It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10

Originally posted by Enter Ruin
NO minutes apart, 30 seconds apart.. and airplanes don't fly like that and at that speed... thank you

Most jets fly around 500 miles per hour.

500 / 60 = 8.33 miles per minute

8.33 / 60 = 0.138 miles per second

30 sec. * 0.138 = 4.14 miles every 30 seconds.

Are you trying to tell me that the video does NOT look like jets flying 4.14 miles every 30 seconds?

You are wrong. They ARE images of jets moving 4.14 miles every image.

Thank you.
source please?...

also, jets can't fly so close to each other

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

That footage most definitely doesn't show jets.

EPIC FAIL of a debunking exercise. And what's with all the talk of balloons (generally, throughout the thread)? Conveniently yellow, but that still doesn't account for the light show at 10pm.

This is either government drones, experimental craft or UFOs controlled by EBEs. Not balloons, not jets.

Why, oh why, do we bother engaging with people who spin such atrocious 'efforts' at debunking something so clearly out of the ordinary? Shepherd them into a little box, close the lid and they'll be happy. Meanwhile, the rest of us can get on with figuring out what's really going on.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

okay what happened here in new york i live here and assure you there is no well anything going on

i beleive this thread is a prime example of mass hysteria

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by Enter Ruin

UFOs from yesterday:

I certainly see the difference... people in denial are unbelievable. (Not just you but the others also

nevermind
edit on 14-10-2010 by jacktherer because: i didn't pay close attention to the vid

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm just going to do this because new people just started posting again, claiming the objects from yesterday were balloons:

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
reply to post by brigand

here you go mr [edit], the balloons in new york just before they were released, taken via earth cam

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2b0a63511a2.jpg[/atsimg]

and also a link to the story of why they were released, just for the people that are too ignorant and lazy to look themselves.... www.theepochtimes.com...

edit on 14-10-2010 by Gazrok because: Edited personal attack. Please refrain from name-calling towards members.

First of all, at what time where the balloons released?

Second of all, Your random party helium balloons will rise (being lighter than air) until the pressure inside is so much greater than the pressure outside that the rubber that the balloon is made of can't handle the strain anymore (pressure decreases with altitude). Exact altitude will depend on how strong the rubber is that the balloon is made of. Weak balloons will pop lower down, while strong balloons can rise very high. Atmospheric temperature will also affect maximum height. However, due to winds, some balloons can be pushed hundreds of miles to land nowhere near from where balloons were released. More impressively, the massive, very technical, and well designed weather balloons used by the National Weather Service are designed to reach a minimum altitude of 100,000 feet. They're built in with a lot of strong but extremely light material that is designed to give the buoyant gases plenty of room to expand. But then again, as you showed with the picture, they were not weather balloons, but your "regular" balloons. Balloons don't stand still, and surely, after balloons being released, air would move them far away from where they were released

By knowing the balloons were released near "Gran Via", we can compare how far Chelsea is:

now wouldn't people see the balloons as they're going up? Also certainly by looking at the size of those balloons they would not be visible after about an hour by using just the eyes. Also they certainly would know they were balloons, as stated before, almost EVERYDAY there are balloons released. Witnesses also described how they formed formations, sometimes moving from one place to the other, going down and up, now correct me if I'm wrong but balloons don't do that. Now, at about 9:30 am is when everything started, and lasted until 4:30 pm... How do balloons stay still, hovering and making formations for about 7 hours? Also, since when do balloons disappear and appear? (Source; The video), also if you believe earthcam, how would you explain the weird glowing objects it recorded yesterday night?

Listen, I don't care if you live in your close minded, comfort zone world all the way over there in England, or if you're just trolling, but what I care is what you call me or anyone who believe this, or putting down anyone who does, this is real, it did happen, and disregarding it and assuming dozens if not HUNDREDS of people in NY are idiots for making a fuzz over balloons is even more idiotic. Go back to your little corner and stay there for the sake of this thread.

Thank you.

P.S.
Anyone who keeps saying they're embarrassed of this thread, or members of this site, posting in the UFOS AND ALIENS section is dumb, don't like it? you can always choose other sections of this site and stay away from the UFOs and Aliens section.

Thank you.

