It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cronotrigger30

Wow, those are HUGE ballons!!!!!!!!
I don't know what photos or videos are fake or mistaken, and I don't care. All I DO know is that there was something strange going on yesterday. There are way too many reports from all over for this to be hysteria. I don't know about you skeptics out there, but I cannot ever be persuaded to see something that's not there. Really? Mass hysteria? What century is it? Still using that excuse?
No matter what the night cam showed, balloons do not just hover and change direction at fast speeds then stop on a dime, and no name calling will ever convince me otherwise. Could have been planes, but don't they make noise? Aren't NY'ers used to seeing planes?
Mass hoax? possible but doubtful, too elaborate and people are too lazy.
Bring on the insults, cuz I really think something extraordinary happened yesterday.
(BTW I had a dream that the sky was full of crafts last night and I yelled"They did come", just saying that's all)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by Enter Ruin

THESE ARE CONFIRMED JETS:

Exactly! because I just post here, I know and believe NY had UFOs. As I posted a reply to the person who said this was a debunking video (I'm gonna quote myself):
posted on 13-10-2010 @ 10:51 PM
"I see this everyday, and believe me, it doesnt compare to what I saw on the NY earthcam earlier today,,

Planes don't move so fast, in a matter of few frames, "airplanes" went and came back.. now remember that earthcam records live.. sooo yeah..

P.S.
I live in Downey CA, about 30-45 min away from LAX (Airport of Los Angeles)... so I see these SAME lights appearing in the video you showed EVERYDAY, I see airplanes taking off and going to the airport EVERYDAY from different angles, nothing like what I saw at NY Earthcam though"

Also if you want to compare, go ahead, let's compare the similarities and how fast the lights move from one another, also having in mind how much each light illuminates...

Your airplanes:

UFOs from yesterday:

I certainly see the difference... people in denial are unbelievable. (Not just you but the others also

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Hi all, this is my first post and I'm a huge time lurker.

I haven't read all the pages, so I'm not really in the loop. I like to believe in many things, yet I refuse to accept unless there's evidence, when that is non existent on both sides then I fall on logic. I keep an open mind, aneutral stance, a believing heart but a skeptical mind.

I have to say I find it crazy that if it is a balloon/s that they stopped so many new yorkers in there trracks and had many reports. Its possible and if it s a balloon then this story is being sensationalized for an agenda.

Either way ufo or balloon, there's something to it. Aliens zipping through to display themselves or the gov, trying to condition us. I believe in the latter.

Now for all those who claim its a balloon and tequesting proof of it being a ufo..where's your proof of it being a balloon? You have no right to say it is regarding your own logic.

You make a good (already discussed) point. Either way....something's up.

If this was to cause a mass hysteria one has to think, why? I don't believe that NORAD guy or that bosomy loopy lady Colleen has THAT much influence over the country so I automatically rule them out.

If this was a bunch of balloons--that got away--accidentally or purposefully--during late afternoon-- which hoovered over NYC for hours (only to come back later that night) then, I'd like to hear from its owner.
If this was some sort of 'shock-test' by our own people then, I'd like to know what they learned (not really)
And if this was sponsored by off-world entities then, I congratulate you. You managed to close three major airports too so.......job well done

edit on 14-10-2010 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Enter Ruin

Listen, people have been fooled by balloons many times in history. Do you not understand that? After looking at your post history, it seems you only post in the UFO and Aliens forum... have you not learned yet that people often mistake mundane things as UFOs? Have you never thought a balloon looked like a UFO? I know I have... I know MANY people have.... there are MANY topics in ATS' HOAX forum that turned out to be balloons... It happens.

Balloons are at mercy with the wind. Wind stops, turns, spins, changes direction, goes up and down, it's wild... balloons just go along for the ride. Yes, balloons can hover very high in the sky too, where people can hardly tell if it is a balloon or a UFO, it happens all the time. HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS??? All your posts in the UFO and Aliens forum and you learned NOTHING?

Also, that video of lights in the sky are JETS. Watch this video that I filmed my self just to prove they are jets... I filmed the jets I see every day:

THESE ARE CONFIRMED JETS:

You know what i find it funny from skeptics like yourselves
you have gone last night from R/C planes to Chinese lantern since you knew people weren't going to believe that you changed it to the balloons theory.

