It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Y/O Shot In Back After Throwing Rocks At Old Man....Can This Be Justified?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This is harassment by the teenagers. The incident does not look much when reading it but seeing first hand the elderly - especially the less fortunate ones constantly being mentally tormented is a different thing.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You illustrate my point! I wasn't a "bad" kid. I was a straight A student, football player, math league, choir, and I went to college on scholarships!

Sure it was "bad" behavior, but I had good parents, good neighbors, good teachers, good friends. We were the "in" crowd. Yet, we still pushed our boundaries, acted out, did some stupid things, got in trouble a few times, and learned how to be good adults. That same group of kids are now teachers, principles, engineers, and pro athletes! I sure am glad we didn't run across any of the idiots that think kids are supposed to be killed for acting like kids!

We learned because of the interactions we had with well-grounded adults. That old man didn't think we needed to be shot and killed. He thought we needed to be caught and taught a lesson. Our parents agreed. So, we spent the day working in his yard and making up for our mischief. MISCHIEF! Not crimes, not assault, not anything worth dying over.

Sure, throwing rocks at cars is not a good thing to do. There are repercussions that kids don't think about. We weren't trying to get anyone hurt. The man with the gumption to stop and show us some "natural consequences" taught us all a life lesson! Bad behavior=bad consequences.

I can't believe 20 years later people are so willing to kill a kid. In these days the guy in the corvette would be in jail, the kids would be in jail, the old man would be in jail, the lady with the clothesline would have gotten sued, my friends would all be dead or delinquents instead of upstanding citizens and public servants.

What the hell happened to our world?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Reply to post by getreadyalready

My guess is that 40 or so years ago those small-town methods of discipline became suspect themselves. "Catching" somebody turned into unlawful restraint. Parents of delinquent kids started sticking up for their delinquent kids. Rather than make them go and clean up their mess they would stand their ground and argue that their kid did nothing wrong.

The kids got self-righteous and felt invulnerable. This escalated their behavior from throwing rocks at cars to dropping cinder blocks from overpasses.

Youthful offender status compounded the problem.

Mischief isnt enough anymore for a lot of them. It's just hard crime and assaults now. The older are quite sick of it. Quite sick of nothing ever being done. Constant excuses being made. And the kids just getting more and more aggressive.

Sure, in some small podunk towns of less than 1,000 residents the way you remember still continues. Where I am it's basically all mischief. But in the past 3 years it's escalated. Wanton destruction is the norm now. So is hostile verbal assaults of people just walking on the street by kids for "fun." And nothing is being done. Parents make excuses for their kids bad behavior. Cops cant do anything but say "hey, stop that" and it wont be long now before we see muggings and burglaries.

Not all the kids are horrible. Not all the old folks are paranoid or trigger happy but if this were a chart we'd see a solid 45 degree line shooting up year after year and a flat line of "dealing with it" accomplishing nothing year after year.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by getreadyalready

Not all the kids are horrible. Not all the old folks are paranoid or trigger happy but if this were a chart we'd see a solid 45 degree line shooting up year after year and a flat line of "dealing with it" accomplishing nothing year after year.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

You are right, they aren't all horrible but this one was and thats why he got shot, the old man didn't shoot him for a laugh.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
... Show some respect? YA WHY DONT YOU SHOW SOME RESPECT YOU HYPOCRITES!? How uncaring and heartless can you be all be? People on this site wonder why I hate the human race. I hope all of you burn in hell. A BOY WAS SHOT IN THE BACK!! IN THE BACK! WHICH MEANS HE WAS NOT ABOUT TO THROW A ROCK AND KILL THE OLD GUY. WTF IS A MATTER WITH ALL OF YOU!? JESUS CHRIST!

edit: Have we lost all empathy and compassion? Seriously, my heart is turning right now. AGHH!! I'm infuriated beyond all recognition.

edit on 14-10-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

That is the point of the keyboard commandos that are talking like that. They just want to get a rile out of people and vent their frustrations at life. 99.5% of them would never even talk like that in real life. Don't let such trolls work you up.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well as usual the media paints a load of sensationalistic crap. 3 youths vandalize the old guy with rocks etc. The old guy pulls a .22, not a desert eagle, not a .44 magnum not a 700 Remington, a freaking .22.
Suddenly the youths are pillars of the community and the mom is raving about "her baby".

None of us were actually the old guy in this case, and it's possible this isn't the first time the old guys been threatened by these youths. Had these youths been repeatedly terrorizing the old guy, then they took their chances. What's really interesting about this, is if the old guy had had a badge, the same group of posters here would be cheering the old guys actions.

As far as shot in the back goes, level a handgun at most cowards, and they will turn "track star" immediately.
Should the old guy have pointed at the youths, probably not. Should the youths have had some kind of supervision, probably. For all we know these youths were waving their own gun around. Without more information I for one will reserve judgment on the old guy.