Sources:
www.livescience.com...
www.natrium42.com...
www.myfoxny.com...
maps.google.com...
www.youtube.com...
answers.yahoo.com...
edit on 14-10-2010 by Enter Ruin because: adding reason why re-posting

edit on 14-10-2010 by Enter Ruin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Second video is interesting (if not posted already)

First I see individual 'dots' then we see 'clusters' and now this?

Hmmmm, seems like we had different events happening yesterday over NYC. We're still unsure what all this is about so I suggest all UFO enthusiasts (like myself) remain opened minded.
This can lead either to much disappointment or sensational excitement in a nano second so stay tuned and open minded!

UFO in NYC: Aliens or balloons in New York sky?

UFO Ships Hovering Over NYC October 13 2010..

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

not on take off or landing! Seriously could you imagine a Jumbo comming in that hot? Ok, at 20,000 feet yeahbut not that far off the ground!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

why are you posting that again, and again what do the balloons have to do with the plane videos?.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ok, so I've been a die hard reader of this website for a long time, but really, that does it. Rich, you're obviously trolling this whole forum. Well, I do hope. You're being arrogant and accuse people of jumping to conclusions too fast. Isn't it what you're doing? Your yellow baloon webcam shot could be any day, and it seems you decided to ignore this very post, so I'm gonna put it right there for you to read, once again probably:

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
reply to post by brigand

here you go mr [edit], the balloons in new york just before they were released, taken via earth cam

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2b0a63511a2.jpg[/atsimg]

and also a link to the story of why they were released, just for the people that are too ignorant and lazy to look themselves.... www.theepochtimes.com...

edit on 14-10-2010 by Gazrok because: Edited personal attack. Please refrain from name-calling towards members.

First of all, at what time where the balloons released?

Second of all, Your random party helium balloons will rise (being lighter than air) until the pressure inside is so much greater than the pressure outside that the rubber that the balloon is made of can't handle the strain anymore (pressure decreases with altitude). Exact altitude will depend on how strong the rubber is that the balloon is made of. Weak balloons will pop lower down, while strong balloons can rise very high. Atmospheric temperature will also affect maximum height. However, due to winds, some balloons can be pushed hundreds of miles to land nowhere near from where balloons were released. More impressively, the massive, very technical, and well designed weather balloons used by the National Weather Service are designed to reach a minimum altitude of 100,000 feet. They're built in with a lot of strong but extremely light material that is designed to give the buoyant gases plenty of room to expand. But then again, as you showed with the picture, they were not weather balloons, but your "regular" balloons. Balloons don't stand still, and surely, after balloons being released, air would move them far away from where they were released

By knowing the balloons were released near "Gran Via", we can compare how far Chelsea is:

now wouldn't people see the balloons as they're going up? Also certainly by looking at the size of those balloons they would not be visible after about an hour by using just the eyes. Also they certainly would know they were balloons, as stated before, almost EVERYDAY there are balloons released. Witnesses also described how they formed formations, sometimes moving from one place to the other, going down and up, now correct me if I'm wrong but balloons don't do that. Now, at about 9:30 am is when everything started, and lasted until 4:30 pm... How do balloons stay still, hovering and making formations for about 7 hours? Also, since when do balloons disappear and appear? (Source; The video), also if you believe earthcam, how would you explain the weird glowing objects it recorded yesterday night?

Listen, I don't care if you live in your close minded, comfort zone world all the way over there in England, or if you're just trolling, but what I care is what you call me or anyone who believe this, or putting down anyone who does, this is real, it did happen, and disregarding it and assuming dozens if not HUNDREDS of people in NY are idiots for making a fuzz over balloons is even more idiotic. Go back to your little corner and stay there for the sake of this thread.

Thank you.

P.S.
Anyone who keeps saying they're embarrassed of this thread, or members of this site, posting in the UFOS AND ALIENS section is dumb, don't like it? you can always choose other sections of this site and stay away from the UFOs and Aliens section.

Thank you.

Sources:
www.livescience.com...
www.natrium42.com...
www.myfoxny.com...
maps.google.com...
www.youtube.com...
answers.yahoo.com...

Ok, now you can refute if you want, but that won't change physics law. Balloons don't just hang in the sky without blowing up or be blown away for hours.

Seriously, you're obviously trolling and ignoring the evidence that these AREN'T balloons, not mentioning you're stating that everybody there was stupid enough to think balloons were UFOs. Sure, it happens, but when it does, it doesn't create such a buzz. And by the way, some of these people said in no way these were balloons. You're gonna have to learn that you can rely on people because you're not the only intelligent being of the world.

