It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gaping hole in ancient alien theory

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

We know very little of our very exiting ancient and antedeluvian history. Lets not simplify things by explaining everything with aliens.

And let us not close the door on those alien and unknown factors instrumental in the development of the human species. Until you can fully explain it, the universe and the life forms within will remain alien.

Render on to Man what is Man's - All else is alien.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I don't know the details of everything, but the confusion really is in the change of language and a lot does get lost in translation.
for example In the bible the word virgin means a woman who has never engaged in sexual activities, but the word virgin in the original Hebrew book where they translated from virgin is almah. Almah a young woman of childbearing age who has not yet had a child, and WHO MAY BE an unmarried virgin or a married young woman, BUT NOT MUST.

When we talk about Ancients talking of God, gods or goddesses they didn't. That word is a German invention. If you are talking of Ancient's deifying things that's a something different modern day people made synonymous with "God". Deifying is the personification or the anthropomorphism of the universe and everything observed within.

One theory of the AA is that they engineered or manipulated mankind's DNA. Wouldn't we be considered a lasting society from them? You think of ancient deities as God's, they understood the difference between Mankind and an E.T., our terms weren't invented in Ancient Times. So if your looking for them to say an Alien getting out of a ship/craft you wont. For example the Greeks called what we call the galaxy/universe the heavens. Ancient Alien theorist do have a lot of gaps and truth be told I am a skeptic of the show, because I don't trust the intents of the network. All I am saying is that if you expect to get the truth from the TV show you wont. I'm in a development of over-standing myself and I'm explore all cultures, religions, and basically world history.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

The main reason AA theory is so popular is our understanding of the Universe and where we are at in our space travels.

Couple that with ancient mysteries and the AA theory seems perfectly reasonable to me. Aside from the TV show, books, and documentaries.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I love the AA theory it has sparked my mind ever since i heard of it but after watching countless seasons of the AA series and doing my own reading and research online even i have come to question most of not all of the claims made by its proponents.

Although i still believe that there are some pieces of evidence put forth which seem to be undeniable that yes extraterrestrials have been here in the past.

Some of the pieces of evidence which i believe can still hold ground are.

1) The ancient Hindu epics of the "Ramayana" and "Mahabharata" with its descriptions of flying vehicles and weapons of mass destruction.

I have been hearing the stories from these texts since i was a child and even back then i found something very strange about the stories of the heroes "Rama" and "Krishna" who were very enigmatic characters always benevolent and extremely composed under very stressful situations as if they knew that things were going to be alright. Also the descriptions of the weapon called the "Bhrama Astra" i dont see how ancient writers could have described such advanced weaponry even if from their imaginations alone.

2) 100 ton plus megalithic stones which make up the base of temple mount and other structures around the globe.

Ive been watching the show "time scanners" where they survey the walls which surround temple mount and how one of the megalithic stones which is estimated to be in excess of 500 tons simply just sits there as if it was no task for the ancient to move such a gigantic stone, i just dont see how the movement of these stones were possible without help from advanced machinery.

3) The Nazca airstrips

I find the random straight white lines far more intriguing then the animal Geo-glyphs. Airstrips ? they certainly look that way.

4) The UFO 'battle' over Nuremberg, Germany in 1561

This does not even need any explanation such an incredible event witnessed by a huge number of people and documented yet one which is largely ignored.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Harte

Everything else that has ever been said about Atlantis is either in reference to Plato's allegory (such as critiques, expositions, interpretations, etc.) or in reference to "channelled" material that is designed to line the pockets of the channeller, starting with the proven fraudulent medium Helena Blavatsky.

If that sounds harsh to some of the more delicately inclined posters here, that's life.

Harte

"Proven fraudulent medium Helena Blavatsky" Proven? Hardly. Dr Vernon Harrison in 1997 wrote a study of the Hodgson Report in which he thoroughly discredited Hodgson's investigations of Madam Blavatsky (see here). Senior members of the London Society for Psychical Research (SPR) have now admitted that the investigation was a fraudulent frame-up of Blavatsky (see here).

You need to get yourself more informed. Even well-known debunkers of the paranormal to be found within the SPR now admit that the society's exposure of Blavatsky was entirely bogus.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

micpsi

Harte

Everything else that has ever been said about Atlantis is either in reference to Plato's allegory (such as critiques, expositions, interpretations, etc.) or in reference to "channelled" material that is designed to line the pockets of the channeller, starting with the proven fraudulent medium Helena Blavatsky.

