It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying 7 Year Old Taunted by Adults

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Yes, they're entitled to peace, and these 2 hideous neighbors are not disturbing the peace.
They're clever and crafty, agreed, and it's not right what they're doing, but to say it's illegal is just gullibility.

again im not siding with these people, but i also can't stand it when others add sensationalism and their own home brewed assessments of the situation.

It's despicable. It's not illegal.

I can assure you I am not gullible by any means, in fact I worked as a Law Enforcement officer in Michigan for many years, so I know the laws fairly well.

There was a PPO issued against Jennifer Petkov for continuing with blatant disregard for the families peace.

If you want to get technical I can site plenty of laws, here is one that was violated, pursuant to section 2950 of the revised judicature act of 1961, being section 600.2950. of the Michigan Compiled Laws.

This law states that if a person is assaulted and yes this can be verbally, but this would have to be a direct assault and not an indirect one and in violation of a protection order, as is the case here, an arrest can be made.

Here is an article that gives some insight into this matter, but if Jennifer confronted them directly you can expect tort liability for sure.

jonathanturley.org...

The question is what criminal or civil liability the Petkovs could face. They have a constitutional right to be horrible people. However, their first amendment rights are limited in cases of harassment, stalking, and other crimes. The most obvious criminal charge would be any violation of the restraining order.

This is a grey area, because of the 1st amendment rights, but when someone is directly confronted, especially when a PPO has been issued, then legal action can be taken, it may not be criminal, but in this case it may be civil actions.

It will be interesting to see what transpires in this particular case. I would wager Michigan passing a Cyber stalk law now.

I would bet they will pursue this via civil laws and common tort law enforced and a civil jury picked, but criminal most likely not.

reply to post by Snarf

edit on 13-10-2010 by Realtruth because: spelling corrections

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
the good thing out of all of this is they raised over 12,000 in a WEEKEND to help these local kids with the disease, INTERNATIONAL AWARENESS has been made of Huntingtons Disease, she will be crowed a 'princess' at Disney on Ice due to a local radio station and Make a Wish, so for all the slimy crap those bottom feeders caused, ALOT of good has come out of it

www.myfoxdetroit.com...
www.963wdvd.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I would say that good spirits and human kindness are much more prevalent that people think.

More good than bad, or else more people would have sided with the Petkov's view.

This warms my heart.

Originally posted by HomerinNC
the good thing out of all of this is they raised over 12,000 in a WEEKEND to help these local kids with the disease, INTERNATIONAL AWARENESS has been made of Huntingtons Disease, she will be crowed a 'princess' at Disney on Ice due to a local radio station and Make a Wish, so for all the slimy crap those bottom feeders caused, ALOT of good has come out of it

www.myfoxdetroit.com...
www.963wdvd.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Everyone join with me in directing Karma to these ignoramus' door! While we're at it join me in healing thoughts for this little girl.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'm having trouble figuring out how Karma fits into any of this. I'm sure believers have debunked it in the past before, but could someone explain to me how Karma is a part of this? From my basic understanding, wouldn't the parties that have wrong done unto them be responsible for it in some way? Whether it be in this life, or the last? Or is Karma negated when wrong-doings happen to good people?

Anyway, I'm sure the subscribers of Karmic principles have heard it all before, or else why would they continue to believe in it? There must be some reason, me thinks.

Maybe it's the whole, "everything is going to be okay" reflex. Brings to mind, "... bad things happen to good people ..." and so on. Seems pretty flimsy.
edit on 13-10-2010 by Tetradeth because: Adding.

edit on 13-10-2010 by Tetradeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
Everyone join with me in directing Karma to these ignoramus' door! While we're at it join me in healing thoughts for this little girl.

I have no problem sending healing thoughts for this little girl and have been doing so for days, Karma is something you create for yourself, you don't send to someone..

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

well, respectfully, i think your interpretation is slightly biased.

But, time will tell...if they get arrested, ill be sure to say "I was wrong"

hopefully you'll feel the same way

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I think you missed my whole point of what I said, their is a possibility of criminal charges, but most like will not happen.

You can be brought into court in a Law, via tort law, with a full Jury trial. Decisions made in civil court are not criminal, but for or against. In this case it could involve many complaints, via the lawsuit but I doubt they will pursue since this little angel is on her way out.

