It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly causes Joy and Whoopi to walk off set of "The View"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

but ignoring facts for partisan rhetoric is what the "people" are sick of.

man, you're not kidding! i mean, YOU ARE NOT KIDDING. i would also suggest that you note the word "partisan" !!!!!!!!! (imagine a page full of exclamation points after that, followed by this...) is DOUBLE-SIDED. this mirror game is getting old.

also, the media was almost entirely liberal for many decades. you couldn't turn on a single news broadcast about a presidential election where it appeared the anchors were even remotely happen with anything republican. they got close with reagan, but i suspect that most conservatives these days are just liberals in disguise. they make a few unpopular "conservative" comments, vote in some unpopular "conservative" laws and then vote for things that would've been called communism a century ago. even the conservatism reads like we lost the cold war. to me, this whole thing is a big ruse.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

But it ain't gonna work.

Until all these foaming at the mouth right-wing delusionals are no more, and these soft-liberals turn left - its just going to be a clustermuck for a while yet.

Well everyone needs to believe in something I guess. But as of right now O'Rielly is right. He may have not been Politicaly Correct in his response but he stated a fact.
I doubt if I can count the times I have heard comments about Christians. The majority of Christians are no worse than the majority of muslims, but both still get grouped with the nut jobs when they go off the deep end.
Those ladies walked off because they new they could not get the better end of the debate and took the easy way out.

ghostsoldier, I answered your question, any thoughts on mine about Iran?
Due to your last comment, that I have quoted, I will not push you for an answer, because I honestly think you need some help.

How you planning to get rid of all those people anyway?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

my vote is "manipulated" and not just the side i may disagree with or agree with. eventually, you have to choose a side, of that i'm acutely aware (as are you, no doubt), and often isn't as bad as it seems, and other times, it's not as good as it seems either! which is why bickering and stereotyping each other over it, seems almost pointless. who the heck knows?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I watched the video and I agree with O'Reilly.
I also agree that there are extremists in ALL
religions.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
If certain people can't handle a certain person or their beliefs, why even invite that guest, and if they must be there, why even bother to show up?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Bill getting them to walk off of their OWN SHOW, shows me they are un-willing to have an adult conversation. This has been hashed out on here I'm sure...

It also tells me that when a Liberal has their back against the wall they resort to childish behavior and walking off of stages. Sort of like a child sticks their fingers in there ear exclaiming: "Lala la lala, I can't hear you!" They made themselves look like fools. I don't care if they were right! They looked like fools!

Sorry to say, and I HATE Bill O, score one for Bill! He remained relatively calm and composed and stuck to his guns! Good for him! That my friends is how you have an argument. Stick to facts and keep a level head and you will go far in gaining respect!

Oh and yes, I think most people are tired of the Political Correctness situation! That time has come and passed. Even my Liberal mother has stated this. It has gotten out of control! How much is too much? Answer: There isn't a limit! We can offend whoever and whatever we want! We have the FIRST AMENDMENT! I am proud to be an AMERICAN!

edit on 15-10-2010 by NeverApologize because: Addition

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
He has no business being on TV, in my opinion. Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck; all have no business being on TV.

They are the low-life scum of the media. They are a detriment to human-kind.

edit on 14-10-2010 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

Alas, just another liberal here on ATS that is under the totally incorrect impression that first amendment free speech rights exist only for their fellow liberals.

EVERYONE has a right to their opinions and free speech.

In preparation for your monumental election defeats next month, liberals to to finally understand that O'Reilly, Hannity and Beck didn't cause your defeats. The cause is that people saw what the "change" liberals and progressives offer really is and soundly reject it.

You had your chances starting in 2006 and have decisively blown it. Just as Bush somehow made obama look good enough to elect, now obama has made the lot of you look bad enough to throw out of office.

The fault is in your collective mirrors.

edit on 10/14/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)
Except he didn't say anything like that. Since when did having a opinion mean you're against free speech? Free Speech may allow you to poison the minds of millions of Americans with Conservative nonsense (like O Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, and others have done for years), but it also allows to speak out against said nonsense. Also, Obama is not relevant to the topic at hand, so why even bring it up? Much less liberals for that matter?
edit on 15-10-2010 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

I am sure you can give me a whole bunch of false quotes that Bill, Hannity, Beck, and Limbaugh have stated also, no? Quotes, not what you have "heard", that they have stated. I want cold hard facts. Can you stick to that for me?

Also, Whoopie pie got owned. She caved and crumbled like a burnt cake!

