It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
went home at 5 yesterday - sat on my balcony for an hour watching the city- saw a black "dot" hovering above the empire state building for a good 15 mins. then it moved uptown about 15 blocks, then moved back to midtown and disappeared.

at first i thought it was a helicopter, but there were several helicopters (as there usually are) and this was too high, small and just stayed there in the same spot for too long to be a copter.. definitely interesting.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is my first post on ATS. I've been lurking for months now and figured i'd join. Look i live in Queens and work on 42nd street and 5th avenue in Manhattan. This happened on 23rd and 8th which in terms of Manhattan distance really isnt that far. when i got out of work at 5pm i could see the helicopters and there were alot of police and fire trucks running around. also i can honestly say later at night me and my friends saw a whole bunch of strange things in the sky. I also have noticed since this weekend there is a star formation which i've never noticed before. It looks like Orions belt but is stright down rather than to an angle. It has two stars on either side not extreamly close to it but about equal distance. They seem to flash red, blue and white and stop sometimes fade out and then come back but the stay stationary. They arent the only ones i've seen since this weekend. The sky seems to have quiet a few of them doing the same flashing pattern. anyone else see this??

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

This is from ABC news... sorry don't know how to embed video. Can someone help? here's the link
www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-10-2010 by contraband because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I haven't seen the Daily News yet, but I was really glad to see GMA actually air this and then even more happy with George stepping in with his thoughts. Bout time I say.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY

Originally posted by brigand

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Has anyone stepped forward and admitted to letting the balloons go? Its kind of odd if not considering it was all over the news and in the papers. Surely someone will take credit, it would be their chance for 5 min of fame..

Gee ya think there could have been a kiddie party going on?

What makes you certain they were ballloons.. don't you think people have seen balloons before? If they were balloons, why all the attention from the media and why all the helicopters flying around trying to get a look?

Choppers are a norm for the city! Nothing new about that! I think people are watching too

much You Tube for starters and have UFOs on the brain!

I see you are new to ATS, welcome. You do realize this board is full of people like me who believe that we are not alone in the universe and one of the main reason this site exists is to discuss UFOs.. I've also noticed that this board recently has been FULL of debunkers and disinfo agents.. I don't group you into either of those categories yet, but your dismissive attitude will soon land you in one of those buckets.. What is your intention and why are you here?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Choppers are a norm for the city! Nothing new about that! I think people are watching too

Umm... wakey wakey, this is the Aliens & UFOs forum

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
www.earthcam.com...

You can enlarge it and stuff it changes play with it
edit on 14-10-2010 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

As a huge fan of 'The office" I KNOW Michael Scott would be busting to add one of his "thats what she said" jokes here.

Sorry to be off topic, but thats just funny, lol

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Has anyone stepped forward and admitted to letting the balloons go? Its kind of odd if not considering it was all over the news and in the papers. Surely someone will take credit, it would be their chance for 5 min of fame..

Gee ya think there could have been a kiddie party going on?

What makes you certain they were ballloons.. don't you think people have seen balloons before? If they were balloons, why all the attention from the media and why all the helicopters flying around trying to get a look?

I see you are new to ATS, welcome. You do realize this board is full of people like me who believe that we are not alone in the universe and one of the main reason this site exists is to discuss UFOs.. I've also noticed that this board recently has been FULL of debunkers and disinfo agents.. I don't group you into either of those categories yet, but your dismissive attitude will soon land you in one of those buckets.. What is your intention and why are you here?

Excuse me...you are being presumptuous my friend. I have never stated for one little

second that I thought we were the only intelligent beings in the Universe! That is for

starters. I love how you people toss logic and critical thinking to the wind just because

you WANT those tiny dots in the sky to be an ALIEN!

And since when do I have to answer to you as to my being here?

I would personally love to see an Alien Craft but it is my opinion that most

crafts that are seen as UFOs are really ours!

We even have Nick Pope the former MOD for the UK stating that most, meaning

95% of UFO's are identifiable.....it is the 5% that we don't know about!

Anyone who does not agree with you is a disinfo person....that figures...I

see it all the time on here!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by brigand

"FULL of debunkers and disinfo agents.. "

paranoia at its best !!

disinfo agents this site is great entertainment !!!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by colonelblake

anything to add about the strange weather patterns? great post btw

Can we all try to stop posting about weather patterns, city web cams and youtube clips renamed/repackaged as "new"?

This thread is about the UFOs (still unidentified) above New York.

I really would enjoy this to remain focused on the event.

Forgive my request.

Yes stop posting any information unless all agree that it is relevant before you post it.