Thanks...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

I guess not everyone looks up then huh

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
does anyone have the link to the radar they were showing yesterday? I forgot to bookmark it and I want to compare it to how it was yesterday. Thank you in advance

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread but received no answer, so here it goes again...

Regarding the balloon theory: aren't there laws in NYC/NYS that prohibit the mass release of helium-filled balloons? Seems like releasing that many helium-filled balloons into the air would almost certaintly be an environmental abuse, and could cause a potential fire hazard and/or threat to air traffic. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

would UFOs show up on a weather radar?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

He is not trolling. I am a ufo believer, like i have said before, but tere is nothing here, and its sad that people are saying the "prediction" came true. It makes us ufo truthers look stupid! All we see are dots in the sky. There is nothing here that proves 100% that these ufo's are ET.

It just gets annoying when people just believe anything in this subject, because, at the end of the day, they just end up looking stupid. Yu are basically putting money in the bank for that Stanley A. Fulham.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Them is chinese lanterns and Balloons, its the gas leaks that is making them glow.

I seen it all the time over here at the football stadium -

The other things are jets that have malfunctions on their lights and also keep hitting their air breaks when they get too close to the lanterns.

you people believe anything

that is the most ridiculously statement i heard so far

Them is chinese lanterns and Balloons, its the gas leaks that is making them glow.

you skeptics never give do you?

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

They weren't Chinese lanterns.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

the balloon picture wasn't just from any day though was it?. hence the news article i also provided showing the balloons and telling the story and date, WHICH YOU CONVENIENTLY IGNORED

www.theepochtimes.com...
now where is the evidence of anything except planes and balloons ?.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacktherer

would UFOs show up on a weather radar?

Nobody knows, but yesterday's weather was strangely, looking like the one the NORAD guy had on a video.. they looked really similar, and all I want to check is the difference between yesterday's weather, and today's weather.

Originally posted by Gab1159
Ok, so I've been a die hard reader of this website for a long time, but really, that does it. Rich, you're obviously trolling this whole forum. Well, I do hope. You're being arrogant and accuse people of jumping to conclusions too fast. Isn't it what you're doing? Your yellow baloon webcam shot could be any day, and it seems you decided to ignore this very post, so I'm gonna put it right there for you to read, once again probably:

Seriously, you're obviously trolling and ignoring the evidence that these AREN'T balloons, not mentioning you're stating that everybody there was stupid enough to think balloons were UFOs. Sure, it happens, but when it does, it doesn't create such a buzz. And by the way, some of these people said in no way these were balloons. You're gonna have to learn that you can rely on people because you're not the only intelligent being of the world.

Thanks...

Thanks for quoting me and noticing... people were trying to say these were balloons once again, and just ignored my post, that's why I re-posted. What I find funny though is that you're getting stars and not my post, lol not that I care but I found it odd... is it because you're insulting (rightfully so) RICHENGLAND? If so LMAO!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias
I posted this in another thread but received no answer, so here it goes again...

Regarding the balloon theory: aren't there laws in NYC/NYS that prohibit the mass release of helium-filled balloons? Seems like releasing that many helium-filled balloons into the air would almost certaintly be an environmental abuse, and could cause a potential fire hazard and/or threat to air traffic. Just a thought.

well obviously not because here again is a news story about the balloon release.

www.theepochtimes.com...

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Its obvious you are one of the main culprits hyping this stuff.Its obvious you are working on getting as many posts and stars as you can by perpetuating this story.This kind of threading without respect or intelligence is exactly the type of thing new members should avoid.If you are gonna create a thread to further your account status at least make it researched and factual.The video's you keep posting are not in anyway conclusive proof of this story you are hyping.The one that says "ships over NYC" is beyond laughable.I am also a new member to ATS but have been an avid follower for years.I would never think of creating a thread like this unless I had some solid proof and real video, not rumour, speculation,or half truths.I enjoy the UFO alien section , when its filled with intelligent discussions on the subject.But this, this is beyond anything I would ever back.Even though I believe in UFO's and aliens, I cannot get behind this type of self promoting nonsense.I will no longer comment further on the insanity and immaturity I've seen from a few people pushing this thread.It's over people.You can keep talking about it til the cows come home and keep telling yourselves whatever you want. Peace.

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join