It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*The Impersonal Life* ...of IAM

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
I don't know what it was and if you might know it would be a great help..thank you

I am sorry my friend, I do not know.

Could have been a brief auditory hallucination, maybe a call from your subconscious.

Once upon a time in my life, I could have speculated any number of things from Spirit guides to demons. All of that seems like a childhood fantasy to me now. I put a lot of different paths under my feet and really look back only as one would remember a once in a lifetime vacation, knowing tomorrow they will go where they have not tread before.

I am no magi, guru, master, or teacher. I am the guy who stands on the road holding the sign that points the way. The way, is within you.

Ask no one but yourself, and your answer will always be true. Trust in yourself, and no one will steer you wrong.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
we need to be careful of when reading such thoughts is the term 'ye are gods'.

Ok, I suck at punctuation. Perhaps some Biblical writers did to. Try this one on for size my friend.

Ye are God's!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
One of the purposes for earth, as a school, for some its really hard lessons for past misshaps, others its other reasons, however, tonight I was examining the school itself. There are differences in people, their levels of understanding, of compassion, of awareness, and concern for the world and the suffering in it. Its as iff, different grades or levels. But there are consequences to being lured to the wrong channels, or the apathy, or downright cruelty to others, harshness many display. My whole questions went deeper, because there are some very negative channels that we can enter, taking the wrong road, they're very difficult ones, lower astrals perhaps they could be called. Why would anyone enter into a school, where so much pain is the outcome of their learning, and if takes so long? The entire concept of law of consequence, taken in extreme ways?

I was wondering if it was due to something within us that makes us think we have to learn in a punitive way, suffering, a school like this, instead of amongst friends and family. I know there are other ways to learn, and also that no one can tell another, somehow the consent is given, or even the expectation of learning this way. How to free our minds to realize that school should be fun, and experiences meaningful. That we need to extend love and kindness to self and to all equally, and always know there is another way.

We need to forgive all, work through harder events to find the lesson, and forgive the teachers of them. If our own hearts are generous with others, with strangers, with even our oppressors, then they will be generous with ourselves. Maybe we should rethink schools, and harsh dualities a little more.

For everything is thought in the omniverse. In existance, we exist within thought, the Infnite Conscious Rays of Infinity. I think we can all think better thoughts than this.

edit on 15-10-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I AM the people--the mob--the crowd--the mass. Do you know that all the great work of the world is done through me? I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.

I am the audience that witnesses history. The Napoleons come from me and the Lincolns. They die. And then I send forth more Napoleons and Lincolns. I am the seed ground. I am a prairie that will stand for much plowing. Terrible storms pass over me. I forget. The best of me is sucked out and wasted. I forget. Everything but Death comes to me and makes me work and give up what I have. And I forget.

Sometimes I growl, shake myself and spatter a few red drops for history to remember. Then--I forget. When I, the People, learn to remember, when I, the People, use the lessons of yesterday and no longer forget who robbed me last year, who played me for a fool--then there will be no speaker in all the world say the name: "The People," with any fleck of a sneer in his voice or any far-off smile of derision. The mob--the crowd--the mass--will arrive then.

-Carl Sandburg (1878-1967)

edit on 16-10-2010 by Americanist because: quote

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Hi there Leo, IAM and the rest of the crowd

It's commonly known, that we live on a pancake *, which rests on a turtle, and this turtle is standing on another turtle, and that turtle is ..........down to the basic turtle. You know, the one which all prophets have seen, and which is the rockground (or more correct: The turtleground), they build their numerous churches upon.

Oh darn it; brethren and sistren, I have been temporally displaced. Again. I got lost in between the nows, and chose the wrong metaphor. So like a whirling dervish, a mad linguist or a primal-screamer suffering from excessive oxygen, I'll try another outlet.

Language, our slave and our master, our freedom and our prison, our.....sorry, got carried away......anyway, the art of trying to describe the greater by the smaller. An arbitrarily chosen turtle, much in vogue these days, in this now: Labelling.

I feel much better already, knowing where and when I AM. And not knowing really WHO this I (which IS) AM doesn't bother me too much, as a controlled schizoid condition is part of my methodology, and I am used to it.