Oh and sorry, Liberals are the topic at hand. This was a well known Liberal "Attack the Conservative" show.
edit on 15-10-2010 by NeverApologize because: Addition

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Barbara got it right. Walking off the set only showed that they are closed minded, but this is how liberals are. Although terrrorism exists in all cultures, I do agree with Mr. O'Reilly on this issue.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
No offense, but Whoopi and her friend aren't what I'd call great political debaters. I've seen it before, as soon as someone presents them with a solid opposing view they get upset. I don't know if that's because they can't have their narrow little views challenged or just because they can't manage to actually discuss anything with any intelligence.

They just get pissy. Like most liberals. Including here on ATS.

edit on 15-10-2010 by Frontkjemper because: I r spelling master.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

well stereotyping is not going to help, that's for sure! i prefer not to be called a knuckle-dragging, low iq, christian bigot, white trash, dingbat, sheep, lacking common sense, logic and learnin'. so i imagine, some liberals might prefer not to be called things as well, particularly the stereotyping variety. doesn't that just frost your petunias? fry your hamburgers? barbecue your ribs? tick you off? it drives me absolutely bonkers!
edit on 15-10-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

But political baiting is alive and kicking on ATS!
That's what keeps threads like this going!

Thank you for not indulging and for calling it out!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Barbara Walters is so regal and so refined. She sets a good example of diplomacy. The problem is that those around her are hot heads and so full of ego they do not even respect her kind directions. I noticed that she used body language as opposed to attempting to yell above the crowd to be heard. Still, she was ignored. She does not belong in company like this. And if those around her do not respect her leadership, and in fact, treat her direction with belligerent contempt, then she does not need to be around people than cannot learn from or respect her dignified manners. Her guests and co-hosts are not worthy of her.

Barbara, you are a queen in a court of jesters and barbarians.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

With all due respect,
What is political baiting? Is it not just trying to engage someone and have them go along with your train of thought? Isn't it just the fuel to the debate?

I just watched it again. I must commend Barbara! She looked absolutely furious at her cohorts! I didn't catch that the first time. She was absolutely correct, we need to be able to engage in controversial debates in a mature manner.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by rakkasansct
Ms. Goldberg and Ms. Behar just showed what empty minded fools they are.

Nah. I think they showed Bill that people are tired of hearing his rhetoric and BS that comes out of his mouth.

Oh yea thats why a cheer went up when Bill pointed out that 70% of americans dont want it. And cheered when the two left.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

blessed are the (crazy white trash) peacemakers!
i think.....

anyway, do you think that show was serious? it was a real head scratcher for a minute there, and then didst dawn on me that O'Reilly and Co. were exercising ye olde dramatic license, complete with applause tracks in all the right places, so it seemed as if their audience agreed with bill and didn't agree with bill, AT THE SAME TIME. i thought, now THAT is what you call entertainment. people hear what they want. so the conservatives heard the audience cheering for bill and the liberals heard the audience cheering for whoopi and the other lady (what's her name? i like whoopi, so it's easy to remember her).
edit on 15-10-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I don't think some heard the entire debate, i'm sorry, the attempted assault, on Bill!

You noticed that too?

To all of my respected Liberals foes, please, play back the entire clip.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

for the record: i'm a slightly to the right leaner, so i'm not a dyed in the wool liberal or a dyed in the wool conservative. but i'm more conservative than liberal. if that makes sense. anyway, i watched the clip at the beginning of the thread. is there another? because, from what i saw, that was a really oddly choreographed piece. why would fans of the view, cheer for o'reilly? you must ask yourself these questions. and why would the 2 ladies storm off as if they had never encountered a discussion on the topic before, and furthermore, knowing full well what o'reilly's stance was from the outset?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by snusfanatic
if joy and whoopi weren't smart enough or willing to counter the stuff he was saying and instead to walk off the job, then i suggest they have no business being on tv.

Counter What? All 1.8 billion muslims in the world killed "us" on 9-11?

Counter What? All 7 million muslims in America killed "us" on 9-11?

Well lets make it a stament against the radical muslims then, how about that considering all of the peace loving muslims are well enough represented in this country.

For me these that get all worked up about this thing being built DO see it as a symbol of hate against the USA. Thats why these hate libs want to see it built. It is an idea like a middle finger in the face of thier own country that they cant stand.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Barbara Walters is so regal and so refined. She sets a good example of diplomacy. The problem is that those around her are hot heads and so full of ego they do not even respect her kind directions.Barbara, you are a queen in a court of jesters and barbarians.

Yea right. I still remember her for trying to take John Wayne down a few pegs for being a representation of an alpha male or mans man whatever.

Then she says its hard to tell if Bill is a pinhead or a patriot. Only if you are a pinhead Babs.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join