Sorry but there were eyewitness accounts all over.

Also, that video of lights in the sky are JETS. Watch this video that I filmed my self just to prove they are jets... I filmed the jets I see every day:

your video doesn't prove anything.

May i remind you they were in different colors and flight formations.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enter Ruin

UFOs from yesterday:

I certainly see the difference... people in denial are unbelievable. (Not just you but the others also

You are unbelievable.....

That video is a TIME LAPSE. Taking pictures minutes apart. The move EXACTLY the speed of jets, and look EXACTLY like jets....

Seriously, how do they not look like jets?

You are unbelievable.... really...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Can you prove what everyone saw was just yellow balloons? If not you your just speculating like the witnesses. You've shown that there was indeed yellow balloons released that day but nothing else. I'm not desperate to believe UFOs were over NY yesterday. I'm also not ready to say everyone who watched the objects were fooled by a bunch of balloons. We can all argue until the cows come home about this or we can analyze the facts and explore every aspect until we come up with an answer.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
my concern is,watching the earthcam last night if those were planes zipping around at least 5 in close range of each other airspace must have been tight,i know one of the cams show at least 5 craft moving toward the MOON?don't want to fly in those planes for sure

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

Problem is... I can see the planes lights blinking in your video and I can't see them in the other footage.
Hmmm?

England: Gas leak? Really?!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
You know what i find it funny from skeptics like yourselves
you have gone last night from R/C planes to Chinese lantern since you knew people weren't going to believe that you changed it to the balloons theory.

WHAT?! I was discussing totally different video taken from different places!

Two of them were RC aircraft. Another one was Chinese lanterns. And this one on this topic is balloons!

How can you sit there and insist all these sightings are the exact same and I am changing me opinion of them? That is completely and utterly ridiculous! You sir, are a joke.

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
your video doesn't prove anything.

My video wasn't set out to prove anything. It was to show people what jets look like.... Read some of the comments to... after telling people what they are people like yourself STILL denied they were jets and made stupid reasons to think they are not jets...

UFOlogy is getting ridiculous... I used to be curious about UFOs and have been searching for them, but now all there is, is a bunch of lunatics making every excuse in the world to believe balloons, rc aircraft, chinese lanterns, birds, jets, insects, basically everything that flies is a UFO. It's getting freaking retarded.

link   

UFOs from yesterday:

You are unbelievable.....

That video is a TIME LAPSE. Taking pictures minutes apart. The move EXACTLY the speed of jets, and look EXACTLY like jets....

Seriously, how do they not look like jets?

You are unbelievable.... really...

Erm.. correction... THIS Earthcam from which was recorded the footage shown in the video refreshes every 30 seconds, you can prove it by yourself..

NO minutes apart, 30 seconds apart.. and airplanes don't fly like that and at that speed... thank you

link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Can you prove what everyone saw was just yellow balloons? If not you your just speculating like the witnesses. You've shown that there was indeed yellow balloons released that day but nothing else. I'm not desperate to believe UFOs were over NY yesterday. I'm also not ready to say everyone who watched the objects were fooled by a bunch of balloons. We can all argue until the cows come home about this or we can analyze the facts and explore every aspect until we come up with an answer.

can you prove they did? at least i provided evidence, what you provided...

thanks

rich

link   
Panic??? Panic.... they say? Let me look up that word:

[pan-ik] Show IPA
noun, adjective, verb, -icked, -ick·ing.
–noun
1. a sudden overwhelming fear, with or without cause, that produces hysterical or irrational behavior, and that often spreads quickly through a group of persons or animals.
2. an instance, outbreak, or period of such fear.

I saw none of that display nor heard that that had happened. Did anyone else? There was widespread curiosity but I don't believe people got hysterical. Now do you see why you should NEVER believe MSM?

Moving on.....................

New York UFO panics the Big Apple
www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well, if this is the so called predictiom everyone was talking about, then its a total fail. Again, we have objects in the sky that can be argued either way, and that is not evidence! And before people call me a de-bunker, i am a huge ufo believer, and i believe that some ufo's defy explanation and need further investigation. But the way people are going OTT over this, and actually saying that the mans prediction came true is quite sad.