Now when everything is crystalclear, both for me and YOUAREs out there, I'll go back to ordinary cheating and sneak up on you by being somewhat rational. But no worries, it's only for the duration.

The chaos beyond 'event horizon', sometimes called the nameless by the serious seeker of spiritual truth, is according to contemporary knowledge formless, indetermined and generally weird. In certain holy groups it's considered to be an absolute nothingness, ultimate existential vacuum, and for (probably psychological) reasons, the nameless gives these holy people the willies, and to cut down on the need for tranquillizers, they like to huddle together in the warmth of 'order' (form). (scientific lingo: Cosmos).

For partially enlightened, alternatively partially endarkened, individuals like me (perspectives of half-filled/half-empty glass?) allowing a certain amount of inner confusion, chaos isn't a problem (as the lack of 12 year matured whiskey would be).

I would like to compare the relationship between chaos (the nameless) and cosmos (form) with one of those rubber thingumajigs, which through suction can help to clean blocked drains or assist in difficult births. Chaos is constantly being sucked into cosmos, but apparantly not liking it there, it equally quick disappears again; back to formlessness etc. Strangely enough, cosmos (form) seems to be growing into complexity all on its own, around something (chaos), which only is present part of the time.

It's almost, as if there's some purpose in it. A kind of intent.

This post is just a somewhat unorthodox way of presenting a fairly well known contemporary tunnel-reality. And my platitude-attitude isn't lessened by asking the question: "Who's holding the rubber thingumajig". And even more daring: "Why".

When this has been answered, we can maybe start to consider such doctrines as: "Existence is a school", "Divinity is bored and needs entertainment" or "Divinity dreams" and other anthropocentric ideas.

As a cliffhanger I can offer: "What happens to cosmos (form) after the initial and basic popping in and out of quantum foam has taken place?".

* The pancake sags around the edge, giving the false impression of a sphere.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

thank you for your reply I do disagree because this was this was the first time it happened and the last,if it was auditory hallucinations I think I would have had another since,it was like I was in a trance or deep meditation, someone or something was called my name and every thing cannot be written off as hallucinations. again, I do appreciate you taking the time to answer as I have waited for someone to come along that might understand what had happened to me. thanks

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I appreciate the guidance that you offer here, and appreciate the others that have replied to my concerns on this subject as well. My main struggle involves the unnecessary convolutions inherent within this premise. When one looks to the efficient elegance of physical existence, it's clear that complexity serves a direct and immediate end (allowing the causal organization an extended run at survival, as an example), and that redundancy is the rule, not the exception. In fact, all we see is expediency, with form following function to a nearly impersonal degree. Even the human corporeal structure is raw functionality at its most efficient and effective, with nothing wasted or exaggerated.

The cosmos is even relentless in its indifference to the fact that 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of it is completely inhospitable for corporeal (carbon-based, of course) life, while balancing out all this destructiveness in a way that encourages, in extremely tiny pockets of area, the development and preservation of life to the degree that it progresses to (at the very least) the advanced level that we enjoy on Earth today. In effect, from the smallest to the largest, we only see simple, dependable, and impersonal elegance of design and function.......that is until we get to the notions that are presented concerning why anything exists in the first place.

Then, as if out of nowhere at all, deeply convoluted designs and determinations spring up without any precedence whatsoever. As if the designer/initiator of all the functionality and cold precision that lies at every level of everything that exists suddenly reveals itself to be emotionally driven, deceptively cryptic, unrealistically expectant, and frailly dependent on the acceptance of the others that it has crafted all of what we know to exist for. If you look at it with impersonal eyes, what you see is a schism of two near opposites that are allegedly at work within the same personality, and acting as one simultaneously.

The most troubling aspect of this, is that each version of this God character mimics the personality of the presenter of the version, while non of these presented versions remotely reflects the personality of the creator of what we know to actually exists - that efficient, pragmatic, brilliantly minimalist who crammed a mega super-computer into the skulls of each of us and managed neural-net functionality with carbon-based processing and memory as a naturally developing organic arrangement (that actually works a majority of the time). Hardly the achievement of the kind of personality that slips coded mash notes into one's school books when one isn't looking, and gets resentful when one hasn't the intellectual capacity to properly decode said mash note.

