It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOHO Catches A UFO ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you Phage for the truth.

It's good to know some people know what they are talking about on ATS.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I hear you and granted that's probably what it is. I guess I just like to keep and open mind on the subject as I am someone who would very much love to experience contact one day (you hopeless dreamer I hear you cry). Let's jst go crazy and say a spaceship did get caught in a soho image grab, in your opinion how would the image differ to what we are seeing here?

reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheTruth

Comets are not seen in only one frame, they are seen in a series of frames, as are all actual objects. Only image artifacts and objects very close to the satellite (debris) are seen in single frames.

edit on 10/11/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It's obviously a Romulan Bird of Prey.

Hope Picard and the Enterprise is on intercept course, we don't need a threat by the Romulans AND the Democratic party!

But all kidding aside, that really does look interesting and reminded me of a story I'm going to go post now.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Just a couple of questions for clarification....
Do SOHO and LMSAL use the same cameras?
Why would a similar shaped object show up on shots from several different days like heineken (I think it was) posted?
Since I know absolutely nothing about SOHO and LMSAL I'm curious.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBigK

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a huge space ship full of intelligent aliens come visit Earth and put all the corrupt leaders in check, and teach the world how to prosper and live in peace... however, I highly doubt any beings can obtain the technology to traverse light years distances without first destroying themselves in the process of discovering said technology, so I have many doubts.

Anyway... If there really was a space craft captured on one of these satellites in the manner some here are suggesting, I would expect the craft to block some light coming from the Sun, and actually have a shadow, or dark black spot. I would doubt it would be illuminated so evenly all over the craft as much as you see in the image. There would have to be a spot on the craft which is not illuminated by the Sun. So it would be both very bright on the top, and very dark on the bottom, if not completely black.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sabreblade

LMSAL uses images from a variety of sources, including SOHO.
www.lmsal.com...
What you are seeing is a "difference" image. A subtraction combination of subsequent images which makes it easier to see changes between them.

Similar artifacts show up because the sensors and software are the same.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
You people are very dumb, this is not a UFO not even a nice space rock, its a picture of the sun, and you still up and assume its a ufo? If you call yourself smart, well i hate to break it to you but your wrong.

This is all I read... I couldn't go on.
Before you call us "dumb", learn to differentiate between the use of "your" and "you're"

Here's a link that might help you do that: www.ehow.com...

After you read that and write properly, I might take you seriously and even admit I'm "dumb" (If you happen to be right of course)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Perhaps it's not that far from the satellite then? Depth perception in these images seems pretty difficult. What if the object was only a couple of hundred miles from the satellite and as it whizzed by and was only snapped for a single frame?

Playing devils advocate aside, I am thinking artifact now after reading a couple of articles on the subject. Next time my alien friends...next time!

reply to post by Phage

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBigK

In that case, since the images are time exposures composed of multiple images, the object would appear something like this (debris):

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well phage is it possible that what we are seeing is a motion blur resulting in a stretched image? Or would we most definitely see multiple linear copies of said object?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Cheers for the reply bud, interesting comments. After all my excitement they might decide to use first contact as a free lunch, pickled human brain being top of the menu. So perhaps all said and done these things are better off being software artifacts

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by TheBigK

In that case, since the images are time exposures composed of multiple images, the object would appear something like this (debris):

it still doesn't explain the trail behind it, and the similar object in different angle (slightly tilted to the side)

Originally posted by heineken
reply to post by ExPostFacto

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99995eec864c.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 11-10-2010 by Enter Ruin because: added quote wih pictures

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBigK

It is my belief that if aliens were capable of reaching Earth they wouldn't need to snack on human brains. The would have probably already discovered the secrets of gravity and matter which would allow them to not only reach Earth in their crafts, but also create any elements and molecules that they would need to survive, using nothing but electromagnetic energy.

They could create water from light. They could create proteins and nutrients from light.
edit on 11-10-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enter Ruin

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by TheBigK

it still doesn't explain the trail behind it, and the similar object in different angle (slightly tilted to the side)

Originally posted by heineken
reply to post by ExPostFacto

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99995eec864c.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 11-10-2010 by Enter Ruin because: added quote wih pictures

You're Lucky Enter,
I've just seen this thread, I ran a C2 movie and it wont give me 2010/10/10 at all, just 2010/10/11 ??

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

what if a "spaceship" entered a planet with gravity?
just like our "spaceships"

like we know anything anyway about anyting!

back to the OP......

so these artifacts that have appeared on the SOHO images, i havnt seen anyone post anything even remotely similiar to support the glitch theory, im not saying it isnt, just would like to clear this up.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So many suggestions from so many people yet Im still on the fence with this one. Logic states that any hot pixel glitches would appear in the exact same place on any photograph that is taken....yea?...so how come we see the almost identical shape in seperate photographs, yet, this glitch has moved to a diffirent position?.

Also, if I may also ask...... SOHO has been created to take photographs of the sun, so why is it plagued by anomolies within its pics?.

Its obvious to me that there are so many willing to "write off" the evidence the op has posted. Personally I think those that do, no matter their standing here are being way, way too premature.

Respects

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Enter Ruin

It's probably not a trail like you think an object would create while traveling, like a comet. It is probably a type of light scattering which caused the camera to create those dots which appear to be a trail.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Diffuse reflection does not cause dots as seen in the Soho pics, It causes increased saturation or blended over exposure. Your statement using "Probably" is Im afraid " Improbable"

Respects

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

what if a "spaceship" entered a planet with gravity?
just like our "spaceships"

like we know anything anyway about anyting!

The only reason human spaceships need wings is because they can't carry enough fuel to allow them to land using powered flight. they can only carry enough fuel to take off, and orbit, but not land...so they just glide down. If the space shuttle had more room for more fuel and weight, they would probably not even need wings, and could just land vertically... like the lunar lander:

If aliens had enough fuel and energy to reach Earth from lightyears away, they better have enough fuel to fly around Earth without needing wings and air to give them lift.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join