It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gaping hole in ancient alien theory

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You make a very good point. Its true that there is no public evidence about aliens visiting from the past. I was reading about ancient civilizations and I came across old stone disks known as the Dropa Stone Disks. These disks are supposedly from the time period of 10000 BC, and there have been many evidence that 10000 BC is a very important date as it corralates with many other theories regarding ancient aliens. Anyways these disks had some kind of spiral design on them and after closer examination, the spiral design was writting in an ancient language. Some asian scientist decoded the writing the finding were never released to the public. On the stones was information about people who called themselves the Dropa and that their craft crashed on earth. They did not have the right materials to fix their ship so they remained on earth. I don`t know wether to beleive this information or not but for those that want to read about them heres the link and this is also my source for the information given above:

www.alien-ufo-pictures.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LordUrv

would be so cool but proly not the real deal..

i believe in lost or ancient alien theory both have substantial what if evidence "keep searching the skees im mean skies thank you iam lenord Nemoy goodnight" from the great Homer S
edit on 17-3-2011 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LordUrv

wow died on the vine huh?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
actually i, and i'm sure many others, consider the yellow emperor of china to be one of these beings that actually stepped off their "metal/flying/disk/shining/bird/dragon/ship" and ineracted with humanity. he singlehandedly formed the chinese culture into the unique thing we have known for so long now. look it up yourself. skyfloating has a thread about it as well.

also, two religions off the top of my head forbid humanity to "idolize" their creators. that is, "DON'T DRAW OR REPLICATE WHAT WE LOOK LIKE OR OUR LIKENESS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM OR [insert threat here]". why is that, you think? why would you not want to your worshippers to recreate what you look like for everyone in the future to see? hell, even early man were better artists than most people today, so it's not like they would do a bad job.

many sumerian rulers where exalted as demigods with supernatural powers and had immense influence over society. pharaohs as well.

all i'm sayin is, if you have an ulterior agenda, a big event like landing in the plaza of your burgeoning civilization's proto-city in a giant spaceship and walking out in a dramatic fashion and introducing yoruself and technology and then hanging out to teach everyone how to use it, is a pretty memorable event. people will remember that, talk about it, write about it, draw it. you can't control a huge chaotic event like that and make sure nobody will talk about it or show the future what you look like. it's much easier to speak to a select few, abduct women to mate with, and integrate your agenda slowly through civilzation with the sudden emergence of your powerful family and the new religion and rule the bring, isn't it?

you bring up fair points, sure, but if you were an advanced race that came upon an entire planet of poor bastards that used to barely eke by just like your ancestors, what would you do? and after awhille, wouldn't you feel as if they owed you something? owed you respect? wouldn't you feel a sense of ownership and accomplisment from them? wouldn't you want them to somehow be grateful to you and not let them grow away from you and your wisdom, and wouldn't you be afraid that they would diverge from you once they have matured? with an agenda to control a population, how would you do it? be seen and eventually get caught, or surreptitiously, as if you aren't even there, and control the history? also if you don't understand why they would be explicit, then you don't understand power.
edit on 17-3-2011 by shagreen heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
A lot of the stories etc pertaining to the AA theory depends on ones interpretation of a situation. You can look at old paintings/drawings et al and think "Oh look, thats a UFO" - However, to someone else it may look like something different. It just really depends on the person and how open minded they are about these kinds of topics.

I personally think there maybe something to it. I believe ancient man was influenced by *something*...but what that something was, I really have no idea. A lot of the ancient cultures back then all seemed to have basically the same ideas on certain things. Cultures that had zero contact what so ever with each other. So to me, there was some sort of medium influencing them and giving them basically the same ideologies.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

Just something to consider in all this - The Dogon Tribe in Africa

The Sirius Mystery by Robert Temple is an interesting read.

"Certain researchers investigating the Dogon have reported that they seem to possess advanced astronomical knowledge, the nature and source of which has subsequently become embroiled in controversy. From 1931 to 1956 the French anthropologist Marcel Griaule studied the Dogon. This included field missions ranging from several days to two months in 1931, 1935, 1937 and 1938[14] and then annually from 1946 until 1956.[15] In late 1946 Griaule spent a consecutive thirty-three days in conversations with the Dogon wiseman Ogotemmêli, the source of much of Griaule and Dieterlen's future publications.[16] They reported that the Dogon believe that the brightest star in the sky, Sirius (sigi tolo or 'star of the Sigui'[17]), has two companion stars, pō tolo (the Digitaria star), and ęmmę ya tolo, (the female Sorghum star), respectively the first and second companions of Sirius A.[18] Sirius, in the Dogon system, formed one of the foci for the orbit of a tiny star, the companionate Digitaria star. When Digitaria is closest to Sirius, that star brightens: when it is farthest from Sirius, it gives off a twinkling effect that suggests to the observer several stars. The orbit cycle takes 60 years.[19] They also claimed that the Dogon appeared to know of the rings of Saturn, and the moons of Jupiter.[20]