The thing that bothers me is that if there is one god, and this god is intelligent and personable (as in communicative and determinative) then it seems necessary that it be consistent within itself, and each of these drama based narratives directly contradict the direct physical evidence that is scattered all around and within us concerning the personality of the creative mind that authored it all. When we look at a painting, or listen to a piece of music, we meet the author at a level that conversation would never reveal. We know that Mozart was silly and playful. We know that Beethoven was emotional, brutal and explosive. We know that Van Gogh was wildly eccentric and didn't fit in with the others down at the pub. Their creative work exposes their personalities, and this is how creation works in all intelligent expression.

God - the creator of all that we know to exist - is either cryptic and emotionally invested in these convoluted dramas, or it is efficient, pragmatic and brilliantly impersonal, as represented by the brutal genius of the physical realm's design and application. It can't be both. This is what caused the notion of the most successful form of Gnosticism - the existence of a "good God" and an "evil God", with the evil God being the creator of physical reality, and the good God being the one that gives a damn about humanity. It eventually became a problem for the thinkers of the early centuries of Christianity, and they did what they could to address it - well, until the literalists killed them off anyway.

This is my issue with all of these notions. None of them unite these two incompatible personalities into the one mind of a plausible God. They claim to, and they offer extremely esoteric semantics-riddled proposals, but in the end, the two basic archetypes are completely incompatible.
edit on 10/16/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

thank you for your reply I do disagree

My friend, you can disagree if you'd like, but I promise I do not know.

because this was this was the first time it happened and the last,if it was auditory hallucinations I think I would have had another since,it was like I was in a trance or deep meditation, someone or something was called my name and every thing cannot be written off as hallucinations. again, I do appreciate you taking the time to answer as I have waited for someone to come along that might understand what had happened to me. thanks

My friend,

Your experience may have been the first time, however you cannot say it is the last, not yet anyway. Everything in life is a hallucination. Some hallucinations are just more real than others. Take your physical body for example. Your hallucination tells you it is quite solid. To contrary, it is nothing more than waves of energy densely held into one apparent place. The density of these waves make it appear solid, because this is how your senses perceive the density of this energy. Take away your senses how would you perceive your reality? Would you be real at all?

Yes, you would be very real. You are still an energy manifest in other energy, which without senses you would not perceive your manifestation, you would not experience this reality. You could not even manipulate your form. Life to you would be a black calm formless void. So, where would that whisper come from then??

Look within my friend. The truth is in you.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

thank you.... this is not my field of expertise so I will have to take your word for it.I don't understand all that you write as this subject is all new to me.I'm just a normal mom,no drugs no alcohol and hearing this voice threw me for a loop and felt the need to ask someone............. again thanks

I swear if there was someone standing next to me they would have heard it.........it was in sing-song V-a-l-e-rrr-ii--eee.... no reply needed

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

we need to be careful of when reading such thoughts is the term 'ye are gods'.

Ok, I suck at punctuation. Perhaps some Biblical writers did to. Try this one on for size my friend.

Ye are God's!

With Love,

Your Brother

Ok....so as in 'possessive form'...we are God's.

It was meant to be that I brought that up to be noted and fulfilled.

Thanks to you always IAM
LV

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
One of the purposes for earth, as a school, for some its really hard lessons for past misshaps, others its other reasons, however, tonight I was examining the school itself. There are differences in people, their levels of understanding, of compassion, of awareness, and concern for the world and the suffering in it. Its as iff, different grades or levels. But there are consequences to being lured to the wrong channels, or the apathy, or downright cruelty to others, harshness many display. My whole questions went deeper, because there are some very negative channels that we can enter, taking the wrong road, they're very difficult ones, lower astrals perhaps they could be called. Why would anyone enter into a school, where so much pain is the outcome of their learning, and if takes so long? The entire concept of law of consequence, taken in extreme ways?

