It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying 7 Year Old Taunted by Adults

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well folks I thought I had heard it all but this is an all new low.

I am at a loss for words, so I am not even going to try and muster something that would suit this situation but a "sigh" and a thought of total disbelief.

Please send you thoughts of Love and caring to this family, the Mother of this child already died from the same disease.

Meet Kathleen Edward 7 Years Old

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d0522a4d1aa7.jpg[/atsimg]

Dying 7 Year Old Taunted by Neighbors

TRENTON, Mich. - Her family says 7-year-old Kathleen Edward is in the final stages of a degenerative brain disorder diagnosed as Huntington's Disease - the same disease which killed her mother, Laura, when she was only 24.

Neighbors Jennifer and Scott Petkov, who have been feuding with the family, admitted to posting grim depictions of Laura and Kathleen on Facebook. One photo depicts Laura in the arms of the grim reaper, while the other features Kathleen's face above a set of crossbones.

The couple also have a coffin hitched to a pick-up truck in front of the house, which they say is nothing more than a halloween decoration.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

edit on 8-10-2010 by Realtruth because: Picture was needed for thread, My thoughts of Love and compassion go out to this family

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
what the hell is wrong with people. seriously!
fate out to swap their positions in my humble opinion

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
My God how disgusting and low can people go?

The internet has made some people go bonkers!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Awful, absolutely awful.

How can anyone be so cruel to a kid that's ill and, has lost her mum?

+58 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is what happens when society becomes so patronizing in protecting the guilty and being a litigious nanny state that people become too frightened to do the right thing and just beat the snot out of idiots like this.

This kind of thing used to be avoided simply by the fear of having somebody knock on your door to hand out some instant justice.

Sickening, pathetic, tasteless, and hopefully something that God, if such a thing exists, will take a pound of flesh for.

~Heff

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

Karma is a bitch, and these people will get what is coming to them. Take solace in that, everyone.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
My God how disgusting and low can people go?

The internet has made some people go bonkers!

Thank you!

You think these social networking sites truly help humanity

They disassociate ourselves from each other and take away our ability to empathize and come together at a deep level.

We sit alone, and feel the slightest bits of sympathy, if that, miles away from whomever else we're chatting with.

We've lost our connection to be in communion, as a brotherhood of man.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

What is this world coming to - UNREAL!

I am totally disgusted...........

* What goes around comes around.........KARMA*

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
WTF???!!!

Scummy bastards!

Why isnt the street going to these scum inhuman ghouls with baseball bats? Clearly they are not human and the world would not miss this vile filth!

Damn!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Personally I think this country has collectively lost it's mind.

I read an above poster who mentioned folks behaviour on the internet, I tend to agree. I 100% support freedom of speech without fail, but the internet has given voice to lunatics who we did not have to hear from in the past. The internet has become some individuals bully pulpit to spew the most vile speech and actions.

God bless her and her family.

edit took out my bully pulpit comments...
edit on 8-10-2010 by deadbang because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I wish those neighbors could take that little girls place.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
My day was rolling along pretty well, until I read this.
Such cruelty directed at the child and family, unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If we cant have compassion for each other we will destroy each other.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I don't even know what to say about this.

Words are not enough sometimes.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Let's hope Karma excists so they get what they deserve for doing something so disgusting.

Some people needa just not excist...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Am I reading this correctly? the feud is over a text message that didn't come fast enough?Have people gone insane?Do I even live on the same planet?When I gave birthday parties for my kids I would give out invitations and then invite all the kids in the neighborhood,those were always the best parties.That poor child I wish I could give her a big hug to let her know theirs people out there that love her.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Unreal, huh?

Second line of disbelief.

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Am I reading this correctly? the feud is over a text message that didn't come fast enough?Have people gone insane?Do I even live on the same planet?When I gave birthday parties for my kids I would give out invitations and then invite all the kids in the neighborhood,those were always the best parties.That poor child I wish I could give her a big hug to let her know theirs people out there that love her.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I wish I lived in that street..

A good lynching would be had.. Then a bbq..

I cant believe someone would do that to this wee angel.. We are truly lost if we continue to put up with this kind of evil crap

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

I think maybe people have always been insane, but with the internet, you hear about all these insane stories more often. It's the only explanation I have, otherwise people are going insane more and the future does not look bright.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I know violence isn't the answer, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Those people need their arse handed to them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join