Griaule and Dieterlen were puzzled by this Sudanese star system, and prefaced their analysis with the following remark:-

The problem of knowing how, with no instruments at their disposal, men could know the movements and certain characteristics of virtually invisible stars has not been settled, nor even posed.[21]

In 1976 Robert K. G. Temple wrote a book called The Sirius Mystery arguing that the Dogon's system reveals precise knowledge of cosmological facts only known by the development of modern astronomy, since they appear to know, from Griaule and Dieterlen's account, that Sirius was part of a binary star system, whose second star, Sirius B, a white dwarf, was however completely invisible to the human eye, (just as Digitaria is the smallest grain known to the Dogon), and that it took 50 years to complete its orbit. The existence of Sirius B had only been inferred to exist through mathematical calculations undertaken by Friedrich Bessel in 1844. Temple then argued that the Dogon's information, if traced back to ancient Egyptian sources and myth, indicated an extraterrestrial transmission of knowledge of the stars.[22] Neither Griaule nor Dieterlen had ever made such bold claims about a putative esoteric source for the Dogon's knowledge."

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by Kandinsky
No bodies. No spacecraft. No evidence at all.

And no records. Many of our forebears were meticulous record keepers. Yet we have no historical records of encounters with alien beings.

What do you think the bible is?????

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by SKUNK2
The best way to counter the AA disbelievers is to use their own weapon against them, the bible fairytale. If it is real there are so many UFO and alien being encounters it is unreal.

www.aolnews.com...

I also think the tower of Babel is an excellent story also, and the religous retards think the god is an almighty being LOL??? The god is actually a group of aliens. "Let US create man in OUR own image"...LOL

I'm a religious retard btw... (how's your foot taste?)

and a quick FYI: The "Let us create man in our own image" part is because God is the trinity. God, the Son, the Holy Spirit...

That passage of Genesis is actually where Christians derive that Christ was with God at the creation. But that would get WAY off topic to go there.

The trinity you refer to is'nt mentioned in the bible until the NEW testament, which was written mostly by Gentile/Roman converts who combined the religious allegories of many different Pagan cults into one story so that it would be easier to sell the new Christianity to the common man. This was also made easier by tacking the Old testament of the Jews onto the front to give it a feeling of authenticity. The worship of a trinity of gods was widespread well before Christianity came along and by telling the people that this new religion also had a trinity, albeit from a so called monotheistic viewpoint, it would have made accepting the new religion easier for many. Why did the church have to kill so many people and burn so many books over a thousand year period??? Because they did'nt want people to see the truth that Christianity is a plagiarisation of many older books/beliefs.
As for there being only one god in the bible read thiswww.bartleby.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I too find it all very puzzlng and how can this phenomenon made watertight? How does it all fit together...? Angels,demons, grey, reptilians and so on...and then there is satan a.k.a the devil or lucifer. Does this horned figure anything to do with it all...?

The only conclusion I can make is of the shapeshifting kind. Some of the prominent UFO/ET investigators come to the conclusion that it must be beings that can travel between dimensions. I also belief that and that they have the ability to change into any form they want and are doing this for centuries.

Beings with these properties solve a lot of unanswered questions. The reason why they like to appear as an angel to one person and as a little grey the other moment is beyond me. It is these beings that can take possesion of humans and able through this way to push their agenda for world domination forward? Can be..?
edit on 18-3-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Interesting points however you are just speculating as well. It is true that we don't know everything about everything. Heck almost every religion including Christianity believes that an extraterrestrial with control of time and space created the earth and willed us into his existence in his image. A few rebels show up and everything is ruined for us and we have to act a certain way and wait for him/her/? to come back and decide to change everything again.

As far as suits you are assuming that ET's wouldn't require them. Has it ever occurred to you that their species can not survive in our atmosphere. If an astronaut goes to venus do you think he can take off his suit and walk around stark naked without dying. Remark #4 is weak reasoning my friend. You can speculate that perhaps the ancient astronauts or aliens today interact with humanity or are simple research teams and that their is no strategic use for colonizing or invading earth because they can not survive in the atmosphere on an infinite basis and elements the need to survive don't exist naturally on our planet therefore they can only stay and go back and forth for a limited time to replenish their supplies.

As for evidence left behind like an ancient laser drill. Maybe so ancient technology does exist from a lost human civilization and is simply not public knowledge. A secret military or corporate Kabal holds control over it and they are secretly and slowly releasing new consumer technology and advancing military hardware that really isn't new but is rediscovered. The you would have to ask where this lost civilization go their technology?

