did I mention I NEITHER BELIEVE NOR DISBELIEVE JOHN TITOR.?

[edit on 21-3-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

ok - " WMD`s" - try this 1998 Clinton speech

The credible threat to use force, and when necessary, the actual use of force, is the surest way to contain Saddam’s weapons of mass destruction program, curtail his aggression and prevent another Gulf War.

source transcript

florida voting irregularities -

Let me tell you about Florida politicians. I make them, I make them out of whole cloth, just like a tailor makes a suit. I get their name in the newspaper. I get them some publicity and I get their name on the ballot. Then, after the election, we count the votes, and if they don't turn out right, we recount them again until they do

thats a quote from a 1948 movie source

100k dead in a single day ?

please cite the context in which he said that .

and the Tsunami death toll was > 225K source so he under predicted by a considerable margin

non-lethal weapons

from the 60s onwards " less than lethal weapons " have been expeimented with

imobilsing foam / web / nets is nothing new

nor are debilitating optics

and ` taser lethality ` was questioned in a british medical journal in 2001 [ the lancet ] - so thier must have been prior case evidence to support this theory

so IMHO the " correct " predictions of JT are nothing of the sort

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum