It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOHO Catches A UFO ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thank god this is fake for a second there I thought the earth was going to be attacked by the universe's biggest drill bit.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bphi1908

What exactly is fake ?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by subby

I've emailed nrl.navy.mil. I'll post what I get back.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Remember this thing from a while ago? I think it baffled scientists at the time.. looks similar to what is in the SOHO pics?

Update: en.wikipedia.org...
Ah don't think it could be that :p as you were!
edit on 11-10-2010 by TheBigK because: adding some info

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Dude, did you even look at the images?? I was able to scan through them and pull up the EXACT one...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Is it possible that if these images do show 'ships' of some kind, that they could be made out of some kind of metal/surrounded by some kind of energy field/ etc etc that makes it show up white to SOHO? Sure it looks strange to us, because everything else in the background is different .. but are we forgetting that with different worlds there could be different technologies/laws/physics. What I mean to say is, if these are ships, could it be possible that it's something we've never encountered before and perhaps that is why it would look strange enough to be written off as a... 'pixel bloom' or..whatever haha. Could it be some sort of cloaking device? I find this really interesting.. like everyone else I'm trying to think of different things it could be, but I keep finding myself coming back to.. 'what if it's just something beyond our understanding.'

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Sometimes satellites will obtain error messages while taking pictures with their digital cameras. What appears is usually a dark or black spot or square that is indicative that the digital camera experienced an "error". Since this is the SOHO an "error" in pixalation during the photo would most likely show up as a errant shape and a light one at that. I have seen these before on SOHO. Just Kiddin, its the "Fiery Phoenix." GO G-Force!:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I can't believe some of you on ATS... you are looking at images of the most unpredictable source of radiation in the solar system and you wonder what every single artifact is.

You know, the Sun emits light right? Every single type of light we know comes from the Sun in wild unpredictable ways. Cameras detect this light.... don't you think the camera is going to pick some weird anomalies?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well, I don't think you can be sure of that, so I say let people speculate, dare to dream
The fact a similar shape with trail has been spotted in other images does add some credability to this image I would say. You also get a real sense of perspective looking at the shape, enough to feel like it is travelling and has a very geometric form. Now I guess it could well be artifacting but I would say keep an open mind. Perhaps have a good look though the database to see if you can find similar artifacts which could prove this type of thing is common?

reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 0R10N

Image 57 or 58 one of the two ;-0

edit on 11-10-2010 by lee63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by Overtime
Mr. Zeropoint,

Nice catch. The trailing "exhaust" adds to the possibility of a mothership of some kind.

respectfully,
Ot

Not really, it could be an asteroid, or a meteor. As a matter of fact the trail shows clear signs that matter is breaking off from the object, leaving it in a trail behind, which points to it most probably being an asteroid or meteor than some sort of spaceship.

If it didn't show that trail THEN we could rule out the object being a meteor or asteroid, but instead it is leaving a trail of particles/matter.

I think you mean a comet, those are the ones that produce the trails.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Amazing pics!

i wonder if this could be the same object

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by istayaway

I think you're right!
I see the same shape, ejecting matter, right under the sun.

but this leads to another question...

Have a look at the time stamps, this new image is 4 hours and 6 minutes later than the one from the OP. The object is the smallest yet here, who wants to try calculating the extreme velocities it must be traveling at?

Is it in a sun orbit?

Also, the ejected matter is always traveling in a straight line. If it were in an orbit, wouldn't you see a curved trail?

I almost don't want to suggest it, however this is starting to look like multiple objects.
edit on 11-10-2010 by sstark because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2010 by sstark because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Zeropoint

HEY THANKS finally something interesting.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wow, you need to relax champ
If you think it's plasma why not hit us with some of the science and some examples? If a spaceship did pass by the sun one day to get itself a little energy boost you would probably still claim it's a plasma rock. I wonder if the artifact gang will start calling you plasma boy's dumb now?.. this could get ugly

reply to post by Anthony1138

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

is this anger all because of your epic fail thread "American information on ufos"

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigK
The fact a similar shape with trail has been spotted in other images does add some credability to this image I would say.

Perhaps have a good look though the database to see if you can find similar artifacts which could prove this type of thing is common?

First you say there is similar objects in other images... then you ask to prove this thing is common by looking for more images of it.... I think it's already proven this thing is common because you found other images of it.

It's not a space ship... I'm sorry. It's anomaly caused by the Sun which humans, with their brains ability to identify shapes, are made to believe is an aircraft with wings because it reminds them of something they have seen before. Space ships don't need wings... there is no air...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The "object" is apparently an artifact produced by the software on the satellite.
An almost identical effect can be seen in the C3 image here:

Since the C3 image covers a much wider field of view than the C2 image and the "object" is the same apparent size in each (50 pixels across), it's clear that it is not physical object.
edit on 10/11/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I just loaded up over 1,000 images and played them back and forth and the weird thing is I think we are seeing TWO separate yet identical objects. Load up their player and select the date 2010-9-25 to 2010-10-13 and play through them.

Soho Movie Theatre Link

The objects were traveling as fast as comets and other space matter that they were only caught in one frame, not even ten minutes before or after can you see any sign of it. Satellites are caught amongst about 50 of frames as they move so slow.
Its definitely TWO objects of IDENTICAL design at caught in TWO INSTANCES.
This is NOT a glitch or bloom effect, the odds are unimaginable of producing the same effect.

Debunk this if you can.

P.s. Phage, your kidding me right? This is not a software glitch, although you may have spotted yet another instance of such an object. I think we should crawl and see how many of these objects are in their archives.
edit on 10/11/2010 by TasteTheTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join