I was wondering if it was due to something within us that makes us think we have to learn in a punitive way, suffering, a school like this, instead of amongst friends and family. I know there are other ways to learn, and also that no one can tell another, somehow the consent is given, or even the expectation of learning this way. How to free our minds to realize that school should be fun, and experiences meaningful. That we need to extend love and kindness to self and to all equally, and always know there is another way.

We need to forgive all, work through harder events to find the lesson, and forgive the teachers of them. If our own hearts are generous with others, with strangers, with even our oppressors, then they will be generous with ourselves. Maybe we should rethink schools, and harsh dualities a little more.

For everything is thought in the omniverse. In existance, we exist within thought, the Infnite Conscious Rays of Infinity. I think we can all think better thoughts than this.

edit on 15-10-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Hello Untiy

I hope you can excuse my 'own limits' for conversations sake. Know I love you and though we seem different, in Spirit, we are ONE.

We, as a ONE, chose this. We might not understand it in the experience and veil of being a many 'selves' As we seem to be many selves....we, all, bad and good...are still, only one. Each 'phase/soul' corresponds to the environment, its own intellect, its own formed personality, ect....to the point of truly believing, this, self, is a 'true self'....believeing it is a 'seperate self' from others. Even looking at the others as 'family' you still see yourself as serperate, clinging to the 'form' of seperation.

Which is all OK, dont let me come off as saying its not OK, it is. I myself, have my own issues, with abandoning, the 'self' that I think is me, with a name, as a mom, with family, a earthly body, a form, a personality, a lover for stars and books, a lover of good food and company.

Deep deep down, I know, all of the above that I think makes me 'me'....is a very temporary experience, of my Spirit, which is the same Spirit, within all life of this entire Universe, and I call it, God. Its hard for me to understand in totality, this is, my only TRUE, self....my only TRUE, existence. It is the only part of me, that has no beginning nor end. This true self, has purpose, even though its eternal, without beginning and end. Its more then just 'being' or 'existing'. This 'Spirit' within all life, is very much, alive, in its own way beyond a 'human' understanding of 'alive'.

The purpose of this experience, is not really for us as selves....but more for us as a ONE SELF. Its for the pure life within us, for the divine spark within us....to manifest or become or create.

As we think, we create. If we are in tune with this 'true self' our thinking will be one, our creating will be beyond dreams, mountains can move.

Its a fine tuning....

So many of us THINK we know our true self, THINK we find answers within. I have come to understand, many things that I felt came from my deepest self, was not from the TRUE self of ONE, but from the intellect and personality self, my own separation from others responding to what it knows or connects to as a 'separate' existence.

Take for example, my belief before of 'past lives'. Memories I as a self have of past experiences before this incarnation. How am I tapping into such a thing? Think about this. Is it really a part of myself, as a separate form from others, something others cant tap into as well? Is it truly only for ME? Think about this. If we are ONE in Spirit....and NOT many in Spirit....then what we tap into, is being offered to us, by this one spirit, its the same spirit that has incarnated into every single life and being ever ever ever. It holds ALL the memories, and allows us as 'selves' to take what may benefit us or as well what we as 'selves' desire. This Spirit, does feed our desires, for eventually, through many pathways, we will find out what our TRUE SELF OF SPIRIT desires....and its not through dreams, knowing past things or future things, it will let our 'selves' desires become spent, until we can see those are things we dont really truly desire. All the way from killings to serenading....we as selves, will be our own judge and biggest fan. The SELF (ONE) in us, waits, for us to test and try it all, spend our to and fro till it tires and is still not fulfilled. Then, and only then, will that 'personality and intellect self'.....look and see ITS MORE THEN WHAT IT THOUGHT IT WAS, and its desires are not concerned with a 'self' in separation anymore, but only is concerned with ALL, every single form that capsules its life therein.

As much as a path can seem negative, that INNER TRUE SELF, is totally aware of what the 'personality' is choosing and allows it to. To learn. To sift. To weigh. To measure.

Our imagination is wild and can create many things. As we think, we create. Often....we think of what we desire as a self, so we create what we desire, as a self.

When we can look and see we all share a TRUE SAME SELF> and start to think only in terms of this ONE self without the personal desires of separate personalities and intellect> we can start to be the creators (creatOR) that we came to be (that ONE, came to become).

