It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly causes Joy and Whoopi to walk off set of "The View"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yeah. Shows like The View are meant for entertainment more than anything else. Same as O'Reilly's show. Each one panders to a particular crowd that wants to hear whatever it is that helps to strengthen their own beliefs.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rakkasansct
If they were smart they would have stayed to ask more questions, or to get him to clarify. Very typical of most liberals and politicians tho. They don't have a coherent arguement so they get angry, and go off on a tiff. Ms. Goldberg and Ms. Behar just showed what empty minded fools they are. All they can do is tow the party line. Just like the rest of the MSM.

I agree that they should have remained and asked more questions, or to get him to clarify. However, you cross a line of over-generalization when you say, "Very typical of most *liberals* and politicians..." You would have done better to just have said, "Very typical of politicians." However, it's not very typical. In fact, I'd venture that MOST people of any kind don't get up and walk off on live TV.

But, to make an over-generalization of "liberals" based on two women from The View getting up and walking out is a falacy and is in bad form. It does, however, reveal your personal bias. I can remember just several months ago or within the last year how rude crowd members, mostly conservative, were "shouting down" politicians who were trying to speak and conduct townhall-styled meetings. What doest that say? I'd rather people get up and walk out than to try to shout-down a meeting. But, I personally won't take their bad examples and stereotype conservatives. Personally, I'm for the best person, the best ideas, regardless of party. There are good people and good ideas on both sides. Partisanship politics grinds everything to a halt, as do over-generalizing people based on the actions of two individuals.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Do you know why they walked off? Because Bill O'Reilly was correct.

When liberals are confronted by facts, they raise their voices, stomp their feet, call the person a racist, and then stomp out of the room. Democrat party = Farm Animals.

edit on 15-10-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

i think they want the members of the audience to know that even bill o'reilly can admit and does admit on their show, that it wasn't the muslim religion that did the deed, it was muslim extremists. this was a bit of a safety nozzle, for releasing fear and anger, as the subject has gotten over heated and exaggerated on all sides. fear develops anger, and as a little green guy from dagobah once said:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Oh, and I happen to admire O'Reilly's style. He will let anyone have it. By that, I mean that he takes his talent and perceptions and channels them in all directions, left, right, republican,democrat, liberal, conservative, etc. If someone is in the wrong, he won't let them try to "spin" a story. This is what separates him from Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh. This is why O'Reilly stands head-and-shoulders above them in quality, sanity, insight, perception and overall entertainment/informational value.

Okay, that being said, he tends to STEAMROLL his guests, but hey, they knew what to expect when they agreed to come on the show. Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh are so fiercely oriented in a single, Obama-hating agenda that their overall world views have become slanted, distorted and unfair. O'Reilly at least keeps things truly balanced, and he is the last person I would imagine to be a bigot or racist, unlike his mentioned piers.

Here is a salute to O'Reilly. As for The View, a salute goes out to Barbara Walters who called out Whoopi and what's-her-face. It was wrong. Imagine O'Reilly getting so upset that he left an interview on The Factor. THAT would have been just as wrong. Whoopi and what's-her-face really did a disservice to their own cause, because they essentially got up and left the court of debate.

O'Reilly should run for President. He might get my vote if he stays fair and balanced. I also recommend that Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh run for President, too. ---President of the sewage disposal system at the poorest inner city high school in New York. There, at least, they would be in like company.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

You are absolutely spot on correct. I agree and that why I never got into The View in the first place and gave up on O'Reilly quite some time ago. Time is much better spent reading and sifting carefully through news and using one's intellect and discernment to form an independent opinion. If you really crave debate and hearing another person's take on things, find and engage your own opponents. Sitting back and watching Joy or Bill or Whoopi do it for you is lazy and ultimately pointless as none of them knows or ever demonstrates the true art of debate anyway.
edit on 15-10-2010 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Fixed typo

