It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News is a problem, not a solution to anything.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
stewarts title? is comedian not news journalist..........................

He has the ability to concentrate and separate the wheat from the chaff that many a journalist would envy. And most FOX personality are openly clowns, so I really don't think they deserve any more consideration than Stewart -- actually the opposite.

meh no thanks dont like it turn the channel noone makes you watch them or listen to them...........

Then again, no one makes you buy drugs from drug dealers, however there is little argument that they are harmful to the society. "Purveyors of social poison" == FOX.

Propaganda attack from reactionary right is on full ON, and Stewart is badly outnumbered -- but sure as hell not outwitted.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
My only question is: How is it that a comedian can so easily dismantle the most powerful cable news network so consistently without the people who watch it getting wind of it?

Perhaps because the latter are actually familiar with the segments in context?

/devil's advocate

ur kidding right ?

Fox is the ultimate at editing things out of context....

Nice try though.

Irrelevant. This is completely unrelated to the fact of Stewart's taking Fox out of context and the OP holding it as unassailable evidence against Fox.

Debate flow fail.

Nice try though.

edit on 14-10-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Irrelevant. This is completely unrelated to the fact of Stewart's taking Fox out of context and the OP holding it as unassailable evidence against Fox.

Sorry but I watched a few of the Stewart's episodes and I don't think he's "taking Fox out of context". On the contrary, he stays right on topic and refers to Fox' show on same.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Sorry but I watched a few of the Stewart's episodes and I don't think he's "taking Fox out of context". On the contrary, he stays right on topic and refers to Fox' show on same.

Had you also seen the complete segment the clip had been ripped from?

If yes, then touché.

If no, then your post is a public display of ignorance. Please see this post.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Newly,

Couldn't agree more with your reply to Buddha. She needs to get off the pipe a while and discover reality as well as the op. To consider Stewart as a credible anti-Fox news source by taking quotes out of context and not once considering he's on the comedy channel only begs one to wonder. Oh my God! It just occurred to me that she has the right to vote.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjack
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Newly,

Couldn't agree more with your reply to Buddha. She needs to get off the pipe a while and discover reality as well as the op. To consider Stewart as a credible anti-Fox news source by taking quotes out of context and not once considering he's on the comedy channel only begs one to wonder. Oh my God! It just occurred to me that she has the right to vote.

Darn gosh I do.

I have no idea what pipe you are talking about either. And tell me how Stewart is wrong when he's using a highlighter and a card to "demonstrate" that FOX is a terrorist outfit.

I don't care if Stewart is on Comedy Central or Nickelodeon. He's smarter than a truckload of Hannities and Becks and that's what matters.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ah the age old game that some of us like to call "the illusion of choice".

Beck shills to the right, Stewart shills to the left, and a plethora of others throw their signs up to grab all of those in between - and even the ones who are too far right or left even for Beck and Stewart. We all find that voice that resonates for us and we feel included. We feel validated. And we feel that someone out there is looking out for us!

Just one problem... These guys are looking out for themselves. They are entertainers. They have no power (Well at least not yet but Beck seems deluded enough, lately, that this might change.) yet we tend to perceive them in the same light that our ancestors might have thought about politicians. We pay attention to these peoples platforms and allow them to influence our thoughts.

All the while, Washington continues to rake in money, hand over fist, and in such a jaded manner, at this point, as to be insulting. I keep expecting to turn on C-Span one day to see Congressmen running around naked, with hands full of cash chasing interns, with the words "I stole your future" written on their butts in Sharpie. It's just shy of being that flagrant as it is already.

So Fox News, and all the other faux news sources are doing a vital service for Washington - this job of keeping us distracted.

And I'm sure that job pays very well.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Ah the age old game that some of us like to call "the illusion of choice".

Beck shills to the right, Stewart shills to the left, and a plethora of others throw their signs up to grab all of those in between - and even the ones who are too far right or left even for Beck and Stewart.