We know that Adam and eve were cast out of Eden. And the Bible traces their bloodline. Is it possibly that Eden was a dimension they were cast out of and couldn't return on the planet. Perhaps they forbearers f our species were a little bit more technologically advance then we think and worked with methods with the resources that they had. Who knows?!

Ancient Astronaut theory is a THEORY. Unless we develop time travel WE WILL NEVER KNOW. Intelligent Design and Creationism suggest that an Alien Created all that we perceive in this dimension. GOD, YAWEH, ALLAH, BUDDAH who ever people refer to in their religion as the grand creator/creators the multi-dimensional beings with mastery over time and space happen to be aliens by definition.

As for glyphs depicting bipedal animal people. If life develops in the universe and God created different types of beings in the universe... including angels, cherubs, and species post the bible. It stands to reason that certain advanced species would be similar to species on other worlds or their own that aren't so advance.

Like primates are similar to humans by a few DNA strands... their can be bird people (angels/cherubs) cat people (cherubs), cat people with wings (cherubs)... and so on and so forth. There could be advanced civilizations that reside underwater and aren't space faring as well. Perhaps these species are the opposite of humans... they navigate and know about the majority of their oceans but not much about their land masses if they exist on their planet. Who knows.

Interesting post but as in any theory or even belief systems there always holes/and misunderstandings because as you said in your post. WE DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Interesting! 1. What is your source for the quotes? 2. Where can I find more of this and more of references you are talking about?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Your post reminded me of a Biblical story:

According to the biblical account, a united humanity of the generations following the Great Flood, speaking a single language and migrating from the east, came to the land of Shinar, where they resolved to build a city with a tower "with its top in the heavens...lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the Earth." God came down to see what they did and said: "They are one people and have one language, and nothing will be withholden from them which they purpose to do." So God said, "Come, let us go down and confound their speech." And so God scattered them upon the face of the Earth, and confused their languages, and they left off building the city, which was called Babel "because God there confounded the language of all the Earth."(Genesis 11:5-8)

I'm a little bit late here, but, if anyone has read the Lacerta Files (and assuming what she says is true), couldn't that just be interpreted as "They humans can see us the way we really are, we need to keep perfecting them so they can just buy anything we want them to" And the scattered civilization would be a newer, more effective human attempt.
Well, I said it in a more Layman way... I don't really remember the interview exactly.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
so what was the point in making this thread? you dont believe the AA theory..thats cool.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I totally want to point out a certian race in star trek that refused to make contact with another race until it made certian advancements so there would not be a misinterpetation...... Any takers on the race? The Vulcan race anyone? But beyond that why couldn't the gods be AAs? I mean think about it this way what would be the most awesome science experiment?
Perhaps watching a race evolve and create new ideas and prove old ones? here are a few steps to the experiment

1: Find a primitive planet with atleast a 1 bit knowledge base (ok computer lingo but youll see the parrell if you know anything about how tech evolves)
2: Influance the planet just enough to spark a exponitial growth in knowledge
3: Kick back and watch everything as it unfolds
4A: visit every so often to take a very close examination at the evolution of the spieces
OR
4B: Visit back every so often just to # with the spicies and laugh, or on a more scientific note see how the subjects react to new stimuli
ect ect

All I can say is that I would so love the chance to study a less advance race than our race and see how my few interactions get interpitated

ps my spelling is horrid and its late i dont care to retype or spellcheck

Or who knows maybe they were just backpacking across the universe

Question though any know what the latest theory is on who built the sphinx? slightly off subjet i suppose but eh whou knows maybe AAs built it
edit on 5-4-2011 by Intuitiveone because: claification

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Nobody ever finds any evidence of anything saying in plain words: "Being got out of a craft and showed us stuff, then left"

They always showed up in "gleaming chariots" or on top of "dragons." "A wheel within a wheel" and was referred to as gods. They had no word such as "Craft" and they did not refer them as "beings" but Gods. To put it like this with their words to an extent.

"God came down in a Gleaming Chariort, instructed "blank" to do something and left."
edit on 5-4-2011 by csinvis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Finally a sober outlook on things!

I get as excited by the prospect as the next guy but you do make a good argument. Like I said though I definately believe there are other civilisations out there. Still haven't made my mind up as to weather they are the cradle of civilisation (especially one as F***** up as ours)

GREAT POST. FLAG my friend

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The big hole in the ancient astronaut theory is the lack of ANY real evidence to support it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Most people on this planet are not going to see any physical evidence of aliens or UFOs...

It's the equivalent of asking why aboriginal tribes in remote areas of the planet don't have a piece of a BOEING 747.