You and not separate from me, in TRUE SELF, in SPIRIT, in LIFE. Nor are we, separate from anyone else, in true self, in spirit, in life. Even the negative personalities that are engrossed in negative actions to please their self desires....their true self, in spirit, in life, is IAM's.

In the moment of now we all have to walk what ever we feel is right and what we feel we are ready for. Most likely, we are going to still walk away to the personality self we thing we are and now and then only catch glimpses of this true perfect light within us. We know its there, we just cant let go of all that is needed for it to become 'alive' and active in us. In time, it will bring us to that point, for it is, the only true part, of us, we are one. Its perfection will sift our what is not of Thee, its divinity will sift our what is not true to Thee's nature. I say 'it' for now, I still live as its something beside me, not totally of me, for I am not totally of it in mind, body, and soul yet. But deep down I know, I am, and only through this Spirit in me, to I breath, do I walk, do I love, do I think-create.

A junkie must hit bottom, before they see there is an up. We as selves, are addicted.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Reminds me of an Outer Limits epidsode, "A New Life" I saw recently on Hulu.

Will not let me embed or download full video but here is the link. www.hulu.com...-p4-so-i0

Daniel is a young mover and shaker who has grown tired of the rat race and yearns to trade in his stressed out existence for one more spiritual and simple. He joins an order led by the seemingly benevolent and serene Father and, with his girlfriend Beth and best friend Thomas, boards the bus to the promised land bound for a new life, one that can only be attained, as Father says, through faith and service. But once there, Daniel senses that all is not right with Father and the safe haven he and the other followers have built for themselves may not be all it's cracked up to be.

"When you blindly give up your free will to a higher authority, be sure you are not also giving up control of your ultimate destiny" - Quote from control voice at the end of episode.

Thank you for providing the link to a most enlightened read

Just don't get on any bus

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

All I can tell you that in the thought of gnosticism....good and bad god, one existed with a beginning and will have a end. The other, has no beginning nor end, and and has always been.

One is the cause, the other, an effect.

As the grapes must sift through a process to be turned into fine wine, so much anything of 'transformation' or 'purification' must sift through a process. I dont know the workings of this process on the larger scale. But I do have faith that the all seeming to be 'useless' space, is very useful in offering 'stability'.

Enjoying your queries very much, but I cant offer you all of what you seek on. I do feel strongly that when you can start to silence the mind and go within, your own IAM is going to work with YOUR brain, language, your way of thinking and understanding....and it may have already started to do this showing glimpses of your truest self, as Spirit, Life, IAM.

This experience, we see as so much but Im sure this is a very limited view, perspective, being....of the whole. By knowing that we are likely but a sand on the shore to THEE, does make it impersonal. But to also know we are a part of the shore, still makes it personal on the same coin. We want to think the 'self' to us is so much more, and its tough to think its yet only a tool or instrument being used to sift out the true self.

I imagine that many things that we see as insignificant are very significant and offering stability to order even when we call it chaos.
edit on 16-10-2010 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Our imagination is wild and can create many things. As we think, we create. Often....we think of what we desire as a self, so we create what we desire, as a self.

When we can look and see we all share a TRUE SAME SELF> and start to think only in terms of this ONE self without the personal desires of separate personalities and intellect> we can start to be the creators (creatOR) that we came to be (that ONE, came to become).

Is this a collective "we" that is creating? And if so, wouldn't we all need to sign on to this notion for it to ever have any chance at manifestation? So, what happens to the selves that will always refuse to join with the collected selves? If they are equal shares of this All then the All is doomed to forever be fragmented and incomplete in creative expression.

So, whose idea was this? Ours? Why would anything fragment itself with no means of bringing itself back together again - which is the net effect of giving all equal fragments their own identity and the experience of being unique and inimitable. All enlightenment aside, the plan has enormous problems, since survival of self is a primary imperative for all that exists as unique and whole. Allowing a necessary share of any full whole its own unique and whole identity is inviting it to never surrender its identity - especially if it has been given the freedom to maintain that isolated identity forever. The original whole is, literally, doomed.

