Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

Originally posted by BobbinHood
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I think that video pretty much confirms people saw SOMETHING. It can't just be a twitter hoax.

Could it be the UFO's moving into position for a mass appearance later?

it wasn't JUST a twitter hoax, there's already been a picture of some balloons.....

twitter was just the way to spread the GOSPEL

thanks

rich

Rich, I see you are new here and are quite motivated to downplay anything alien or UFO related.

I'm glad to see someone sent a disinfo agent to ATS.. now join the 1000s of others that have joined over the past year.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Hi Crakeur, were you looking at the time when yesterday all of the reports were happening of the non balloon like manuveres were happening? I realize that the balloon release may have been a diversion, but am open to this being anything at this point.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If I wanted to do a live test over a city with a new top secret cloaked air craft I would have people standing by in certain parts of the city ready to release balloons if the craft became visible. It would make a perfect cover story.

I honestly don't believe that but you never know.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Couls the white speck on Wired be on the lense? Has anyone taken a screen grab from yesterday? Is it there?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Also could this have been a little 'test' to see how ordinary citizens would react in the event of a real alien show in the sky above major cities? How do you think people did? Could they handle it from what we learned?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by leeko

reply to post by KrypticCriminal

The objects vanished at around 2pm. Still people out there though on 23rd street, I'm heading back out. why oh why didnt I grab my video camera, I thought others would and I thought it would be all over the news. please oh please keep your VIDEO CAMERA AROUND YOUR NECK AT ALL TIMES!!lol- I keep a camera,video camera,binoculars,and currently working on the telescope in my car..you never know when you'll see something!!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Also could this have been a little 'test' to see how ordinary citizens would react in the event of a real alien show in the sky above major cities? How do you think people did? Could they handle it from what we learned?

I think people have been ready for a very long time.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

They did that already in 1938 called, "The War of the Worlds" CBS radio broadcast.

Nothing like people over-reacting to some balloons released in the sky!

Every light, every dot, a bird, a plane, anything in the sky is considered a UFO! And by UFO

nowadays means Aliens not unidentified anymore!

Oh....and btw....Rockefeller Foundation was behind the CBS broadcast. Some

food for thought!

edit on 14-10-2010 by KIZZZY because: facelift

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Has anyone stepped forward and admitted to letting the balloons go? Its kind of odd if not considering it was all over the news and in the papers. Surely someone will take credit, it would be their chance for 5 min of fame..

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Has anyone stepped forward and admitted to letting the balloons go? Its kind of odd if not considering it was all over the news and in the papers. Surely someone will take credit, it would be their chance for 5 min of fame..

Gee ya think there could have been a kiddie party going on?

Guilty children now you just step right up to the plate

and take it like a ...............child?

Mommy Mommy I lost my balloons...waaaaaa!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

Of course it could have been. Thats not what I'm saying. It just seems odd that no one has stepped up and claimed it. You would think more than one person was involved, especially if it was a party. Why has no one taken credit?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY

What makes you certain they were ballloons.. don't you think people have seen balloons before? If they were balloons, why all the attention from the media and why all the helicopters flying around trying to get a look?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

reply to post by KIZZZY

Of course it could have been. Thats not what I'm saying. It just seems odd that no one has stepped up and claimed it. You would think more than one person was involved, especially if it was a party. Why has no one taken credit?

Do you hear yourself? There's a lot of people in the city...and too could have been released in

any of the Burroughs making its intrepid journey to downtown 23rd Street!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

They did that already in 1938 called, "The War of the Worlds" CBS radio broadcast.

Every light, every dot, a bird, a plane, anything in the sky is considered a UFO! And by UFO

food for thought!

I used to live in ny and go to school in Manhattan, balloons, blimps, choppers ect aren't really out of the ordinary. From building openings to weddings to parades, balloons are not that uncommon to be released.

If something is stopping new yorkers in their tracks from where they need to go (trust me it takes allot for them to do that lol) then it has to be something out of the ordinary. no blimp or balloon is going to stop a new yorker from where they need to go.

and if its just some balloons why all the cops with the automatic rifles?
It just seems strange to me is all im saying

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by brigand

What makes you certain they were ballloons.. don't you think people have seen balloons before? If they were balloons, why all the attention from the media and why all the helicopters flying around trying to get a look?

Choppers are a norm for the city! Nothing new about that! I think people are watching too

much You Tube for starters and have UFOs on the brain!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Exactly what I believe. If it were in fact a test of the citizens ability to be able to maintain critical thinking, I think most failed horribly.

This should go down in the books as a classic case of twitter/internet fueled mass hysteria. A classic case of how normal internet folk can get excited to a fever pitch over,well, just about nothing.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuturePeace

food for thought!

I used to live in ny and go to school in Manhattan, balloons, blimps, choppers ect aren't really out of the ordinary. From building openings to weddings to parades, balloons are not that uncommon to be released.

If something is stopping new yorkers in their tracks from where they need to go (trust me it takes allot for them to do that lol) then it has to be something out of the ordinary. no blimp or balloon is going to stop a new yorker from where they need to go.

and if its just some balloons why all the cops with the automatic rifles?
It just seems strange to me is all im saying

Excuse me...you are preaching to the choir over here! I am a New Yorker!

One person stands there and looks up.....it is natural for others to look up as

well to see what that person is looking at. Didn't you ever do that to anyone?

I mean look up knowing nothing was there just so everyone else would look up?

Try it in a crowded place sometime and see what happens!
edit on 14-10-2010 by KIZZZY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Watching GMA this morning, even George mentioned the retired Norad officer's book and his belief aliens/ufo's would appear 10/13. Anyway, here's a pretty good story on it from ABC.

abcnews.go.com...

peace

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gutterpus

Yep and even more than that... the photo from the daily news which was suspect because of where it came from (twitter of someone skilled with digital effects), seems to be legit, because GMA had video of it as well... and I have to say it did make it look more silvery baloonish but it did not look like CGI to me... and I'm first to scream that typically.

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join