If that sounds harsh to some of the more delicately inclined posters here, that's life.

Harte

"Proven fraudulent medium Helena Blavatsky" Proven? Hardly. Dr Vernon Harrison in 1997 wrote a study of the Hodgson Report in which he thoroughly discredited Hodgson's investigations of Madam Blavatsky (see here). Senior members of the London Society for Psychical Research (SPR) have now admitted that the investigation was a fraudulent frame-up of Blavatsky (see here).

You need to get yourself more informed. Even well-known debunkers of the paranormal to be found within the SPR now admit that the society's exposure of Blavatsky was entirely bogus.

Do you have any evidence that she was not a fraud that originates outside the Theosophical Society, which she founded?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

soul44
I love the AA theory it has sparked my mind ever since i heard of it but after watching countless seasons of the AA series and doing my own reading and research online even i have come to question most of not all of the claims made by its proponents.

Although i still believe that there are some pieces of evidence put forth which seem to be undeniable that yes extraterrestrials have been here in the past.

1) The ancient Hindu epics of the "Ramayana" and "Mahabharata" with its descriptions of flying vehicles and weapons of mass destruction.

I have been hearing the stories from these texts since i was a child and even back then i found something very strange about the stories of the heroes "Rama" and "Krishna" who were very enigmatic characters always benevolent and extremely composed under very stressful situations as if they knew that things were going to be alright. Also the descriptions of the weapon called the "Bhrama Astra" i dont see how ancient writers could have described such advanced weaponry even if from their imaginations alone.

The Brahmastra is a mental weapon, summoned mentally by anyone with the knowledge to do so. At least, that's what source materials (Vedas) state.
You cannot ignore context here. If you do, you wander into lala land.

soul442) 100 ton plus megalithic stones which make up the base of temple mount and other structures around the globe.

With the understanding that one wouldn't want to have to move one of these stones oneself, the fact is we have documentation that such stones were quarried, transported and placed (somewhat) regularly by the Romans.

Which particular stones did you have in mind here?

soul44Ive been watching the show "time scanners" where they survey the walls which surround temple mount and how one of the megalithic stones which is estimated to be in excess of 500 tons simply just sits there as if it was no task for the ancient to move such a gigantic stone, i just dont see how the movement of these stones were possible without help from advanced machinery.

If you mean the Temple on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, it is documented that Herod erected the retaining walls there with the huge stones that are so well known. This is one of the examples of Roman megalithic usage I mentioned.

soul443) The Nazca airstrips

I find the random straight white lines far more intriguing then the animal Geo-glyphs. Airstrips ? they certainly look that way.

UFOs need airstrips, then, to land? These "airstrips" need only be constructed by brushing away the oxidized top layer of soil, exposing the different-colored layer beneath?

Think again.

soul44

This does not even need any explanation such an incredible event witnessed by a huge number of people and documented yet one which is largely ignored.

The article you mention, and the woodcut that goes with it, were produced several years after the supposed event. The woodcut is particularly interesting. See more of Glaser's work here.

Turns out that Glaser was often used to illustrate warnings from the Almighty.

Here's one:
Appearance in the sky at waldeck:
link

Harte

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

gncnew

Nobody ever finds any evidence of anything saying in plain words: "Being got out of a craft and showed us stuff, then left"

"A God got out of a Flying Chariot, taught Astronomy and Math, then flew back to the Heavens".

There's plenty of that reported by the ancients. They just used different vocabulary than "Aliens" and "Craft".

Case settled.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

"A God got out of a Flying Chariot, taught Astronomy and Math, then flew back to the Heavens". There's plenty of that reported by the ancients. They just used different vocabulary than "Aliens" and "Craft". Case settled.

So the fairly well documented mathematical discoveries and advancements in Greece were said to be given by "gods"?

So Anaximenes, Pythagoras, Democritus, Theaetetus, Euclid, Archimedes, etc, etc etc ........ claimed gods gave them their information? Not observation, experimentation, intuition, etc?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Chamberf=6

So the fairly well documented mathematical discoveries and advancements in Greece were said to be given by "gods"?

Who said anything about Greece? I didnt. I was giving a rebuttal to the OP in the form of an EXAMPLE, to indicate that the ancients did not refer to Aliens as "Aliens" but as Gods. They did not refer to Aircraft as Aircraft but as discs, chariots, flying barques, flying dragons and so forth. Universally they were also culture bearers who brought much more than only math and astronomy.

The case really has been settled for some time now, though it will take the mainstream another 500 years to catch up.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Who said anything about Greece? I didnt.