Weather -

In my post I took into consideration ground clutter/static. Would you not agree that Chicago would have more ground clutter than peoria? Using Chicago as a base for clutter I compared other rural areas.

Last night, and not now, there were large circles of what appeared to be ground clutter around rural areas. But by all means this is at the far end of hard evidence but NO means should any information be excluded carte blanche b/c it is PRESUMED unreliable.

By that measure the earth is still flat, apples falling implying some sort of invisible force is heresy and laughable and it is impossible that aliens exist. (s. Hawkins).

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by brigand

here you go mr [edit], the balloons in new york just before they were released, taken via earth cam

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2b0a63511a2.jpg[/atsimg]

and also a link to the story of why they were released, just for the people that are too ignorant and lazy to look themselves.... www.theepochtimes.com...

thanks

rich

edit on 14-10-2010 by Gazrok because: Edited personal attack. Please refrain from name-calling towards members.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Exactly! Thank you... I knew there was somebody somewhere who knew about the balloons being released. Excellent job my friend.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Excellent information and effort getting to the bottom of the pics, but please refrain from personal attacks. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Thank you Rich!!!

I rest my case!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Traveler
This is my first post on ATS. I've been lurking for months now and figured i'd join. Look i live in Queens and work on 42nd street and 5th avenue in Manhattan. This happened on 23rd and 8th which in terms of Manhattan distance really isnt that far. when i got out of work at 5pm i could see the helicopters and there were alot of police and fire trucks running around. also i can honestly say later at night me and my friends saw a whole bunch of strange things in the sky. I also have noticed since this weekend there is a star formation which i've never noticed before. It looks like Orions belt but is stright down rather than to an angle. It has two stars on either side not extreamly close to it but about equal distance. They seem to flash red, blue and white and stop sometimes fade out and then come back but the stay stationary. They arent the only ones i've seen since this weekend. The sky seems to have quiet a few of them doing the same flashing pattern. anyone else see this??

Those lights were balloons, the firetrucks were tomatoes being thrown at a neighbor and the police were chasing criminals in NY. All easily explained.

It boggles my mind the level of delusion and denial some people are in. We have people who were there saying I saw the lights IN FORMATION, we have people who saw helicopters at a heightened level, there are hundreds of reports, two major networks reported on it and filmed it, a NORAD officer predicted it, and yet some still live in such fear of redicule that they cant admit it is occuring.

Minds far greater than on this board ourtight state life other than earth is a certainty. Statistically it is also a must. If there is a 1 in 100 million chance that there is intellegent life other than me (not you) then it WILL occur.

Why?

B/c a 100 million chance given that there are a billion chances in distance and time means it is a statistical certainty.

Dont believe me read S. Hawkins writings.

Where will it be discussed first?? On fox? yea right. Do you need a scientific degree to report news? Even a scientific interest? No. Just speak well.

This is where it will be discussed first. If nothing it will die out. If something it wont. Easy enough.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It is very hard to catch an attention of a New Yorker… sometimes its impossible… I work in the city, 31st and 7th… however I was out on appointments in NJ… my assistant as well as other office employees called me with the news… Apparently “balloons” got a lot of attention from New Yorkers… even from non-believers in my office as well as others from the building… Local News Papers as well as NY1 are reporting this as well.
I am a believer with doubts, however more evidence will definitely help.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Those are pictures of balloons, thats right. Im a New Yorker and balloons are released alot in the city due to all the parades and events, I see them all the time. What I and others saw yesterday were not balloons. Again, my cell phone videos do not show what I and others saw; objects that were stationary for minutes and then move like chess pieces, accurately and precisely across the sky to merge with others. I still cannot believe that I saw this happen. One smaller object was above the horizon where I stood across from the crowd on the North West corner of 23rd and 8th ave. I was looking north east and right to the left above the empire state building I saw a small object move east for about 30 seconds and then hover over and seemingly merge with a larger object that to I assume the South east of the empire state building. It was an intelligent move. My girlfriend and other witnesses saw many moves like this by as many as 10 objects at a time. Again, I do not care what you doubters say. You can't mess with New Yorkers, we do see everything, and these objects were not balloons. No way and no how.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

Please rest it, because your making no sense. You were just asking if "i heard myself" because I made the observation that someone somewhere knew about the balloons. Not much happens in this world anymore without it being seen by others or captured via different forms of media.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

ok, thanks, and apologies, im just getting extremely annoyed at being called disinfo agent and many other things just because i didn't buy into all the rubbish yesterday...

thanks

rich

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join