It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ch1n1t0
Rich, excuse me for not seeing that earlier, I admit I made a mistake on the silver balloons! Thanks for clearing that particular one!

Cheers!
edit on 14-10-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

no problem, but now do you understand why im getting annoyed?. i keep posting evidence but keep getting ignored. and also people are bringing allsorts of absolutely unrelated videos and pictures up to use as proof without even checking on them, then people attack me when i tell them the video/pictures are old and unrelated, the burden seems to keep falling on me to prove things when i am not the one making claims, and all the people making wild far out claims are providing absolutely nothing.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
reply to post by brigand

here you go mr [edit], the balloons in new york just before they were released, taken via earth cam

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2b0a63511a2.jpg[/atsimg]

and also a link to the story of why they were released, just for the people that are too ignorant and lazy to look themselves.... www.theepochtimes.com...

edit on 14-10-2010 by Gazrok because: Edited personal attack. Please refrain from name-calling towards members.

First of all, at what time where the balloons released?

Second of all, Your random party helium balloons will rise (being lighter than air) until the pressure inside is so much greater than the pressure outside that the rubber that the balloon is made of can't handle the strain anymore (pressure decreases with altitude). Exact altitude will depend on how strong the rubber is that the balloon is made of. Weak balloons will pop lower down, while strong balloons can rise very high. Atmospheric temperature will also affect maximum height. However, due to winds, some balloons can be pushed hundreds of miles to land nowhere near from where balloons were released. More impressively, the massive, very technical, and well designed weather balloons used by the National Weather Service are designed to reach a minimum altitude of 100,000 feet. They're built in with a lot of strong but extremely light material that is designed to give the buoyant gases plenty of room to expand. But then again, as you showed with the picture, they were not weather balloons, but your "regular" balloons. Balloons don't stand still, and surely, after balloons being released, air would move them far away from where they were released

By knowing the balloons were released near "Gran Via", we can compare how far Chelsea is:

now wouldn't people see the balloons as they're going up? Also certainly by looking at the size of those balloons they would not be visible after about an hour by using just the eyes. Also they certainly would know they were balloons, as stated before, almost EVERYDAY there are balloons released. Witnesses also described how they formed formations, sometimes moving from one place to the other, going down and up, now correct me if I'm wrong but balloons don't do that. Now, at about 9:30 am is when everything started, and lasted until 4:30 pm... How do balloons stay still, hovering and making formations for about 7 hours? Also, since when do balloons disappear and appear? (Source; The video), also if you believe earthcam, how would you explain the weird glowing objects it recorded yesterday night?

Listen, I don't care if you live in your close minded, comfort zone world all the way over there in England, or if you're just trolling, but what I care is what you call me or anyone who believe this, or putting down anyone who does, this is real, it did happen, and disregarding it and assuming dozens if not HUNDREDS of people in NY are idiots for making a fuzz over balloons is even more idiotic. Go back to your little corner and stay there for the sake of this thread.

Thank you.

P.S.
Anyone who keeps saying they're embarrassed of this thread, or members of this site, posting in the UFOS AND ALIENS section is dumb, don't like it? you can always choose other sections of this site and stay away from the UFOs and Aliens section.

Thank you.

Sources:
www.livescience.com...
www.natrium42.com...
www.myfoxny.com...
maps.google.com...
www.youtube.com...
answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Those clusters of yellow balloons do not look anything like what people are describing. I think people know what balloons look like and New Yorkers would not stop to stare at them in the sky for hours. How would a bunch a balloons be able to remain stationary in the same position in the sky for 1 hour or more? People witnessed these objects hovering in place for up to an hour then change position and hover in another spot. Can balloons do that?

again these are just claims and stories, again eyewitness testimony means nothing whatsoever without corroborating evidence, again show me a video or picture that corroborates what you're saying ?. and not all the rubbish thats already been disproven.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I understand your point. Just to let you know that I didn't intentionally choose to skip your earlier post, I was checking both-sides-of-the-coin info throughout the past 30 hours, it's just TMI

Cheers and don't get so easily annoyed, people, in the first place, are quite vulnerable to fooling and I don't think that's something new for you.

Anyway, it's been nice to see so many ideas, thoughts, proof of all sort etc. etc...

I'm gonna drop dead in my bed for some time now, hope you guys see something interesting and much better than only lights in the sky!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Enter Ruin

jesus, the night videos are of planes, and unrelated to the balloons, how many times?.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Great Post!