She is in my prayers as well as her family.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Link

Taunted on Internet, Dying Girl Gets Shopping Spree
Oct. 15) -- A terminally ill little girl has been given a toy store shopping spree after being taunted on the Internet and in person by a woman who lives across the street from her grandmother.

A beaming Kathleen Edward, age 7, wandered the aisles to her heart's content Thursday in Tree Town Toys in Ann Arbor, Mich., hugging stuffed dogs and pandas to her chest. She arrived in a white limousine, courtesy of donations that have poured in since the story of harassment went viral on the Web The Detroit News Reported.

"It's been the day of her life," her dad said.

More than $20,000 has been collected from worldwide donations --$17,000 by the toy store and $5,000 by the Huntington's Disease Society of America Michigan chapter.

Kathleen spent about $2,000 during the shopping spree; the family is donating the rest to C.S. Mott Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor.

This is great news, in the end everyone benefited, I am happy to see the money go to Children's Hospital which is World Class Hospital.

edit on 15-10-2010 by Aquarius1 because: added link

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well, Karma has a way of working....Jennifer Petkov was arrested today...
www.myfoxdetroit.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the update, don't watch local news so didn't hear about her arrest.

myFOXDetroit.com Staff - Police in Trenton say Jennifer Petkov was arrested today for 'assault using a dangerous weapon' and 'reckless driving' after she allegedly tried to use her car to run over a neighbor. This is the same woman who had been taunting a dying little girl, Kathleen Edward of Trenton, by posting disturbing photos on Facebook.

On Wednesday, neighborhood resident Tana Boling was on her way to Rebecca Rose's house, the grandmother of Kathleen Edward. As she crossed the street she says Petkov tried to hit her. "Her car was in her driveway. I didn't notice if anyone was inside, it's just there. When I got so far into the street, she came speeding out of her driveway right toward me. If I didn't get out of the way she would have hit me, there is no doubt," says Boling.

Link

Video at the link

She is currently on 6 months probation that started in July, she is really a peice of work, I hope she gets convicted of trying to hit the woman crossing the street, she could get up to 4 years.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
yeah, she has some serious issues, lets hope she can work on them and be abetter person

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Jennifer Petkov's Kids Ordered to Live with Father
Updated: Thursday, 21 Oct 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 20 Oct 2010, 11:13 PM EDT

By RON SAVAGE
myFOXDetroit.com

TRENTON, Mich. - A custody hearing was held for two of Jennifer Petkov's children. A Wayne County Probate Court judge ruled on an emergency order. Her eight-year-old daughter and five-year-old son from a previous relationship will now move in with their father until further notice.

Petkov made headlines a few days ago after she admitted to taunting the family of 7-year-old Kathleen Edward, who is dying from Huntington's Disease. She posted disturbing photos of Kathleen of Facebook, and her husband Scott Petkov parked a coffin on the street in front of the girl's home.

www.myfoxdetroit.com...

This is great news, she doesn't deserve to be any where near children, adults for that matter.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
She still has at least one more child with her current husband, and she may even have some from her first husband. (yes, that's three husbands.)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Sick people, just make sure you never bring anyone into this world full of 95% scum, that just lust after killing and torturing.

I can just see alex jones and ron paul, having a big smile on there face, after this girl was haressed, the people they are. Alex and ron would love to taunt this little girl too i reckon, and thats the even sader part of it, they are conning you lot.

Just a sad story,a dn the animals in the police and gov i would not be surprised probably are jumping for joy, as the animals they are, that have created our society of scum.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
She still has at least one more child with her current husband, and she may even have some from her first husband. (yes, that's three husbands.)

Thanks for the reminder, have forgotten that she has a child with her current husband, maybe not for long. Not to excuse him in anyway but my feeling that most of is her and that she brow beat him into going along, if that is the case I certainly have no respect for him either.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
How could any sane human being stoop so low as to taunt the sad life of a misfortunate child and her dead mother? You've brought shame to our species, and I hope that you yourselves feel shame for what you've done!

May this child's sould rest peacefully, and may her next life be less dreadful...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Because murdering someone for being a prick is actually worse than being a prick.

This is called "ethics."

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
what the hell is wrong with people. seriously!
fate out to swap their positions in my humble opinion

They were Americans, thats what wrong with them...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Wonderfully ignorant statement on your part, their are many more good people in both North American and South America, very large continents.

Originally posted by notimportant

Originally posted by NephraTari
what the hell is wrong with people. seriously!
fate out to swap their positions in my humble opinion

They were Americans, thats what wrong with them...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join