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

you sure he's a conservative? i peg him as a liberal in a really interesting camoflage. sorta like a double agent or something
. maybe i'm wrong but he does tend to make conservatives look irrational and domineering, to the casual viewer. he can get pretty obnoxious, although he does frequently just lay it out there in the most truthful manner possible. you have to wonder if he carefully selects which things he will be brutally honest about and how that plays or doesn't play into his "agenda" or world view.
edit on 15-10-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Eh... from what I've observed both sides are like that. When one side doesn't get their way or is confronted by a contradictory or conflicting viewpoint they will most likely throw a tantrum and whine.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Look around the world today and you will find that almost every armed conflict being fought at the present time invovles Muslims on one side or the other. I have yet to see any high ranking Muslim leaders denounce the terrorist acts being perpetrated by Muslim extremist. I have yet to see a ground swell of moderate Muslims distancing themselves from the acts of these terrorist.
While it may not be PC to say, This is nothing more than a religious war, and anyone who reads history knows those kinds of wars are the most horrorific and bloody of all.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Fox News is worse for the America than Al Jazeera. period.

And who ever said Al Jazeera was bad for America? Your talking about the organization getting journalism awards and critical acclaim of people like the US government prior to 2001, after which the US government told you they were suddenly the bad guys, since legitimate Arab news coverage of the Iraq war may be bad for their pro-war PR campaign.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Are you by chance a producer for the O'Reilly Factor? Because I've seen that man spin people around more than a freaking merry-go-round sometimes.

O'Reilly's problem is that everyone who disagrees with him is always wrong because O'Reilly always believes himself to be right. That's bias and ignorance taken to a severely extreme level. When he is confronted by an opposing viewpoint that catches him off guard due to its logic, he'll try to spin the discussion around in order to save face. Either that, or resort to insulting the person. Calling his guest a pinhead or something else.

The only thing fair and balanced about his show is that almost every other news station that I have watched has been in favor of Obama and democrats. And the shows on Fox News require a bit more bias against democrats in order to even the scale out. Unfortunately that bit of bias is actually a prodigious amount.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
reply to post by Sparky63

Their actions were childish. But in their defense I'm sure they were disgusted enough by what O'Reilly was saying about Muslims that they didn't want to partake in the "discussion" any further. That kind of rhetoric incites hate against Muslims.

Other than that, I'm not really sure a discussion even took place. It sounded like a gaggle of squawking geese cluttered around an old man tossing bread crumbs to them.

I don't believe for one minute that they truly believed O'reilly was blaming "ALL" Muslims for 9/11. They followed the old axiom, "make hay while the sun shines" and jumped on what he said to proclaim their self righteous indignation. They know what he meant but their little "walk-out" made for good television. And here we all are talking about it....
What a farce.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
more proof that left-wingers and right-wingers are so full of themselves they cant help but behave like children. O`reilly deliberately says "muslims" instead of "muslim terrorists" in order to incite goldbergs predictable temper-tantrum and going off-stage. What a bunch of clowns.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmaleThank you for proving my point without any further verbiage required on my part...the hard core Liberals of America want - no lust after - the decline of America as the leaders of the free world.

We in the West - not just America - need to be unafraid to stand tall and to defend our values and our position in the geopolitical world.

Again, your getting it wrong.
Liberal agenda thingie is not about having America decline as a leader, we just want to lead in a different direction.

We don't want America to be known as the guy with the really freaking big bombs, we want America to be known as the intellectual powerhouses and diverse pleasures of the world, a scientific and happy society that is -not- the world police, but rather, the place where everyone would dream of living to persue their own life, liberty, and persuit of happiness.

That to me is what America stands for...not the "we got the biggest coc...erm...bombs on earth! but rather, we got the biggest brains...somehow we lost that goal and instead decided our worth = how many people we can fry in foreign nations with a single button. That...is a disaster

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

reply to post by Sparky63

Their actions were childish. But in their defense I'm sure they were disgusted enough by what O'Reilly was saying about Muslims that they didn't want to partake in the "discussion" any further. That kind of rhetoric incites hate against Muslims.

Other than that, I'm not really sure a discussion even took place. It sounded like a gaggle of squawking geese cluttered around an old man tossing bread crumbs to them.