I still don't see the value in an existential whole doing this to itself for any reason. It contradicts the entire premise of survival as an imperative, which we know that it is.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks for adding

I think this needs repeated....

"When you blindly give up your free will to a higher authority, be sure you are not also giving up control of your ultimate destiny" - Quote from control voice at the end of episode.

I can only say, I have thought I was on the right path many times....and this may not be the last time I discover that the path I thought WAS, is not.

As we peal away what we think is our inner being, we continue to sift it and weigh it and test it. IN this process, we shine it, we let it shimmer to us, we get to know the light we are again. And in that pealing and shining, we may discover what we thought was, is not....at least not in the most humble inner light that is. I think the Spirit will continue to lead us there though, showing itself, awakening itself, within us....as we are ready and work on it.

Daily practices to humble ones self, to check ones honesty with 'self' is something I would advise on any path of things of Spirit.

My best
LV

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Starred your short and sweet post.

You sound like a very mature and enlightened soul.

Go to that link at Hulu, it was, I thought, a real interesting episode.

Many of the Outer Limits episodes had a valid underlying message.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Just as a seed would seem to be doomed in the winter of time....so does it seem this experience of 'separation' seem doomed.

And this thought as you are seeing it as 'now'....is needed.

I can only say, I feel I have experienced this 'spirit of lifes' perfection...and have total faith, that it will bring itself through to its purpose.

I cant say I understand it all or know its orders and cycles...but something within me just says, yes, it will surely become what it is to be.

Just as I used to think, bad things that happened in my life were unwarranted, unneeded....I now see they were warranted, were needed, and have their place in bringing me to the 'self' I am now. Embracing all of the moments, bad and good that molded me to the present, helps me see the need of them both.

I think there comes a time, where every being will have to seek within itself, to find itself. One may see it as a forced occurrence, but its no more a force then springtime becomes a force upon the seed that laid in the ground through the cold winter. Its very natural, though we dont see it as so. Its very orderly, though we dont see it as so.

Your path of testing and questioning, is surely right where you are to be for now
Though frustrating it may seem, though confusion seems to rule that 'thought'...and some point, you will see how needed your questions and testings were.

I can only offer, my limited place where I am now, in my own thinking/creating.

I know it does not suffice
And I know that only within you, your own inner light, can suffice you at some point.

My best always
LV

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

All I can tell you that in the thought of gnosticism....good and bad god, one existed with a beginning and will have a end. The other, has no beginning nor and and have always been.

One is the cause, the other, and effect.

The probelm with this is that what is being presented is an intelligent and functional being, with a defined personality that simply doesn't make sense within itself. At the base of reality sits a definite truth, and that basic truth is not philosophical in essence. It is directive and it impacts reality in a hands-on manner. That means that it can be perceived in some manner, even if only in examining the impact that it has on what can be perceived. Like the wind, and how it can only be perceived through the impact it has on us and the world around us. Anything that has such a direct impact has no capacity to fully mask that impact, and its true nature can be determined if that impact is properly examined.

As I stated, the presented God contradicts the God who shows up when its impact is examined. And this contradiction is profound. Too profound to be reasonably plausible.

As the grapes must sift through a process to be turned into fine wine, so much anything of 'transformation' or 'purification' must sift through a process. I dont know the workings of this process on the larger scale. But I do have faith that the all seeming to be 'useless' space, is very useful in offering 'stability'.

The physical realm is actually seamless. With no useless space. I've been studying general cosmology lately, and have been impressed with how our own position within the Milky Way Galaxy is so precise and fortunate, and how easily it could have been for Earth to have remained uninhabitable. The entire galaxy itself lines up just right for the physical characteristics of Earth to initiate and support carbon-based corporeal existence. No slop at all. This is my issue with the seemingly terrible "plan" of every major (and minor) depiction of the same God that supposedly designed the whole of physical reality. It's almost as if the super-genius that initiated the brilliant balnce of our universe had a stroke when it came to determining what humanity's role within it all would be. Like two completely disassociated minds.

