It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Aliens be Time Travelers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
What if the time on Earth when Ancient Civilizations were booming, the UFO's we presently see and disappear are time traveling Aliens?

If you had space travel capabilities and encountered a planet on a space mission, wouldn't you go back in time on that Planet? Or maybe to the Future?

But wouldn't the ET's be going forward in Time if they arrived at Earth in Ancient Times?

If in fact in Ancient texts the description of things in the sky were UFO's and Gods coming down to Earth, and UFO sightings are still reported...

What if you are an ET race so advanced that when you discover a planet. You can travel forward in time and see the planets future, and be constantly existing throughout the planet's history, but only seems like a fragment of time to you?

Wouldn't a being of higher dimension exist in such a way? Maybe this why we would appear as ants to them?

Can doing something in the future affect the past?

Say building a 3-D city with 4 Dimensional technology, couldn't you have the finished product before you even began? Because you eliminate the time it took you to build it?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

One interesting theory I just read suggested that aliens and ufos are just us from the future, trying to fix the past.

I personally highly doubt it, but still think its an interesting idea. There have been a few good threads on the subject.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Right I have heard the theories the Grey looking alien could actually be our next step in evolution. I believe we are suppose to keep evolving?

But I was more mentioning with the Age of our Universe, if Ancient Astronauts did arrive to Earth, and if they had time travel capabilities, wouldn't they travel to the future?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Oh ok, I'm sorry I skimmed the OP a little too quickly.

Actually I suppose that would make a lot of sense if (big if) there were aliens capable of visiting us and time travel. 'Lets fast forward a little and see how bad these Neanderthals mess up the planet.' A couple time hops in, 'Oh #### we better start deactivating those nukes!'

Cool thought, I hadn't considered or heard of it before.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
What if the time on Earth when Ancient Civilizations were booming, the UFO's we presently see and disappear are time traveling Aliens?

If you had space travel capabilities and encountered a planet on a space mission, wouldn't you go back in time on that Planet? Or maybe to the Future?

But wouldn't the ET's be going forward in Time if they arrived at Earth in Ancient Times?

If in fact in Ancient texts the description of things in the sky were UFO's and Gods coming down to Earth, and UFO sightings are still reported...

What if you are an ET race so advanced that when you discover a planet. You can travel forward in time and see the planets future, and be constantly existing throughout the planet's history, but only seems like a fragment of time to you?

Wouldn't a being of higher dimension exist in such a way? Maybe this why we would appear as ants to them?

Can doing something in the future affect the past?

Say building a 3-D city with 4 Dimensional technology, couldn't you have the finished product before you even began? Because you eliminate the time it took you to build it?

Dude,

Whatever you've been smoking will you send me some?

tt

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

All I'm saying is that what if the UFOs we see are jumping back and forth in time. What if our Ancient Civilizations are where all the ET are hiding out.

Get what I'm saying?

They essentially exist all the time. They are perpetually existential.

They travel in the 4th Dimension possibly so our Universe we would be as flat and small as a piece of paper to them, or even a single dot for that matter.

Kind of like when you dream you are at 2 places at once. Your physically laying down asleep, and wherever you are in your dream. So there is a dimension that exists.

I'm not saying that ET's travel with dream technology,

but they might. I don't mean it in the sense of our literal dreams, but your dreams can last a lifetime and only be 5 minutes long in reality.

Soooo think of a 4th dimension existing in that same exact way. In a 3-D world we have:

Up
Down
Left
Right
Forward
Back

and Diagonal

All around us wherever you may fall asleep, there is a dimension that exists in the center of all those points, and it's infinite.

Up
Down
Left
[ ]
Right
Forward
Back

We can't see it. The 4th dimension we can't see. Some say it's time. I'm guessing the 4th dimension would be bending and reflecting all over us at a single point from the perspective of someone in the 4th dimension?

So really if you had a 4th dimensional time traveling craft you would basically be flipping a switch and appearing in another time in 3-D worlds?

And maybe UFO's are doing that all the time. And maybe ET's visiting Earth, arrive at Earth, flip the switch on their craft, and appear in Ancient Times, and basically the advanced ancient civilizations are the UFO hubs.

maybe...

edit on 9-10-2010 by game over man because: remove one word

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by game over man

Reminds me of the Cathedral of Chalesm en.wikipedia.org...