I don't believe for one minute that they truly believed O'reilly was blaming "ALL" Muslims for 9/11. They followed the old axiom, "make hay while the sun shines" and jumped on what he said to proclaim their self righteous indignation. They know what he meant but their little "walk-out" made for good television. And here we all are talking about it....
What a farce.

Actually, I used to watch Fox News and shows like the O'Reilly factor somewhat habitually. And I can say with certainty that particular shows like O'Reilly's have an actual agenda against Muslims and Islam. But due to some sort of decency standards on television, they aren't able to outright say "We are against Muslims and Islam." So instead, they disguise their opinions and beliefs in some sort of patriotic wrapping.

O'Reilly may not believe that the entire Islamic population orchestrated 911, but I'm positive he personally believes that Islam is a cancer to the American way of life, and that Islam in itself is a major problem that needs to be dealt with. So he does what he can to spread that message.
edit on 15-10-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Section31

Eh... from what I've observed both sides are like that. When one side doesn't get their way or is confronted by a contradictory or conflicting viewpoint they will most likely throw a tantrum and whine.

Good point.

We have seen that in recent history. Very good point.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Wow... for a moment I thought you were referring to the American government.

FOX is no better or worse than the other media outlets attempting to or otherwise successfully manipulating information to their benefit.

Certainly you realize that NONE of them want you to think for yourself?

Why are media outlets (or the people who control/own them) contending for your acceptance?

Don't they just report the news?

Fear doesn't gain profit, it gains control.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Well lets make it a stament against the radical muslims then, how about that considering all of the peace loving muslims are well enough represented in this country.

For me these that get all worked up about this thing being built DO see it as a symbol of hate against the USA. Thats why these hate libs want to see it built. It is an idea like a middle finger in the face of thier own country that they cant stand.

Some people may look at it this way, people on both sides of the arguement, both for it being built and against it being built. And those who do not want it built probably do not want a mosque built anywhere in America, while while funding actions and behaviors in foreign lands that they are not informed about.

What I was pointing out was the intentionality, the reasoning why they stood up and walked off stage from their point of views. They walked off because Bill would not differentiate between Muslims and whatever the individuals that allegedly perpetrated the events of 9-11.

Those who laid the foundation for the events of that day were also Americans who have been manipulating and influencing (through sanctions and many other means) the policies and living standards in many Muslim nations for decades.

Even today Americans are not aware of where their tax dollars go, nor what is going on in warzones, and who is getting paid to do what, or the level of unnaccountability of their tax dollars. And Fox is not reporting on it either. Nor has Fox been giving wartime coverage more than 2% of their airtime in years.

The way Fox delivers information is meant to control, not just influence, but control peoples' opinions. This is not my opinion, this is consistent with reality from my point of view due to the psyops tactics that Fox incorporates into their programming and uses against their audience.

These are few of my thoughts on this subject, but also, Whoopi may have walked off to accompany her co-worker and friend to make sure she was alright. She had been dissed by Bill who told her to "Shut up and you might learn something".

Bill was rude. But, Bill doesn't care how rude he comes across as much as others might. Bill is rude because it is what Bill panders and what Bill is.

pleasantries,
ET

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
more proof that left-wingers and right-wingers are so full of themselves they cant help but behave like children. O`reilly deliberately says "muslims" instead of "muslim terrorists" in order to incite goldbergs predictable temper-tantrum and going off-stage. What a bunch of clowns.

when you talk about ww2 do you say germans or german terrorists. when we were attacked Dec 7th 1941 by the Japanese do you say we were attacked by the Japanese or Japanese terrorist. you know not all germans or japs were bad. but when we talk about the Japanese attacking us we label all japanese but not all japanese hated or attacked us so whats the differents here?

your all to sensitive with words, a muslim group attacked us on 9/11, a muslim terrorist group attacked us on 9/11. It dossent matter.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JollyLlama

Very well put.

I think manipulating information is taking truisms and turning them into something else.

Fear is what Fox panders, Fear is what Fox sells, Fear is what Fox strives to prey on after they create it in the hearts and minds of others.

Fear is detrimental in many aspects. The wolves should not own a monopoly on the watering hole.

pleasantries,
ET

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join