How are those natives going to prove to their fellow tribesmen that they saw a flying metal bird? They can't, unless the plane crashed somewhere near the village and that's not very likely.
edit on 5-4-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

We point to a couple of things and say "no way they did that with the tools they had" but we forget that there are some distinct possibilities here that are overlooked: 1.) We don't know all the tools and methods they had... we only know the most primitive tools that have lasted through the years. You think a laser drill would last a couple thousand years in the ground? 2.) Believe it or not - we don't know everything about everything. There may actually be techniques and technologies that have long since been forgotten and never relearned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ancient alien theory rests on some pretty far reaching assertions that are completely overlooked when evaluating the "evidence" as well:

1. the AA's where so advanced they were able to come here and develop entire societies in their image... but not advanced enough for themselves or what they built to last?
  2. the AA's were thought of as gods instead of aliens... but all the images of "gods" are either people or different animals.... so being around the AA's is like going the NY zoo? Just all kinds of different fun stuff happening and lucky for us it's all like creatures found on earth? Wow...
  3. the AA's where able to come to earth, show people how to build things - for whatever reason - dwell here for an indefinite amount of time - then mysteriously vanish... but we've got NOTHING from them? Just some stones that "couldn't" be cut by tools of the times and some little figures that look "a whole lot" like space suits?
  4. WTF are AA's doing wearing space suits? Enviro suits or breathing apparatus - sure... space suits? News Flash: Earth is NOT space... not a vacuum, and thus no need for the space suit. And what's up with the figures that are "not" in space suits? Could horse looking AA's live outside of suits but the "snake" ones couldn't? What about the "bull" AA's? Or the "Greys"..... and why no humans in space suits? They'll show us how to build temples but not ships or other vehicles and things of actual "use"? *yawn

Occam's razor people - the simplest solution is usually the correct one:

We dont know what the hell was going on back then, and it bugs the crap out of our "smart" people that these bumbling cave men may have figured out how to do stuff we still can't do today.

I mean seriously... we'll put our trust in the hand size figure made of stone as "proof" but not demand that someone show me a chunk of space ship? An actual piece of space faring vessel?

... this whole theory just sounds cool - but it's got no legs... very "paper tiger" if you will.

I do believe there are things in earth's ancient past (and more specifically humanities ancient past) that we simply don't know about. Histories have been lost, sciences have been forgotten, and civilizations have ceased to exist. But something on this scale to only be left behind by the minutia of evidence defies any kind of serious scientific approach.

edit on 11-10-2010 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

A laser drill should last a couple thousand years in the ground. Just look at plastic... it takes a few thousand years to degrade... maybe more... And here we're talking about metal or some other alloy, which should last even longer!

As far as their behavior, why they would come here, teach us things and then leave randomly... you can't just ASSUME things about an alien race you have no clue about. THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON. It's not just random events. There's a REASON they might have left, there's a REASON for what they did or did not do.

How can you assume an ET would behave like a human or its train of thought would be similar to a human's?? We know little about them.

Next, space suits. We don't know how our Earthly atmosphere might affect them. We don't know which species might survive here without a suit and which species might need some kind of aid. So what if Earth isn't a vacuum? Maybe the sunlight is too bright and harmful? Maybe Earth's micro organisms are DEADLY to them?

Just because humans have gotten used to the bacteria on Earth doesn't mean these same bacteria cannot be deadly to another race from another part of the galaxy. Remember War of the Worlds? Same concept.

Certainly if there were more than 1 alien race visiting Earth, maybe one race didn't need a space suit to survive here and maybe another race did. Who knows? (Side note: the grays have been reported to have trouble with the brightness of our sun, it burns them...; is this why their particular craft are seen usually at night? And most abductions happen at night?)

As for showing us how to build pyramids and learn math and what not, maybe they just wanted to nudge is the right direction without giving us ALL the answers. No one knows for sure.

Anyway, my point is, it's dangerous to make assumptions about ETs and their methods. We do not know how they think or why they think it. We are looking at them through OUR human eyes with OUR mentality and have the MASSIVE EGO to believe they would behave like we would if we visited a different planet.

Maybe yes, maybe no, but these are just assumptions in the end. And assumptions could be wrong. So keep an open mind.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

But we're talking about a theory here... not a known fact that Aliens were here and now we have to backtrack as to their motives.

The theory I'm talking about is their very existence. And the entire theory is centered around their existence on this planet as based on people's interpretation of artifacts that have been found in ancient sites.

I'm not trying to decipher the motives and means of Aliens, I'm trying point out that saying a kid's doll is proof of Aliens is a stretch - and saying a 17th century painting and a 3000 year old statue somehow point to the same thing is also a stretch.

You do realize that your side of the argument is completely THEORY as well, right?

I'm guessing not.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join