Have you read Hyperspace by Michio Kaku? It explores some of the implications of higher dimensional space. For example, being able to disappear at will, walk through walls, instantly appear in different locations. Sound familiar?

If a civilisation was able to travel in another dimension such as time or even a higher spatial dimension they would appear like gods to us.

It's interesting that our perception of time may just be hard-wired into us and not really reflect the 'reality'. Another race might perceive time in very different ways to us.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Time travelers? Aliens? oh uh.. Somehow i sense the presence of harumi suzuima O_O!! XD.

Back on topic, i do not doubt that we have visitors from the future as i am sure everyone knows time travel is very much a reality, just that we cannot quite pull it off yet, the equations and stuff is all already there, waiting to be put to practical use.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

It seems more likely to me that they would be traveling from the future into the past. To me, full time travel seems like something that is invented at the end, and not at the beginning. What if ancient astronauts are human beings from our own distant future? Genetic engineering, strip mining precious metals and building lasting monuments to themselves using human slaves and high technology sounds a lot like our own corporate world run amok than anything remotely certifiably "alien".

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Interesting. Of all the "UFOs are Future Us Time Travel" threads and all the "Ancient Astronauts" threads, this is the first I've seen combining the two in just this way. While I do not necessarily agree with your overall ideas, the basic suggested concept is quite impressive; it does elicit not so much a different direction of thought, but a slightly different path of thought to explore. Thanks for the thread.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I believe it is much more simple for them. With all that advanced technology I'm sure they would have some of it invested into healing. Space travel might still take a while so maybe cryogenic freezing or hibernation chamber might be involved. But that might bring up some problems at home. ET leaves his wife for what seems like a week to check on EARTH but when he comes back it has been 200 years and his wife is an android with lubricating parts. Just seems like if they put so much effort into not being seen they would eventually be sending in the war ships. Why else would they keep it on such the down low. If it is worth looking into and spending time watching it then it is obviously worth your time. I'm not sure many creatures spend their time not doing something important for its own good. I am actually almost positive that every creature I know spends most of its time looking for food and resources to survive. I just hope they don't want anything we have and they keep their war ships way out of range. Although I would really rather have war ships instead of a guided meteorite if for some crazy chance I had to choose from the two.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
They very much so could be, it would explain ancient astronauts, if we had time travel we would visit pivitol moments in history, columbus discovering the new world (he reported seeing a UFO shortly before his arrival in the new world). The standard alien grey even do look like an advanced version of us, better eyes, limbs and larger brains etc.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
With all these different threads recently and the Ancient Art thread it kind of dawned upon me that these paintings with "UFOS" in them and stories of UFOS, and we spot UFOS today, with their theorized technology, could both of these events be happening simultaneously, and this idea gives us a perspective on Time and the 4th Dimension?

For example a picture of a blurry UFO could be the same UFO you see in a Painting? Or Ancient Cave Art?

Could they not be Aliens of the Past, but Aliens of the 4th Dimension?

And could an Alien in our 3-D Universe much older than the Human race, invent 4th Dimension technology?

If you could travel to 3-D World and observe it through the 4th Dimension, is this not what an Advance Race could do?

Could we invent 4th Dimensional technology and instantaneously see Time as a single point? This would require you to be in a Craft because you are a 3-D creature.

To simply things here a little bit,

What if Ancient Astronauts came to Earth, and once settled here on Earth, they decided to Travel to the Future, or Travel Back in Time. AND maybe when they traveled to the Future and discovered what humans would evolve into, they left Earth. But if they so please they can return to Ancient Times. Think of Ancient Times as an actual place so far away, it is a very strong military base.

Wouldn't modern humans be more of a value to manipulate, maybe in different ways, than Ancient Humans?

So maybe an Ancient Alien race came to Earth, hence the Ancient Alien Theory, and while in Ancient Times they travel to the Future to harvest Future/Modern Humans?

Literally invade the Planet through the 4th Dimension. A 3-D alien race using 4th Dimensional technology.

And Ancient Times is where they set up base and are present on Earth. And maybe in the far off future they Return...

If they are fairly human in nature, able to breath our atmosphere, and genetically different; they could be powerful creatures. And if they once ruled massive kingdoms and empires for many centuries, could they not be gaining lots of wealth currently and then return more powerful than ever before?

People assume advanced aliens are going to be this little green guy, "take me to your leader", but they could be very powerful human like creatures, who really don't give us any of their technology.

top topics

join