..Ex

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
One less punk on the street. Couldnt really care if he died. I wish that old fella would shoot some more, maybe they would start to learn how to behave.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

Nice work sir

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

A .22 is absolutely as deadly as any other gun. What is the difference what size the gun was? Now rocks on the other hand. Rocks thrown at a house or a car are not deadly. There was no reported damage to the house or the car, there was no report of another gun. There was just some annoying teenagers and a cranky old man that decided to take a life.

All of you that are so happy that he killed the kid, please tell me how many people you have killed? Hmmm? I am sure you have been annoyed by kids before. Cut off in traffic? Cut in line? Mistreated by a cashier? Passed over for a promotion? You should all have a pretty good body count by now! If someone annoys you or harasses you or makes you uncomfortable in some way, just shoot em. That will teach them a lesson.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Why are you defending this piece of trash? He got what was coming to him. The reason thugs like him run around is because the government is taking away peoples ability to fight back. They have an easy ride and are never punished for what they do.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Here, here

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
reply to post by sliceNodice

Why are you defending this piece of trash? He got what was coming to him. The reason thugs like him run around is because the government is taking away peoples ability to fight back. They have an easy ride and are never punished for what they do.

Maybe you read a different article than me?

Please post a link to the article where he is a "thug" "trash" or had a death penalty coming to him?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

A .22 is absolutely as deadly as any other gun. What is the difference what size the gun was? Now rocks on the other hand. Rocks thrown at a house or a car are not deadly. There was no reported damage to the house or the car, there was no report of another gun. There was just some annoying teenagers and a cranky old man that decided to take a life.

I can't help but get the feeling your trolling. Had he pulled a .44, then the old guy was in some dirty harry fantasy and gunning to shoot someone. If you think rocks aren't deadly please visit some "Woman stoned to death in Iran" threads. How you can take such a position without any information about what really happened except that one sensationalistic artical is beyond me.

A .22 is very seldom deadly, unless you get a really lucky shot, or shoot someone in the eye at an upward angle allowing the bullet to enter the brain. Not only that, the average .22 is made with such shoddy tolerances that unless this is a competition weapon your really lucky to actually hit the target. Seeing as it was a handgun, it wasn't a competition weapon.

So when the day comes that you get swarmed by a group of teenagers out to beat someone for the entertainment factor, I will be sure to express that they were just having fun. In this case as I already stated we simply don't have enough information. Troll on..

..Ex

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I would say that someone throwing rocks at an old man in his home and damaging his property without reason, fits the description of a "thug" and "trash" almost perfectly. How low can you go? Just look at the photos of the lad, he's not your average friendly 15 year old.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This is 100% and completely Justified! What the hell is this kid doing throwing rocks at other peoples property/stuff, especially in that neighborhood. This is what I always tell people, "One of these days, your gonna piss off the wrong person, and then you'll get it". Well thats what this kid and his friends did. they picked on and harassed an old man, who im sure was 1000 times more afraid than these kids. the way I see it,

You act like an animal, you get treated like an animal!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Since when did property become more valuable than life? There's something seriously wrong here. I read 2 of the articles, one wouldn't load, so my question is, why didn't he call the cops? I care little about what calibre the weapon was. It killed the kid. Try to get off killing someone while drunk driving because you had a Prias and not a Caddy wouldn't fly, this doesn't either.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

What this bears to is intent, of course this is totally lost on the bleeding hearts.
If he INTENDED to kill that kid, I'm sure he could have shot him in the face. If he INTENDED to kill that kid he could have used a much better weapon, as he probably would have been stockpiling for just such an occasion.

If the honor student didn't expect to risk his life, he shouldn't go about picking fights with people, throwing rocks to damage or injure or terrorize other people. You would think, that after living to actually get to BE an old person he might have earned the right to be left alone. But sure, lets defend the people who pick on the weak, the aged, the helpless. Then later, we can all sit around and wonder why we all have chicken wire on our windows.

Don't start none, there wont be none.

..Ex

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Intent? I was taught many years ago that you didn't point a weapon, let alone shoot it, unless you were going to kill what you were aiming at. I'd say his intent was pretty clear. "I'm going to teach those little buggers." Again, why didn't he call the cops? The article said that it was going on for some time. They could have gotten there and handled it properly.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Rocks do not just hurt they can KILL. A friend lost his daughter to a rock that hit her in the temple.

I do not blame the guy. He probably shot to drive them off and hit one by accident.

I have done the same to an individual who was stealing me blind as well as killing and torturing my animals for years three years running. The police did nothing despite repeated reports, but a couple of shots in the night finally ended the problem. Please note in one court case against the individual for shooting into a neighbor's house occupied by a toddler, it came up that she had threatened to kill me. She had already tried to run my husband down with a truck as well as a neighbor and her child on a separate occasion. She was also responsible for a third neighbor's death and that is just barely touching the full story.

I mention my experience to show how this type of terrorism can be varied and prolonged in nature. I live in the country so you can take my experience and multiply it by a hundred for this poor guy.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Sorry to hear about your experience but it has nothing to do with this issue. I can hardly see where it relates. Different people. You would be projecting your thoughts and feelings to this incident. That's not logical.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join