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
May i ask a question?the earthcam i am looking at now is the same area i was looking last night new york,now it has been said it was planes or helicopters last night since there are so many airports planes are flying out all the time,why is it i have not seen anything that looks like a plane flying in the area now at 12ish am,seems alot were flying last night but none today? i find that odd

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

i already explained that many times but again you chose to ignore it, there were many unrelated incidents such as balloonss and planes but everyone was already in a flap by then.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Those clusters of yellow balloons do not look anything like what people are describing. I think people know what balloons look like and New Yorkers would not stop to stare at them in the sky for hours. How would a bunch a balloons be able to remain stationary in the same position in the sky for 1 hour or more? People witnessed these objects hovering in place for up to an hour then change position and hover in another spot. Can balloons do that?

again these are just claims and stories, again eyewitness testimony means nothing whatsoever without corroborating evidence, again show me a video or picture that corroborates what you're saying ?. and not all the rubbish thats already been disproven.

thanks

rich

wow what a comment and guess if you wanted ti be a police officer you have take every eyewitness seriously but with a comment like this

again these are just claims and stories, again eyewitness testimony means nothing whatsoever without corroborating evidence

your a closed minded sorry thats a fact.
And also your balloon theory falls apart, doesn't match events the events we have seen last night or during the day.

jesus, the night videos are of planes, and unrelated to the balloons, how many times?.

sorry but we all have seen 4 lights hovering above and the last time i checked there were no flights around the time of the objects 4 objects we all seen.

since you dont buy eyewitness accounts, i am not bothering with your theory.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasmine23
May i ask a question?the earthcam i am looking at now is the same area i was looking last night new york,now it has been said it was planes or helicopters last night since there are so many airports planes are flying out all the time,why is it i have not seen anything that looks like a plane flying in the area now at 12ish am,seems alot were flying last night but none today? i find that odd

the radar station got evacuated due to a gas leak yesterday causing different plane traffic.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

thanks

rich

i already explained that many times but again you chose to ignore it, there were many unrelated incidents such as balloonss and planes but everyone was already in a flap by then.

thanks

rich

What a way to disprove all the facts I showed you, you convinced me, they were balloons... *ends sarcasm

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

so basically what you are saying is that you cant offer any evidence? ok, thought as much...

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Listen, people have been fooled by balloons many times in history. Do you not understand that? After looking at your post history, it seems you only post in the UFO and Aliens forum... have you not learned yet that people often mistake mundane things as UFOs? Have you never thought a balloon looked like a UFO? I know I have... I know MANY people have.... there are MANY topics in ATS' HOAX forum that turned out to be balloons... It happens.

Balloons are at mercy with the wind. Wind stops, turns, spins, changes direction, goes up and down, it's wild... balloons just go along for the ride. Yes, balloons can hover very high in the sky too, where people can hardly tell if it is a balloon or a UFO, it happens all the time. HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS??? All your posts in the UFO and Aliens forum and you learned NOTHING?

Also, that video of lights in the sky are JETS. Watch this video that I filmed my self just to prove they are jets... I filmed the jets I see every day:

THESE ARE CONFIRMED JETS:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
does anyone else find it strange that the history channel is running the ufo files today?its like they (whomever they are)want us to be constantly thinking of this subject,it just seems odd to me.............. oh well.........just thought I would throw that out there

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

its been shown over and over and over and over again in all the threads but again and again you just ignore what doesn't fit, balloons were released in daytime, ufo flap started, people started looking for ufos and filmed planes when the balloons had gone.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well, all I want to say is RICH-ENGLAND

I disagree I don't believe they WERE just planes
my bad.......... Grandma is in rare form again

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz
reply to post by ch1n1t0

Thanks for posting those,
I've been looking for them.
They resemble these

and those in silver would look like your images.
Again, I still see this as a man made event and we are being manipulated to believe UFOs so we ban together, get rid of our rights, and our guns, and submit to NWO for they will be the only ones to protect poor little us (sarcasm here!)
Again, its not that I'm against aliens, I would love one to pinch me on the butt and take a pic cuz it lasts longer,
and for me, that maybe what it takes. But again, I'm open to see more.

those pictures have absolutely nothing to do with yesterday, they are old...

thanks

rich

Actually these were the same things seen in the video shown on GMA this morning... so they have EVERYTHING to do with yesterday.

As you can see it looks exactly like what was shown on Good Morning America today...

abcnews.go.com...

And it looks exactly like what was shown on Fox 5 last night as well..

www.myfoxny.com...

Like I said everything to do with it... please stop with the dis-info

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
does anyone else find it strange that the history channel is running the ufo files today?its like they (whomever they are)want us to be constantly thinking of this subject,it just seems odd to me.............. oh well.........just thought I would throw that out there

not at all, alien/ufo films, documentaries and tv shows are on throughout the year every year.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Great post.
Allot happened yesterday and I'm not chalking it up to just balloons. Many people in many places reported seeing objects in the sky. It was an overly active day to put it mildly. Ive read too many accounts on different sites and I'm not ready to call all of those people wackos with bad eyes. If I'm honest I think the people fighting tooth and nail saying it was just balloons and attacking anyone who says otherwise is a bit annoying. Lets have an open mind without our brains falling out.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

they have nothing to do with it whatsoever because those pictures are fake.

and in that video is a CLUSTER of the yellow balloons! doh

thanks

rich
edit on 14-10-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join