Enjoying your queries very much, but I cant offer you all of what you seek on. I do feel strongly that when you can start to silence the mind and go within, your own IAM is going to work with YOUR brain, language, your way of thinking and understanding....and it may have already started to do this showing glimpses of your truest self, as Spirit, Life, IAM.

I'm sorry, but I simply can't assume that God wants me to NOT employ the intellect that it granted me. The god that designed the seamless nature of physical existence would not have bothered to enable the insanely complex development of the human brain if there was no value in what it generates as information. Like you said, everything has its usefulness, and not just as something that the human being is supposed to overcome. That would make the most complex and substantial physical assembly in physical existence the most incompatible aspect of the whole of God's creative expression, and render everything else as inconsequential by comparison. So much perfect symmetry with a complete and overwhelming contradiction as the end result. It's just not consistent with the personality of whomever it was that designed the rest of everything. Not if an examination of that structure of everything is any indication, which it has to be.

This experience, we see as so much but Im sure this is a very limited view, perspective, being....of the whole. By knowing that we are likely but a sand on the shore to THEE, does make it impersonal. But to also know we are a part of the shore, still makes it personal on the same coin. We want to think the 'self' to us is so much more, and its tough to think its yet only a tool or instrument being used to sift out the true self.

I imagine that many things that we see as insignificant are very significant and offering stability to order even when we call it chaos.

The self that you create, with each thought and reaction to the experience of existence, is the real self. That's what you are, and that's why you think and experience and reaction and generate all that conscious intellect with that busy brain of yours. You obviously think and do a lot of thinking. Your brain is not quiet and be grateful that it's as nimble as it is. With each instant, you are becoming the ultimate being that you'll be when all is said and done. You are creating you. This is why you exist as a corporeal being, and why your brain hums along even when you try your hardest to shut it down and ignore the chatter. Like the rest of physical reality, it does what God intended it to do. The creator is brilliant and effective. No slop in the system. Ever.
edit on 10/16/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The self that you create, with each thought and reaction to the experience of existence, is the real self. That's what you are, and that's why you think and experience and reaction and generate all that conscious intellect with that busy brain of yours. You obviously think and do a lot of thinking. Your brain is not quiet and be grateful that it's as nimble as it is. With each instant, you are becoming the ultimate being that you'll be when all is said and done. You are creating you. This is why you exist as a corporeal being, and why your brain hums along even when you try your hardest to shut it down and ignore the chatter. Like the rest of physical reality, it does what God intended it to do. The creator is brilliant and effective. No slop in the system. Ever.

Of course intellect has its place....it leads to something further of 'being'.

But its only useful, as a self in a seemingly separate form from other selves. The brain and this seemingly 'real self' is temporary....I know this, so while I use this temporary body and try to let this self sift out the things of flesh and things of Spirit....Im shown a much larger existence then what we see and know here...Im shown that the IAM within me is so much more then this limited body and brain and will I have as a 'self' in separate form. I can see the 'divine will' and I can feel the 'spirit of life' being alive before this world and after this world and beyond it in the present. It may be due to some experiences that I can relate to more then this body, this brain, this seemingly 'life'...IDK. I know I have not always seen beyond it or more then it. Its been a process that causes me to be humble constantly amongst the spirit of life in all things around me while in me.

Im not here to say this is right or that your wrong...Im only here to share where this 'self' existence had brought me to in the seemingly 'now.

And again, I think all of your thoughts are a 'truth' for you that will work itself out within you somehow, someway. It may not be in this life...and mine may not be in this life either. For obviously, this "IAM" has much sifting to still do...one can look around and see the process is very much still very young in stage and season.

I can only constantly remind myself, not to ever think I know everything or understand it all on some greater magnitude.

I do find this IAM though, very much in nature. It was the first place I really felt Thee. As I watched the ants work as one, as I watched the sun/water/air/earth be one in the blade of grass, as I watched the seeds burst from the Earth, grow to a tree, produce seeds themselves, and fall back to the Earth....I saw Thee.

Again, this is just my limited experience and limited explaining with language.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks for sharing...I will be sure to watch this when I get some down time later today. Appreciate your sharing

My best to you and yours
LV

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join