I thought ET was going to reveal themselves a 100%, not dots in the sky. That bloke must be laughing his head off, and looking forward to all the gullible people who will go out and buiy his book.

This subject seems to get worse and worse, and gives fuel to the skeptics

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Wow, I wake up today and hope that something exciting would be all over the news regarding this "event".But wow, look, nothing, nada , zip....and to my sarcastic surprise,there are twenty new pages and hundreds of new posts by the same people hyping this nonsense, still.You'd think that aliens interested in disclosure would make their presense known to all the world , and make it so there was no way governments could hide their presense.They would not zip around in the day at high atmospheres where people would have a hard time identifying what they were.They would fly low and slow, and there would be lots of them , all over the world.Then when night comes they follow the flight paths of commercial planes?WHY would they do that?So everyone would argue over whether it was a plane or a UFO?Come on guys, let it go, someone out there got way to excited and mob mentallity took over and the next thing you know people are creating there own accounts of what they saw just to get some attention or tv time.This madness has to end and logic and reason need to return.This thread is getting way to much attention, especially since there is no real hard evidence to back it up.The webcam stuff is garbage and could be anything,the "orb's" are balloons, they look just like that phoney UFO wave over mexico a few years ago, which turned out to be balloons.So like I've beeen saying since I saw this thread, give me more than blips on a screen and balloons in the high atmosphere and I will be on board and proclaiming disclosure right with you guys.Otherwise, let it go and lets move on.This is a non event.Disclosure will come swiftly and without warning and will be visible to the whole world at the same time.I know there are people who have been pushing this thread from the get go and I know they wanted so badly for something to happen on the 13th and they seem to have convinced themselves of this.So now you've had all this attention let's get back to the real job of finding hard evidence and truth.Not hype and rumour and speculation. Peace.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

It's because I zoomed in and got a clearer shot of the aircraft so that you can see the blinking lights, so people can see they are jets. If I didn't zoom in you wouldn't see any blinking lights at all.

The stupid earthcam video didn't zoom in... AND the earthcam is a time lapse. It's taking pictures. You can't see a light blinking in a picture! You compare two different pictures, and you don't notice a blink because the light just blends together. It probably took pictures when the blink was on, and later when it was off, but you can't see the difference.

This is common sense people.
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Them is chinese lanterns and Balloons, its the gas leaks that is making them glow.

I seen it all the time over here at the football stadium -

The other things are jets that have malfunctions on their lights and also keep hitting their air breaks when they get too close to the lanterns.

you people believe anything

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

can you prove they did? at least i provided evidence, what you provided..

thanks

rich

he provided nothing, but I did and you ignored it completely, as well as other people in denial did...

Stop trolling..

also what I find interesting, is that most if not all of England's posts have one star... uhmmm..
double account much? lol
Thank you]
edit on 14-10-2010 by Enter Ruin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

NO minutes apart, 30 seconds apart.. and airplanes don't fly like that and at that speed... thank you

Most jets fly around 500 miles per hour.

500 / 60 = 8.33 miles per minute

8.33 / 60 = 0.138 miles per second

30 sec. * 0.138 = 4.14 miles every 30 seconds.

Are you trying to tell me that the video does NOT look like jets flying 4.14 miles every 30 seconds?

You are wrong. They ARE images of jets moving 4.14 miles every image. If anything.. they are moving slower!

Thank you.
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

Originally posted by DaWhiz
reply to post by ch1n1t0

Thanks for posting those,
I've been looking for them.
They resemble these

and those in silver would look like your images.
Again, I still see this as a man made event and we are being manipulated to believe UFOs so we ban together, get rid of our rights, and our guns, and submit to NWO for they will be the only ones to protect poor little us (sarcasm here!)
Again, its not that I'm against aliens, I would love one to pinch me on the butt and take a pic cuz it lasts longer,
and for me, that maybe what it takes. But again, I'm open to see more.

those pictures have absolutely nothing to do with yesterday, they are old...

thanks

rich

Exactly. USA, East, 2002.

thebiggestsecretpict
edit on 14-10-2010 by Esger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

nice fake picture made by digital artist jason diamond you posted there....

thanks

rich

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join