It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Proof The Sea Floor Moved....Discussion of Explosions in the Gulf...Is BP Causing Them?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Another view

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Look what I just caught.....this is the well head connector

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Another view of the leaking well head connector

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d61207fb9bb0.jpg[/atsimg]
To be frank I am a bit disturbed at the recent video postings from mid Oct onwards especially this one. In normal cases when we see gas bubbling up (say like a pot of hot chocolate), the bubbles “pop” leaving circular depressions which then smoothed over due to the liquidity of the molten chocolate. In soft marine clay, the depressions remain because of its cohesiveness and strength > 20kpa. In the video above, the light followed by dark shadows are “pimple-like” relief spots while the dark grey shadows followed by light reflected faces are grooves or depressions (opposite of side scan interpretation).

This is important as I am making the assumption that the color of the rov video had not been inversed ie white light inverted to dark grey. If the seabed is more like “pimples (+ve relief)” (as opposed to pockmarks or pitted –ve relief), then the clay-rich pimples had been left behind from the evaporation the methane calthrate making-up the mass of the clay-methane calthrate superficial (top) layer.

If it is the other way around, ie the seabed is pitted rather than pimpled, it means the superficial layer (top) comprises predominantly clay and the evaporated gas (from below the layer) forces their through the clay layer to pop up as depressions. This is the normal case we see on most seafloor in surveys around the world but not in this case from this video.

It is disturbing to see gas (methane) evaporating from the sea floor. It can only mean that the naturally stable methane calthrate at the present seafloor level is no longer stable and evaporating, leaving behind spots or pimples of clay-richer sediment. The large flat shallow depressions suggest that these patches of seafloor had already evaporated off. Eventually the clay-richer pimples will also disappear as the clay disintegrates and disperses.

The other videos show some wires on the seabed and a coil hanging upright. Not sure what they mean but could it be some kind “electromagnetic” thing? Funny the white bubbles seem to be flowing laterally (or could the ROV be moving?). To me it appears as if the bubbles were appearing out of nowhere (methane gas separation from the water crystal structure?). I cannot be sure. Perhaps some chemists or physicists can help us out.

Regarding the larger wavy white “thing” turning colour and disappearing; it reminds me of:

A will-o'-the-wisp or ignis fatuus (Latin, from ignis, "fire" + fatuus, "foolish"), also called will-o'-wisp, corpse candle, jack-o'-lantern, friar's lantern, gunderslislik, and wisp, is a Folklore depiction of ghostly light sometimes seen at night or twilight over bogs, swamps, and marshes. It resembles a flickering lamp and is sometimes said to recede if approached.

edit on 20-10-2010 by BK Lim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

It appears to me that something was pushed out, leaving littlepimples like you said....I saw this for hours as the ROV did a Bilological Survey....could you see the stuff coming out of the? It didn't show up too well on the video, but most of them had a vapor coming out.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

One must ask why is there so much methane hydrate build-up? Where is the methane gas coming from? Obviously from the capped well (Well A) which is still actively leaking methane from the Rigel Gas reservoir above the Macondo Oil reservoir at 18,000ft ml.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

Have you seen the active leak in the well head connector I just posted? I caught it and when I went back they had turned the feed off....talk about LUCK catching that!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

Most certainly! So, if there is a release of methane gas, could that be the source of some of these explosions? The ones where the explosion is such a bright white it almost hurts your eyes to look at?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b5b2af64d06.jpg[/atsimg]

Skat, no the flat smooth depression proved that the gas did not push their way out of the sediment. It means the top layer is clay-methane calthrate. The layer just vaporised into thin air (methane). Refer back to my Diagrammatic illustration posted end of July where the hot oil and gas from the reservoir migrate to the upper strata and heat up the methane hydrate to above their stablised state - causing them to vaporise. This is bad news for global warming / climate change.

bklim.newsvine.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

That's what I like about you BK! You always explain things so well...thankyou. That does sound pretty bad....I also got some video where the sea floor is covered in little "gashes....looks almost like stab wounds.....lots of them....is this normal? I'll post it so you can see what I mean....give me a few minutes.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here it is BK...

Here is the link instead.... www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-10-2010 by StealthyKat because: correction

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Thanks Skat. I do not see the video yet.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

Look above, I posted the link since it isn't working right.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc5d10d17d3c.jpg[/atsimg]

Is this the video?

These are just skid marks and imprints from equipment on the seafloor. The seafloor is laden with heavy drilling mud not the natural clay sediment.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

Yes....I recorded it this morning

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The earlier videos must be at different places. Pity there were no coordinates on the video.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

Yes, that one from today was from around the well.....the other one I'm not sure, it was during a biological survey.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6dcf62140a28.jpg[/atsimg]

SKat, you are looking at the Grouting Crater in the aftermath of the pressure grouting (mistaken for seafloor explosion). Notice the rectangular cemented block at the corner used to hold the umbilical comprising the various pressure hoses and control cables. An explosion crater could not leave the “cement block” intact.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This was just something I saw while watching the ROV do a seafloor survey....I just knew it was out of place. Funny you should mention umbilical cords....today they are installing umbilical cords, and yesterday they installed a subsea distribution unit....which I assume combines with the unbilical for something. Perhaps new grouting ops?
edit on 20-10-2010 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

See my latest posting on the ROV coordinates.
bklim.newsvine.com...

It also proves that though the information is somewhat distorted, there are people who wants to "send us a clear message".

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join