You brought up math, and I just brought up some of the most significant advances in math.

Ancient aliens (gods as you say) must have caused thunder and volcanoes, because ancients also said gods were responsible for those too.

The case really has been settled for some time now

According to who?
edit on 2/16/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Skyfloating

gncnew

Nobody ever finds any evidence of anything saying in plain words: "Being got out of a craft and showed us stuff, then left"

"A God got out of a Flying Chariot, taught Astronomy and Math, then flew back to the Heavens".

There's plenty of that reported by the ancients. They just used different vocabulary than "Aliens" and "Craft".

Case settled.

Here is yet another example of Skyfloating "settling" a case by fabricating a claim utterly innocent of even a single whit of evidence.

It's true, however, because Skyfloating says so, I suppose.

Harte

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Chamberf=6

According to who?

See Hartes post:

t's true, however, because Skyfloating says so

If the evidence already accumulated, posted, shown on TV, in Documentaries, articles, university lectures does not incentivize you to ask questions nothing will.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

...shown on TV, in Documentaries, articles, university lectures does not incentivize you to ask questions nothing will.

How does asking questions lead to "Case settled"? I'm all for asking questions, even "incentivized" (sic) to ask.

That's a long way from you saying "case settled" over and over.
edit on 2/17/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

...shown on TV, in Documentaries, articles, university lectures does not incentivize you to ask questions nothing will.

How does asking questions lead to "Case settled"? I'm all for asking questions, even "incentivized" (sic) to ask.

That's a long way from you saying "case settled" over and over.
edit on 2/17/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Please.

If you have a question, just ask Skyfloating.

He will be happy to make up an answer for you, and you can be sure it will be based on a sparkly worldview to boot!

Harte

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Thanks for the advice.

Now I can have thousands of questions I have answered by just going to a single source.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Chamberf=6
reply to post by Harte

Thanks for the advice.

Now I can have thousands of questions I have answered by just going to a single source.

The Encyclopedia of Skyfloating, written as needed, on the fly.

Harte

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Harte

soul44

The Brahmastra is a mental weapon, summoned mentally by anyone with the knowledge to do so. At least, that's what source materials (Vedas) state.

Its clearly described that after the weapons were fired there was a noticeable aftermath in the form of destruction and death. Are you to have me believe they had psychic powers instead ?

soul442) 100 ton plus megalithic stones which make up the base of temple mount and other structures around the globe.

With the understanding that one wouldn't want to have to move one of these stones oneself, the fact is we have documentation that such stones were quarried, transported and placed (somewhat) regularly by the Romans.

Which particular stones did you have in mind here?

I'm talking about the 500 ton stone on the western wall. There is now way this could have been moved by manpower alone even engineers today agree with this in fact even modern cranes would have a hard time moving this one piece of stone if I'm correct.

soul44Ive been watching the show "time scanners" where they survey the walls which surround temple mount and how one of the megalithic stones which is estimated to be in excess of 500 tons simply just sits there as if it was no task for the ancient to move such a gigantic stone, i just dont see how the movement of these stones were possible without help from advanced machinery.

If you mean the Temple on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, it is documented that Herod erected the retaining walls there with the huge stones that are so well known. This is one of the examples of Roman megalithic usage I mentioned.

soul443) The Nazca airstrips

UFOs need airstrips, then, to land? These "airstrips" need only be constructed by brushing away the oxidized top layer of soil, exposing the different-colored layer beneath?

Think again.

Hey anything is possible i mean if i went to an alien planet and i had expensive machinery why not create simple visual aid to help with landing however primitive they may seem. I am on a new planet what if there are instrument malfunctions ?

soul44

The article you mention, and the woodcut that goes with it, were produced several years after the supposed event. The woodcut is particularly interesting. See more of Glaser's work here.

Turns out that Glaser was often used to illustrate warnings from the Almighty.

Here's one:
Appearance in the sky at waldeck:
link

Oh that's very interesting i had no idea maybe i should re consider my thoughts on this woodcut then.

Harte

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

soul44

Harte

Its clearly described that after the weapons were fired there was a noticeable aftermath in the form of destruction and death. Are you to have me believe they had psychic powers instead ?

Certainly I would not.
However, it is you that believes in what is in the Vedas. I'm just pointing out that your source describes the weapon you named as mental, rather than physical.

Harte

edit on 2/20/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Harte

The Encyclopedia of Skyfloating, written as needed, on the fly.

Some Acknowledgement at last.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join