No, there is no symmetry that you are implying exists. You see, Stewart does not commit the plethora of logical fallacies in his presentations the way FOX does. Try to think, it's a refreshing experience.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
FOX News is the only place I can get my news fair and balanced.

With FOX News ratings, I know I am not the only one who thinks that.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

It's not healthy for you to suggest that he kill himself.

Ever stop and think about that?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Congratulations on being part of their target audience.

You've been had.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

No, there is no symmetry that you are implying exists. You see, Stewart does not commit the plethora of logical fallacies in his presentations the way FOX does. Try to think, it's a refreshing experience.

Ah so your game is that you dislike Beck and prefer Stewart and anyone who doesn't share your specific interpretation is bereft of judgment and thought?

How very Glen Beck of you.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

O

M

G

!!!

You cannot be serious!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Congratulations on being part of their target audience.

You've been had.

Tried the rest....went with the best. There are some days when my TV stays on FOX News all day.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

So I'm guessing you like blonde girls, big colors and nothing to think about?

I recommend a documentary called "Manufacturing Consent", you can find it free on teh interwebs.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
What's funny is Fox News leaves people with so little to connect the dots with, that when they DO connect the dots they have just made the opinion that Fox wanted them to have.

Let me repeat that....

They got their opinion from someone else AND felt a sense of ACCOMPLISHMENT over it. Not to mention that do get the feeling of accomplishment go BACK TO WATCH AGAIN.

And then people wonder why Fox news only appeals to idiots.(This is an opinion.)

Fox News is a lying news network, but a that is a clever trick.(Opinion)
edit on 15-10-2010 by binomialtheorem because: Typo

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
My only question is: How is it that a comedian can so easily dismantle the most powerful cable news network so consistently without the people who watch it getting wind of it?

Perhaps because the latter are actually familiar with the segments in context?

/devil's advocate

I watch Fox News. Don't they create their own context ... I mean scripts?

Fox News is the taint of investigative journalism.

Fox News enjoys pondering new ways to bar people from partaking in activities that cannot be influenced, manipulated, monitored and controlled. Fox News seems to assume that it never engages in malodorous, pushy, or addlepated politics. Nevertheless, I've watched enough of Fox News's broadcasting to know that Fox News is a in a habit of proposing a cure for which there is no disease or, more likely, a disease for which there is no cure.

Fox News's army of insane hoodlums has found a rallying cry for its upcoming battle against our most treasured liberties. They may never tell us we live in a society where no child born today will live long enough to learn the number (let alone what they are) of laws that exist, yet they champion their candidates vetted actors to propel them into positions where they get paid $15,000 a month to make new laws, when they neither know nor follow, nor are capable of enforcing the existing laws.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

I help boost the ratings for the WWE. They get good ratings, too. [sarcasm] Ratings must translate into being real. [/sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I much prefer the Communist News Network (CNN) myself. After all, their news is so so unbiased as to be almost conservative (well, not quite conservative but certainly not BHO liberal, er progressive). Yes...Fox News should be banned because they manipulate their stories to expose liberal (er, progressive) lies....yup, they should be done away with...actually, the funny thing is if ever read an AP or Reuters story you can tell how liberal the jounalist is by one simple test - read the last paragraph and see if it supports the liberals, the conservatives, or is somewhat neutral - 8 times out of 10 the last paragraph will be supportive of the liberal way of thinking.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You are in my crosshairs. No sale here Carseller.

I agree with bubbhasystem here. Jon Stewart & the Daily Show do not take Fox News out of context, and in fact they have on many occassions demonstrated how Fox routinely takes statements out of context.

Yes, I also watch Fox. Fox lies. Fox decieves. Fox is not a reliable source of information.

FOX NEWS Taking Obama Out of Context

Who Pointed it out First??? Jon Stewart, on the Daily Show

Carseller4,
Now what were you saying.....

Perhaps you are not fully informed, but then again if Fox is the only place you can get your news propaganda.....

Fox News

Have a great ATS Day,
ET

edit on 15-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join